First | Previous | Page 6 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Skylanders doubts? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#251 Posted: 23:07:51 24/02/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: SpyroFanatic101
You need help

Wow. Just wow. Rather than respond to the PM I sent you, you would instead comment with "you need help". No **** I need help. I'm suffering through a depression and my temper doesn't help. You're damn right I need help. And you can help me out by responding to the PM I sent you.

Wanna talk about it in PM's with me again?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#252 Posted: 01:23:31 25/02/2011
Quote: Razz
*pat pat* Looks like you and I are in the same boat, CAV. Try not to let the little things eat at you, if you can.

At least you're useful in the world, so you have half of a life jacket in the boat, hehe....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:13 25/02/2011 by CAV
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#253 Posted: 01:51:33 25/02/2011
All and all, I find it very childish that the majority of these haters of the new game are acting like immature, whiny spoiled little brats. Honestly why whine and cry about a game that is not even out yet? Like CAV said, refusing to buy the game just because of how Spyro looks is stubborn, shallow not to mention very childish. As for me, I like how the game looks. I like all three versions anyway.

Furthermore, there are so many SkyLander haters on DeviantArt.com it is not even funny. They are acting like babies. They got a game that they wanted and now they spout hatred at it. Gah, it is the Old vs. New flame wars all over again.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#254 Posted: 02:16:44 25/02/2011
^Look at my topic entitled "Breaking the mind of a Classic Loyalist", where I debunk one of those haters on dA.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#255 Posted: 04:22:26 25/02/2011
Well, it seems my prediction is coming true, little by little. Classic v LoS has stalemated and now reformed. The war is now SSA v. anti-SSA

Me? I'm pro-SSA. The babyish anti-SSA are whining over a freaking design, and it peaks me off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:36 25/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#256 Posted: 04:42:41 25/02/2011
Well, now the LoS and Classic fantards now agree on something, even though it's for all the wrong reasons.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#257 Posted: 07:03:07 25/02/2011
I dunno... I've seen one group of classic fans rip SSA a new one and tear into the LoS fans even worse than usual at the same time. This has just become a three-way stupid fight, that's all.
#258 Posted: 14:09:41 25/02/2011
These fanwars are ridiculous, over something so trivial at a video game design? WTH? I have an idea as to who is the pro-SSA Commander and anti-SSA Commander, referring to an imaginary military commonly used in the 400-600 page novels I write in real life.

This is a cruel joke but at this point, I find it making sense.
"Bring in the Panzers!"
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#259 Posted: 15:49:10 25/02/2011
We sure need equivalent of WV?...
---
Keep smile
#260 Posted: 15:54:43 25/02/2011
Quote: Razz
I dunno... I've seen one group of classic fans rip SSA a new one and tear into the LoS fans even worse than usual at the same time. This has just become a three-way stupid fight, that's all.

I don't know why.

For the most part I'm seeing Classic loyalists and LoS fantards agreeing on how "THIS ISN'T OUR SPYRO!" and then lashing out against anyone that dares to look at the game with an open mind. LoS fans continue to whine about how Cynder isn't in the game, but the Classic fans argue for the design, which to me is worse than what LoS fantards are doing.
old Spyro fan Blue Sparx Gems: 557
#261 Posted: 17:24:13 25/02/2011
IGN gave it 7.3 = Good
#262 Posted: 17:25:14 25/02/2011
They gave what a 7.3?
---
#263 Posted: 17:26:07 25/02/2011
7.3 on console and 6.2 on the DS
#264 Posted: 17:26:48 25/02/2011
But what game are you referring to!?smilie
---
#265 Posted: 17:30:31 25/02/2011
so close to relies the "it´s still work in progress" argument rarely stays true but yes, there is still time fore changes to the game.
#266 Posted: 17:35:53 25/02/2011
I am referring to DotD
#267 Posted: 17:39:18 25/02/2011
Oh right, thought so!smilie
---
#268 Posted: 17:51:46 25/02/2011
I can´t believe you said that. Don´t everyone have the right of there own opinion?
#269 Posted: 17:58:42 25/02/2011
And you are better then them by calling them immature on this forum, how?
#270 Posted: 18:01:25 25/02/2011
Sad but true
#271 Posted: 18:06:06 25/02/2011
Quote: old Spyro fan
And you are better then them by calling them immature on this forum, how?

