Page 1 of 1
Stupid Reviews... [CLOSED]
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#1 Posted: 14:27:01 27/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Well, it's obvious game reviewers only care about "big" games like Halo or Bioshock. Look at IGN, and they were my most trusted source!
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/830/830708p1.htm
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#2 Posted: 15:56:05 27/10/2007
I already made a giant concern about this at the Sierra forums as well. Assuming the Wii version hasn't been approahced yet we can only assume that that won't get the same kind of score.

But still, it' silly to slate a game completely on the count of its controls, when everything else seemed AOK. I said it there and I'll say it again - it's like getting eliminated from American Idol just because you can't dance. smilie
#3 Posted: 16:03:56 27/10/2007 | Topic Creator
What's this bad framerate everyone is talking about? It seems just like ANB, and their were no major problems with the camera, even though I have yet to play the game. The Wii will most likely get a better score, ie controls and such.
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#4 Posted: 16:08:40 27/10/2007
for me, i don't listen to any reviews by IGN or Gamespot, to them, if it doesn't have gore or other T and M rated things in it its boring, just about ANY of my games, (including the zoo tycoon 2 series) have gotten a bad rating by the site, then the ppl give it a rating of at least 1 point higher. so obviously, they are better than the sites are giving them credit for
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Michael Yellow Sparx Gems: 1326
#5 Posted: 19:16:00 27/10/2007
Going by how Play's review of the Wii version and IGN's review(along with other reviews)of the PS2 version differ so greatly, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that the PS2 version is inferior, possibly due to it being neglected by Krome, who openly confessed that they preferred working with the Wii version.
Last edited at 19:17:29 27/10/2007 by Michael
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 19:48:51 27/10/2007
Under the "press reviews" for the Wii... they gave it an 8.5. I guess the media are more attracted to the Wii version... probably because the PS2 is a dying console. The PS3's good games are about to come out, so everyones' going ga-ga over titles like Devil May Cry 4. But serious, who wouldn't?! <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Captain Spyro Red Sparx Gems: 65
#7 Posted: 20:10:29 27/10/2007
I find it interesting that they rated it lower than Enter the Dragonfly, but then again, I'm just a gaming fan. *Shrugs.*

What I'd wish they stop doing is comparing LoS to the standards in platforming. Just a slight annoyance on my part...
---
Bob: So, what will you do next?

Spyro: I'd say the sky's the limit!
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#8 Posted: 05:20:05 28/10/2007
I know the ps2 has been around for 7 odd so years, but it still remains the most dominant console in the world. It even out sold the PS3 by 4:1
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#9 Posted: 14:20:32 28/10/2007 | Topic Creator
No suprise there. PS3 is waay too expensive. OT: They are too obsessed with Halo and Grand Theft Auto (which never should have been made anyway) to appreciate the little people. Krome did this in one year, cut'em some slack.
---
Last edited at 14:21:04 28/10/2007 by Komodo
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#10 Posted: 20:47:56 28/10/2007
Quote: Komodo
No suprise there. PS3 is waay too expensive. OT: They are too obsessed with Halo and Grand Theft Auto (which never should have been made anyway) to appreciate the little people. Krome did this in one year, cut'em some slack.

Totally agree with u
#11 Posted: 23:38:02 28/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Thank you. I may be slightly intrigued by Halo, but only because of all the good things I've heard. GTA though, is the reason why some youth become so... you know. Besides, it looks like ANB with added gameplay and features, and ANB got a 7.7, so whats up with this?
---
#12 Posted: 00:56:38 29/10/2007
They acted pretty similar to Kingdom Hearts II as well, so I shouldn't be surprised. They gave that game a lower score than its predecessor, though not in that drastic extreme - they thought it was all resorted to mindless button mashing that can be done while they had their head turned talking to someone at the office (mad coordination skills?).

Still, we can all agree now that IGN must have faced one of its "weirded out" moments. We can only hope that the Wii version doesn't follow suit.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#13 Posted: 01:15:08 29/10/2007
I love TEN, but I also agree with everything IGN said about it.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#14 Posted: 12:13:38 29/10/2007
Unfortunately, those reviews does not surprise me.

