Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
if there was a spyro 2 remake [CLOSED]
Feather Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 146
#51 Posted: 02:02:33 23/07/2010
Quote: Eragon25
Quote: Feather Dragon
He probably did make music for the game.

But that song isn't his, so yeah he either downloaded it (because it would seem that, since everyone uses it, it's probably freeware) or licensed it, so it isn't original to the game.

Besides, Spyro 2's music isn't as good as Spyro 1's. It sounds to kiddiefied.

How is it not his?

This is what I'm looking up. Mainly what I'm getting from various places on the internet, mostly message boards so don't take this too seriously, is that the song is a remix of another song, supposedly a jingle, that was probably done by the artist of the game's soundtrack, which is why it sounds familiar even in things older than Spyro 2. So if what I'm picking up is true, he really didn't make it, but he did remix it, which means Insomniac didn't entirely own the rights to it if this is correct.

I can't find the original source material though and am trying to find something more concrete than what I have.
---
Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes!
My tips for RP.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#52 Posted: 06:54:19 23/07/2010
I'm trying to fight against such bad idea as is editing soundtrack! It will be like remaking of first Legend of Zelda, and only edit will be omitting the Zelda Theme! BAD IDEA!!! However, improving quality to Hi-Fi is actually good idea...

May I ask, what music are thou listen to?
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:54:54 23/07/2010 by matesds
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#53 Posted: 11:47:04 23/07/2010
If you go to the 9 minute mark of this video, you can actually hear a part of Gulp's music.

So Stewart Copland must have remixed it then.
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#54 Posted: 14:21:20 23/07/2010
I say pure coincidence.Stewart Copeland is too EPIC.
#55 Posted: 18:44:19 23/07/2010
And that movie was made (or released in America, I forget which but it doesn't matter) in '96.

And yes, his music is very good. (too bad that opinion of mine dies at Spyro 3...)

And besides, if it were really their music, they wouldn't license it out to ads, movies, and whatever else uses it. In fact, Insomniac probably used the song because it was a popular jingle they thought people would recognize and decided to remix it for epicness. It's not unknown to do this in video games, actually Sega's been doing that for Sonic for a long time.
---
My tips for RP.
#56 Posted: 20:41:55 23/07/2010
It's Universal's (sp?), that one does licensing....
---
Keep smile
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#57 Posted: 21:11:46 23/07/2010
Wow, this has really gotten off-topic! smilie
StupidPuffSheep Green Sparx Gems: 424
#58 Posted: 03:12:09 25/07/2010
I agree ^ ^ ^ ^
This isn't called "Spyro 2 music" or anythng! Its about a remake! :/
---
I don't know whats in my future, but I won't let it be a repeat of my past.
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#59 Posted: 03:36:26 25/07/2010
^Lol! Yup, yup. And it all started with the discussion that they shouldn't change Gulp's Overlook's music! smilie
#60 Posted: 21:57:36 26/07/2010
Quote: StupidPuffSheep
I agree ^ ^ ^ ^

It's called a debate, deal with it. :l

Quote: StupidPuffSheep
I agree ^ ^ ^ ^

It's called a debate, deal with it. :l

Edit: And by the way, the discussion about music started because I said I would change Gulp's music. Then matesds decided to make an idiot of himself and claim I was wrong when, in fact, I wasn't, and InsomDog pretty much helped me prove that. Tip for all the kids out there: Only use macros on someone if you know what you're talking about.
---
My tips for RP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:34 26/07/2010 by Feather Dragon
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#61 Posted: 01:50:14 27/07/2010 | Topic Creator
gulps over look has good music stolen or not
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
#62 Posted: 02:20:01 27/07/2010
Quote: spyro glitcher

Yes, it does. But it was still a remix of another song. I have 2 reasons for suggesting it be changed.

1: Depending on what legalities might have been involved, if any, there are some contracts with restrictions regarding the use of another person's/company's content. You might have to license the content again depending on who owns it. Provided it was licensed at all, that is. And since Insomniac no longer owns Spyro, the contract is considered void, since that contract was for them and that one game. Even if a remake were to be made, another company using it might have to license it again, or just plain license it if Insomniac used it without the original rights holder's permission.

