Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Professor [CLOSED]
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#51 Posted: 17:29:36 19/04/2012
Quote: SpyroCool
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=30678&post=3044792
Mariofanstar[/url

Speaking of Sonic, is it true that he can't swim? smilie It's weird that he couldn't in his games but he's capable of swimming in the Mario & Sonic series. Go figure. smilie But still, my real-life friend and I can't stop laughing so hard about Sonic not being able to swim. smilie It's so hilarious, it hurts! smilie

Well actually, in the Mario and Sonic series, he uses a Life Jacket.

Also, doesn't the Professor say 'No' twice, not three times. I just wanted to point that out. I may be wrong.

Yeah, I just noticed. I guess he wears that to prevent himself from drowning.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
The Aecho Green Sparx Gems: 337
#52 Posted: 01:01:49 25/04/2012
My favorite quote is "Good news everyone!". Oh, wait, wrong Professor.
---
Dragonborn, Dragonborn, by his honor is sworn, To keep evil forever at bay!
#53 Posted: 11:43:12 25/04/2012
Quote: The Aecho
My favorite quote is "Good news everyone!". Oh, wait, wrong Professor.

Which Professor are you referring to? The only professors I know are: Professor Utonium from The Powerpuff Girls, The Professor from the good ol' Spyro series and Professor Elvin Gadd from the Mario series.
---
#54 Posted: 08:45:44 27/04/2012
I'm referring to Professor Hubert J. Fansworth from Futurama.
---
#55 Posted: 11:14:05 27/04/2012
I'm referring to Professor Hubert J. Fansworth from Futurama.

Never heard of him whatsoever.
---
#56 Posted: 01:03:46 29/04/2012
He's the old creepy guy with giant glasses from Futurama. People call him "the Professor".
---
#57 Posted: 12:38:31 29/04/2012
He's the old creepy guy with giant glasses from Futurama. People call him "the Professor".

Still never heard of him.
---
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#58 Posted: 12:22:55 30/04/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar
Quote: AshETERNAL

Which Spyro game are you referring to?

Spyro 3. If you tell MoneyBags 'no' for opening the bridge in Crystal Islands, he'll say "You shouldn't anger a magician, Spyro! I just might decide to turn you into a blue hedgehog or something..." When I heard it, I listened for hours using the voice cheat.

Speaking of Sonic, is it true that he can't swim? smilie It's weird that he couldn't in his games but he's capable of swimming in the Mario & Sonic series. Go figure. smilie But still, my real-life friend and I can't stop laughing so hard about Sonic not being able to swim. smilie It's so hilarious, it hurts! smilie

Yup. He can't swim. I'm an expert almost with Sonic. Yuji Naka (I think I spelled his name right) thought that hedgehogs couldn't swim when he made Sonic. The whole basis is really that Sonic's afraid of going in the water and not being able to get himself back out. I think I heard that Yuji Naka came up with that after watching a video of a real hedgehog falling into water and having to use a log to get out. He can swim in the Olimpics games since all the other characters can, and without the aquatics events, I'm sure fans would be mad. That's why he uses the life vest to help him float. And it IS hilarious that Sonic's not afraid of lava, or rolling stone wheels, or giant fish, or alligators, or even Dark Gaia, but he's afraid of water. Of all things a world renouned hero could be afraid of, Sonic's afraid of water?
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#59 Posted: 12:54:14 30/04/2012

Spyro 3. If you tell MoneyBags 'no' for opening the bridge in Crystal Islands, he'll say "You shouldn't anger a magician, Spyro! I just might decide to turn you into a blue hedgehog or something..." When I heard it, I listened for hours using the voice cheat.

Yup. He can't swim. I'm an expert almost with Sonic. Yuji Naka (I think I spelled his name right) thought that hedgehogs couldn't swim when he made Sonic. The whole basis is really that Sonic's afraid of going in the water and not being able to get himself back out. I think I heard that Yuji Naka came up with that after watching a video of a real hedgehog falling into water and having to use a log to get out. He can swim in the Olimpics games since all the other characters can, and without the aquatics events, I'm sure fans would be mad. That's why he uses the life vest to help him float. And it IS hilarious that Sonic's not afraid of lava, or rolling stone wheels, or giant fish, or alligators, or even Dark Gaia, but he's afraid of water. Of all things a world renouned hero could be afraid of, Sonic's afraid of water?

That's an embarrassing weakness! smilie I'm surprised Dr. Eggman never thought of using that to his advantage. *facepalms* Back then, Spyro couldn't swim even if he tried but now, he can swim underwater thanks to Moneybags. I can't swim either and I'm afraid of the water, maybe that's why I never swim these days. You think Mario and Kirby might have weaknesses too? Hunter seemed to have the same weakness as Sonic though.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#60 Posted: 17:46:52 30/04/2012

That's an embarrassing weakness! smilie I'm surprised Dr. Eggman never thought of using that to his advantage. *facepalms* Back then, Spyro couldn't swim even if he tried but now, he can swim underwater thanks to Moneybags. I can't swim either and I'm afraid of the water, maybe that's why I never swim these days. You think Mario and Kirby might have weaknesses too? Hunter seemed to have the same weakness as Sonic though.

