First | Page 2 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Skylanders doubts? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#51 Posted: 14:11:29 11/02/2011
Will you shut up about the design? I can't believe it. I'm high off of anti-depressants and you guys still managed to piss me off.

The writers know what they are doing, and they'll actually make a great story. You guys complained about plotholes in DotD. There won't be any this time.

The designers used to work in Dreamworks, which made HTTYD, which is a film that is so praised around here. Why complain?

The composer is Hans Zimmer, whom is my favorite composer out there. This is the guy that made music from the freakin Lion King. Modern Warfare 2. Inception. Angels and Demons. The Dark Knight. This guy has won several awards, including 4 Grammys, 2 Golden Globes, and a freakin Oscar. Stop complaining.

And I'm not going to touch on the fact that Spyro was always a kids franchise, since Razzek said everything I could possibly say.

I'm already on-baord, and if they do make an Adventure Pack along with the Starter Pack, I'm set to buy it, even if it's 90 USD (odds are it would be at that price).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:47 11/02/2011 by CAV
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#52 Posted: 14:16:11 11/02/2011
Quote: CAV
Will you shut up about the design? I can't believe it. I'm high off of anti-depressants and you guys still managed to piss me off.

The writers know what they are doing, and they'll actually make a great story. You guys complained about plotholes in DotD. There won't be any this time.

The designers used to work in Dreamworks, which made HTTYD, which is a film that is so praised around here. Why complain?

The composer is Hans Zimmer, whom is my favorite composer out there. This is the guy that made music from the freakin Lion King. Modern Warfare 2. Inception. Angels and Demons. The Dark Knight. This guy has won several awards, including 4 Grammys, 2 Golden Globes, and a freakin Oscar. Stop complaining.

And I'm not going to touch on the fact that Spyro was always a kids franchise, since Razzek said everything I could possibly say.

I'm already on-baord, and if they do make an Adventure Pack along with the Starter Pack, I'm set to buy it, even if it's 90 USD (odds are it would be at that price).

wow really?
He does look kinda like something out of HTTYD tbh :0
#53 Posted: 14:21:09 11/02/2011
Quote: Kimbia28
wow really?
He does look kinda like something out of HTTYD tbh :0

Yes really. The designers are from Dreamworks, whom have worked on several of their films. Odds are HTTYD is one of them.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#54 Posted: 14:27:12 11/02/2011

^This times a million...
BTW, Hans Zimmer also did
Medal of Honor: Frontline (Arnhem Knights theme)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (Methinks)
And I think he even had a part in helping Michael Salvatori and Martin O'Donnell with one of the Halo soundtracks...

All in all
Hans Zimmer = Probably the best modern-day composer.
#55 Posted: 14:53:37 11/02/2011
I still can't believe that these guys got me angry even though I'm on medication. That doesn't ****ing HAPPEN.
#56 Posted: 14:55:41 11/02/2011
I'm supposed to be a pacifist, and I got PO'd really bad.
#57 Posted: 14:57:42 11/02/2011
If anyone wants to continue complaining about the design or the people invovled, I shall refer you to my siggy and avatar.
#58 Posted: 15:01:56 11/02/2011
*whistles*
BeanyBeans Emerald Sparx Gems: 3061
#59 Posted: 15:42:27 11/02/2011
Talk about milking a franchise...
---
My avatar: Halo 5
#60 Posted: 15:55:46 11/02/2011
You want to see a franchise being milked? Look at Call of Duty.
BeanyBeans Emerald Sparx Gems: 3061
#61 Posted: 15:58:57 11/02/2011
You want to see a franchise being milked? Look at Call of Duty.

Of course.
---
My avatar: Halo 5
#62 Posted: 16:00:03 11/02/2011
Spyro isn't really being milked. They are trying something new. I actually praise Activision for doing that, and for actually paying attention to something other than Call of Duty.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#63 Posted: 16:10:28 11/02/2011
I hope the Adventure pack cost 50€ or something =/
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#64 Posted: 16:15:22 11/02/2011
Ach, so a World of Warcraft style thing with toys? And it looks so far like there will be none of the previous characters, aside from Spyro. But the screen writer of Toy Story?! Gah, I don't know what to think!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#65 Posted: 16:24:09 11/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX

