Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Glitches, anyone???? [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#51 Posted: 20:42:11 03/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the triple post (even though the days I posted are days apart from each other), but if you would like to find some new/classic glitches, I am designing a glitch guide for this game. I've already written glitches for Glimmer, Summer Forest, Idol Springs, and Colossus.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
BruceWayne80s Gnorc Gems: 52
#52 Posted: 16:45:29 07/03/2008
like man, you type a lot. I want to type a lot today. smilie
Last edited at 17:06:33 07/03/2008 by BruceWayne80s
#53 Posted: 17:06:25 07/03/2008 | Topic Creator
I found 2 new glitches on my own goofing around on this game. The first glitch was when the entire world of Sunny Beach seemed to dim unexpectedly. I was doing the swimming glitch my way (the method where you jump on top of the edge of the chef's area challenge, turning around toward the chef, and jumping down through the small hole-like area, and gliding all the way to the little section of water to the far-left area and head-bashing in it to make the swimming glitch activate), the camera seemed to get stuck behind the rock face. I tried to get it unstuck by moving, but it just stayed like that for 15-20 seconds. Then, after the camera got unstuck, the entire background of Sunny Beach had seemed to dim for some reason. The entire world seemed to have gone dark for some weird reason. The second glitch I found was getting out of Canyon Speedway. The way I did this was I went to the location where the flying vultures (right next to Hunter's Challenge). Then, I flew up as high as I could. As I flew up this high, I noticed a small little cliff-like area that looked small enough for Spyro to get over. I flew over to this area and hovered, all the while pushing forward on the Analog Stick/D-Pad. Somehow, out of shear luck, I got over!!!! I then rapidly pressed X to make sure I wouldn't fall, and I was able to fly outside of the level. I tried this glitch again, to make sure it would work, and it still worked!!!! Try out these awesome glitches!!!!
---
#54 Posted: 20:12:55 12/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Another glitch I personally found. Okay, first go into Crush's Dungeon. Jump up along the boundries of the level (explained about how to get up here in post #30). Now head torward the area where Ripto is. Now get as close as you can toward the wall, and hold down the L1, L2, R1, or R2 button to cause the camera to go to the right. The camera should start to drift to the right, and stop at the edge of a wall. Now as the camera is stuck behind here, you should be able to see Spyro's head in one section of the wall. (You may need to move Spyro a bit to actually see him.) Now, hold down the Triangle Button to zoom in. After a few seconds, the camera should immediately end up behind Spyro. You can now go around this area without having the camera constantly trying to position itself at Crush.
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#55 Posted: 10:24:17 29/05/2008
I can never find any gliches! But I will try all this gliches! smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#56 Posted: 10:28:37 29/05/2008
Soooooooo many glitches!!!! smilie I well try them all whan I get the time. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Last edited at 12:25:21 29/05/2008 by Cynder_543
Dark Sparks Fodder
#57 Posted: 10:30:35 29/05/2008
Cool!!!! smilie I well try all of this glitches!
#58 Posted: 12:23:19 29/05/2008
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
This time I found this glitch online off of Youtube. It's an invisibility glitch in this game. Yup, I'm not mistaking this game for Spyro 1: The Dragon OR Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon. There is an invinsibility glitch in this game. Okay, let's get down to business. Okay, first go to the level Magma Cove. Then, once you are there, get on the outer perimeter of the area. (Note: This requires a Double Jump move and can be preformed almost anywhere.) Once you're on top of the level, walk along the edge until you reach the area just above the elevator that requires you to "supposedly" pay Moneybags to use the elevator to get into to the lava area with the volcano. Once there, double jump onto that little cropping on the edge of the area. Then, double jump again to land on top of the building. (It takes practice, but you should eventually make it.) Carefully walk to the very edge of that "roof" (get as close as you can to the edge, because distance the less distance to glide to get there, the better), then double jump and glide toward the volcano. (Side Note: Occasionally, as you are gliding, you may start falling once you go through that wall into the volcano area. Just make sure to press X at that point to continue gliding forward while going through that wall and you should continue gliding.) Now, right as you approach the volcano, position yourself whilst gliding toward that little bit of lava on top of the volcano. Hover at the right moment, and the little cutscene will start to roll showing you the lid of the volcano shutting. Now, while this is going on, make sure to stay on the little lava part there the whole time. After the cutscene ends, you should have died and have respawn at the last placed you got zapped. Instead, Spyro is still alive!!!! The guy will go on about how grateful he is you shut the lid on the volcano, and give you the talisman. Immediately after he says this, leave the level. Now you can explore throughout the game as Spyro while he is invinsible!!!! You can swim underneath all of the Speedways, walk under any water in the game (be careful to look before you jump into any water because if you jump into any water that Spyro can't get out of, your stuck for good and will have to restart the entire system because you can't pause the game whilst in glitch mode), etc. Have fun exploring!!!! Remember: I DID NOT FIND THIS GLITCH MYSELF. I'm just telling you guys so that you can do the glitch. If you want to do a glitch video about it, make sure to NOT mention my name.