What are you on about?

And quit triple posting.
#272 Posted: 18:52:01 25/02/2011
Ok, how can you guys sit here and say that they are wrong and that you are right? And what gets to me is that most of you don't get it, you don´t understand way people are upset. You just say they are stupid and bring the worst arguments you can find to make them look stupid but there are people whit good reasons out there.

The reason way some are upset is because of the toys, it is not something small to just look passed. Activition are withholding content from us and we most buy them if we want to get the full experience, the game data is already on the disk you just need the toy to tell the game that "It is ok, you can play as me NOW" but the character is already there he/she has always been there. It is like what Bioware did whit Dragon Age where you had the content already on the disk but you had to pay extra for the code to use it, the toys work in the same way. This problem would not exist if you got all of the characters whit the disk, hell more people would buy it and then people would not think about Spyro being tagged on or not.

The game looks like you could remove Spyro and just call it Skylands adventure and no one would be the wiser, it sort of feels like Spyro was just tagged on. Once you buy the game play it whit out using Spyro and then PM me and say "The story is built around Spyro and there are so many tributes to the series". How ever that is not what I think you would say, it might be something like "Yes, whit out Spyro the game just feels like it was made whit out him in mind". But then again a man dying from hunger see everything as food.

The "Classic loyalists" don´t like it because it seems to be a marketing trick from Activision that don´t cares about the fans, Activision is evil. Don´t forget that.

And the LoS "fantards" don´t like it because Activision said that the story after DotD would continue and now they have removed everything they liked and it looks like there will be no more Cynder. Something that have pissed of some people.

Repeating that the game is not done yet doss not work, games take around one to one and a half year to make. What takes time is bug fixes and game balance, and in between that there is marketing and communication between the developer and the publisher.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:16 25/02/2011 by old Spyro fan
#273 Posted: 19:11:31 25/02/2011
We aren't saying we are right. I, for example, am calling out bull**** when I see it. This topic is full of bull****.

Yes, there are people that have good reasons. The price is too much, they don't think the toy idea will work. Do you see us getting on their case? No. Because they gave a valid reason as to why they don't want to get the game. But most people are boycotting the game because of a ****ing design, or because a character isn't in the game.'

And yes, Activision is holding characters from us by making us buy them. All companies do that with DLC packages that add to the game. I don't see anybody taking the piss out of Treyarch for only giving us 2 zombie maps in Black Ops, then making us pay for DLC to get more maps.

Yes Activision is evil. I dispise them and their business tactics. This is the first time I actually say something positive to Activision, since they are paying attention to a franchise other than Call of Duty, and they are trying something new with the toy idea. Making you pay for the figures sucks, but say what you want, it's a good business decision, and a lot of kids are going to buy into it.

It's really shallow to get pissed off because a character isn't in the game anymore. Oh my god, Cynder isn't in the game. Whatever shall I do? Cynder is one of my favorite characters. Am I pissed that she isn't in the game? No. We don't even know if she's completely gone. For all we know, at the end of Spyro's story if he manages to get back to his universe that they'll use the LoS continuity. And for all we know, Cynder could become DLC due to high demand. And LoS was overstaying it's welcome. The LoS fantards apparently can't accept the fact that all things must end. Hell, the advertisements for DotD said that it was the final chapter. And yet the fantards are still surprised that it ended?

We are repeating it because people seem to constantly repeat that "the game sucks because I said so". The game has been in development for 2 years, which probably means that they are actually trying to make a good game, and they had the time to do so, unlike EL with DotD. A lot of people said that DotD looked like crap, but yet they still bought it. Skylanders looks like it can be good, but instead they judge the entire game on a design and move on.