Depending on how many figures there are in it (and how much they cost), it could cost a lot more than that.
#66 Posted: 16:46:52 11/02/2011
All I want is a Spyro figurine, not these monsters :/
---
#67 Posted: 16:55:59 11/02/2011
Starter pack says to contain 3 figures. I'm guessing Adventure pack will have 5-8.
#68 Posted: 17:05:49 11/02/2011
...Call me a fantard, but they could've atleast had more dragon figures... It being a Spyro game. Not these dumb monsters. D:<
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#69 Posted: 17:07:07 11/02/2011
For goodness sakes... Isn't a game about GAMEPLAY?? Give it a chance, you may really like it. Haven't you heard not to judge a book by its cover? Well, don't judge a game by its screenshots!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#70 Posted: 17:15:17 11/02/2011
I know, I know, and it looks awesome, it just makes me feel like a little boy collecting Gormiti... And I'm a teenage girl smilie
---
#71 Posted: 17:16:31 11/02/2011
I wasn't directing that at you, it was at all who are already getting so.... well...Whiney about the design.
But i know what you mean. I hope they have female characters.
---
#72 Posted: 17:39:06 11/02/2011
Oh, sorry about that smilie
And, yes, some cool female characters- and not just clones of eachother, if there are multiple girls!
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#73 Posted: 17:42:50 11/02/2011
The monster look like from Lilo&Stitch x)
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#74 Posted: 20:16:45 11/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX

Doesn't look like it. 60 maybe?

Quote: TheWereCat
...Call me a fantard, but they could've atleast had more dragon figures... It being a Spyro game. Not these dumb monsters. D:<

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE! >:

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
For goodness sakes... Isn't a game about GAMEPLAY?? Give it a chance, you may really like it. Haven't you heard not to judge a book by its cover? Well, don't judge a game by its screenshots!

*points at trailer*
#75 Posted: 20:21:56 11/02/2011
I expect the Adventure pack in the US to be just short of $100.
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#76 Posted: 20:24:20 11/02/2011
I think alot of people will not be happy with this. Im one of them -n-
#77 Posted: 20:25:46 11/02/2011
^ Why? Just because his design is different.

Quote: Gwenio
I expect the Adventure pack in the US to be just short of $100.

^this.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#78 Posted: 20:26:05 11/02/2011
I get the feeling the amount of new fans this will draw in for the recommended age group VS the amount of disgruntled old fans will be far outweighed.

Who knows? Maybe if this game sells well enough, we'll be seeing more of Spyro's old friends....
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#79 Posted: 20:27:12 11/02/2011
Its just...not spyro anymore...i cant simplify it anymore.
#80 Posted: 20:30:11 11/02/2011
Ah well, live and let die, eh?
---
#81 Posted: 20:32:12 11/02/2011
Quote: Lila-the-dragon

Because of the design. Let me know when I hit the mark.
#82 Posted: 20:33:21 11/02/2011

Or that the series is about 'Skylanders' and not Spyro, with the exception of this one game.
#83 Posted: 20:33:56 11/02/2011

Or that the series is about 'Skylanders' and not Spyro, with the exception of this one game.

I doubt that's the reason.
#84 Posted: 20:35:21 11/02/2011
I'll give it a fair chance, but one thing I dislike already is the lack of proper names. Don't get me wrong, Terrafin and Gill Grunt are okay, Eruptor is on the fence, but c'mon! Stealth Elf and Chop Chop? They look cool; I liek the designs, but... THE NAMES!
---
#85 Posted: 20:35:35 11/02/2011
Guys, look at him. Yes, it is partly design, but whats this? 8-12? No humor or REAL spyro violence? Yes, i think it is! How can they not of stretched it more from spyro?
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#86 Posted: 20:37:04 11/02/2011

Yeah, and maybe they're using Spyro only to get some attention...
#87 Posted: 20:37:50 11/02/2011
Guys, look at him. Yes, it is partly design, but whats this? 8-12? No humor or REAL spyro violence? Yes, i think it is! How can they not of stretched it more from spyro?

Spyro was aimed at kids in the first place.

No humor? You can tell that from a trailer how exactly?
Violence? Why does everything these days need to be violent anyway?
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#88 Posted: 20:40:00 11/02/2011

The design means nothing. People complained about Spyro's design heading into ANB, and look what happened.

Are you freakin kidding me? That's what the Classics were to begin with. Spyro was always aimed for that age group. It never had real violence. This is exactly how Spyro started. How can that be far from the Spyro we know and love?

Oh, and might I add. Mario doesn't have real violence. And where was Mario Galaxy 2? Oh yeah. Game of the Year nominee, and in my case, Game of the Year.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:57 11/02/2011 by CAV
#89 Posted: 20:40:21 11/02/2011
The violence will be like that of any other Spyro game. You hit the enemies, there's no blood, and when they die, the either sink into the ground or vanish a puff of smoke. EXACTLY like every other Spyro game.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#90 Posted: 20:41:25 11/02/2011
I just noticed that in some parts of the trailer, Spyro is blue...
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#91 Posted: 20:41:51 11/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

Spyro was aimed at kids in the first place.

