First | Page 2 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#51 Posted: 22:30:45 02/10/2010
Could be, I kinda hope it is a working title.

Quote: Rock_Mosher
I just sent an email to the voice actor. I'll tell yous all when or even if i get a reply smilie i'm pretty happy there's more info. But now that i know some, you kinda want to know more

I want a screenshot. Or production art. BADLY.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 22:37:06 02/10/2010
Quote: Kimbia28
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Spyroo

Happy at the info, disappointed at the title* smilie

*not the Legend part, just the Kingdom part.

It could be the test title they were working on.

hmm maybe
Kinda like DoTD's original name was supposed to be The Darkest Hour right?

Correct.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#53 Posted: 22:37:51 02/10/2010
Random, but I still like The Darkest Hour more than DOTD smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#54 Posted: 22:37:59 02/10/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

Happy at the info, disappointed at the title* smilie

*not the Legend part, just the Kingdom part.

It could be the test title they were working on.

hmm maybe
Kinda like DoTD's original name was supposed to be The Darkest Hour right?

yes it was
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#55 Posted: 22:40:19 02/10/2010 | Topic Creator

Yea it does sound more suitable
especially because of the whole time is running out,we must face Malefor ,end of the world stuff...
But it was replaced with DoTD cus The Darkest hour would sound too similar to Eternal Night.
#56 Posted: 22:43:38 02/10/2010
yes it would....2011 is in 3 months and that said sumthing about june so we would have to wait about *mumbles random stuff* june is an 8 months so in about 4 or 5 months we should get a screen shot or activiosn finds out that we alredy found out a little over year in advance and just decide to let all the ifo out
---
#57 Posted: 22:47:08 02/10/2010
Probably sometime in 2011.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#58 Posted: 22:47:59 02/10/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
yes it would....2011 is in 3 months and that said sumthing about june so we would have to wait about *mumbles random stuff* june is an 8 months so in about 4 or 5 months we should get a screen shot or activiosn finds out that we alredy found out a little over year in advance and just decide to let all the ifo out

Yeah, I'm really dying to see a screenshot!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#59 Posted: 22:48:07 02/10/2010
thats what i just said
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#60 Posted: 22:48:43 02/10/2010
http://spyroluva.deviantart.co...ngdom-181306389

I looked at six pages on google and that's all I found. I'm posting an image rather than a link just in case the site is putting viruses on comps without ppl even trying to download anything. If you find this, DON'T try downloading it!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#61 Posted: 22:50:16 02/10/2010
i cant wait now
---
#62 Posted: 22:50:16 02/10/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
http://spyroluva.deviantart.co...ngdom-181306389

I looked at six pages on google and that's all I found. I'm posting an image rather than a link just in case the site is putting viruses on comps without ppl even trying to download anything. If you find this, DON'T try downloading it!

Ah, that's an automated download link. I could put in 'Spyro and Ember and Cynder and Sparx and Elora and Moneybags Wii' and it would still tell me they've found it for download smilie
---
#63 Posted: 22:50:20 02/10/2010
Nah, don't click on the torrents. Those are fan-based Spyro titles way before we found all this, SpyroLUVA. I mean, who would release the game on torrents?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:52:21 02/10/2010 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 22:52:40 02/10/2010
yeah (anthor good thing about this it may mean anthor ending song that we all love) (yes i know the composers quit)
---
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#65 Posted: 22:53:37 02/10/2010
those are the torrents i saw earlier. Search anything on the torrent site and see what happens lol Preferably a jumble of words
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
#66 Posted: 22:54:04 02/10/2010
Nah, don't click on the torrents. Those are fan-based Spyro titles way before we found all this, SpyroLUVA. I mean, who would release the game on torrents?

They aren't even fanbased smilie

Apparently, when you click on them, it just tells you to sign up and pay first anyway.
---
#67 Posted: 22:57:01 02/10/2010
exactly lol search anything and a result will come up, but in reality it's a link to make you sign up. The actual file ain't there. If you look below when you search spyro's kingdom no actual torrent is shown
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
#68 Posted: 22:57:25 02/10/2010
As I figured. Never trust torrent-sites who always want your money.

