Page 1 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Skylanders doubts? [CLOSED]
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#1 Posted: 03:51:32 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yes! Just to name a few:

• Character design
  • 6-12 audience references that it will be like no violence and no crude humor smilie
  • interactive toys? i mean c'mon nowy

Maybe im to quick to judge but his looks like a complete off put and a let down. Only time will tell... and activision like thats ever gunna come through.
You got any? post'em here for discussion
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:19:08 18/03/2011 by SpyroFanatic101
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 03:58:19 11/02/2011
What get's me the most is the Hollywood Talent stunt. They did this before, and I wasn't impressed then, and I'm not impressed now smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#3 Posted: 04:00:40 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yea if they think a few names are going to win us over they gotta another thing coming
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:59 11/02/2011 by SpyroFanatic101
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#4 Posted: 04:07:25 11/02/2011
Oh, come on you guys! *facepalm*

There's a different between Hollywood talent (actors) and Hollywood talent (screenwriters, composers, the people who actually do the work). The listed character designer, screen writers, and composer all have resumes proving that their work is good stuff:

character designer: worked for Dreamworks on several well-received films

writers: worked on at least one of the most iconic animated films ever made

composer: Hans. Freaking. Zimmer! No, really. Go look him up. You've seen movies he's composed for and you loved at least one of them no matter who you are (unless you just haven't seen any films at all for the past 20 years)

We have a single screenshot and some very preliminary information. That's not enough to make a judgment call on the entire project.

As for the age thing, Spyro is and has always been a kids' franchise. One of the biggest critical complaints about LoS was that it didn't know what demographic it was aiming for and wound up being too complex and dark for young kids and uninteresting for teens and adults. The sales figures back this up, too. Of the entire Spyro franchise, minus the handheld games, the only two that didn't make it onto the "greatest hits" collection were TEN and DotD. If there's one thing Activision knows, it's money. Dark and epic didn't sell, so they're going back to the franchise's roots and trying some new things to see if that will work. Will it? We'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I'm already on board with this. I might not pay $70 for a starter pack, but I applaud Activision for being innovative and trying something new for a change.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#5 Posted: 04:09:44 11/02/2011
^Agreed. People being negative about this already just astound me. This is the way Spyro should be.
#6 Posted: 04:10:10 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
one thing i hate is being facepalmed. For a change? LOS was a new series too how do you change when you repeat your mistake! and zimmer music may be good gameplay might suck and dont forget its not going to be real DOTD music its going to be kid music.
---
darkdragon50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2167
#7 Posted: 04:11:16 11/02/2011
Quote: Razz

There's a different between Hollywood talent (actors) and Hollywood talent (screenwriters, composers, the people who actually do the work). The listed character designer, screen writers, and composer all have resumes proving that their work is good stuff:

composer: Hans. Freaking. Zimmer! No, really. Go look him up. You've seen movies he's composed for and you loved at least one of them no matter who you are (unless you just haven't seen any films at all for the past 20 years)

We have a single screenshot and some very preliminary information. That's not enough to make a judgment call on the entire project.

As for the age thing, Spyro is and has always been a kids' franchise. One of the biggest critical complaints about LoS was that it didn't know what demographic it was aiming for and wound up being too complex and dark for young kids and uninteresting for teens and adults. The sales figures back this up, too. Of the entire Spyro franchise, minus the handheld games, the only two that didn't make it onto the "greatest hits" collection were TEN and DotD. If there's one thing Activision knows, it's money. Dark and epic didn't sell, so they're going back to the franchise's roots and trying some new things to see if that will work. Will it? We'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I'm already on board with this. I might not pay $70 for a starter pack, but I applaud Activision for being innovative and trying something new for a change.