It would be less of a bother to just compose new music for the game using staff on-hand that are remaking the older songs anyway.

The second reason is in the case Insomniac used the content illegally. It brings cause for legal action, and in the best case scenario, they would simply need to draw up a new license, except now the rights holder(s) have the new company in a position where they can ask for much more than they would have if the company just licensed the content legally to begin with. The worst case scenario is a huge fine and a cease and desist order on the entire project. At least, until they remove the content they don't have the rights to use. Just making new music would save them the hassle of months in court.

No matter how good the song is, there's always legal action to consider.
---
My tips for RP.
#63 Posted: 17:39:11 27/07/2010 | Topic Creator
maybe they purchsed rights to the song
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:39:31 27/07/2010 by spyro glitcher
#64 Posted: 02:45:19 28/07/2010
maybe they purchsed rights to the song

1: Depending on what legalities might have been involved, if any, there are some contracts with restrictions regarding the use of another person's/company's content. You might have to license the content again depending on who owns it. Provided it was licensed at all, that is. And since Insomniac no longer owns Spyro, the contract is considered void, since that contract was for them and that one game. Even if a remake were to be made, another company using it might have to license it again, or just plain license it if Insomniac used it without the original rights holder's permission.

It would be less of a bother to just compose new music for the game using staff on-hand that are remaking the older songs anyway.

That was why I posted this.
---
My tips for RP.
Eragon25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2019
#65 Posted: 02:46:03 28/07/2010
I have a better suggestion!

DON'T FRICKIN' REMAKE GOOD GAMES.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#66 Posted: 10:16:54 28/07/2010

Yes, it does. But it was still a remix of another song. I have 2 reasons for suggesting it be changed.

The second reason is in the case Insomniac used the content illegally. It brings cause for legal action, and in the best case scenario, they would simply need to draw up a new license, except now the rights holder(s) have the new company in a position where they can ask for much more than they would have if the company just licensed the content legally to begin with. The worst case scenario is a huge fine and a cease and desist order on the entire project. At least, until they remove the content they don't have the rights to use. Just making new music would save them the hassle of months in court.

Just to point out; Spyro was never owned by Insomniac Games. Universal Interactive Studios had the rights to the franchise at the time.
#67 Posted: 17:22:57 28/07/2010
Quote: InsomDog

Just to point out; Spyro was never owned by Insomniac Games. Universal Interactive Studios had the rights to the franchise at the time.

Good point, but Insomniac did own part of the rights. (I believe that they sold the rights to break away from Universal...?)

Either way, depending on what legalities were involved, it would just be less of a hassle to make a new song than license one that might have different rights holders now.
---
My tips for RP.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#68 Posted: 07:25:33 29/07/2010
A remake?
Well I would go to Insomniac, on my knees, begging this:
"PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE IT??? SIERRA WILL JUST MAKE IT REALLY BAD, PLEASE!"
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#69 Posted: 09:17:54 03/08/2010
@ Feather Dragon: fat chance
---
Keep smile
#70 Posted: 23:51:53 08/08/2010 | Topic Creator
i started my lp of spyro 2 rr
---
#71 Posted: 14:17:33 09/08/2010
Quote: matesds

You have no idea what you're talking about, you're just being a butthurt fanboy.
---
My tips for RP.
#72 Posted: 13:25:02 10/08/2010
Quote: matesds

You have no idea what you're talking about, you're just being a butthurt fanboy.

Thou are right, I know nothing, aside from that thou will drown in custard because thou don't know the law
---
Keep smile
#73 Posted: 23:45:46 17/08/2010 | Topic Creator
YOU SHOULD REALY WATCH MY LP @http://www.youtube.com/user/zaperzero
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#74 Posted: 23:57:16 17/08/2010
Oh great, just what we need... More spam...
#75 Posted: 21:27:49 17/12/2010 | Topic Creator
oh thanks
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me