There are people out there that are giving logical reasons to why they don't want the game. I'm not getting on their case. I'm getting on the case of people that whine about the design and automatically deem the game is terrible BECAUSE of said design.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#274 Posted: 19:28:18 25/02/2011
I'd be more impressed with the 2 years of development if it wasnt for the toy thing. I have a feeling that working on that tecnology added quite a bit of extra time instead of working on the game itself.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4173
#275 Posted: 19:38:05 25/02/2011
*Takes popcorns*
#276 Posted: 20:23:43 25/02/2011
The toy is just made from plastic, its chip is in the base and it works like a USB. The portal have a receiver that reads the chip and translates the data in to the game, we have allot of technology that is way more advanced then there toy. And if you think about it you probably have something in your home that works like it.
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#277 Posted: 20:46:31 25/02/2011
Quote: CAV
^Look at my topic entitled "Breaking the mind of a Classic Loyalist", where I debunk one of those haters on dA.

I know, I read it yesterday and to be honest, I found it hilarious where you calmly tried to reason with him; and he wouldn't listen. I've heard about this person on DeviantArt where he harasses anyone who even likes SkyLanders (even a little bit).
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#278 Posted: 20:52:07 25/02/2011
DLC is meant to come after the game and ad content, Fallout 3 is a grate example of this. But many games are starting to lock parts of the game of and demand extra payment for content that is already on the disk and they clam it to be DLC which it is not. And that they might ad Cynder as DLC later is really not appealing to me. This is not okay, they are making us pay for something we already paid for. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a example of bad DLC were some characters like Jill Valentine are on the disk but not finished, instead of patching her they are adding the patch to some DLC (which of what I have heard unlock characters that are on the disk and should work perfectly fine) and they want money fore it.

And if people are angry and giving bad reasons let some time pas and then see what they think, they might like it or they might still dislike it and then they might have a better reason. If not then they are not doing there research and there is little point in arguing whit them if they don´t know what they are talking about.

Being a small time developer Étranges Libellules made a good job whit DotD.

But yes I agree, we have not seen the ending but that is just speculations for now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:51 25/02/2011 by old Spyro fan
#279 Posted: 20:58:25 25/02/2011
Quote: ShadowDragon91
I know, I read it yesterday and to be honest, I found it hilarious where you calmly tried to reason with him; and he wouldn't listen. I've heard about this person on DeviantArt where he harasses anyone who even likes SkyLanders (even a little bit).

On the same picture a person said he liked the design. That guy then replied with "You fail!". What sense does that make?

DLC is meant to come after the game and ad content, Fallout 3 is a grate example of this. But many games are starting to lock parts of the game of and demand extra payment for content that is already on the disk and they clam it to be DLC which it is not. And that they might ad Cynder as DLC later is really not appealing to me. This is not okay, they are making us pay for something we already paid for. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a example of bad DLC were some characters like Jill Valentine are on the disk but not finished, instead of patching her they are adding the patch to some DLC (which of what I have heard unlock characters that are on the disk and should work perfectly fine) and they want money fore it.

And if people are angry and giving bad reasons let some time pas and then see what they think, they might like it or they might still dislike it and then they might have a better reason. If not then they are not doing there research and there is little point in arguing whit them if they don´t know what they are talking about.

Being a small time developer Étranges Libellules made a good job whit DotD.

But yes I agree, we have not seen the ending but that is just speculations for now.

All companies are doing that. It's not like Activision is the very first to do it. It's all an attempt to get more money. And for Skylanders, remember: You only need one toy to complete the game.

I can't stand ignorance. It's a pet peeve of mine. So I try to enlighten and snap people out of it whenever I get the chance to.

Yeah. They are a small developer, and the also had little time to develop the whole game. Even dispite that, the game turned out good, which is why I got to give them credit.
#280 Posted: 21:17:08 25/02/2011
And that is one part of the problem, you only need one character to play the game. And I believe that unless we play whit Spyro we will not even know that it is a Spyro game.

But one thing that would be cool would be if every character had a different ending, it is probably not going to happen and it would only lead to more toys being sold but still it would be okay.
#281 Posted: 21:22:08 25/02/2011
It will probably just be a general ending, like SSBB's Subspace Emissary.
---
#282 Posted: 21:35:16 25/02/2011
I think we found another anti-SSA.