Hm... You have a point. Maybe this game won't be so bad.
---
R E V A L I ' S G A L E I S N O W R E A D Y
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#8 Posted: 04:12:17 11/02/2011

^This times infinity. smilie
Hans Zimmer is cool...
The Lion King
MoH: Frontline
CoD: MW2
Halo
Titanic
MoH: Rising Sun...
#9 Posted: 04:14:04 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

^This times infinity. smilie
Hans Zimmer is cool...
The Lion King
MoH: Frontline
CoD: MW2
Halo
Titanic
MoH: Rising Sun...

Its music! not anything to do with the game and he wont be making good music but little baby music.
---
#10 Posted: 04:17:23 11/02/2011
SpyroFanatic101, you don't know that. Is the music from "The Lion King" (the instrumental music, not the songs with words) baby music? Is this? How about the music in the first three Spyro games (which were aimed at an under-13 demographic just like Skylanders)? Don't judge something without knowing anything about it.

I'd like to take the time to point out that this is the exact reaction we got the minute ANB was announced, when TEN was announced, and when DotD was announced. And you guys loooooved those games when they came out, did a complete 180 after spending months complaining. I would bet money (if I had any) that the exact same thing is going to happen here.

Do I have high expectations for this? Only in the music department (Hans. Freaking. Zimmer!). I doubt I'll buy it before seeing some reviews (unless they bring Elora back, but she's my one weakness smilie). I don't think this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum because it's not Insomniac/Classic/LoS.

tl;dr: You've seen a screenshot and a few sentences of new information. Stop wailing that it's ruined your life when you don't even know entirely what it is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:10 11/02/2011 by Razz
#11 Posted: 04:17:53 11/02/2011
WHHhHhHhattttttttt!?!?

Oh like lion king wasnt good music?

smilie
You guys have only known about this game for an hour and already you are starting another freaking FaN WaR!!!!!! Give the game a chance people! We know ittle to nought of tgis, and I am sickened by the fact that we already have a fan war because SOME people would rather judge a game then give it a chance!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:20:51 11/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#12 Posted: 04:20:07 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I'd like to take the time to point out that this is the exact reaction we got the minute ANB was announced, when TEN was announced, and when DotD was announced. And you guys loooooved those games when they came out, did a complete 180 after spending months complaining. I would bet money (if I had any) that the exact same thing is going to happen here.

Do I have high expectations for this? Only in the music department (Hans. Freaking. Zimmer!). I doubt I'll buy it before seeing some reviews (unless they bring Elora back, but she's my one weakness smilie). I don't think this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum because it's not Insomniac/Classic/LoS.

tl;dr: You've seen a screenshot and a few sentences of new information. Stop wailing that it's ruined your life when you don't even know entirely what it is.

where the hell did you get half the judgements of us in there?
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#13 Posted: 04:22:07 11/02/2011
I'm not gonna do any major judging until I see TWO things:

A: A trailer

B: What the cast that the playable characters are gonna be.

It doesn't really matter what the characters look like, or the age group, it's if the game is FUN(and I know for a FACT that games can be fun without "violence" and/or "crude humor").

So far, MY only little put off is the NUMER of toys there is gonna be, I'd worry about them cluttering up the house or getting lost, and also worried about what they'd be priced as individually ( I have a feeling Ebay's gonna be my best friend for this game at the end of the day.)
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#14 Posted: 04:24:12 11/02/2011
Who said I was judging you? I was here when TEN and DotD were coming out and half the topics were "B'aww! This is going to suck because it's not the other game!". The day the game came out, the same people who were screaming about how terrible the game was were back raving about how wonderful it was. The point I'm making here is that you guys are jumping to conclusions and you are likely going to change your tune the minute you have actual experience with the thing. Judging something you've never even seen is generally a foolish thing to do.

SpyroFanatic101, you don't know that the music is going to be "baby music". Is the music from "The Lion King" (the instrumental music, not the songs with words) baby music? Is this? How about the music in the first three Spyro games (which were aimed at an under-13 demographic just like Skylanders)? Don't judge something without knowing anything about it.
#15 Posted: 04:24:37 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Also the baby approach to the game has trolled my bridges.
---
#16 Posted: 04:25:18 11/02/2011
WHHhHhHhattttttttt!?!?

smilie
You guys have only known about this game for an hour and already you are starting another freaking FaN WaR!!!!!! Give the game a chance people! We know ittle to nought of tgis, and I am sickened by the fact that we already have a fan war because SOME people would rather judge a game then give it a chance!

