darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly > So, I go back to this game, and I played a little bit of it....
Page 1 of 1
So, I go back to this game, and I played a little bit of it.... [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1 Posted: 11:59:46 03/09/2010 | Topic Creator
And I actually like it. o.O

Srsly, I think people are overrating with the loading screens. They don't take as long to load as people are claiming. And as for the glitches and the slow game play.... I got used to it once I got to Monkey Monastery (this was the level I was up to, according to my old store, but with many dragonflies missed out in the other levels lol). I also felt like I was playing an original Spyro game.

The only thing I found annoying is the gliding in that level. It's so darn hard to glide to one platform to another in Monkey Monastery, because if you accidentally touch something, then you go flying down to the bottom, and lose a life, and the hovering isn't all that good. >.<
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 14:26:36 03/09/2010
Which version are you playing? I know the PS2 has incredibly long loading times..... Then I got the GC version and bam, hello quick loading.

But yeah, it's not as bad as people make out.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#3 Posted: 16:01:45 03/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Srsly, I think people are overrating with the loading screens. They don't take as long to load as people are claiming. And as for the glitches and the slow game play.... I got used to it once I got to Monkey Monastery (this was the level I was up to, according to my old store, but with many dragonflies missed out in the other levels lol). I also felt like I was playing an original Spyro game.

The only thing I found annoying is the gliding in that level. It's so darn hard to glide to one platform to another in Monkey Monastery, because if you accidentally touch something, then you go flying down to the bottom, and lose a life, and the hovering isn't all that good. >.<

For me, if you compare it to DotD then I love the game.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#4 Posted: 16:21:17 03/09/2010
It has several good points. The first time I played it, my sister came in and she was absolutely made up with the scenery and Spyro's appearance (I've seen better but it was okay). The actual levels and music weren't too bad either.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#5 Posted: 23:54:24 03/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I got the PS2, Platinum version.
Although, I don't know if Platinum would make it any better..... :\

Quote: Malefor0001

It's fantastic if you compare it to any TLOS game. Heck I even like this game more than AHT, because it has the original atmosphear, which AHT lacks.
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#6 Posted: 21:25:48 06/09/2010
I played it again too.I dont hate it as much as I used to,but its still my least favorite Spyro game.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#7 Posted: 12:54:48 07/09/2010 | Topic Creator
^ When I first played it, I complained about it. But now, I like it.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#8 Posted: 17:48:59 07/09/2010
Although, I don't know if Platinum would make it any better..... smilie

It's fantastic if you compare it to any TLOS game. Heck I even like this game more than AHT, because it has the original atmosphear, which AHT lacks.

Agreed. This felt like a true Classic, even though it has rubbish graphics and story...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#9 Posted: 23:38:06 07/09/2010
I like the game overall, but not Spyro's design... He looks like a dinosaur to me! But ps2 takes waaaaaaaaaaay to long to load!!!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#10 Posted: 01:48:13 08/09/2010
Okay, this is just IMO, but I LOVED Spyro's appearance and voice in AHT... It's my second in the whole game! (right after std)
---
#11 Posted: 06:50:40 08/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I liked Spyro's appearance in ETD. He looks more like himself on the game covers.

Although, I don't know if Platinum would make it any better..... :\

Agreed. This felt like a true Classic, even though it has rubbish graphics and story...

I agree. Heck that's the main reason why I like this game. Even though the storyline is bad, and it's glitchy and short, plus slightly longer loading times than normal, I still feel like I'm playing a classic Spyro game, and that's good enough for me.
I liked the graphics... It's the same as the old ones, but more more detail, and more pretty. I loved the water. :D
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#12 Posted: 18:19:32 10/09/2010
I think you are giving this game too much credit. If you compare it to the original three games, it is clear that this is an awful game.

People are definitely not reacting with the loading screens. The Playstation 2 version has loading screens that lasts almost a minute long. That's insane.
#13 Posted: 13:26:39 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes, it isn't as good as the first three, but people are still overreacting, and they're only excuse is because of the "long" loading times and the glitchy areas, which isn't that much of a big deal. I got used to the glitchy stuff in about two minuets.

Because I have the patience to wait about 40 seconds maybe?
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#14 Posted: 14:20:15 12/09/2010
Has your game ever frozen?
#15 Posted: 06:51:20 13/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Nope.

.... Does Platinum make any difference to the game.....? :\
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:52:05 13/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#16 Posted: 11:36:20 13/09/2010
Nope.

