Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Something I realized [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 22:05:52 28/08/2010 | Topic Creator
The guardians could and should have taken all the eggs and fled the temple. This was possible because in the cinematic where all the eggs were smashed it didn't look like there were that many eggs at all. Even if there were too many to carry in thier paws couldn't they have asked the moles to fasion saddle bags or something? I mean they saw the attack coming didn't they? They were friends with them at that time, considering the whole thing in DotD about dragons once being revered, weren't they?

If they had run with all the eggs, they could have trained them in a hidden place and risen up again to fight evil with a small army of young dragons. Not only that, but if they had taken the eggs out of the dark armies' grasp, then Malefor never would have been able to escape because he never would have gotten a dragon minion. Thus none of the descruction Cynder caused would have happened.

Another thing that irks me: In the cutscene where the temple is overrun it doesn't look like there are that many apes, and yet they still overpowered all the guardians. This is odd because I would think that if one young dragon with very little training can conquer almost a whole army of apes, then certainly four adults with extensive training could fight such a small force. Also, don't give an excuse like 'They were tired! They'd probably been fighting!' Finally, does anyone recall the scene in ANB where Iggy fought three apes himself, two mediums and a large? That being the case, it doesn't seem that unlikely for four dragon guardians to fight off a group made mostly of small apes.

Here are some vids depicting what I'm talking about:

---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 23:56:26 28/08/2010
I do agree that they could have saved most of the eggs... But one thing I'd like to ask is, where did you ever get the idea of Moles in the temple from? Also, I think the reason why they were overpowered was explained in TEN, when the Chronicler told Spyro that it was Gaul who lead the raid (of course, they didn't think about this in ANB, but they did their best to patch it up)
GlitchGirl Green Sparx Gems: 256
#3 Posted: 17:45:22 29/08/2010
I agree, they could have saved more than just Spyro's egg! In the first video though, I don't remember that... I'll have to replay the game and watch it.
---
Heart the Warp Dragoness <3
#4 Posted: 20:17:50 29/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
I do agree that they could have saved most of the eggs... But one thing I'd like to ask is, where did you ever get the idea of Moles in the temple from? Also, I think the reason why they were overpowered was explained in TEN, when the Chronicler told Spyro that it was Gaul who lead the raid (of course, they didn't think about this in ANB, but they did their best to patch it up)

Remember the manweere smalls? They're moles or something, right? Weren't they friends with the moles in ANB? It seemed they were friends in DotD. As for the making of saddle bags by moles, was it not the moles who made the whole dang dragon City?! If they can do that, then a leather bag to hang off a dragon's back should be easy peasy!
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 20:30:46 29/08/2010
Manweersmalls are way different than the Moles from DotD, SpyroLUVA.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#6 Posted: 20:35:57 29/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, so I was wrong about that, but the moles must have existed in ANB. If they made a whole friggin' City for the dragons way back when, they must be friends with the dragons, yes? If they are friends with the dragons, then why not help them prepare for the worst? Why not make some saddle bags for the eggs, in case they must flee? Heck, why not make a hidden fortress to flee to?!
---
#7 Posted: 20:45:53 29/08/2010
The Guardians were in charge of protecting the eggs. Remember, the Moles, dragons, and other creatures were in war with the armies of the Dark Master, remember? Before the events of ANB?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#8 Posted: 20:53:36 29/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Fine, but could they not just make that stuff beforehand, say at the start of the war as a precaution, or spare a couple moles and a some material for the bags? Sounds like a good investment, given that the dragons seem to be the most powerful force on the side of good, and thus thier best hope of victory over the forces of evil.
---
#9 Posted: 21:01:13 29/08/2010
What's done is done, SpyroLUVA. Why not tell the producers of the idea?
---
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#10 Posted: 00:06:12 30/08/2010
I think they should have saved at least MOST of the eggs!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#11 Posted: 03:38:39 30/08/2010
i say that the way the story goes is good the way it is savying most of the eggs or not.(no offence)
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
flyleaf Green Sparx Gems: 143
#12 Posted: 15:38:38 30/08/2010
^They should of at least saved Cynder's egg. I mean, Iggy knew that that Cynder's egg held the dragon that could open the portal, he could have saved her.
---
Just keep looking awesome...
#13 Posted: 16:00:30 30/08/2010
Quote: flyleaf
^They should of at least saved Cynder's egg. I mean, Iggy knew that that Cynder's egg held the dragon that could open the portal, he could have saved her.

It wasn't specifically Cynder that they needed, they just needed a Dragon that was born in the year of the Dragon. It just happened to be Cynder that they chose out of all the eggs that were there.
#14 Posted: 16:27:17 30/08/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, weren't all the dragons thier born in the YotD.
---
#15 Posted: 16:36:47 30/08/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Yeah, weren't all the dragons thier born in the YotD.