Why? Because of the stigma of the Spyro serie.

Let us face it. The Spyro serie is hyped negatively by the press and many of the "fans". Every single Spyro game that is released will be considered, no matter what, an insult and will bring about the usual, tired, invalid complaints (OMG! N0T L1K3 T3H 1NS0MN1AC GAM35!1!!!).

I mean... 35 out of 100? What the freakin' heck? That is a score reserved to a scaringly bad game, the likes of Superman 64! How did Spyro 7 manage to earn itself such a score?

Just look at the complaints. The majority of them are bogus. I'm especially amused by the difficulty ones. I mean, what the heck? Spyro 7 is difficult, true, but nowhere near, say, Devil May Cry. I don't see them shooting Devil May Cry for its brutal difficulty! I mean, the complaints are ridiculous! The foes catch them after their jumps? Don't stand in the way of the attacks, idiot! They complain that large stacks of foes overwhelm them? Then don't charge blindly into them! It's common sense. But then, they're the same idiots that whine about the "difficulty issues" of Super Ghouls'n Ghosts and Ikaruga.

The most ridiculous complaint is probably the one about the controls. What control issues? I would have maybe understood if it had been about the Wii's motion control scheme (due to how it's unusual and all)... but the PS2's controls? It control just like ANB did and I didn't see them whine about ANB's controls! Why whine about the controls this game?

Fact is, it seems that the Spyro serie, no matter what, is doomed to be seen as "bad" regardless of the actual quality of the games. It will forever be too easy, too hard, won't be long enough, and will be a disgrace to the forever overhyped originals.

... and this, even after rebooting the serie in order to remake everything.

This sickens me personally. This game shouldn't have been shot down due to the serie's reputation.

... oh well. Won't stop me from playing the game and liking it.
Last edited at 12:17:15 29/10/2007 by Zerodius
#15 Posted: 12:21:26 29/10/2007
Well, it is the PS2 version, and seeing how the PS2's graphics are out of date and how anti-Sony the media is, not to mention how much of amatuer this reviewer was, the score is unsurprising.
Last edited at 12:26:01 29/10/2007 by Michael
#16 Posted: 16:55:50 29/10/2007
Zerodius, I can't have said it better myself. The 3.5 score was the most unusual score I might have come across for a game like this, and as stated some of the reasons against it sound pretty bogus. And the Insomniac comment shows up almost every single year; I can understand if we were dealing with a pretty rough incarnation like, say, Enter the Dragonfly; however we're dealing with a follow-up to what got me back into the series in the first place. It's not meant to be like the Insomniac titles - it's meant to be a different story arc altogether, so what was the point in that?

Now that I've seen that, I'm now apparently giving second thoughts to their score for the DS version as well; was that unjustly criticised as well, or were some of the errors stated there actually true? Whichever happens, I'm still going to stand my ground on the series through thick and thin.
Spyro_is_cute Red Sparx Gems: 57
#17 Posted: 17:26:13 29/10/2007
The reviews are really annoying me. I don't really care what they say because I never go by reviews anyway. Its someone else's opinion about TEN but that doesn't mean you can't like it. I'm getting both the PS2 and WII versions of TEN
---
I finally got TEN on PS2!!
Its really COOL!!
#18 Posted: 21:05:40 29/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
I love TEN, but I also agree with everything IGN said about it.

