First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
New Spyro toy/design [CLOSED]
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#51 Posted: 23:47:32 10/02/2011
If I'm honest, I don't really think Razz was being insulting.... A lot of stuff on these boards are kinda 'Off-topic' and all.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#52 Posted: 23:48:21 10/02/2011
Oh boy...
I'm staying out of this.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#53 Posted: 23:48:23 10/02/2011
Again, YOU should talk. And a sarcastic apology is not an apology.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#54 Posted: 23:49:28 10/02/2011
Oh boy...
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#55 Posted: 23:49:51 10/02/2011
I'm sorry, SpyroLUVA, okay? Let it go, please..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:17 10/02/2011 by Aura24
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#56 Posted: 23:50:12 10/02/2011
Why don't you let what Razz said go?
Ah screw these fights, I'm done...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:28 10/02/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#57 Posted: 23:50:34 10/02/2011
@XSparxX my reaction too amigo.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:41 10/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#58 Posted: 23:54:11 10/02/2011
spyrocynderfan7 Girls have problems...xDDD

Please stop arguing on you....u.u
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#59 Posted: 00:04:35 11/02/2011
What I posted was not meant to be an insult. I was just stating what I feel to be true of that thread and venting my frustrations as someone who was legitimately looking for news but who can't find any because the only thread said news exists in is cluttered eye-deep in fan speculation and off-topic conversations. I'm sorry if you guys took that to heart because it certainly wasn't meant that way.

I really don't understand why we aren't allowed to have fun in this fandom anymore, I really don't. I left these boards because every single thread, for one reason or another, devolves into a pointless fight. It's a game, you guys! Who cares if someone doesn't share you opinions to the letter on pairings or gameplay? Let them have their peace and remember that we all at least have the enjoyment of some part of this franchise in common.
#60 Posted: 00:06:27 11/02/2011
*ahem*
*nudges and redirects Razz to the "awkward silence" game*
#61 Posted: 00:12:57 11/02/2011
*Give all cookies*
---
#62 Posted: 00:13:39 11/02/2011
Quote: Razz
What I posted was not meant to be an insult. I was just stating what I feel to be true of that thread and venting my frustrations as someone who was legitimately looking for news but who can't find any because the only thread said news exists in is cluttered eye-deep in fan speculation and off-topic conversations. I'm sorry if you guys took that to heart because it certainly wasn't meant that way.

I really don't understand why we aren't allowed to have fun in this fandom anymore, I really don't. I left these boards because every single thread, for one reason or another, devolves into a pointless fight. It's a game, you guys! Who cares if someone doesn't share you opinions to the letter on pairings or gameplay? Let them have their peace and remember that we all at least have the enjoyment of some part of this franchise in common.

Me and Darby were the ones who misunderstood your statements, Razz. I'm sorry..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:59 11/02/2011 by Aura24
#63 Posted: 00:15:17 11/02/2011
Funfun is awkward silence.
#64 Posted: 00:15:31 11/02/2011
I'm not sure what you're getting at, spyrocynderfan7. I didn't come to this thread to bash anyone and what happened as a result of my comment is exactly what I'm talking about in my post above yours.

Edit: Wait, I think I get it now! Didn't see Aura's post until just now.

Thank you very much Aura. I am sorry if I've caused trouble; it certainly wasn't my intent.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:59 11/02/2011 by Razz
#65 Posted: 00:18:03 11/02/2011
Just easing tension.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#66 Posted: 00:18:42 11/02/2011
I didn't see what Razz said as insulting, and I am the one who goes off-topic a lot.....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#67 Posted: 00:20:39 11/02/2011
Thak you DeathStar for actually reading what I wrote instead of flying to wild conclusions based solely on my user name.

Aura24, I used to respect you, but I've watched your integrity disintegrate over the years because of your involvement in this fandom. You're taking this way too seriously and you treat people like garbage because they aren't taking a game franchise seriously enough for you or happen to disagree with you. I remember a time when I could respect what you had to say, but that was a long time ago and you've become the embodiment of everything wrong with one side of this fandom.

Darby, I don't even know what happened to you. I think you were a nice person at some point in the past, but I seriously can't remember when.

And, thanks, guys. Now I know what you've all been saying more or less behind my back. In future, why not grow some stones and take up the problems you have with me with me instead of whining about it on a forum.

I honestly have no idea where that's coming from. What you said insulted me, and apparently I don't have the right to react without you telling me I'm not a nice person anymore. I don't know what you're judging me off of, after supposedly leaving the Spyro fandom. You left, we carried on like usual, and the past two times you've come back you've only had negative things to say. I'm the same person I always have been, and it's not fair for you to judge me off of this situation..? I honestly do not see where that all is coming from. I've done nothing to you... and out of nowhere you tell me this when you barely know me whatsoever, at all.

