Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro 3D [CLOSED] > is there ever going to be a spyro movie?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
is there ever going to be a spyro movie? [CLOSED]
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#1 Posted: 02:17:52 16/04/2010 | Topic Creator
i realy want to know if there will ever be a spyro movie. maby after they get bored w/ making the games? i dont realy know but i would like to find out.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 02:22:12 16/04/2010
No, they already confirmed that they cancelled the Spyro movie. I doubt they'll try and make one. Usually movies based off of video games never turn out good.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 07:12:46 16/04/2010
It was cancelled 2 years ago (We weren't notified) and it's not likely they'll ever make one.
ShayminSky Ripto Gems: 943
#4 Posted: 08:02:53 16/04/2010
Video-Game Movies make the main character All-Powerful.
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5229
#5 Posted: 18:47:49 16/04/2010
I'm still a little disapointed that it was cancelled, but maybe in the future they'll consider making one.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#6 Posted: 19:11:07 16/04/2010
No, sadly. smilie There's no movie.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#7 Posted: 19:17:30 16/04/2010
No sir.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#8 Posted: 20:32:14 16/04/2010
Nope. If they cancelled this movie I would not have hopes for a new one:/
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 00:29:18 17/04/2010
Quote: spyro16
i realy want to know if there will ever be a spyro movie. maby after they get bored w/ making the games? i dont realy know but i would like to find out.

You are the slowest person I know...

Quote: GamingMaster_76
It was cancelled 2 years ago (We weren't notified) and it's not likely they'll ever make one.

Canceled 2 years ago? No... It was only announced 2 years ago, it was a few months ago that Activision stopped funding it...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:17 17/04/2010 by bionicle2809
#10 Posted: 01:06:40 17/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809

Canceled 2 years ago? No... It was only announced 2 years ago, it was a few months ago that Activision stopped funding it...

well i guess that they will make more games then........thats awsome even though i was kinda looking forward to te movie.
---
Slendy's Shadow
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#11 Posted: 01:55:57 17/04/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

Started three years ago (or the rights to make it were purchased then), and Activision refused to let them get an extention at some point.
#12 Posted: 03:27:37 17/04/2010
i dunno. TBH, i didn't know about the movie 3/4 years ago. but yeah, i'dve guessed you knew what i meant...
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#13 Posted: 08:41:01 17/04/2010
When they get bored with Spyro, they'll sell him off to another company, just like before.

Also, I don't doubt that Spyro will eventually be in a movie. Just can't say when.
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#14 Posted: 21:10:47 18/04/2010

You never know. For all we know, someone in the world, or even someone in this very forum, could eventually join a company owning the rights to Spyro, convince them to make another movie, make the movie all the way through, and then publish it for all to see. I know it's a long shot, but who knows? The future is unwritten. Remember what Neil Armstrong said? He said something along the lines of: "The person to be the first human on Mars might be somebody growing up right now."

(Note: Please don't quote me for Neil Armstrong's exact words. I'm just using them as a reference to make a point.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#15 Posted: 21:46:10 18/04/2010
@SpyroGamer2008: What are you talking about? Lol. That just went right through me.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Free Bird Ripto Gems: 602
#16 Posted: 23:36:30 18/04/2010
I get ya SpyroGamer2008. SuperSpyroFan, he's trying to say that it could be possible that they might try making the movie again with a different company in the future. And like SpyroGamer2008 said, "The future is unwritten".
Free Bird Ripto Gems: 602
#17 Posted: 23:48:21 18/04/2010
It could also be possible that there will never be a Spyro movie in the future.
#18 Posted: 09:37:13 19/04/2010
@ Free Bird: I don't want a Spyro movie to ever be possible, smilie.
---
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#19 Posted: 13:44:57 19/04/2010
I think a good name for the next game should be "Destiny of Spyro: Through the Darkness". Even though the "Legend of Spyro" troligy was quick, well, they have grown up. So maybe it's time to start a new troligy.
#20 Posted: 13:51:52 19/04/2010
^ No, please, nothing to do with darkness. I have had enough of depressing annoying rubbish.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:30 19/04/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#21 Posted: 13:54:19 19/04/2010
Well, okay, I just think its perfect. But, meh. Lol.
#22 Posted: 13:55:18 19/04/2010
Yeah, but haven't we had enougn of this darkness stuff now? Why not something that's happy for once and not so serious all the time?
---
#23 Posted: 13:59:07 19/04/2010
Yeah, and with something with a first level tutorial. That's in none of the Spyro games, right?
#24 Posted: 14:03:00 19/04/2010
Why do you we need a tutorial level for Spyro? Unless the gameplay changes completly.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#25 Posted: 17:54:26 19/04/2010
Quote: ElectricDragons
I think a good name for the next game should be "Destiny of Spyro: Through the Darkness". Even though the "Legend of Spyro" troligy was quick, well, they have grown up. So maybe it's time to start a new troligy.