The game will come out sometime in 2011. That should give Activision enough time to advertise it to us.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:58 02/10/2010 by Aura24
#69 Posted: 22:58:34 02/10/2010
and to make a good game most importantly
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#70 Posted: 23:02:52 02/10/2010
Yes, we don't want it turning out like DotD...
---
I draw stuff.
#71 Posted: 23:07:00 02/10/2010
One thing that concerns me: If it's called Spyro's Kingdom, does that mean Spyro is king? And if Spyro is king, is he an adult? If he's an adult, what does that mean for the gameplay? If he's all grown up and able to fly decently I can see most/all elements of platforming going straight down the tubes. Not ot mention the last little tidbits of the childlike innocence of Spyro.

Oh god! If Spyro's adult than so is Cynder! I dread what the perves will do if Cynder is all grown up again!

It's probably not the case, but still, I dread it!
---
#72 Posted: 23:07:07 02/10/2010
yeah i'll be honest, the game wasn't a fail but it wasn't far from it. i liked it but it had a whole different vibe from the previous 2 and i really liked krome too. Especially the krome cut scenes. haha my friend saw it (him knowing nothing about spyro) and goes woww did Disney make this
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#73 Posted: 23:08:41 02/10/2010
Quote: Rock_Mosher
and to make a good game most importantly

It said in the last link Aura posted that they began in 2009 and are still going today. That seems like plenty of time to make a decent game.
---
#74 Posted: 23:09:43 02/10/2010
One thing that concerns me: If it's called Spyro's Kingdom, does that mean Spyro is king? And if Spyro is king, is he an adult? If he's an adult, what does that mean for the gameplay? If he's all grown up and able to fly decently I can see most/all elements of platforming going straight down the tubes. Not ot mention the last little tidbits of the childlike innocence of Spyro.

Oh god! If Spyro's adult than so is Cynder! I dread what the perves will do if Cynder is all grown up again!

I hope not. I know quite a few LOS fans that would probably abandon the series if that were the case.

Argh, Activision, just tell us already! WE KNOW YOUR SECRET.
---
#75 Posted: 23:10:36 02/10/2010
yep, so my expectations are high. They never really grew up in dawn of the dragon by the way. It just seemed like that because of Étranges Libellules scale and design.
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#76 Posted: 23:12:34 02/10/2010
Uh, they were teens in DotD. As much as I hate it that's the case.
---
#77 Posted: 23:14:32 02/10/2010
they looked like that yeah i'll give you that. But that could change with a new developer.
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#78 Posted: 23:15:04 02/10/2010
Hopefully many things will change with the new developer.
---
#79 Posted: 23:16:46 02/10/2010
Étranges Libellules did ok but i think they really just didn't have enough experience. The contrast with the purple fried my brain haha
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#80 Posted: 23:17:47 02/10/2010
It looked nice, but the game itself wasn't of the same quality.
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#81 Posted: 23:27:26 02/10/2010
One thing that concerns me: If it's called Spyro's Kingdom, does that mean Spyro is king?

My sentiments exactly! XD Aura and I were discussing it on Windows Live, and I posted a joking question, "So is Spyro a king? lol"
#82 Posted: 23:29:04 02/10/2010

It seems most probable if it is Spyro's Kingdom. Spyro is probably the king and kings are usually adults. This doesn't seem like a Spyro game anymore. I don't think I'll like it if he's king...
---
I draw stuff.
#83 Posted: 23:33:18 02/10/2010
Quote: Bolt
Yes, we don't want it turning out like DotD...

or ETD
---
#84 Posted: 23:35:00 02/10/2010
etd was rushed. not the case for this new game luckily
---
Rawr smilie
yayyyyyysmilie
#85 Posted: 23:36:36 02/10/2010
Unless they spent too mcuh time dinking around deciding what to do and not enough time actually doing it.
---
#86 Posted: 23:37:00 02/10/2010
Let's just hope they don't take this vid down as well.....
---
#87 Posted: 23:38:35 02/10/2010
Hey did you get that E-mail yet?
---
#88 Posted: 23:48:15 02/10/2010

It seems most probable if it is Spyro's Kingdom. Spyro is probably the king and kings are usually adults. This doesn't seem like a Spyro game anymore. I don't think I'll like it if he's king...

