darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly > What this game COULD/SHOULD have been
Page 1 of 1
What this game COULD/SHOULD have been [CLOSED]
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#1 Posted: 07:42:10 10/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, so let's recap what we know about what was ORIGINALLY supposed to be in the game, but was dropped out due to the developers being rushed, savvy?

-Gnasty Gnorc was going to team up with Ripto(an obvious nod to YotD's epilogue)in an attempt to capture all of the dragonflies for themselves.
-There was supposed to be 120 dragonflies to collect, instead of 90.
-There was going to be over 25 levels. Considering that you can't divide 120 with 25, the number of dragonflies in each level was likely going to vary.
-A framerate of 60 frames per second. Heck, even if this was the only thing they kept, I'd like the game a million times more. Because the EtD we got is SO SLUGGISH.
-Relatively fast loading times. Again, I'd like the game million times more if this was the only thing they kept. I CAN'T STAND TO WAIT FOR TWO WEEKS.

If all these things were thrown together, Enter the Dragonfly could have potentially been a masterpiece that could have been able to match the original trilogy in quality. But what we got was probably the crappiest Spyro game ever.

I personally think we should make a petition to send a letter to Activision to persuade them to have a developer team redo Enter the Dragonfly the way it was originally going to be.

Dis'cuss!
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#2 Posted: 09:30:10 10/07/2010
The developers who made ETD suck (Equinoxe and Check Six) and they don't even exist anymore. They could have got someone better to work on the game (and test it) and they could have had more time to work on it but they didn't.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#3 Posted: 15:33:10 10/07/2010
Are you sure they originally planned to include Gnasty Gnorc? I know they should have because of YOTD's epilogue but I didnt think the developers ever gave it a thought. Well, at least he came back in AHT to work with Red. A Hero's Tail was a true sequel to the originals.

ETD could have been much better but it's in the past now. They will never remake it. It was a failure, but theres no point in going back and fixing it now.
Crashfan25 Ripto Gems: 496
#4 Posted: 15:42:27 10/07/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: dingodile555

ETD could have been much better but it's in the past now. They will never remake it. It was a failure, but theres no point in going back and fixing it now.

OF COURSE.
Why didn't I think of this earlier?
[User Posted Image]
88 MILES PER HOUR.
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#5 Posted: 15:11:13 21/07/2010
^LOL,Ive seen the movie that pic is from.

Back on topic.I wish they would have kept everything in there,but I doubt they will remake it now.It is just a smudge of failure on Spyro's record.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:33 21/07/2010 by crazyspyrofan
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#6 Posted: 16:08:59 21/07/2010
okay is there part two in the eplouge
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#7 Posted: 16:59:30 21/07/2010
In ETD,or the movie?
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#8 Posted: 17:06:32 21/07/2010
I would have liked this fame if they wouldn't have dropped some things out.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#9 Posted: 03:14:43 28/09/2010
Why do people say that the frame rate sucks!? Spyro walks, turns, etc just fine in my game, and I have the PS2 version. The loading times aren't as long as people claim, so to me, people are just overrating.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#10 Posted: 21:33:52 28/09/2010
I think the gate that Spyro starts the game in front of was supposed to lead to the second of three homeworlds.

Also, I suspect (but don't have proof) that Ripto was only supposed to be the final boss fight. The fact that he uses the same set of attacks each time you face him, and just adds something on each time is what makes me beleive this. I think that this was meant to be one big fight rather than all three. We probably would have been fighting Cursh and Gulp again in the other realms if this were the case. Remember as you read this paragraph that I'm just speculating about the boss fights here.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#11 Posted: 21:52:30 28/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Why do people say that the frame rate sucks!? Spyro walks, turns, etc just fine in my game, and I have the PS2 version. The loading times aren't as long as people claim, so to me, people are just overrating.