Isn't Bionicle doing that...?
#26 Posted: 18:02:01 19/04/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Quote: ElectricDragons

Isn't Bionicle doing that...?

Yeah, ElectricDragons wasn't really sly with that post...
#27 Posted: 03:33:16 20/04/2010 | Topic Creator
i think that the new game should be another TLoS game like "The Legend of Spyro Age of Destiny"......i think that sounds pretty cool dont ya think.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#28 Posted: 05:17:20 20/04/2010
i think that the new game should be another TLoS game like "The Legend of Spyro Age of Destiny"......i think that sounds pretty cool dont ya think.

And that wasn't sly either...
#29 Posted: 15:41:38 20/04/2010
@ spyro16: I didn't like the TLOS series very much, so to me, in my opinion, it doesn't sound cool.
---
#30 Posted: 19:13:10 20/04/2010
The next game wouldn't called TLoS anyway. It's name for the trilogy, not the name after the trilogy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#31 Posted: 19:14:15 20/04/2010
@ Aura24: Yep, you have a good point.
---
#32 Posted: 19:15:00 20/04/2010
If it was going to be set in the LoS universe, the game's title would just have "Spyro:" and a title that suits the game's plot.
---
#33 Posted: 19:18:45 20/04/2010
Apart from the first game which was just called "Spyro the Dragon"
---
#34 Posted: 02:26:15 23/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
@ spyro16: I didn't like the TLOS series very much, so to me, in my opinion, it doesn't sound cool.

come to think of it your actually rite cause im kinda getting boared
w/ some of them like ANB.....that ones getting kinda.....i dont even know how to explain but you are rite.
---
Slendy's Shadow
#35 Posted: 06:53:41 23/04/2010

w/ some of them like ANB.....that ones getting kinda.....i dont even know how to explain but you are rite.

This is what the TLOS games are like to me:

ANB = Boring
TEN = Too hard
DOTD = A bit cheesy and corny
---
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#36 Posted: 22:51:57 23/04/2010
ANB was kinda fun, I've never played DOTD, and TEN was too hard for sure.

I'd like to see a game based on Sheila. Although, that's just because she's my favorite character.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#37 Posted: 03:52:59 24/04/2010 | Topic Creator

ANB = Boring
TEN = Too hard

TEN is actually pretty hard but after you play it a couple times over again then it gets pretty easy.......unless you never beat it before then it could be a chalenge

ANB i will agree is pretty boring.(espeacialy if you played it a million times).

DotD is actually kinda.......well.....i guess even i can call it cheesy because of the weird looking enemies and elite enemies.(in my oppinion). i dont know why but i just think that DotD is my least favourite of the three TLoS games. smilie
---
Slendy's Shadow
#38 Posted: 03:59:04 24/04/2010

ANB = Boring
TEN = Too hard

TEN is actually pretty hard but after you play it a couple times over again then it gets pretty easy.......unless you never beat it before then it could be a chalenge

ANB i will agree is pretty boring.(espeacialy if you played it a million times).

DotD is actually kinda.......well.....i guess even i can call it cheesy because of the weird looking enemies and elite enemies.(in my oppinion). i dont know why but i just think that DotD is my least favourite of the three TLoS games. smilie

ANB was a little boring and repetitive but I still enjoyed it.
TEN was very hard, but it's a good challenge. The most annoying things about it are Skabb, Gaul, and the Ravage Rider. It was also less repetitive, had a better storyline, and was overall more enjoyable.
DoTD was a wreck. The gameplay wasn't too bad but the storyline was horrible. Too many plotholes, to cliche, and not really interesting; also too easy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:59:36 24/04/2010 by GamingMaster_76
#39 Posted: 05:14:46 24/04/2010 | Topic Creator

ANB = Boring
TEN = Too hard

TEN was very hard, but it's a good challenge. The most annoying things about it are Skabb, Gaul, and the Ravage Rider. It was also less repetitive, had a better storyline, and was overall more enjoyable.
DoTD was a wreck. The gameplay wasn't too bad but the storyline was horrible. Too many plotholes, to cliche, and not really interesting; also too easy.

i agree to everything.....espeacially to TEN.
---
Slendy's Shadow
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#40 Posted: 06:06:27 24/04/2010

i agree to everything.....espeacially to TEN.

I agree for sure. Those descriptions sound perfect to each game. Although, I've never played DotD... So I'm not certain about that one.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#41 Posted: 06:23:42 24/04/2010
Stop lying, jamieque. You're only talking about your FAN-MADE spyro movies, so don't try to convince anyone that there is an official movie about Spyro.
---
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#42 Posted: 06:40:28 24/04/2010
Quote: Aura24
Stop lying, jamieque. You're only talking about your FAN-MADE spyro movies, so don't try to convince anyone that there is an official movie about Spyro.