I won't either..... It'll kinda take the whole purpose of Spyro away in it's entirety for me - A little purple dragon saving the world.
---
#89 Posted: 23:50:07 02/10/2010

Building off of the above statement: Say Activision wants to please both old and new fans by giving each what they think each set of fans wants. Suppose they think LOS fans want more SxC, and suppose they think classic fans just want a character and gameplay more like the old Spyro even if it isn't Spyro. This is highly unlikely, but if that is the case (and goodness willing it's a BIG if) they might make a game where S and C are grown and have had kids BUT to keep the platforming and such they make the game about the child. Again, highly unlikely, but worrysome none the less.
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#90 Posted: 23:50:27 02/10/2010 | Topic Creator

I won't either..... It'll kinda take the whole purpose of Spyro away in it's entirety for me - A little purple dragon saving the world.

agreed with all xP
#91 Posted: 23:51:18 02/10/2010
Yeah, he's not really supposed to be king. Heros aren't kings...
---
I draw stuff.
#92 Posted: 23:55:58 02/10/2010
Yeah, the responsibility of ruling tends to demand too much of one's attention and thus pulls them away from an action packed life of fighting evil head on which is better for action platformers.

Uh oh... Another idea I dread! What if Spyro is king, is adult, still fights evil but not one on one? What if in this new game we have Spyro controling armies, like in an RTS (real time strategy) game? Okay, I gotta stop thinking of this stuff, I'm just getting concerned over nothing (I hope)!
---
#93 Posted: 23:57:20 02/10/2010
well weve found info now what?
---
#94 Posted: 23:57:58 02/10/2010
I don't expect we'll get new info for some time parisruelz. Sorry.
---
#95 Posted: 00:40:43 03/10/2010
Yeah, it isn't due until June next year and Activision has already tried to hide the game from us...

Yeah, the responsibility of ruling tends to demand too much of one's attention and thus pulls them away from an action packed life of fighting evil head on which is better for action platformers.

Uh oh... Another idea I dread! What if Spyro is king, is adult, still fights evil but not one on one? What if in this new game we have Spyro controling armies, like in an RTS (real time strategy) game? Okay, I gotta stop thinking of this stuff, I'm just getting concerned over nothing (I hope)!

I would hate that, commanding armies!
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#96 Posted: 00:45:29 03/10/2010
Just a thought, but he might not be king. It could just mean that it's a kingdom, and Spyro is in it, if you know what I mean. :\

Before we start jumping to conclusions on what spyro universe it's going to be in, we should wait for Activsion to tell us themselves, and wait for screen shots. Just because it has, "the legend" in the title, doesn't mean that it's going to be in the Legend Spyro universe. It could mean anything. Just because one person believes that it's in the legend universe, with crummy evidence, doesn't mean other people should too. Like I said, we should wait and see until the screen shots arrive.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:42:01 03/10/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#97 Posted: 00:50:25 03/10/2010
Might, but what would it be about then?
---
I draw stuff.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#98 Posted: 01:00:34 03/10/2010

I have to agree. smilie 'Dawn of the Dragon' really didn't make any sense for a title... When I saw the title, I honestly thought that meant there'd be more Dragons...and nope. smilie

On topic, this is very interesting.
#99 Posted: 01:05:53 03/10/2010
^ I agree with you there.
---
I draw stuff.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#100 Posted: 01:35:08 03/10/2010
I'm really glad there's more information!

I'm going to send an email to that supposed voice actor, and hope for a reply.. As for the Title.. Spyro's Kingdom.. I have no idea what this game is supposed to be like. It was said that there was evidence supporting that the game would continue in the LoS universe.. What was that evidence?
First | Page 2 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me