Loading screens are 55 seconds long in my PS2 version. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:54:17 28/09/2010 by InsomDog
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#12 Posted: 22:49:00 28/09/2010
Quote: InsomDog

It took mine around 3 minutes to load one particular level on my original PS2 copy.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#13 Posted: 01:49:39 30/09/2010

My calculations are 30 secs...
#14 Posted: 02:23:20 30/09/2010

Loading screens are 55 seconds long in my PS2 version. -_-

It's only around 25 seconds long in my PS2 version.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:24:30 30/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#15 Posted: 01:24:23 01/10/2010
it takes mine almost exactly 1:25 on mine
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#16 Posted: 01:57:08 01/10/2010
What this game is: not as bad as people say.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#17 Posted: 23:25:51 01/10/2010
Yes, gamingmaster is correct. This game is actually fine. It just takes forever to load.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#18 Posted: 00:49:50 09/10/2010
People say it sucks, yet their only excuse is the long loading times and the glitchy stuff (which you get used to). It's rather annoying.
---
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#19 Posted: 10:08:51 10/10/2010
People say it sucks, yet their only excuse is the long loading times and the glitchy stuff (which you get used to). It's rather annoying.

Not this again... smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#20 Posted: 10:12:37 10/10/2010
It's not just that at all. Sure, the loading screens are annoying, but there's also sluggish controls, awful collision detection, questionable level design, bad dialogue and dodgy gameplay mechanics.

I don't mind the game at all, I can just see why people hate it.
---
Eh.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#21 Posted: 20:32:40 14/10/2010
[User Posted Image]

I'm sure there's been a discussion about this that I'm not aware of, but was Ripto supposed to be like this in the game eventually? I was looking at the ETD art gallery and I came across this. I'm guessing after the fight with Ripto, he was supposed to get some kind of spell or something to make him all big like this. Either that or I just skipped this over in the game.

I wish this game had actually been finished..
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:20:59 16/11/2010 by Darby
ccrogers15 Ripto Gems: 248
#22 Posted: 21:26:38 03/05/2011
this game sucks, it is worse then the LOS trilogy. Also it drifts away from the original series kind of. I wish they would have completed the game, because there would be more home worlds. If i was to choose how the game was, it would have dragon realms, artisans, peace keepers, magic crafters, dream weavers, beast makers and dragon shores as the home worlds. Then have gnasty, ripto and the sorcerous team up. Bring back elora. Have the same worlds from spyro 1 in the dragon home worlds i said. Have more things to do. Have a bonus world, like maybe bring back a spyro 2 or 3 home world. Have fast load screens and great voice actors.
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#23 Posted: 01:17:51 07/05/2011
Quote: Darby
I'm sure there's been a discussion about this that I'm not aware of, but was Ripto supposed to be like this in the game eventually? I was looking at the ETD art gallery and I came across this. I'm guessing after the fight with Ripto, he was supposed to get some kind of spell or something to make him all big like this. Either that or I just skipped this over in the game.

I wish this game had actually been finished..

After catching every last dragonfly, you face Ripto a third time. When you defeat his ice and fire spells, he changes into the form you have the image of here.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#24 Posted: 02:03:05 07/05/2011
They should of kept with what they were originally planning to do. It would have been a whole lot better, but then it would change A Hero's Tail storyline just a tiny bit because of Gnasty appearing.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#25 Posted: 12:02:39 25/05/2011
Quote: ccrogers15
this game sucks, it is worse then the LOS trilogy. Also it drifts away from the original series kind of. I wish they would have completed the game, because there would be more home worlds. If i was to choose how the game was, it would have dragon realms, artisans, peace keepers, magic crafters, dream weavers, beast makers and dragon shores as the home worlds. Then have gnasty, ripto and the sorcerous team up. Bring back elora. Have the same worlds from spyro 1 in the dragon home worlds i said. Have more things to do. Have a bonus world, like maybe bring back a spyro 2 or 3 home world. Have fast load screens and great voice actors.

I rather play this game than a TLOS game any day. xD
---
#26 Posted: 12:04:10 25/05/2011
Quote: Fireball
They should of kept with what they were originally planning to do. It would have been a whole lot better, but then it would change A Hero's Tail storyline just a tiny bit because of Gnasty appearing.

Actually, AHT wouldn't have excised. I'm guessing the company would have kept ETD's developer. Serria (or however you spell it) wouldn't have gotten their hands on the game.
---
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#27 Posted: 13:20:00 09/02/2012
Quote: ccrogers15

I rather play this game than a TLOS game any day. xD

Gotta agree with that. The ToS trilogy was never released in China and perhaps in other countries on the other side of the world which I'm relieved about. smilie smilie
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me