Call me a liar if you want but I promise you be apologizing soon enough... And by the way from the way things are looking for the franchise as a whole at the moment my so-called FAN-MADE Spyro films maybe the only thing to look forward too for quite some time to come. So don't be rude to someone who is working his ass off to give the fan base something to enjoy.

I would have thought people would be able to at least support a fan-made project instead of being so damn critical. If you are not going to support what I am trying to do then don't comment on it... okay.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:36 24/04/2010 by jamieque
#43 Posted: 06:42:00 24/04/2010
There IS the next game to be looking forward to, not just your movie.
---
#44 Posted: 06:46:33 24/04/2010
Quote: jamieque
If you are not going to support what I am trying to do then don't comment on it... okay.

Oh, so you're only going to let people be HAPPY ABOUT IT? People have OTHER opinions, too, YOU KNOW!
#45 Posted: 07:11:35 24/04/2010
There IS the next game to be looking forward to, not just your movie.

Really... (Looks around) Funny, I don't see any info or details about the next game to come and considering the fact that Chris Wilson is gone and Mike himself could be axed next by the current owners of Spyro I think I little purple dragon is deep trouble. I don't mind be optimistic when there is reason to be optimistic but so far what I see going on with the Spyro franchise has left me rather doubtful. Time to get realistic, the franchise is in trouble and we, the fan base in part are partially to blame for this happening. We are so divided and conflicted that we can't even stand united to support the franchise. Everyone has been bickering about which version of Spyro is the best and in truth both versions are flawed.

The flaws have never been addressed or dealt with and that is the mistake the multiple owners of Spyro has made over the years. The franchise needs to have a main focus, one MAIN focus as in one storyline not the TWO that we currently have.

That is why my LOA films will feature a new storyline that takes the best parts of Legend of Spyro and combines it with the best of the Insomniac Games Spyro to make something that will truly be different and at the same time familiar. My project is not making the same mistake by rebooting the franchise again... nope... this time it is more RE-IMAGINING of the Spyro universe using elements of both versions of Spyro to act as a foundation for the new storyline. So before you start playing the doubt me game you may want to think about it first. I have been working on these films non-stop for the last 3+ years. This project isn't being rushed or just thrown together. Legend of Spyro was rushed into production to capitalize on Spyro's 10th birthday/
anniversary and that is why those games were so flawed and short on re-playability. I respect what Chris and Mike did with Legend and that is why my films will use parts of their ideas in my film but the whole focus of the LOA films is to look forward not backwards.

The films will be rated PG due to the more serious plot and actual *gasp* character development that has been rarely seen in either version of the Spyro game universes. Characters will be treated with respect and so will their creators who I will pay honor to with the epic scope the films will cover. The true key to making these films successful is to make them interesting enough that fans on both sides of the divide will stop fighting with each other and start to working together for a common goal: SAVING OUR BELOVED PURPLE DRAGON! Because if we don't unite and stand strong in the face of Activision's control then Spyro is finished. And that my dear is being REALISTIC!
#46 Posted: 07:14:59 24/04/2010
If you think both versions of Spyro are flawed, Then you aren't a true Spyro fan.
#47 Posted: 07:27:36 24/04/2010
Quote: jamieque
If you are not going to support what I am trying to do then don't comment on it... okay.

Oh, so you're only going to let people be HAPPY ABOUT IT? People have OTHER opinions, too, YOU KNOW!

Look, you can either be happy or not. It is your choice but that will not stop the production of the LOA films. They will be made and that decision is already final. I hope the fans like it and that is all I can say. I will do my best to make the films look amazing and the story have emotional depth. But it is time to wake up and get realistic... the franchise is in trouble... AGAIN! Oh wait, scratch that, Spyro has been in trouble since Insomniac Games walked out on him. Chris and Mike tried and succeed somewhat in keeping Spyro alive but that is all. The LoS trilogy itself suffered from plot line issues and a rushed production schedule that had a negative affect on the development of the whole trilogy. The character development was badly handled, the history of the new universe barely touch upon and don't get me started about Malefor.

Zeromus will be much better villain then Malefor ever was because I am taking the time to flesh him out to be more then just a two dimensional villain. I don't blame Chris or Mike for how Legend of Spyro turned out in the end. I blame Sierra for not giving them more time and money to craft a longer, more enjoyable gaming experience.
#48 Posted: 07:29:07 24/04/2010
Insomniac didn't walk out on him. They were only entitled to making three games.
#49 Posted: 07:32:11 24/04/2010
If you think both versions of Spyro are flawed, Then you aren't a true Spyro fan.

Well, that is your OPINION. And I have a right to my own and yes both versions had their flaws and yes I am TRUE Spyro fan. If I wasn't a TRUE fan I would just give up on making the LOA films and focus on something else. Please examine all the facts before making such flawed assumption or comment.
#50 Posted: 07:34:27 24/04/2010
As usual, nobody understands what I'm saying. If you want to advertize your movie so much go make a topic for it.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me