Exactly, they could have taken any... It was just a coincidence...
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#16 Posted: 17:17:52 30/08/2010
In my story I made Ignitus save Spyro's egg and my character Star's egg. Believe I watched the intro very carefully and thought it through before writting.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#17 Posted: 20:20:17 30/08/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
In my story I made Ignitus save Spyro's egg and my character Star's egg. Believe I watched the intro very carefully and thought it through before writting.

You can say you thought it through, but seriously... To say he saved another egg that's your character, the single most fantard idea ever. If I make a theory, I actually think it through and give it plenty of links to make it work rather than to just think "Oh yes, this is logical here" and then have it not make sense anywhere else.
#18 Posted: 00:56:28 31/08/2010 | Topic Creator
That was kinda uncalled for and off topic.
---
#19 Posted: 02:48:47 31/08/2010
And it was a bit random too, Star. No offense..
---
#20 Posted: 11:52:07 31/08/2010
That was kinda uncalled for and off topic.

What, so suddenly you support TLoS fantardism smilie
#21 Posted: 15:18:52 31/08/2010 | Topic Creator
No, but the whay you said it was kinda mean, and off topic, even though Star was off topic first.
---
#22 Posted: 16:07:49 31/08/2010

It wasn't specifically Cynder that they needed, they just needed a Dragon that was born in the year of the Dragon. It just happened to be Cynder that they chose out of all the eggs that were there.

No, iggy said that only one born in the year of the dragon could open the portal...
---
#23 Posted: 17:17:36 31/08/2010
No, but the whay you said it was kinda mean, and off topic, even though Star was off topic first.

And you haven't done that before smilie

No, iggy said that only one born in the year of the dragon could open the portal...

They don't mean one as in only 'one person', they mean one as in 'any one person'.
#24 Posted: 19:30:49 31/08/2010

You can say you thought it through, but seriously... To say he saved another egg that's your character, the single most fantard idea ever. If I make a theory, I actually think it through and give it plenty of links to make it work rather than to just think "Oh yes, this is logical here" and then have it not make sense anywhere else.

I didn't mean it like that! I just saying it could be possible that another egg could have been saved and how I applied that theory to my story so please don't call me a fantard!
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#25 Posted: 20:21:49 31/08/2010

I didn't mean it like that! I just saying it could be possible that another egg could have been saved and how I applied that theory to my story so please don't call me a fantard!

But it didn't happen, so why bother? Why bother create an idea that completely rewrites the whole of TLoS from the beginning smilie. Anyway, I'm gonna stop being off topic now, but I stand by what I said.
#26 Posted: 02:30:37 01/09/2010

But it didn't happen, so why bother? Why bother create an idea that completely rewrites the whole of TLoS from the beginning smilie. Anyway, I'm gonna stop being off topic now, but I stand by what I said.

Just please don't call me a fantard.

Now back on topic. I said that because I believed he could've saved more than just Spyro's egg too.
---
ShayminSky Ripto Gems: 943
#27 Posted: 00:44:11 04/09/2010
It was because they were lazy.
#28 Posted: 01:56:21 04/09/2010
No, it probably wasn't that.
---
#29 Posted: 13:38:11 04/09/2010 | Topic Creator
So why then? Bags or not, they could have carried more eggs in thier paws.
---
#30 Posted: 18:33:33 04/09/2010
I don't think so, since Spyro's egg filled up Ignitus' whole paw.
---
#31 Posted: 20:39:41 04/09/2010
Thats true, and he also tryed to go as fast as he could to get back and try to save more. He was just to late.
---
#32 Posted: 21:37:02 04/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24

It didn't look like there were many eggs. One egg in each paw of the guardians probably would have saved most of them.

Even without a bag couldn't they hollow a stump with thier claws and use it like a box?
---
#33 Posted: 21:54:20 04/09/2010
Quote: Aura24

It didn't look like there were many eggs. One egg in each paw of the guardians probably would have saved most of them.

Even without a bag couldn't they hollow a stump with thier claws and use it like a box?

Dragons don't have thumbs, so they need to use two paws to hold something... Plus, it's like a fire... U gotta save one thing...
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#34 Posted: 20:37:06 05/09/2010
The story of the series was messed up anyway.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#35 Posted: 22:24:44 05/09/2010
I didn't know something in the new series would bother you this much, SpyroLUVA..
---
#36 Posted: 17:10:29 06/09/2010 | Topic Creator
It doesn't bother me so much it's just a flaw I realized and I like to point stuff like tht out. I also like a good debate. Then again I am bugged by the lack of other youngsters in LOS, and if they had saved more than one egg that may have remedied that at least to some degree.

