darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > I really cannot believe what I just saw (trailer).
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
I really cannot believe what I just saw (trailer). [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 23:15:47 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
This game looks Godawful. The only reason why Activision is using Spyro's name in the title, and as a character is to make a profit. Otherwise the game wouldn't sell like it probably is going to.
This game looks awful. I've thought I gave up on Spyro years ago, but now I'm pretty sure Spyro is nothing but a marketing plot to make a profit now. Too bad they're not getting my profit, the game looks awful in my honest opinion. I won't bother renting it. Also, from what it looks like you have to buy the dolls at Toy's R' us? I'm sure Spyro will end up being included in the box, but having to buy any other doll to play as that character is a load of crap. I'm being really honest, this is one big marketing plot to get money. In order to play the game, you will want all the characters. Go spend $30-$50 on the game, then buy the 30+ dolls so you can play the rest of the game, or complete it. There was nothing I read that said the other characters were necessary to complete it.
Although, I can see the 6-12 year old target market they seem to be approaching..but..really? My impressions from all the articles I had read, and the trailer. Be sure to agree and disagree with my thoughts. :>
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#2 Posted: 23:17:09 11/02/2011
YOU ONLY NEED SPYRO TO COMPLETE THE GAME. smilie

Every other character is option. We don't know if they'll have exclusive areas or something now, but different powers, yes.
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#3 Posted: 23:18:11 11/02/2011
Have you seen the little Wii how it works" thing? Looks fun to me, I'll be buying it.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 23:18:33 11/02/2011
I'm on the fence with the game....not a hater nor a fan...

And fans, I'd advise you don't start a big fuss over "IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!!"...there's no real point, it won't change this guys opinion...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 23:19:41 11/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Every other character is option. We don't know if they'll have exclusive areas or something now, but different powers, yes.

Don't even bother... I've said it so many times now- Infact...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#6 Posted: 23:19:44 11/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I'm on the fence with the game....not a hater nor a fan...

And fans, I'd advise you don't start a big fuss over "IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!!"...there's no real point, it won't change this guys opinion...

BUT IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!!!!!11111

Just kidding smilie

Eh, I've misjudged games before, so I tend not to do it anymore.... I actually didn't like the look of Super Mario Galaxy, tried it, and was blown away by it.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#7 Posted: 23:20:30 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
YOU ONLY NEED SPYRO TO COMPLETE THE GAME. -_-

Well that's a positive. Spyro really has no big role at all in this game, still. They're only using him to reach a better profit. Without Spyro, who would care about this game? No one, or not as much people.
I love how they removed the Spyro logo and made it all generic, like he is meaningless. No really. :>
#8 Posted: 23:23:07 11/02/2011
I don't even think having Spyro's name would do much...Mario or Sonic would do a lot, but Spyro is all but forgotten to the general public. Nobody talks about himo
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 23:23:15 11/02/2011
You only need Spyro to complete the game.

And I didn't see you give a good reason why the game was awful. You just said that the game is awful several times.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#10 Posted: 23:25:38 11/02/2011
Wait, he said it WAS awful? It's months from release.

Getting sick of all the stereotypes now.
#11 Posted: 23:26:09 11/02/2011
Wait, he said it WAS awful? It's months from release.

Getting sick of all the stereotypes now.

Refer to my first post....
And he said the trailer WAS awful, and the game LOOKS awful...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:01 11/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#12 Posted: 23:27:37 11/02/2011
Just respect the fact this doesn't look like a good game to HIM guys. We don't jump on you and your reasons when you say the game looks good..

And @ first post- I feel the same. It feels to me like they just threw Spyro in there, imo.
#13 Posted: 23:28:13 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
You only need Spyro to complete the game.

And I didn't see you give a good reason why the game was awful. You just said that the game is awful several times.

I'm sorry.
Firstly, the reason why I think this game looks terrible. The game looks bad (from impressions and gameplay, (very little glimpse) and even the gimmick.), from the bits of gameplay we saw, it just doesn't look fun for me. It doesn't look innovative at all. It looks like Ninja Bread Man , or any other bad platformer, action/adventure game. The gimmick is what is really lame. You need a pad, and an action figure to use Spyro or any other character. What first came to mind when I saw that, was "This is so stupid. I'm not wasting money on some bad game." These things are easy to loose too. Once you lose the pad, Spyro, or any other character, consider them unplayable and you have to spend you're money on another one.
Basically, it looks really stupid in my opinion.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#14 Posted: 23:28:20 11/02/2011
I don't even think having Spyro's name would do much...Mario or Sonic would do a lot, but Spyro is all but forgotten to the general public. Nobody talks about himo

However it is really hard to launch a brand new series these days (though that is more for PC than console).
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#15 Posted: 23:30:34 11/02/2011
You only need spyro to complete this game.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#16 Posted: 23:35:50 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Compare and Contrast time.

