Page 1 of 1
Oooooh! Toys and portals! [CLOSED]
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#1 Posted: 05:14:10 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Hm... Strange. They have spyro toys that you put on this portal thing to interfere with the game and save data and stuff. Sounds cool, but I don't want to spend extra money on toy things D:
---
HOOPLA
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#2 Posted: 05:17:59 11/02/2011
lol ikr why waste money on... TOYS? unless there like cool spyro toys wait spyro looks retarded now nevermind
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#3 Posted: 05:46:49 11/02/2011
I've wanted Spyro toys since the first game came out. This is a win for me, and props to Activision for aiming for a market they know they can hit (kids with parents who will buy them all these toys).

Not so sure about the portal thing, but it sounds interesting. *shrug*
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#4 Posted: 06:20:44 11/02/2011
I don't mind there being spyro toys, I just don't want to have to use a toy in order to play the game instead of a disk
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#5 Posted: 07:08:47 11/02/2011
Oh, there will be a disc for the game, never fear. The way games like this work, from what I understand, is that the toy gives you extra things inside the game. I don't know how they're planning to use this for Skylanders, but you will have a disc and it's possible they won't make you buy any toys to play the basic game.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#6 Posted: 15:17:02 11/02/2011
Requiring them to get everything out of the game? Ick. Toys should be a separate marketing venture.
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#7 Posted: 16:17:48 11/02/2011
I think this is a good idea. I've been wanting to see some more Spyro toys myself, too. And the whole portal thing sounds interesting.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#8 Posted: 16:59:48 11/02/2011
Good idea, shame the only toy I'll use is Spyro D:

Oh, and RIP, Hunter, Cynder and Sparx.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 17:27:29 11/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

We only saw gameplay, WereCat. And some of the characters.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#10 Posted: 17:32:21 11/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Quote: TheWereCat

We only saw gameplay, WereCat. And some of the characters.

Yup, but I'm just using common sense, here; it's unlikely we'll see the older characters.
---
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#11 Posted: 19:50:38 11/02/2011
I don't see any of the old characters fitting in in a world that looks like this, so I'm skeptical about seeing them in this game as well. And I think if they were using them they'd have included them on the trailer or the website as a selling point. But I guess you never know.

I don't care what they say about the toys not being gimmicks; it doesn't seem that way to me. =/ I guess I can't expect to love it since I'm not between the ages of 6 to 12 and haven't played with plastic toys for years. :P
#12 Posted: 19:53:53 11/02/2011
^ That's exactly how I feel about it, sadly.

And I don't see how you could play with them when they're on plastic podiums, but, eh, every kid's gonna want and love one.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#13 Posted: 19:56:56 11/02/2011
I'm not so sure if I'll collect them all like I was going to..... I mean, some of them just look kinda 'blah' to me (Stealth Elf, Chop Chop being two I can see right now).

But ones like Trigger Happy I'll get my grubby little claws on smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#14 Posted: 20:12:41 11/02/2011
Aha, I think I'm in love with Terrafin and Gill... But Spyro will be my number 1 smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#15 Posted: 21:01:40 11/02/2011
Gill Grunt is mine! *fires harpoon*
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#16 Posted: 22:34:48 11/02/2011
Quote: Razz
Oh, there will be a disc for the game, never fear. The way games like this work, from what I understand, is that the toy gives you extra things inside the game. I don't know how they're planning to use this for Skylanders, but you will have a disc and it's possible they won't make you buy any toys to play the basic game.

I KNOW that I will have a disk, I just don't want to buy a bunch of toys separate to play it instead of just having a bunch of characters installed onto the disk itself. It's not that I don't mind the idea of spyro toys, it's that I don't want to have to have a toy required to play the game.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#17 Posted: 22:40:27 11/02/2011
They aren't required. You can go through the game normally as Spyro and then all the others are optional, and come with different powers. It's currently unknown if the extra characters will have extra areas or something, though.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#18 Posted: 22:43:25 11/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
They aren't required. You can go through the game normally as Spyro and then all the others are optional, and come with different powers. It's currently unknown if the extra characters will have extra areas or something, though.

Considering they did not think either a toy line or DLC was enough, it should be taken as a given that Activision will do all in their power to make the others 'must haves' short of preventing you from finishing the main story arc.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me