Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
REALLY ugly duckling [CLOSED]
Gondana Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#1 Posted: 15:02:44 13/01/2008 | Topic Creator
OMG Spyro is HIDIAS in New biginning! I mean hes so HIDIAS that I just wan't to take him out of his misery from being born into UGLY and HIDIAS and a face like something that came out of a Worlds-most-HIDIAS-dog-Contest! And the 1st time I saw him in this one I thought My god he's HIDIAS, And why is he so HIDIAS in this one any-way? Amd I know the moderater agreese with me becouse there are ZERO pictures ofthis spyro at all on this site, exept for the cover of the game but you can't help that. You do a close up on his face and it looks like hes going to puke, and thats what I feal like doing, And the reason the monkey in Danteis freezer runs away from him is becouse he's so HIDIAS!

Quote:
I've decided that the new Spyro isn't really ugly,

Hes just not as COOL as the original Spyro which was why I liked the original Spyro.

The new Spyro's cute, in a... weird.. sort of way, but he's not cool, infact hes very uncool. So really this thread is abut how UNCOOL Spyro is.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
I'll be back. (Will return in 2011)
Last edited at 02:20:46 20/01/2008 by Gondana
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#2 Posted: 16:46:40 13/01/2008
Not being a dragon how would you know if he is ugly for one his age?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 22:50:59 13/01/2008
I can't stand to read your post with the constant mis-spelling of the word hideous.

As far as baby dragons go, he's pretty cute. I mean, have you seen very many young animals? "Cute" is not a word you can use to describe them (except alligators; they're adorable when they're young smilie). And Gwenio is right: how do you know what the standards of beauty are in the LoS universe? For all we know, little Spyro is an Adonis to them.
thenewbiedragon Red Sparx Gems: 35
#4 Posted: 02:09:06 15/01/2008
Quote: Razz
I can't stand to read your post with the constant mis-spelling of the word hideous.

As far as baby dragons go, he's pretty cute. I mean, have you seen very many young animals? "Cute" is not a word you can use to describe them (except alligators; they're adorable when they're young smilie). And Gwenio is right: how do you know what the standards of beauty are in the LoS universe? For all we know, little Spyro is an Adonis to them.

amen to that. ;O
---
Sparx:i should go back to the swamp. Mom'll make it good....Mommy always does..!!

Random Dragonfly:Me too!!*cries*
Cynderlightlife Fodder
#5 Posted: 03:00:01 15/01/2008
Razz basicly said everything I was gonna say, and she's complety right. Just because Spyro isn't "Cynder Cute," as some people say, doesn't mean he's still not cute. Me and my friends had a giant discussion about the fact that everyone kept saying Spyro was ugly, and we game to the conclusion that, as Razz said, Spyro could be pretty "cute" compared to the other Male dragon-kids in the LoS world. Another thing I forgot to mention. I may sound a bit over-the-top with this, but it is a fact: It's very very EXTREMLY rare that I say anythings cute.
#6 Posted: 18:27:50 15/01/2008
Personally, I do think LoS Spyro is adorable, but it's not necessarily because of his looks. He's got a big heart and he's a sweet little guy, something that can't really be said of old-school Spyro (who was cool, but not particularly cute by my standards).
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#7 Posted: 20:13:36 15/01/2008
Spyro looks better in A New Beginning, "Gondana". How can you say something like that????!!!!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#8 Posted: 20:16:43 15/01/2008
His more dragon like in the new games.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#9 Posted: 22:30:38 15/01/2008
if u look closly at in-game old-school spyro it looks likes his brows have been detatched and are floating by his forehead. o.o

i think that if they made spyro look like the old spyro with the current graphics, it wouldn't look too pretty. :/

if they made him look like the old spyro they would have to use old graphics for ur satisfaction.They would also have to make the enemies "crunchy" looking.And Brrr i can picture crunchy looking enemies from LoS..>.<

Also they'd have to make his looks match the storyline and or surroundings.