Original Spyro.
[User Posted Image]
Wow, he looks cool. His attitude is cool. The games are amazing. (Referring to Spyro 1-3, I won't refer to any other.)
The Legend of Spyro, Spyro.
[User Posted Image]
What did they do to my childhood? He looks lame (although this has no relation to how the game is), he's annoying and won't grow up, and the games have NO relation to Spyro. They totally changed genre's with this one. Why did they do this? This series isn't fun at all. This is bad, I wish they would change back.
Skylander's: Spyro's Adventure, Spyro.
[User Posted Image]
WHAT? REALLY? No, just no. This IS NOT Spyro. He has no relation to the purple dragon I grew up playing. He doesn't even look the same. The game doesn't look fun. The toy gimmick sounds lame. 30+ characters? You have to buy the rest? Um, no thanks, and this isn't Sonic. I don't want any more characters. I don't get this. They're only using Spyro as a protagonist so the game will sell more. They modify the render to look like Spyro. Shame.

Original: Fun, amazing, really cool games.
TloS: What did they do? They can go back, I hope. I thought they were fun for a day or two, but this isn't the dragon I know.
Skylander's: Nope. Not touching it.
#17 Posted: 23:46:24 11/02/2011
LOL....
---
#18 Posted: 23:48:20 11/02/2011
Quote: zer0dch
They're only using Spyro as a protagonist so the game will sell more.

He is not the protagonist, the player is. Spyro is just one of your tools.
#19 Posted: 23:49:16 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gwenio
They're only using Spyro as a protagonist so the game will sell more.

He is not the protagonist, the player is. Spyro is just one of your tools.

Good way to make a profit. Really, if Spyro wasn't in the game AT ALL, the game would sell much less.
#20 Posted: 23:51:35 11/02/2011
Spyro's not the main character of his game anymore? He's just your tool? smilie Grest. smilie
#21 Posted: 23:53:41 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby
Spyro's not the main character of his game anymore? He's just your tool? smilie Grest. smilie

Oh cool, look at this. If he's you're tool, and NOT the protagonist, then what's the point in advertising Spyro in the title? Kids like Spyro. Duh. Spyro will make it sell more.
Looks like Activision wants money.
#22 Posted: 23:58:49 11/02/2011

Here is a summary of the plot:

Quote:
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure lets kids take on the role of a powerful Portal Master, who can control over 30 different characters, including the beloved purple dragon Spyro. Each of these heroes is a protector of an amazing, mysterious world, but they have been ejected from their world by the sinister Portal Master known as Kaos and now they are frozen in our world as toys. Only the players of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure can get them back into their world, by embarking on a fantastical journey where they will explore mythical lands, battle menacing, outlandish creatures, collect treasures, and solve challenging puzzles as a part of the quest to save their world.
#23 Posted: 23:59:02 11/02/2011
They could have easily made this game without Spyro involved, but hey, why not throw the guy in so it'll catch someone's eye? smilie

I'm in a hating mood. smilie
#24 Posted: 00:00:13 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
They could have easily made this game without Spyro involved, but hey, why not throw the guy in so it'll catch someone's eye? smilie

I'm in a hating mood. smilie

You're absolutely right. Way to go, Activision.
#25 Posted: 00:05:18 12/02/2011
Look at the plot! It says it plain and simple: play as over 30 characters, including Spyro... yadee da.
It's not a Spyro game. They only highlight his name because it's the only familiar character and best chance of getting this game noticed,
#26 Posted: 00:08:53 12/02/2011
One more reason it is not a Spyro game:

The core of ever true Spyro game is playing as a dragon. You may get other characters for a change of pace, but being a dragon is the main thing.

In Skylanders you might play as a dragon, but it is not central to the game.
#27 Posted: 00:13:33 12/02/2011
Exactly. I'm hoping people are right and this game is to raise awareness Spyro's coming back and to recruit fans for his next full adventure for 3 plus years.
#28 Posted: 00:19:15 12/02/2011
Yes i hope its Spyro´s coming back.
---
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#29 Posted: 22:44:32 12/02/2011

Wow. That rises so much more that I already expected.
Where is the trailer anyway? I can't find it.
#30 Posted: 22:47:13 12/02/2011
Quote: ignitusforever

Similarly, you can complete the game without Spyro.
#31 Posted: 22:47:48 12/02/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...player_embedded
---
#32 Posted: 23:31:22 12/02/2011
30+ characters? You have to buy the rest?

You only need one freakin toy!
#33 Posted: 23:44:48 12/02/2011
30+ characters? You have to buy the rest?

You only need one freakin toy!

I think slowly the hater ignored it o.ô

And when you buy this game it has Spyro and three other figures inclusive...
---
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#34 Posted: 01:16:16 13/02/2011
R.I.P: Here lies hopes and dreams of Spyro turning for the better.
#35 Posted: 01:18:07 13/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX

I think slowly the hater ignored it o.ô

And when you buy this game it has Spyro and three other figures inclusive...