People have already taking a game that I was actually looking forward to and bashed it into a bloody mess.
Why can't we all just give up on this FREAKING FAN WAR and give the game sometime to explain itself. But NO, oh NO! We can't do that because the graphics are poor, the "hollywood" thing isn't good. Are you so blind that you people must concentrate on the negatives without giving the game a chance to show how good it can really be? Are we such animals that we have to start fights over a game THAT'S NOT EVEN ON THE MARKET YET?
#17 Posted: 04:26:04 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
the lion king was epic though. it needed the epic orchestral attack, this game does not
---
#18 Posted: 04:27:41 11/02/2011
THIS! ^ (Also, read it with the music playing I linked to above; it's epic. smilie)

But, yes, spyrocynderfan7. I'm pretty down on parts of this franchise and I've started fights before (meaning and unmeaning alike), but even I think this is ridiculous. No wonder this fandom has become the laughing stock of the Internet.
#19 Posted: 04:28:33 11/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101
the lion king was epic though. it needed the epic orchestral attack, this game does not

Why are you so negative on a game that hasn't been released yet? No wonder Acti kept this quiet. They knew this CRAP would happen!
Smirf991 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#20 Posted: 04:29:03 11/02/2011
guys come on, its a kids game. if it sux than a new breed of fans will form. if is great another generation of the current fans will arize.
Figure that
#21 Posted: 04:30:19 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: SpyroFanatic101

Why are you so negative on a game that hasn't been released yet? No wonder Acti kept this quiet. They knew this CRAP would happen!

Damn right they should have kept there mouths shut!
---
#22 Posted: 04:31:14 11/02/2011
I'm to PO'd to care at the moment. ****** fan wars put me in a sour mood. smilie
#23 Posted: 04:33:45 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
im just on the downside so when it does come out and suck ill be prepared. If it does turn out good i will buy and play.
---
#24 Posted: 04:34:24 11/02/2011
Keep in mind, me being pessimistic about anything video game related is something that I'm known to do. I don't scorn creativity or innovation, just how it is done. I'm not going to go around bashing the pic just because Spyro looks like some gremlin troll dragon hybrid, I can care less what Spyro looks like. However looks do not define a character. . . until more information is revealed I'm going to assume the worst, and think that this "Spyro" is Gary from LOS.

As for the Toy gimmick. . . I'll admit I'm a little bemused at the functionality of it. If this toy is the only way to play the game then I can already see problems on the horizon. If the toy breaks, gets lost, or stolen then you'll have to buy a new one, for a reasonable price I'm sure, but loose the data that you've worked on it for so X amount of days/weeks/months/years. If the toy is just a collectors item, then I'll pass on that deal and just play the game.

Music, again I can care less with the current information given. Han Zimmer is indeed very skillful, yes, but so was a not so well know composer Steve Copland smilie . . . All I'm saying is that hiring Hollywood talent doesn't make it a grand seller right off the bat. Out of anything I expect more from Hollywood Talent then just your run of the mill video game music composer. This goes the same for writers.

True-true, video games have been shadowing Hollywood for quite some time, and it isn't truly a surprise to see this coming. . . but as I've said, it doesn't mean that we'll get the same quality of what we see on the big screen when we are holding a controller and have UI on the screen.
---
My Gallery
#25 Posted: 04:34:45 11/02/2011
I'm with you spyrocynderfan7. Is there such a thing as a forum without fantards? I'd like to join one at this point. Meh. If anyone wants to just be excited about the game itself, feel free to PM me or stop by my gallery. Let the haters enjoy their dismal, bleak future where every game is garbage if that's what they want.
#26 Posted: 04:36:36 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
i dont im good i will wait. i can predict half of you that get it are going to HATE it.
---
#27 Posted: 04:38:02 11/02/2011
I'm with you spyrocynderfan7. Is there such a thing as a forum without fantards? I'd like to join one at this point. Meh. If anyone wants to just be excited about the game itself, feel free to PM me or stop by my gallery. Let the haters enjoy their dismal, bleak future where every game is garbage if that's what they want.