Imagine this:

Place the ps1 spyro,in ANB

Now place ETD and AHT spyro in ANB.

does it look right? MY ANSWER?NOPE!(But this is just me.)
---
Sparx:i should go back to the swamp. Mom'll make it good....Mommy always does..!!

Last edited at 22:50:19 15/01/2008 by thenewbiedragon
#10 Posted: 05:32:34 16/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm not saying to put the dodjy graphicked Spyro in, but they didn't have to make him look THAT difrant, I mean there is no similarity between the original Spyro and the UGLY DUCKLING Spyro, other than his color, they just didn't need to make the new Spyro's face as wrinkly as it is, they could have made him look cute but NO they had to make him look realty weird, even by dragon standards.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
#11 Posted: 13:59:25 16/01/2008
You are thinking of the game cover then, as it the game his face is not wrinkled. Even on the cover it is because of his facial expresion.
#12 Posted: 14:20:02 16/01/2008 | Topic Creator
NO I am NOT talking about the game cover!
I have no idea where you got that idea.
---
#13 Posted: 17:13:57 16/01/2008
I think he looks normal. Sure, there are a few differences, but that's just because Spyro looks more detailed then the old games.
---
#14 Posted: 17:34:32 16/01/2008
Other than some select cutsences and the cover his face does not have wrinkles, so I have no idea why you think he has any that are not caused by facial expressions.
#15 Posted: 21:07:16 16/01/2008
Part of why Spyro looks so strange in the LoS series is because the people who designed him are actually going for realism. Spyro is combination of alligator, puppy, and lion. By themselves, those animals aren't the picture of beauty and grace when they're young, and combining them with a few cartoony embellishments makes it even stranger. He'll grow up to look better, but most young animals don't start out very pretty (ever seen a bird hatchling? Eugh.).
#16 Posted: 22:16:45 16/01/2008
Well I think he looks perfect the way he is.
---
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#17 Posted: 00:59:22 17/01/2008
Actually, I'm going to go with Razz here mostly.

Basically, the old-school design wasn't very realistic. Before you take out the torches and pitchforks, know that I mean by this that Spyro didn't felt very dragon-ish. In terms of overall structure, he felt (and moved) more like a dog with horns and wings than a reptile. Just look at the way he runs in the old-school games, for exemple.

The new Spyro is actually a lot closer to what a dragon should look like and has many points to emphasize it (such as Spyro's head actually being like that of a real reptile and his movements being akin to those of a lizard rather than to those of a dog).

I do admit that the new Spyro design is a lot less charismatic and gives a harsher first impression but it grew on me very quickly. The attention to detail on the new design is top-notch and the fact that he actually look and act like a dragon caused this design to grow on me... and well, ultimately, admit that Spyro (new style) does look cute.

That was my opinion.
Last edited at 01:04:07 17/01/2008 by Zerodius
#18 Posted: 03:07:36 17/01/2008 | Topic Creator
If you REALLY want to know why I think the new spyro looks ugly.

1. He looks like an old granny with her teeth sticking out. PEOPLE WITH NO TEETH AREN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE TEETH THATS THE NATURE OF HAVING NO TEETH.

2. Believe it or not, the original Spyro is about the same age as the new one. The new ones 7 the original ones 9, Thats two years diferants and when you consider that dragons live for 10,000 years then whoe thats a real big growth spurt.
---
#19 Posted: 04:14:16 17/01/2008
Not only are you insulting Spyro, but you are doing so on Appreciate a Dragon Day.
Now in reply to your post:
1. Dragons have teeth, that is part of being a carnivor.
2 They may have no connection, anouncement pending.
#20 Posted: 05:04:17 17/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm not insulting Spyro!

I'm spitting on the developers for making him ugly. Spyro's not meant to look like that.