Even though Hunter is scoober-diving in Aquria Towers with that manta ray? Lol.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#61 Posted: 00:09:46 01/05/2012

Oh, tell me about it! I share poor Sonic's fear of water. xD Yeah, proves how smart Eggman really is. Yeah. Spyro is an exeption. He was a baby dragon that was never taught to swim while Sonic is 15 and still cannot swim. xD Not sure baout Mario and Kirby since I don't like them. And Hunter does have the came weakness. But he's a kitty, so he's allowed to.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#62 Posted: 12:52:20 01/05/2012

Oh, tell me about it! I share poor Sonic's fear of water. xD Yeah, proves how smart Eggman really is. Yeah. Spyro is an exeption. He was a baby dragon that was never taught to swim while Sonic is 15 and still cannot swim. xD Not sure baout Mario and Kirby since I don't like them. And Hunter does have the came weakness. But he's a kitty, so he's allowed to.

If Dr. Robotnik is supposed to be a genius, I don't understand why he didn't use his brain to take advantage of Sonic's weakness when he had the chance? Oh, and don't be dissing on Mario and Kirby. smilie ]:-( They're two of my favourite video game heroes, alongside cute, li'l Spyro. I don't think he's a baby, he's more like a child... probably around about 10-years-old. Yeah, 'cause cats hate the water and they hate to get soaking wet.
---
#63 Posted: 04:01:17 04/05/2012

If Dr. Robotnik is supposed to be a genius, I don't understand why he didn't use his brain to take advantage of Sonic's weakness when he had the chance? Oh, and don't be dissing on Mario and Kirby. smilie ]:-( They're two of my favourite video game heroes, alongside cute, li'l Spyro. I don't think he's a baby, he's more like a child... probably around about 10-years-old. Yeah, 'cause cats hate the water and they hate to get soaking wet.

Yeah, Eggman's obviously not as smart as he claims to be... xD I'm not dissing Mario and Kirby, I just never liked them much, not even when I was 5. xD I'm just a hardcore Sonic fan. Yeah, Spyro seems more like a really smart, cocky ten year old. And I know very well how cats DO NOT like getting wet!! I've bathed a cat one time too many.
---
#64 Posted: 11:08:07 04/05/2012

Yeah, Eggman's obviously not as smart as he claims to be... xD I'm not dissing Mario and Kirby, I just never liked them much, not even when I was 5. xD I'm just a hardcore Sonic fan. Yeah, Spyro seems more like a really smart, cocky ten year old. And I know very well how cats DO NOT like getting wet!! I've bathed a cat one time too many.

Sheesh, some villains can be a bunch of idiots sometimes. smilie I'm a diehard Mario fanatic and I'm a Kirby fan too but I'm not too obsessed with him as much as Mario. Yeesh, you seriously don't know what you're missing! :-O Hmm... that makes Spyro a pre-teen. It's weird none of his enemies called him a brat though. smilie So, is trying to get your cat to take a bath annoying or not?
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#65 Posted: 18:06:49 04/05/2012
Interjecting to say that Sonic has no fear of water in the games. He does in Sonic X, but that isn't canon to the games, where he only can't swim.

...The professor, right. Nice chap, used to like him a lot more when I was younger but I do still enjoy his doo-dads.
---
Eh.
#66 Posted: 12:40:24 05/05/2012
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Interjecting to say that Sonic has no fear of water in the games. He does in Sonic X, but that isn't canon to the games, where he only can't swim.

...The professor, right. Nice chap, used to like him a lot more when I was younger but I do still enjoy his doo-dads.

I thought Sonic's afraid of the water?
---
ghostfury Gold Sparx Gems: 2099
#67 Posted: 09:29:35 06/05/2012
the professer is epic hes just very braindead like me
---
One man on a constantly moving trip through life
#68 Posted: 10:53:00 06/05/2012
Quote: ghostfury

He's probably forgetful or absent-minded. He once says Elora thinks he'll lose the orb so he gives it to Spyro.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#69 Posted: 14:41:59 06/05/2012

He's probably forgetful or absent-minded. He once says Elora thinks he'll lose the orb so he gives it to Spyro.

Lol, but Goonro might lose the orb too? And where exactly does he keep all this stuff? It just absorbs into the cuddly little draggy. smilie I just felt like putting that last part.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#70 Posted: 17:23:07 06/05/2012
I always felt like he was going to explode if he absorbed enough stuff. How does he handle all the the stuff he carries? LOL, who knows?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#71 Posted: 21:30:45 06/05/2012
Admittedly me and a bunch of friends would sit there saying it along with him until our parents were almost crying...
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
#72 Posted: 12:14:02 07/05/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Lol, but Goonro might lose the orb too? And where exactly does he keep all this stuff? It just absorbs into the cuddly little draggy. smilie I just felt like putting that last part.