whats with you ads for your galeries. i can get the "struggling artest" but adds to this group?
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#28 Posted: 04:38:36 11/02/2011
I'm going to wait before making a REAL opinion, but it's looking sucky so far...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#29 Posted: 04:42:05 11/02/2011

^ I agree... smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#30 Posted: 04:43:20 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator

Haters gunna hate
---
#31 Posted: 04:44:33 11/02/2011
hey its life
(see signature)

People are people
#32 Posted: 04:45:43 11/02/2011
I'm not gonna hate the game, because anything spyro makes me happy...that is how TRUE Spyro fans, true ANY fans are, they love a game, without caring about the little negAtivies. Its just sad that there are so little diehard anything fans anymore.
#33 Posted: 04:46:47 11/02/2011
ok, i could agree, but I have to ask

What world do you live on,
can I come
#34 Posted: 04:46:59 11/02/2011
Jeeze, Smirf991, I know you don't like me (apparently) but chill out. My gallery is where I talk to people. If I was advertising you'd see a price list and a link to my policies information. I know you kids don't have money; I'm on these forums to talk about a dinky purple dragon video game that I like.
#35 Posted: 04:47:32 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm not gonna hate the game, because anything spyro makes me happy...that is how TRUE Spyro fans, true ANY fans are, they love a game, without caring about the little negAtivies. Its just sad that there are so little diehard anything fans anymore.

When i look at that gremlin, i dont see spyro therefore i cant have those feelings. i see some purple mutant.
---
#36 Posted: 04:48:45 11/02/2011

I feel the same way...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#37 Posted: 04:51:44 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator

no little die hard fan goes out of their way to make an account here!
---
#38 Posted: 04:57:34 11/02/2011

Please. . . Please. . . Please don't start this TRUE SPYRO FAN crap, there is no such thing, its a myth. I'm not saying that to be rude, but in all honestly there is no such thing. It is a self-appointed title.

Let people have their opinions and let it be.
---
My Gallery
#39 Posted: 04:58:58 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zackeio

Please. . . Please. . . Please don't start this TRUE SPYRO FAN crap, there is no such thing, its a myth. I'm not saying that to be rude, but in all honestly there is no such thing. It is a self-appointed title.

Let people have their opinions and let it be.

Thus statement
---
#40 Posted: 04:59:22 11/02/2011
So what you are implying is that there is no such thing as a diehatd Spyro fan? Who loves Spyro for being spyro?

By diehard anything I meant speaking in general terms.
I do not appreciate being taken out of context in an attempt to make me look like the enemy. I love Spyro for being Spyro. I play his games just because I think that he is the coolest dragon in the world.

Now tell me, where do you stand?

Diehard Spyro fan who loves Spyro for what he is
Spyro fan who only likes the games for content
Or someone looking to start a fight/ruin others for liking something passionately?
#41 Posted: 05:02:02 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Or someone who appreciates games but have the golf balls to object something he doesnt like.
---
#42 Posted: 05:05:30 11/02/2011
I like Spyro cause he's cool. Yes the games are fun, but I think dragons are cool. And I'm not setting myself as the "number one" fan deal either. There are things I like and dislike, and I'm sure their are greater fans than me.

What you don't seem to understand is that there are some people who like Spyro because the little purple dragon is cooler n' hell.
#43 Posted: 05:06:29 11/02/2011
SpyroFanatic, why are you trying so hard to make us feel discouraged by your constant dramatic complaints? Most of us excited about this game, don't ruin this for us by constantly complaining about Spyro's design like a drama queen. We know you hate the new Spyro design now, no need to repeat yourself...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:08:18 11/02/2011 by Aura24
#44 Posted: 05:08:42 11/02/2011
Talking, talking. Spinning a web of words, pale walls of dreams, between myself and all I see.