And by saying that, I don't want to start anything further, but I want you to see how I'm seeing this. I had a lot of respect for you, and I looked up to you, but I don't see what your problem with me is? :/

And I read your comment again that started this. I did take it the wrong way, and I'm sorry. What I thought you were getting at was that that topic is just filled with obsessed fans who have nothing better to do with their lives. But just because I was wrong about that (which i apologize for) doesn't mean you have any right to call me a mean person (the part I highlighted)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:29:24 11/02/2011 by Darby
#68 Posted: 00:20:43 11/02/2011
Hey Brawler? What happens when your locked in a huge Mall for a week? Alone. With everything unlocked.
#69 Posted: 00:23:38 11/02/2011
Why is the SK thread closed?
---
#70 Posted: 00:25:08 11/02/2011
Exactly! smilie
#71 Posted: 00:26:38 11/02/2011
It's over the comment limit. Dark52's new forum update.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#72 Posted: 00:27:01 11/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Hey Brawler? What happens when your locked in a huge Mall for a week? Alone. With everything unlocked.
.....Deadrising is what happens! smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#73 Posted: 00:27:13 11/02/2011
How many comments are we limited to?
#74 Posted: 00:28:42 11/02/2011
I dunno, Darby. Seeing this...

Quote: Darby
Thank you Razz, we really appreciate you coming back to this site just to take the time out of your day to insult us.

...when I just came in to say something that was not meant as an insult of any kind at all bothers me. Thank you for judging me based on an interpretation of words on a screen, then going on to have a small conversation right after that that is nothing but bad-mouthing me, not to my face, but to someone else entirely. And thank you for not bothering to read anything I've written since then in which I am attempting to make amends.

In regards to that other time I came back here to post something you claim to be negative: it was a joke. If you took that this seriously, I really recommend stepping back and examining your involvement in this fandom because you may be in a bit too deep.
#75 Posted: 00:29:10 11/02/2011
I have created a new thread =/ xDD
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#76 Posted: 00:30:44 11/02/2011
Oh boy well reading from the arguements i seen before and well, im glad its all put behind us now. I honestly am very frustrated that spyro has done a 180 since his reveal, but hey what say do any of us really have unless we dont buy the games but even then they might even just cancel the game, so anyways lets move on and keep the peace, I'd really hate for this forum to turn into the spyro forums. So anyways glad we can apologize to one another and leave it at that.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#77 Posted: 00:31:51 11/02/2011
Please, let's not start again. Fighting will only hog comments and cause this go the way of the other topic.

@Bralwer, this is what happens.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...c=36350&page=25
#78 Posted: 00:40:11 11/02/2011
I dunno, Darby. Seeing this...

Quote: Darby
Thank you Razz, we really appreciate you coming back to this site just to take the time out of your day to insult us.

...when I just came in to say something that was not meant as an insult of any kind at all bothers me. Thank you for judging me based on an interpretation of words on a screen, then going on to have a small conversation right after that that is nothing but bad-mouthing me, not to my face, but to someone else entirely. And thank you for not bothering to read anything I've written since then in which I am attempting to make amends.

In regards to that other time I came back here to post something you claim to be negative: it was a joke. If you took that this seriously, I really recommend stepping back and examining your involvement in this fandom because you may be in a bit too deep.

Read my updated comment. I misread that comment, which is what set me off into a little bratty reply. I'm sorry. it was my mistake. Misreading things always ends up in situations like this.. :/
And after that, I wasn't bad-mouthing you Razz. I just went on to say I thought what you said was very uncalled for, I wasn't bad-mouthing you. I was calling it 'extremely uncalled for', that's what I had said. And that 'there was no excuse'. Saying that was a mistake, I know, because I completely misread your comment and thought you meant something else. (read my last comment I added to)
And what are you talking about, that other time? The time you called us 'jerks' for trying to reason with a troll? I apologize, i simply didn't see that as a joke, and I don't take what i see as insults well IRL or over the internet. Also, it's hard for me to tell whether someone's using sarcasm or not over the internet, as it is for anyone else. :/ I had no idea that was a joke. I did take it seriously, yes, and i would have taken a similar comment just as seriously whether it had to do with Spyro or not. That has nothing to do with how involved I am in the Spyro fandom.
From your reasons you posted for thinking I'm a bad person, I think it's very unfair that you judge me off of that. Those were just two misunderstandings, and I hope you realize that. I overreacted when I misread your first comment, and from there, you pinning me as a bad person got me a bit angry because you've only judged me off of these two things, when you do not know me. I don't want this whole thing to influence the way you see me, but apparently it did and I still think that's unfair.
And i know I made a mistake and completely misenterpreted your comment, that's why I was acting like a little brat.
I hope you see where I'm coming from. I'm not a bad person. And I know you're not either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:10 11/02/2011 by Darby
#79 Posted: 00:55:52 11/02/2011
Firstly, it looks like there was a gigantic chunk of miscommunication on both ends for both of us. I really don't know you well enough to make judgment calls on your character and I apologize for doing that. I was speaking with my anger and not my brain, which doesn't excuse my behavior and I am sorry.