.... Does Platinum make any difference to the game.....? smilie

Yes, many of the bugs were fixed smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#17 Posted: 12:31:37 13/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, that could be the reason. xD

I just discovered an awesome glitch in Honey Mashes (.... and the music is stuck in my head. >.<). I was chasing the bee on the honey slide. I jumped over the ledge, but I didn't quite make it to the other side. I went right through the other ledge, and Spyro just kept on falling and falling. The screen was all black, but there was this random white dragon (who looked like Spyro) at the top left corner of the screen. I could move Spyro a little bit, and when I did, the white dragon also moved a little. :D
---
Black-Dragon Ripto Gems: 800
#18 Posted: 11:46:09 15/10/2010
Maybe thats why i cant do the swim in air glitch, i have a platinum version.
#19 Posted: 00:11:05 24/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: AngelicBeast
I like how he looks in this game over his look in AHT, and I like this voice alot better too :\
I finally played this game for the PS2 and I've got it almost beat, it's fun overall lol.

I agreed. Spyro looked ugly in AHT, with an annoying voice. Plus, his personality is different. I was like, "What did they do to you, Spyro!? You're not cute anymore!".
---
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#20 Posted: 15:47:16 26/12/2010
This game isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem. The loading isn't that awful, I'm patient with it.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#21 Posted: 17:13:33 26/12/2010
I do like this game come to think of it, I don't mind the loading screens or the glitches, the only thing that bug me is that slowness of it, I just need patience with it, then I do enjoy it, I just think to myself "Well at least it is easier than TLOS."
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#22 Posted: 22:49:04 20/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kariana
This game isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem. The loading isn't that awful, I'm patient with it.

This.
---
#23 Posted: 01:40:19 21/01/2011
This game is actually pretty fun... And even if some people don't like it, I know lots of people LOVE the swimming in air glitch (me included xD)
---
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#24 Posted: 18:17:59 31/08/2011
My game took like 3 minutes or something like that to load :/
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#25 Posted: 00:52:37 01/09/2011
It's not a bad game,just a BADLY MADE game.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#26 Posted: 03:25:57 01/09/2011
I'm playing it again at the moment, and the loading times are horriblely long. And there's so many of them! DX. Though the game definately did have potential, but everything is just so sluggish!
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Spyro1995 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1750
#27 Posted: 17:31:29 26/11/2011
If it wasnt so slow, glitchy and short it would have been a good game. I do enjoy this game when i can bear the loading times and glitches. Its no where near as good as the first 3 but its ok. I also can't 100% compleate this due to a glitch that makes EVERYTHING in Jurassic Jungle invisable. smilie
---
My collection: LINK
#28 Posted: 21:39:13 03/12/2011
I think this is better then AHT, he looked messed when he ran.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#29 Posted: 21:47:32 03/12/2011
Quote: Purple n Spyro
I think this is better then AHT, he looked messed when he ran.

To me he just looked really tired when he ran in AHT, I found it funny. I thought to myself "I don't blame him for all the adventures he has been on, he really hasn't had a day off"
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
SpyroForever Red Sparx Gems: 87
#30 Posted: 15:58:39 28/12/2011
I like the game. Look it up and see what it was supposed to be like and you may appreciate it a little more smilie I couldnt stand it my first play through but the second time it wasn't that bad. And seriously, loading times aren't really THAT unbearable. It was on average 30-45 seconds for me on my PS2.
---
Long live the dragon! smilie smilie smilie
Skylanders Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#31 Posted: 13:46:37 06/10/2012
I like this game........ You have to beat ripto two times?
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#32 Posted: 14:14:34 06/10/2012
For me, the loading times took 5 seconds
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#33 Posted: 15:44:37 06/10/2012
It's cuz I did glitches.. before I had NO GLITCHES AT ALL AND GOOD LOADING TIMES! Then when I started glitching it.. smilie

Yes, I have a normal copy.
#34 Posted: 16:46:29 06/10/2012
Quote: Purple n Spyro
It's cuz I did glitches.. before I had NO GLITCHES AT ALL AND GOOD LOADING TIMES! Then when I started glitching it.. smilie

Yes, I have a normal copy.

OOOO NORMAL COPY GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE
---
oh my god
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#35 Posted: 21:40:39 06/10/2012
Quote: Jaggedstar

Gamecube version? I've read that loading screens are significantly quicker. Loading times for my game can be up to 30 seconds, maybe even more.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#36 Posted: 01:10:32 07/10/2012
The GCN version was the most superior, from what I've seen. But this game was essentially like the Sonic 2006 of the Spyro series (although it totally happened first). >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#37 Posted: 11:12:39 07/10/2012
Quote: InsomDog
Quote: Jaggedstar

Gamecube version? I've read that loading screens are significantly quicker. Loading times for my game can be up to 30 seconds, maybe even more.

Nuhp, PS2 version
---
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me