No humor? You can tell that from a trailer how exactly?
Violence? Why does everything these days need to be violent anyway?

This.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#92 Posted: 20:43:34 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator

This, spyro has had his image changed so much hes just not
spyro through my eyes.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#93 Posted: 20:44:26 11/02/2011
I have a lot of doubts.....this is the first time I have had a pessimistic approach to a game based on a beloved franchise....

NOTE: These are purely MY opinions. I am not trying to start a flame war, nor am I being a Classic Nazi/LoS fanbrat.

To people who are already fans of this game:
It's great that you see awesomeness in the game, but this is obviously a topic for people who are a bit disappointed. Please do not flame the people here.

So, I'll start with gameplay:
...It looks like a watered-down LoS, and like Crash of the Titans, with a teeny bit of Sonic. There was not much platforming shown in the trailer. Apparantly it is going to have RPG elements, so....the game is probably going to be combat-based. I think it will be mostly just linear fighting(I know people thought this way abot LoS, but I thought there was a lot of variety). I also predict the structure of the game will be similar to Sonic and the Secret Rings, or Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days(this is a good thing though, and could save the game for me).

Now the toy concept:
I initially thought this was an awesome idea - being able to save character stats onto a toy and transferring the character between consoles is an awesome idea....but this means nothing if the gameplay isn't up to scratch. Also, it means we will have to spend a lot of money to get the full experience. I also can't shake the feeling that this is Activision's replacement for Guitar Hero, and that they will just milk the crap out of it.
It really just feels like Pokemon, except you have to PAY for the Pokemon...

Now for story:
The basic plot just copies both Smash Bros and Pokemon. Can't say much more though. This doesn't bother me too much...

Now for the Hollywood Talent/other aspects:
Hans Zimmer has composed awesome music, so the soundtrack is in safe hands.
I forgot the name of the artist, but....I never really liked the Shrek character designs....and I'm not fond of the new Spyro design(not to mention the head looks too similar to my own Gnorc redesign for my liking...). It's my least favourite Spyro design, or at least the second least favourite...
The environments look awesome though!:3
As for the Toy Story writers...meh, there could be some nice humour in there, but I doubt there will be anything standout about the writing/story.

In fact, I think the characters(including Spyro) won't talk, and that Tom Bromhead will be a narrator.

----------------------------------

So yeah, that's where I stand right now. I'm on the fence. I porbably won't buy it(at least not on release), but I won't cast it aside either....I'll keep an eye on it. However....

Once this game is finished, I think they should go back to the Classics or TLoS(preferably TLoS), and then release new TOYS for this and update it with DLC, rather than making a ton of games that are basically the exact same idea. It's a nice idea, but they shouldn't milk it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#94 Posted: 20:44:26 11/02/2011
...The only thing I'm worried about is that Spyro loses himself amoungst this all and he isn't his own franchise anymore, but just a character from Skylnaders... :/
---
#95 Posted: 20:45:48 11/02/2011
...Ok, i guess i cant make it anymore obvious...Play every other spyro game. I have, for my whole 12 years of life. Im a child, ok? But even i can see how...just....ugh...this is. You have to BUY TOYS to play this. Its not even centered around spyro. Hes completely different. He looks like a monster, pretty much. From this trailer, it seems sparx, cynder, hunter, elora, and everyone else we loved so much from the regular series, and legend of series, will not return. Seems like you can only breath fire. Its for CHILDREN...from my point of view, the games were always pointed to children, but also motivated towards adults. This seems to lack every bit of this. Spyro's voice will probably be all croaky, if he even speaks. Maybe some growls and a hiss?
What im saying is, this is a HUGE stretch from our old hero. If you just sit down, and soak in the other games, you'll understand me more. And i dont know if you have, but i was BORN when the first spyro came out, and he was my own hero...so...this is just a disgrace to me.
#96 Posted: 20:46:18 11/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
...The only thing I'm worried about is that Spyro loses himself amoungst this all and he isn't his own franchise anymore, but just a character from Skylnaders... :/

That's my only concern. But like I said, I'm hoping that this game will sell well, and we'll see more of Spyro himself. Perhaps with him teaming up with these new characters?
---
#97 Posted: 20:49:05 11/02/2011
Yeah I see where you're coming from with that.
---
#98 Posted: 20:50:29 11/02/2011
...Its 70 US dollars...i wonder how much the toys THEMSELVES cost...
#99 Posted: 20:51:50 11/02/2011
Well, if the toy can remember what you've done in that game..... Probably expensive. But ah well.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#100 Posted: 20:57:20 11/02/2011
The toys are going for $10 or less, apparantly....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
First | Page 2 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me