@Bionicle So fill the box with eggs and carry it with two paws against his chest.
Or move the eggs to a safe location beforehand, maybe scattering them all over the lands, placing them in the care of trusted allies.

Anyway, what's done is done, and It's not like LOS didn't turn out to blow chunks anyway.

One thing I forgot to say: Why did the apes not steal ALL the eggs? If ONE corrupt dragon can wreak such havoc, imagine what can be done if all the hatchlings are corrupted?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:23:12 06/09/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#37 Posted: 18:37:40 06/09/2010
The Apes hated the dragons for something they did, remember? The Dark Master did order the Apes to destroy all the eggs to prevent Spyro from being born, and the Apes seemed to have enjoyed doing it.
---
#38 Posted: 22:07:21 06/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Fair enough, but if it were me looking for revenge, I'd get the most satisfaction out of mutating and twisting my enemies into slaves. Also, if they hate the dragons so much, why do they serve one who is trapped in another world? Finally, (and I'm probably just forgetting something explained in the games) how does Malefor give orders if he's trapped?
---
#39 Posted: 23:51:51 06/09/2010
Malefor somehow recruited the Apes to his side, since he was aagainst the dragons for banishing him, and they became his servants, but only wanted power from him and weren't really loyal to him.

The Apes believed that when they resurrected their master, Malefor, he will bring a new age of power of the Apes in order to get their revenge on the dragons. But they were wrong.
---
#40 Posted: 12:55:28 07/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Alright I get that, but how would the apes know to seal a dragon? Wouldn't Malefor have to tell them that or something? IDK why I care so much. Then again there's much to chat about here these days.
---
#41 Posted: 17:14:03 07/09/2010
Actually, the Ancestors sealed Malefor away, and the Night of Eternal Darkness was the key to his resurrection after Cynder released his spirit from Convexity.

The Apes didn't have to do anything but wait until the Celestial Moons esclipsed on the Well of Souls, which released Malefor after the mountain collapsed.

IDK why I care so much. Then again there's much to chat about here these days.

Well, even though you don't like the new series so much, there's nothing much to talk about nowadays..
---
#42 Posted: 19:24:06 07/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Alright I get that, but how would the apes know to seal a dragon? Wouldn't Malefor have to tell them that or something? IDK why I care so much. Then again there's much to chat about here these days.

Sorry, I meant STEAL a dragon. How would they know what to do to set Malefor's resurection in motion? Did he contact them and how?
---
#43 Posted: 20:13:30 07/09/2010
Yeah, Malefor may have had contacted the Apes, including Gaul, from his prison in Convexity. Through some dark ability. He heard of the prophecy of the next purple dragon, and sent his army of Apes to prevent Spyro from being born to avoid battling a creature with powers equal to his.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:24:27 07/09/2010 by Aura24
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#44 Posted: 12:57:46 11/09/2010
Ok, i do agree. But the moles were all the way in Mutinous forge or whatever. And you can see an UNSMASHED blue egg in the cutscene. Besides, at least Terrador and Cyril could stay, while Volteer(bursting in to scream at ignitus to do all the work) And Ignitus could hav at least grabbed two in or 3 in their paws, and 1 in their mouth, and maybe if they were quick, got more.
#45 Posted: 19:08:19 11/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Even if the moles/manweere smalls are away, I'm sure some could have done something to prepare for the worst when the war broke out. Make the bags and give them to the dragons, build a refuge for them to live in and train hatchlings, dig tunnels leading from the temple to a safe place, maybe with some carts on rails set up so they could transport many eggs at once. There were plenty of preparation options! But of course no one on the Spyro team (or whatever) bothered to give the games much thought. They just took a popular franchise, slapped something together using it as a base, made it all flashy, serious and dark, applied a crappy, repetitive combat system and employed Hollywood actors to do voices. And it was all just for the sake of attracting buyers with a flimsy promise of something good.
---
#46 Posted: 19:29:27 11/09/2010
...Ranting much?
---
#47 Posted: 20:24:34 11/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Yes I am ranting, so what? I do it all the time but you never said anything before.
---
#48 Posted: 20:55:19 11/09/2010
Still, you're ranting about something that's probably not even true, out of fustration for DotD.
---
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#49 Posted: 21:29:59 11/09/2010
Ya true. But they didnt know they'd attack THEN.
#50 Posted: 12:41:46 12/09/2010 | Topic Creator
But they must have seen it coming. After all, Volteer reffered to them as the Dark Armies, rather than saying we're being attacked by a bunch of apes. Thus I'm lead to believe that they were alreaty at war, they knew of the army before hand and they must have seen the attack coming at least to some degree.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me