I am now trying this glich but I don't get some of it! What is this cropping thing and were is this building? Can you please try and xplain this to bits a bit more SpyroGamer2008?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#59 Posted: 17:10:00 29/05/2008 | Topic Creator
The "cropping" of land I'm talking about are basically the flat tops of the side-like walls on the building when you are on top of the boundary wall. (This building is the same one in which takes you to the elevator-like area where you would normally pay Moneybags to use the elevator to get down to the center of the volcano.)
---
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#60 Posted: 21:42:25 29/05/2008
Ok, i have a glitch that lets u skip ALL of Summer Forest and go straight to defeating Crush...

first, use the cheat that gives u all of the "powers"
(circle, circle, circle, circle, square)

next, go to the very first stream at the beginning
then go to the part that u can dive into.

go up to an edge (i usually use the one that is on Spyro's left as he exits the stream) and push upward on the analog stick as u press the square button to dive.

after a few tries the glitch should set in

NOTE: if this doesn't work immediately dont give up

the next part is pretty obvious:

whatever u do DONT touch any of the water and try not to talk to anybody, cuz i dont know if it destroys my glitch or not....

okay, then u can "swim" to the other side of Summer Forest.

When u see the big shadowy pipe, GO IN
this will take u to the battle against Crush

i am not sure if this will work for Gateway to Glimmer, i have Ripto's rage
#61 Posted: 21:44:51 29/05/2008
another glitch:

in Breeze Harbor u can perform a swim in the air glitch: at the part with the steps u can repeatedly dive on the edge and "swim" in the air.

this wil let u go up on the gear collecting track as well

NOTE: do not try these in Autumn Plains, u will get the walk under water glitch and then u have to reset the console, cuz it no worky!
#62 Posted: 06:22:55 30/05/2008
The "cropping" of land I'm talking about are basically the flat tops of the side-like walls on the building when you are on top of the boundary wall. (This building is the same one in which takes you to the elevator-like area where you would normally pay Moneybags to use the elevator to get down to the center of the volcano.)

Ok, so I know what the cropping is, so what is the building your talking about?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#63 Posted: 19:36:56 30/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, the "building" I am talking about is the place where Moneybags is where he offers you the elevator ride down into the volcano. It's kind of right behind the volcano-like structure that leads you into Hunter's Challenge with collecting green-like crystals.
---
#64 Posted: 22:53:32 30/05/2008
So the building is the place were hunter is? If so, then how am I suppost to get to the vocano from there?

Sorry if i'm making this to dificult for you. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#65 Posted: 00:49:26 31/05/2008
on my breeze harbor glitch:
the part with the steps is where u flame the wood and make the water rise, then on the side that u enter in, u go up to the step that u could walk on if u swam too close, and then repeatedly press square until u r swimming on the step and then u can swim in the air and even collect gears from the track
Spyrogon Emerald Sparx Gems: 4280
#66 Posted: 04:58:59 31/05/2008
Quote: IamCynder
another glitch:

in Breeze Harbor u can perform a swim in the air glitch: at the part with the steps u can repeatedly dive on the edge and "swim" in the air.

That's probably one of the oldest Spyro 2 glitches ever found.
---
I have such an uncreative username.
#67 Posted: 23:48:31 01/06/2008
well, sheesh i was just trying to be helpful.......
#68 Posted: 15:33:16 02/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder_543
So the building is the place were hunter is? If so, then how am I suppost to get to the vocano from there?