Spyro once says he stuck the Glimmer talisman in the Guidebook but how can he? He has no opposeable thumbs. smilie I remember seeing some sketches relating to how he could carry orbs, talismans, gems etc on deviantART.
---
#73 Posted: 03:13:35 08/05/2012

Sheesh, some villains can be a bunch of idiots sometimes. smilie I'm a diehard Mario fanatic and I'm a Kirby fan too but I'm not too obsessed with him as much as Mario. Yeesh, you seriously don't know what you're missing! :-O Hmm... that makes Spyro a pre-teen. It's weird none of his enemies called him a brat though. smilie So, is trying to get your cat to take a bath annoying or not?

Yup. Villains are idiots. xD Lol I've tried playing Mario before, but I never got into it the way I got into Sonic. I like fast stuff. I've never really been able to try Kirby, but it doesn't seem too interesting. Yeah, it's weird no one calls Spyro a brat... And yeah, bathing a cat is very hard. I've bathed one of them by myself. It's not easy.
---
#74 Posted: 03:17:27 08/05/2012

Being me, I've juts gotta reply to ya. Sonic's fear of eater in never mentioned in that games, no. I think it's because Sonic's too proud to admit any weakness of his. His ego's too big. In Sonic X, they made Sonic a bit more open to his more soft and unprocected side, such as freaking out when he's in water, manipulating Amy and Tails and faking to be sick all in one episode, as well as actually crying in one episode.
Just my two cents there.
---
#75 Posted: 03:19:51 08/05/2012

Well, he never states it in the games himself. I think he's too proud to. Too big of an ego, he's got. xD But it was stated by his creator that's he's afraid. It's just never cannonly expressed by any character, probably because the only characters that many know other than Sonic himself is Tails, Amy since she stalks him, and possibly Knuckles, and there's never a reason to bring up Sonic's hydrophobia, so it goes mostly unknown by many fans.
Just more of my two cents...
---
#76 Posted: 14:00:36 08/05/2012

Yup. Villains are idiots. xD Lol I've tried playing Mario before, but I never got into it the way I got into Sonic. I like fast stuff. I've never really been able to try Kirby, but it doesn't seem too interesting. Yeah, it's weird no one calls Spyro a brat... And yeah, bathing a cat is very hard. I've bathed one of them by myself. It's not easy.

Bowser's no exception to be an idiot. smilie I've always prefered Mario and Kirby than Sonic. No offense but Sonic just zoned me out when I first played it. *snooze* Besides, Spyro's sorta a child so it should make sense that his enemies should call him a brat. Have you ever noticed that he never wondered where his parents are?
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#77 Posted: 17:23:37 08/05/2012

Well, he never states it in the games himself. I think he's too proud to. Too big of an ego, he's got. xD But it was stated by his creator that's he's afraid. It's just never cannonly expressed by any character, probably because the only characters that many know other than Sonic himself is Tails, Amy since she stalks him, and possibly Knuckles, and there's never a reason to bring up Sonic's hydrophobia, so it goes mostly unknown by many fans.

The creator has never said such a thing, he said that he made Sonic not able to swim because he thought hedgehogs couldn't swim.
---
Eh.
#78 Posted: 03:14:24 09/05/2012

Bowser's no exception to be an idiot. smilie I've always prefered Mario and Kirby than Sonic. No offense but Sonic just zoned me out when I first played it. *snooze* Besides, Spyro's sorta a child so it should make sense that his enemies should call him a brat. Have you ever noticed that he never wondered where his parents are?

I don't take offence on people not liking Sonic. And yeah, Bowser's at least not an idiot, that's true. Yeah... Where ARE Spyro's parents...?
---
#79 Posted: 03:16:26 09/05/2012

The creator has never said such a thing, he said that he made Sonic not able to swim because he thought hedgehogs couldn't swim.

Yeah. Yuji Naka thought that hedgehogs couldn't swim. I haven't read Sonic's wikipedia article in a few months, so I don't remember everything exactly, but I think it stated something about Yuji Naka later seeing a video of a hedgehog in the water and having to use a log to pull itself out, thus bringing the concept of Sonic being afraid that he wouldn't beable to get himself out.
---
#80 Posted: 13:14:55 09/05/2012

I don't take offence on people not liking Sonic. And yeah, Bowser's at least not an idiot, that's true. Yeah... Where ARE Spyro's parents...?

Bowser's usually an idiot 'cause he doesn't think things through before he acts. I think he leaves the thinking to either Kamek or Kammy Koopa (from the Paper Mario series). Yeah, I've been wondering about that too.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me