In regards to the "calling you jerks" thing: I just explained this to Aura in a PM, but that's not what I meant in that post at all and I wasn't making a joke at that time. At the time, what I saw was a person having some unconventional problems and everyone increasingly bad mouthing that person because their solutions weren't working for him. I wasn't speaking to either you or Aura directly, just making a general statement about the behavior I saw in that thread (which honestly looked like a bunch of people ganging up on someone who was legitimately asking for help). I wasn't aware that the user was a troll (especially given that the definition of troll on this forum seems to be "anyone who doesn't agree with (insert commenter's name here)"). That was also me being light-hearted. "Jerk" was never an insult to someone who grew up in the 80's/90's like I did.

I wasn't aware that thread was the one you took to be the joke. The last time I was here, I posted a demotivational poster about Cynder. That was the joke in question and I thought that's what you were upset about.

I think we both goofed on this one. For the record, I really don't think of you as a bad person. The fact that you've been willing to try and sort this out in the face someone (me) who can be incredibly irrational shows that you've got a lot of sense and you'd rather be friendly than mean. I react to this sort of thing similarly, only not half so logically, so I am very glad you've taken some time out of your day to talk to me and bridge this gap between us. And, again, I'm sorry for lashing out at you like that.
#80 Posted: 01:00:01 11/02/2011
Yay, everybody is at peace again. smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#81 Posted: 01:09:26 11/02/2011
Well, if that toy turns out to be Spyro, I guess we're looking at something like this?

[User Posted Image]
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#82 Posted: 01:10:26 11/02/2011
scary....
---
#83 Posted: 01:10:52 11/02/2011
Oh please god no.
#84 Posted: 01:11:28 11/02/2011
I did the same thing, which i tend to do when I misunderstand someone or get angry at what someone said. I did both, and that was a mistake. I'm sorry.

In that thread, I started out very friendly towards that guy, I think. Tbh, when I discovered the topic I went to his Guestbook and left him a greeting and told him if he had any questions, I'd try to help him. So I never intended to be a jerk from the start. After a while though, it struck me that everyone was saying the same exact thing to him and he wasn't being reasonable, so I got annoyed. I started to think he was a troll trying to make fools out of us, and later he was Ripto'd, so I'm still convinced that was his intent.

And the Cynder thing? Nahh, that's your opinion. I would never hate you or be angry at you for disliking that character. To be honest, I don't think I made a comment on that picture when you posted it.. So I had no problem with you there.

And I'm glad that it's worked out, rather than it being left unsettled. I honestly hate to argue, and I tend to not leave a situation alone until I know the person's not upset with me. So I'm glad you're not angry, and you understand where I was coming from even if I was wrong. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#85 Posted: 01:11:52 11/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I didn't see what Razz said as insulting, and I am the one who goes off-topic a lot.....

I did to an extent, but at the same time she has a point. We went off topic far too many times in the old topic, but at the same time all the topics we had don't really deserve their own topics......meh.

But then again, this is going off topic in on itself.
#86 Posted: 01:30:00 11/02/2011
CAV: With the off-topic stuff, there's a spam, idle chatter, and off-topic board just for that stuff. It gets frustrating to come here to talk about Spyro and see nothing but non-Spyro talk in every board that's supposed to be dedicated to the subject. These forums were formerly really good about staying on-topic; I'm not sure what happened.

Darby: Yeah, with that one thread I don't think it was you specifically I was calling a jerk. I'd have to look (my brain says the user icon of the one that sparked it was blue on black, but that doesn't mean much smilie), but I think it was the smaller posts where people were just railing on the guy. In the end, it sounds like he was just fail-trolling, but I didn't know that until...today! smilie

I think just that Cynder misunderstanding alone may have been part of my problem earler. I hate to say it, but I've had so many bad experiences with Cynder fans (not just here, but across the 'net) that I still have a strong knee-jerk reaction to positive discussions about her. You probably didn't say a word in that thread, but a few people got cranky about it which bugged me. (It's irrational, I know, and I'm doing what I can to work through it, but I still encounter bad Cynder fans to this day, so it's not the easiest thing to get over, especially when you were one of the original Cyndorks like I was. smilie)

Yaaay! I'm glad we could work all this out, too. I don't like being mad at people (even if it does seem to happen a lot), so I'm very happy we've resolved this.
#87 Posted: 01:44:29 11/02/2011
@Razz Yeah, but things happen and people trail off. Say what you want, but it's rather difficult to stay on topic about a new game when you know just about nothing.