And I believe that Spyro would agree with me.
---
Last edited at 05:05:06 17/01/2008 by Gondana
#21 Posted: 16:59:25 17/01/2008
He looks fine.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#22 Posted: 20:26:46 17/01/2008
Hes not ugly smilie
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#23 Posted: 20:48:50 17/01/2008
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Hes not ugly smilie

Exactly.
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#24 Posted: 21:18:37 17/01/2008
LOL, my friends and I were talking the other day, and we were talking about Spyro, and he never played AHT, so I told him about the whole Ember thing (remember when she said 'wouldn't it make a nice engagement ring???') Anyways, we all started laughing, and then he says, "Hey, but in a dragon's perspective, he must be really sexy." smilie smilie smilie smilie smilieThen we laughed even more! LOL, Spyro isn't ugly.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#25 Posted: 01:23:34 18/01/2008
How DO U WANT HIM TO LOOK WHEN HE IS YOUNGER?THE SAME AS HE WAS?WELL THEY HAD TO MAKE HIM THAT DIFFERENT!i'm not saying he's ugly though. he looks awesome.they made him look more serious.and there's nothing wrong with him.

Not saying that he's ugly but...
in STD, his nosed looked a little pinkish,in gtg/rr,his brows made him look always angry.In YoTD he always looked worried.(lol this is the best look.)
In ETD,Errgh...i don't know since i don't have the game. In AHT,his head was kind of too round, but overall in all the games i had, he looked sweet.

But in this game,the oh no expression(where his pupils grow small...) on his face always creeped me out,but he was pretty cool looking without it.

what i'm pointing out is that everything has a flaw in life.Accept it.sorrry if i offended u but i'm just telling the truth in my perspective spyro lovers who say he's not ugly since ever.my bad.(but hey must be perfect looking through some ones eyes..)

---

Last edited at 01:33:32 18/01/2008 by thenewbiedragon
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#26 Posted: 01:57:26 18/01/2008
LOVE your avvie, thenewbiedragon! It's from Neondragonart isn't it? It's Dolossus in the colour pink! smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#27 Posted: 05:25:10 18/01/2008
Ok, now it's changed...smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#28 Posted: 08:18:34 18/01/2008 | Topic Creator
Are you in the right thread Dragongyrl1000?

Anyway I just don't like the "New look" Because i like the "Original look"

I think its really Dr.Who syndrome, where every time they change what the character looks and acts like you hate him for a month but then you love him.

What I'm really afraid of is him looking like that 4ever. If he did then I'd probably break down.
---
Last edited at 08:25:25 18/01/2008 by Gondana
#29 Posted: 14:42:41 18/01/2008
i doubt that smilie
---

SpyroTheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 411
#30 Posted: 16:40:28 19/01/2008
Aw, come on he is not ugly. When I saw him the first time I thought that to, but that was just because he didn't look like he used to. now I like the new look alot, besides it is better than that really big overbite he had in for eksample STD. :-P
---
Well what can i say?! I'm a Spyro-gamer, and love every minute of it!!!...smilie
#31 Posted: 18:42:13 19/01/2008
Same with me!^ Yeah, when I first saw the new Spyro look, I thought he was ugly. But when I kept seing the new Spyro, I started to think he was ADORABLE! smilie Which he's cutest when he's sad....
---
#32 Posted: 02:19:30 20/01/2008 | Topic Creator
I've desighded that the new Spyro isn't really ugly,

Hes just not as COOL as the original Spyro which was why I liked the original Spyro.

The new Spyro's cute, in a... weird.. sort of way, but he's not cool, infact hes very uncool. So really this thread is abut how UNCOOL Spyro is.
---
#33 Posted: 03:02:15 20/01/2008
I think the new Spyro is more cool in my opinion. Cuz he does flips and melee attacks and fury attacks and can do those strong breath weapons...
---
#34 Posted: 03:05:55 20/01/2008
Yeah, but the nice people are uncool. smilie Real heroes can be dorks. Just think about doctors. smilie