Sorry if i'm making this to dificult for you. smilie

No, the building is behind Hunter's building. And to get to the volcano from there, simply jump up to the top of the building where Moneybags is and turn around so that you are facing the way where you would normally go toward the elevator. Here you can see the volcano. Now, to get to it, edge Spyro as close as you can toward the edge of the building, then activate Spyro's Double-Jump technique and glide toward the volcano. This part is the hardest to perform because sometimes when you enter this area, Spyro will sometimes unexpectedly stop his glide and fall. But, if you're persistant, you should be able to glide through this area without disrupting your glide. Now, while gliding toward the volcano, you should be able to see the lava that is immediately on top of the volcano. Aim Spyro (while gliding) toward this lava so that Spyro will get hit by it. (Make sure you have at least a Blue Sparx "health bar".) Now, the cutscene where the volcano is being closed should start, all the while Spyro is being hurt and "dying". The cutscene should end just as you are about to trigger the dying sequence. You will then end up immediately in front of the dude who gives you the talisman in the level, still alive. You are now invinsible, and can go pretty much anywhere throughout Avalor while this glitch is active. (But a word of advice, don't attempt to jump into any water-like areas because sometimes you'll get stuck underneath the water line-since Spyro can't swim in invinsibility glitch mode, and you'll have to restart your PS1/PS2 system in order to undo the glitch. You can't pause while in invinsibility glitch mode either.) If you're still confused to what the glitch does, I'll supply you with a video of someone on Youtube performing this glitch in a little bit (since I'm still trying to look for it).
---
#69 Posted: 08:03:31 03/06/2008
Oh ok thanx SpyroGamer2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
chosen4566 Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#70 Posted: 23:31:11 19/12/2008
This time I found this glitch online off of Youtube. It's an invisibility glitch in this game. Yup, I'm not mistaking this game for Spyro 1: The Dragon OR Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon. There is an invinsibility glitch in this game. Okay, let's get down to business. Okay, first go to the level Magma Cove. Then, once you are there, get on the outer perimeter of the area. (Note: This requires a Double Jump move and can be preformed almost anywhere.) Once you're on top of the level, walk along the edge until you reach the area just above the elevator that requires you to "supposedly" pay Moneybags to use the elevator to get into to the lava area with the volcano. Once there, double jump onto that little cropping on the edge of the area. Then, double jump again to land on top of the building. (It takes practice, but you should eventually make it.) Carefully walk to the very edge of that "roof" (get as close as you can to the edge, because distance the less distance to glide to get there, the better), then double jump and glide toward the volcano. (Side Note: Occasionally, as you are gliding, you may start falling once you go through that wall into the volcano area. Just make sure to press X at that point to continue gliding forward while going through that wall and you should continue gliding.) Now, right as you approach the volcano, position yourself whilst gliding toward that little bit of lava on top of the volcano. Hover at the right moment, and the little cutscene will start to roll showing you the lid of the volcano shutting. Now, while this is going on, make sure to stay on the little lava part there the whole time. After the cutscene ends, you should have died and have respawn at the last placed you got zapped. Instead, Spyro is still alive!!!! The guy will go on about how grateful he is you shut the lid on the volcano, and give you the talisman. Immediately after he says this, leave the level. Now you can explore throughout the game as Spyro while he is invinsible!!!! You can swim underneath all of the Speedways, walk under any water in the game (be careful to look before you jump into any water because if you jump into any water that Spyro can't get out of, your stuck for good and will have to restart the entire system because you can't pause the game whilst in glitch mode), etc. Have fun exploring!!!! Remember: I DID NOT FIND THIS GLITCH MYSELF. I'm just telling you guys so that you can do the glitch. If you want to do a glitch video about it, make sure to NOT mention my name.

i wish i can do this glitch but on the demo for this game but when you go through the portal it doesn't show a cutscene
Jferry90 Red Sparx Gems: 15
#71 Posted: 20:34:55 19/01/2009
In Summer.... something on the high up balcony if you glide off it left you'll land on the mountain wall and you will see Autumn Plains!
#72 Posted: 20:20:57 31/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jferry90
In Summer.... something on the high up balcony if you glide off it left you'll land on the mountain wall and you will see Autumn Plains!

Is the platform (balcony) that you're referring to in Summer Forest, Jferry90, the one where you obtain that orb? Or are you referring to something else. The reason why I'm saying this is because I believe that if you are referring to that one particular spot that I mentioned is because when you try to land on these hills, you instead go right through the hills. (I'm probably the one, however, who's mistaken on this particular location.)
---
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#73 Posted: 00:42:41 21/01/2010
i found invinsebul+swim glitch=super swim glitch
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
#74 Posted: 01:13:01 25/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Could you tell me how to do that Invisibility Glitch, spyro glitcher? I'm a fellow glitcher, and would be highly eager to hear how to perform some new ones. (Especially for Spyro 2, since I'm making a guide for it.)

Note: If you tell me how to perform the glitch, I will not steal credit from you, and will mark it as your find if you want.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me