Dam I was right! smilie
#283 Posted: 21:43:40 25/02/2011
I am only supplying information and fact, how you choose to view it is up to you.
#284 Posted: 21:45:50 25/02/2011
Come on now guys, at least pretend to be respectful :[
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#285 Posted: 21:49:05 25/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

Dam I was right! smilie

old spyro fan isn't flaming, just giving valid opinions.
They aren't anti-SSA, they are skeptical about the game, like me.
---
#286 Posted: 21:52:11 25/02/2011
Thank you guys smilie
#287 Posted: 23:11:29 25/02/2011
And that is one part of the problem, you only need one character to play the game. And I believe that unless we play whit Spyro we will not even know that it is a Spyro game.

But one thing that would be cool would be if every character had a different ending, it is probably not going to happen and it would only lead to more toys being sold but still it would be okay.

Yes. That is true. But the starter pack will contain 3 figures, and it's garenteed one of them will by Spyro. Any kid/gamer would obviously want to play as all 3 characters.

Dam I was right! smilie

He isn't an anti-SSA. He's neutral.
#288 Posted: 00:07:00 26/02/2011
I wonder if the figures come 3 in a pack on the handheld versions? Seems like they would have to make the case extra big.
---
#289 Posted: 00:11:41 26/02/2011
I remember old gameboy games, like pokemon blue, red and yellow. They might do something like that fore the DS.
#290 Posted: 00:25:34 26/02/2011
@CAV, I'm not talking about Brawler or old spyro if that is what you thought, I was talking about someone else.
Brawler and old spyro are neutral, I don't blame them for anything.

I was referring to someone on another topic...my hate topic.
Apparently there are people on this site that made a hate topic against me. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:27:12 26/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#291 Posted: 01:08:06 26/02/2011
!...
The trading cards could be like figures for the handheld versions. How could I not notice? smilie
#292 Posted: 01:10:18 26/02/2011
^Here's the link, lol.
Well, not a hate topic per say.
A flame topic actually.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=37264&page=1
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:40 26/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#293 Posted: 01:42:11 26/02/2011
^Topic was reported hours ago.

@CAV, I'm not talking about Brawler or old spyro if that is what you thought, I was talking about someone else.
Brawler and old spyro are neutral, I don't blame them for anything.

Ok then. I thought you were referring to Old Spyro.
#294 Posted: 01:48:52 26/02/2011
Nope.

And I didn't know about the reported topic. One of them posted a link to it in my GB. I deleted the link...stupid mistake on my part...you think I would have learned that from my brief and nasty experience with Observer awhile back.
#295 Posted: 01:49:56 26/02/2011
It wasn't officially reported.

You had an encounter with Observer?
#296 Posted: 01:57:43 26/02/2011
Yes.

I was trying to defend Torok...
Quote:
spyrocynderfan7
Hey Dark, please go easy on Torok. I haven't seen anything bad she's posted.

or something like that.

and Observer decided to screw around with another Christian. He posted something like
Quote:
God is a lie. How can you believe in something that there is no proof exists? Christians are ignorant to believe in a god.

and methinks that was a direct quote.
Like I said, no proof, cause I deleted the comment, so that comment in just some myth.
#297 Posted: 02:07:47 26/02/2011
Well that right there got you into deep water. FW is the only person I can think of that likes Torok. Nobody likes her, especially the atheists. That includes me.
#298 Posted: 02:15:15 26/02/2011
Wow, today I'm just constantly getting myself into deep water aren't I? smilie
I didn't know that Torok was actually posting things offensive, I thought it was just "Revenge of the Atheists"
And CAV, I honestly didn't know you were atheist. At least you don't try to start religious wars, and for that I respect you. smilie

Now, back on topic whaddya say?
#299 Posted: 02:33:49 26/02/2011
Torok was telling people to go to hell and constantly flaming atheists and homosexuals. While FW's posts were more extreme, Torok's were more frequent.

I don't start religious wars. I finish them.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#300 Posted: 02:57:14 26/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Religous wars...i have seen none since ive been here, maybe im blind..
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
First | Previous | Page 6 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me