Hey, What we say now will not affect the game but how we go into the game thinking. If we think if is crap now, it Will be crap to us if we play it.
On the other hand, if he go in to it thinking it will be amazing we have the chance of being let down.
Just go into it as if you knew nothing about spyro, Then you will come out happy.
#45 Posted: 05:09:13 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
lmao i thought i was conversing with these fellower Spyro fans but apparently im being a drama queen smilie how ironic
---
#46 Posted: 05:10:30 11/02/2011
Quote: Smirf991
Talking, talking. Spinning a web of words, pale walls of dreams, between myself and all I see.

Hey, What we say now will not affect the game but how we go into the game thinking. If we think if is crap now, it Will be crap to us if we play it.
On the other hand, if he go in to it thinking it will be amazing we have the chance of being let down.
Just go into it as if you knew nothing about spyro, Then you will come out happy.

^This
#47 Posted: 05:12:22 11/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Smirf991

You are one wise person man lol
---
#48 Posted: 05:30:25 11/02/2011
So what you are implying is that there is no such thing as a diehatd Spyro fan? Who loves Spyro for being spyro?

By diehard anything I meant speaking in general terms.
I do not appreciate being taken out of context in an attempt to make me look like the enemy. I love Spyro for being Spyro. I play his games just because I think that he is the coolest dragon in the world.

Now tell me, where do you stand?

Diehard Spyro fan who loves Spyro for what he is
Spyro fan who only likes the games for content
Or someone looking to start a fight/ruin others for liking something passionately?

*sigh smilie *
Die-hard: strongly or fanatically determined or devoted <die–hard fans>; especially : strongly resisting change <a die–hard conservative>

General (noun):
1 : something (as a concept, principle, or statement) that involves or is applicable to the whole

2 : superior general

3 archaic : the general public : people

4 a : general officer
b : a commissioned officer in the army, air force, or marine corps who ranks above a lieutenant general and whose insignia is four stars — compare admiral

So with these definitions and going by what you said, and want I previously said. . . let me ask you this: Where do you get the authority the very thought, to say what a True Spyro Fan is and what isn't ?
No one is the same, no one will agree with what you, what I, what anyone else says on this board 100% of the time. Because of that, there is no such thing as a True Spyro fan because a Spyro fan takes up that slot already. Saying "That's what a TRUE Spyro fan would do" is quite frankly an elitist stand point.

I did not say what I said, to cause an argument as it seems you are willing to judge me for smilie, and or label me off the bat just because I'm saying what I feel under the given circumstances? If that's how you truly feel, be that way, I can care less what accusations you can come up for me.

If you want the truth fine, out of your list, I'm neither of them. Why? Because you cannot label me, I'm not part of some social order, I'm not part of your or anyone's superficial mundane political correct crap that comes across my way. I joined this forum because of the different opinions from other Spyro fans. If this was all just one big bubble of the same mind set with everyone agreeing with each and rainbows and butterflies I wouldn't be here. Let alone be on this board.

If you want to label me as a troll, be my guest.
---
My Gallery
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#49 Posted: 06:02:10 11/02/2011
WHHhHhHhattttttttt!?!?

>:(

I agree with this. The game looks like it's going to be good, and I'm glad that it's another reboot, even though I would have liked the Originals to come back. The only complaint I have is Spyro's design. I'm glad about everything else, especially the 6-12 rating, that's how Spyro games should be.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#50 Posted: 14:03:08 11/02/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
WHHhHhHhattttttttt!?!?

smilie

I agree with this. The game looks like it's going to be good, and I'm glad that it's another reboot, even though I would have liked the Originals to come back. The only complaint I have is Spyro's design. I'm glad about everything else, especially the 6-12 rating, that's how Spyro games should be.

“Agreed. Even with his new design, its like DotD, people will get used to it.
Page 1 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me