Exactly. You only need one figure to play the game, and you get 3 in the first place.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#36 Posted: 21:45:00 15/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...player_embedded

The trailer was hated so much though. *cough*
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Purple Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#37 Posted: 21:06:38 20/03/2011
WOW. i hate that people say this game is crap because IT HASNT COME OUT YET!!!!!! Geez, ill admit at first i hated but then i reseached it and looked at pictures and thought "hey this pretty awesome" so seriously STOP bagging on the nonexistent game!!!! smilie
---
SPYRO RULES!!!!!!! ALL WHO OPPOSE SHALL DIE!!!!!!
#38 Posted: 21:52:35 20/03/2011
^Finally a voice of reason that isn't me, Aura, or Malefor! The game isn't out yet. Stop yer complaining.
#39 Posted: 21:57:34 20/03/2011
The person who started this topic was saying what they thought of it so far.

Purple, this guy had a fair few good reasons to not like the looks of this game.

It's called a PREVIEW, or an IMPRESSION.
When the game comes out, we will give our REVIEWS, and our VERDICTS.
---
#40 Posted: 22:53:01 20/03/2011
^Yes, but a lot of people are acting like they are giving the game a review, as if they played the game already. That's not really fair.
#41 Posted: 22:55:35 20/03/2011
I know, those people are stupid, or are little kids, and shouldn't even be here....they should go...
*takes deep breath*
...SAAAAVE THE WOOOOORRRLLD!!!....or something....
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#42 Posted: 22:56:29 20/03/2011
At least we know the devs are professional enough to not listen to those so-called "reviews" from overreacting fans.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#43 Posted: 00:23:02 21/03/2011
I'm not too impressed with it; mainly because of the toy thing, but I haven't played it yet, so I don't know until I try smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#44 Posted: 22:20:58 22/03/2011
^Finally a voice of reason that isn't me, Aura, or Malefor! The game isn't out yet. Stop yer complaining.

You called?

The person who started this topic was saying what they thought of it so far.

Purple, this guy had a fair few good reasons to not like the looks of this game.

It's called a PREVIEW, or an IMPRESSION.
When the game comes out, we will give our REVIEWS, and our VERDICTS.

You still cannot judge an entire game just by a preview. Nobodies tried the gameplay out yet, the Toy feature, and the trailer is only a few minutes long. Hardly a Preview. Although we can respect others opinions, the Haters also have to respect the opinions of the Fans.

Quote: Aura24
At least we know the devs are professional enough to not listen to those so-called "reviews" from overreacting fans.

More like complaints from little kids who can't tll left and right.

Quote: AvatariDragon
I'm not too impressed with it; mainly because of the toy thing, but I haven't played it yet, so I don't know until I try smilie

Exactly.
What confuses m is how generations of fans complain for more Spyro Merchendise, but when more Merchendise, the toys, come out, people complain about it making the game silly.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#45 Posted: 22:23:19 22/03/2011
I didn't say judge the WHOLE game.
You wouldn't call a first impression of a person a full "judgement", so the same applies here.
I personally don't like to judge people though...
---
#46 Posted: 22:30:59 22/03/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
You called?

Yes I did. :3
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#47 Posted: 19:11:38 23/03/2011
I didn't say judge the WHOLE game.
You wouldn't call a first impression of a person a full "judgement", so the same applies here.
I personally don't like to judge people though...

Thats what I'm saying, but the way people are reacting to the game makes it look otherwise. I'm actually glad when somebody comes on having a valid reason to hate the game.

Quote: Malefor0001
You called?

Yes I did. :3

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm Popular!
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#48 Posted: 20:22:42 23/03/2011
I don't think any of the haters give much of a reason. The ones who seem like "haters with reason" are people like me, who are on the fence, being realistic, and not getting our hopes up, but not acting like it's the end of the world.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#49 Posted: 20:40:16 23/03/2011
I don't think any of the haters give much of a reason. The ones who seem like "haters with reason" are people like me, who are on the fence, being realistic, and not getting our hopes up, but not acting like it's the end of the world.

I'm kind of like you at the moment with Skylanders. Not sure what to think of it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#50 Posted: 12:48:02 24/03/2011
Good way to make a profit. Really, if Spyro wasn't in the game AT ALL, the game would sell much less.

Lol nope.

Sales wouldn't change if Spyro wasn't in there. The game is targeted towards little kids that weren't alive for the Insomniac trilogy, and may or may not have been too young to play/understand LoS. To them Spyro is just a purple dragon in the game, who's name is in the title. The target age for the most part doesn't know who Spyro is, and how many games he's been in. Taking out Spyro wouldn't change a thing, since to them it's simply removing a character they don't know from the mix. They put Spyro in there to garner the attention of the fandom, and to attempt to bring the franchise back into full swing. But as of now, people like you whom are so afraid of the design that you aren't going to bother trying the game, are going to kill the franchise, because you're telling Activision that you don't want Spyro. With that, they'll easily drop the character, and continue with Skylanders as they planned to, regardless of if Spyro gets a new game or not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:14 24/03/2011 by CAV
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me