We have those subforums, but like I said. Several topics that are in there aren't in need of it's very own topic. That statement sums up about 70% of all of the topics in "Stuff and Nonsense".
#88 Posted: 01:46:41 11/02/2011
Dang it dang it dang it.
I typed a really long reply, copied it, then went to find that topic. I wasn't thinking straight and copied that link so my huge reply is gone. I guess I'll have to rewrite it. >>
But for now, here's that topic. Looking back at it makes me giggle, but that's just what happened. And i don't know why I got so offended over that.. I guess now that it's all better, it doesn't matter.

I'll try to retype my reply..

*edit*

Oi. Didn't even post the link that made me lose my typing. Here it is smilie
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=36064
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:49 11/02/2011 by Darby
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#89 Posted: 01:49:12 11/02/2011
I'm glad this turned out well as well. It gets so confusing when people I respect start fighting smilie

As for the model, personally I like it. I think it looks neat. And letting out my inner five-year-old, OMG TOYS! I want Spyro toys! I had a Spyro plush back in the day. Even though no news is good news, I like this news as well.
#90 Posted: 01:51:14 11/02/2011
CAV: Honestly, I'd rather see a million Sonic topics in the spam board then just one derailed topic in any of the Spyro sections. It's not just about the new game where we get derailed, it's almost every single topic. If no one has anything to say about Spyro at all that day, there's really no need in posting something random just to bump the thread. It makes a lot of otherwise interesting topics look about as enjoyable as reading trollspeak on 4chan and denies other users the opportunity to talk about the original post material.

(Yes, I'm aware that this thread completely derailed, but we are at least still talking about Spyro and Spyro fandom in here. smilie)

Darby: Nooooo! D: I hate it when that happens!
#91 Posted: 01:58:50 11/02/2011
@Razz I see where you're getting at. I personally don't want a million Sonic topics when you can simply make a general topic about it if it hasn't been made already (haven't checked that piece of the forum in a while). Although I doubt dark would want a flood of new topics, which is why this new limit is also a bad idea. Think about all of the "Currently Listening To" topics we'll get. But that's besides the point.

I'm honestly not surprised that we derail into other topics. Not much Spyro information, and the fact that while there's a rule against being off-topic, it's barely enforced. One guy can't enforce that rule when there's several occations of that happening. Yet another reason why dark needs to hire mods....

@Darby That's happened to me far too many times....
#92 Posted: 02:01:04 11/02/2011
What I think about the off topic thing:
Tbh, lately, it seems easier to go off topic. Notice how when there's new Spyro information, we stay on topic way longer? Lately, there hasn't been much Spyro updates (until the past few days). So the Spyro topics have gone around in loops over and over again, and off topic to something more interesting (and I say 'more interesting' only because we've already discussed the Spyro subjects quite a few times and repeated the same things)
I'm so guilty of going off topic it's not even funny! And I can't deny it! Haha smilie
But seeing that there's new things to speculate/talk about, we're staying on topic longer. But still, we really should keep the chat to the right topics..

I'll reply to the other part too, I'm just getting too distracted to write another long reply right this minute smilie
#93 Posted: 02:02:32 11/02/2011
I'm also very much guilty of going off topic. Once I get on about a topic, it's nearly impossible to get me off of it until I've said everything I can possibly say about it.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#94 Posted: 02:55:25 11/02/2011
For the record, nobody can find anything at all in that "new Spyro game" topic. It's a gigantic morass of fan babble and nobody outside of obsessive fans who have nothing better to do has the time to dig through it to find what few gems of information exist. Thus, I think this topic was a good idea.

This is 100% true.

And love everything else you posted. X)

What's the point of this topic again? >.>
#95 Posted: 03:35:35 11/02/2011
Nothing now since Skylanders is confirmed to be something completely different. smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#96 Posted: 08:16:22 11/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
Well, if that toy turns out to be Spyro, I guess we're looking at something like this?

[User Posted Image]

That's the model? What about that picture in the Skylanders topic?
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#97 Posted: 08:30:01 11/02/2011
That's not the model. It's fan art from an Activision employee by the name of Laura Frank (she works for Toys for Bob). The actual model is just brownish red and she did it for fun.
#98 Posted: 14:25:26 11/02/2011
With Skylanders now revealed, and the toy idea has been brought to light, that makes me afraid of who the developers are. If it's Toys for Bob, then I'll be concerned, since the only decent game I can think of them making is Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.
#99 Posted: 18:00:56 11/02/2011
It IS Toys for Bob...
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me