But, yeah. The original Spyro certainly had coolness on his side.
#35 Posted: 03:29:34 20/01/2008
LOL^ Yeah...
---
Denri Green Sparx Gems: 269
#36 Posted: 02:05:03 05/02/2008
Quote: thenewbiedragon
Quote: Razz

amen to that. ;O

AGREED 100%

I don't like old spyro's "Moehawk" It makes him look stupid. smilie;
---
RAWR! I have ADHD. *cough42cough*
My Gallery: Click!
Dragons:Click!
Last edited at 02:05:49 05/02/2008 by Denri
Icile Red Sparx Gems: 15
#37 Posted: 05:58:25 15/02/2008
Spyro's not Ugly!
---
Name:N/A.
Note:I'm SD-King,It's Just that I can't Go On My Other Account.
SPYROLUVR236 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#38 Posted: 00:58:13 22/02/2008
Spyro's not Ugly! Quote by Icile.

I agree! I think Spyro looks a lot better in the legend games.
---
Spyro
ignitus Ripto Gems: 311
#39 Posted: 15:49:26 22/02/2008
Quote: Gondana

1. He looks like an old granny with her teeth sticking out. PEOPLE WITH NO TEETH AREN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE TEETH THATS THE NATURE OF HAVING NO TEETH.

2. Believe it or not, the original Spyro is about the same age as the new one. The new ones 7 the original ones 9, Thats two years diferants and when you consider that dragons live for 10,000 years then whoe thats a real big growth spurt.

Gondana you cant juge a book by its cover! That means that you cant juge spyro by his looks! Spyro is Spyro and thats how its gonna stay.
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#40 Posted: 12:40:35 27/02/2008
New Spyro looks ugly, i agree.
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#41 Posted: 13:50:24 27/02/2008
I think he looks pretty uly on the cover,I agree.But in the game,he (sometimes)isn't so ugly after all. smilie
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#42 Posted: 13:53:16 27/02/2008
Quote: ignitus

Gondana you cant juge a book by its cover! That means that you cant juge spyro by his looks! Spyro is Spyro and thats how its gonna stay.

LOL Gondana,you have a good point!That was hilarious about the old granny part! smilie smilie
dark_fury912 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3836
#43 Posted: 21:26:38 01/04/2008
I rather say that the new face of spyro is really cute,and the
original one looks like a disaster.
---
Catchphrase~
SpyroandCynder Red Sparx Gems: 46
#44 Posted: 22:07:53 01/04/2008
OMG Spyro is HIDIAS in New biginning! I mean hes so HIDIAS that I just wan't to take him out of his misery from being born into UGLY and HIDIAS and a face like something that came out of a Worlds-most-HIDIAS-dog-Contest! And the 1st time I saw him in this one I thought My god he's HIDIAS, And why is he so HIDIAS in this one any-way? Amd I know the moderater agreese with me becouse there are ZERO pictures ofthis spyro at all on this site, exept for the cover of the game but you can't help that. You do a close up on his face and it looks like hes going to puke, and thats what I feal like doing, And the reason the monkey in Danteis freezer runs away from him is becouse he's so HIDIAS!

Quote:
I've decided that the new Spyro isn't really ugly,

I actually like Spyro's looks better in ANB and TEN than before.
---
The best things in life are "PURPLE" Cut and paste this if you love smilie
smilie It is time to unleash the true dragon within you!smilie
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#45 Posted: 01:07:44 02/04/2008
meh, he's all right but I think I like the old Spyro a smidgen better
---
I is ded
#46 Posted: 01:59:01 02/04/2008
I think he's cute, especially after spending all that time with the baby alligators we have at work. He reminds me of them. smilie
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#47 Posted: 18:29:05 02/04/2008
baby alligators?
---
I is ded
dark_fury912 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3836
#48 Posted: 08:25:46 03/04/2008
Sorry that i'm being rude.
---
Catchphrase~
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#49 Posted: 11:29:39 03/04/2008
wot 4??
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#50 Posted: 02:02:25 04/04/2008
Yes, baby alligators. My job rocks. smilie And Spyro has the overbite, general face and mouth expression, leg proportions and body style of an alligator.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me