So then, you agree it had a lame storyline and was a crappy expierience? For shame.
---
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#19 Posted: 11:55:02 30/10/2007
Geez, the game got a bad score?! What the hell?! The game was done very well and I liked how Krome did it. Do yourselves all a huge favor and ignore the idiot reviewers. I bet they'll do the same reviews for the upcoming films too. Nothing will ever please these near-minded fools. As for the original Spyro trilogy... it was good but it is a totally different league when compared to new trilogy.
#20 Posted: 16:17:31 30/10/2007
That review was terribly written. It just shows that the series isn't taken seriously anymore and that sites are now having less experienced reviewers write reviews for the series.
Dancinkayley Fodder
#21 Posted: 10:04:30 11/11/2007
Every time I read a review I get scared that I'm gonna regret getting TEN. I guess I better stick with what my heart's saying, stop reading the reviews and get the game.
#22 Posted: 10:09:49 11/11/2007
yeah its a very good game, and so much of spyros bad cred it that ppl make stupid reviews.......
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#23 Posted: 15:21:01 11/11/2007
The only reviews I listen to are gamespot and they haven't even reviewed it yet. However I have read the IGN review and I sorta agree with it in someplaces but the score they gave it, what the heck, were they hungover or something. Sure its short and the levels guide you like a cattle chute but Jeez, it didn't deserve that.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
#24 Posted: 01:13:02 12/11/2007
It's becoming insane though, now. It's getting to mid-November and Gamespot haven't approached it (and they're renowned for giving Spyro bad rep in the past as well) and the Wii verison didn't gain much of a reception from IGN (maybe they boycotted reviewing it after the PS2 version's experiences). This is becoming really fickle.
#25 Posted: 03:24:01 12/11/2007
i know, new company, new games, new material. they should at least try them out......
---
Dancinkayley Fodder
#26 Posted: 11:16:46 13/11/2007
I have never played the PS2 version but I'm sure it's not that bad. I hope the DS version isn't bad either because that's the one I'm going to get. IGN actually rated the DS version higher (5.5) though.

ANB actually got about 7/10. And if this game's supposed to be better, obviously those reviewers didn't see it.
#27 Posted: 11:54:17 13/11/2007
Actually, the Wii/PS2 version is excellent. So is the GBA one.

From what I heard everywhere (including those who tried it), the DS version is actually the inferior one. I do not know for sure since you can't rent DS games where I live (grumble...) but well, from what I've seen, the DS version is a watered-down port of the Wii/PS2 version with light puzzles added in.

I'd recommend you get the Wii/PS2 or GBA version first.

Oh and... if you have both a Wii and a PS2, get the Wii version ; it's essentially the same game except that the Wii version is slightly superior.
#28 Posted: 12:32:27 13/11/2007
They should stop comparing these games to the old, sure they were good but their old now and these new games are keeping with the times. Just when I wanted Spyro's story to get deeper, and the combat to get more involved and an over all new experience, Kablamo, its their and I love it.
It may be telling the beginning of an old story (I believe this is a prequel series to the original) but its anew experience.
Stop living in the past and get with the times.
---
Dancinkayley Fodder
#29 Posted: 11:45:27 14/11/2007
That's alright then, I'm not exactly the video game player who *must have* this and that and whatnot in a video game. I enjoyed Spyro: Shadow Legacy, which a lot of reviewers didn't like and The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning for the DS, another game a lot of reviewers didn't like. I suppose I'll find out soon enough though.
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#30 Posted: 15:30:49 14/11/2007
It wasn't just reviewers that did't like Shadow Legacy. xD
#31 Posted: 16:42:55 14/11/2007
I'll jump on the bandwagon and state it here and now:

Although the recent games deserve more praise, Enter The Dragonfly and Shadow Legacy had it coming for them.

The fact that someone can like Shadow Legacy is about the same to me as liking Superman 64 or Big Rigs ; it's a "it's so bad it's funny" kind of fun because that well, let us face it, Shadow Legacy is pretty bad. The fact that it's glitchy doesn't help.

I could go on about why it's bad but let's just say that the following summary will do: a broken, ill-executed premise + glitches = no good.
#32 Posted: 10:41:48 15/11/2007
Don't have a DS never played shadow legacy but have read GS AU reviews for everything Spyro. I rarely completely agree with reviews but I do like to here a second opininion. Also, why isn't there a GS AU review for TEN. I will never violate the try (rent) before you by rule again.
---
#33 Posted: 10:58:40 15/11/2007
i always buy games, (well at least spyro ones) before i buy, then i will always have it there to remember and play again and again till my hearts content.
---
#34 Posted: 11:43:53 15/11/2007
I might buy ANB when the price goes below $20 and I only bought TEN because I got it at a bargain new release price, less than $30. I would say that I was satisfied with both of them but not completely satisfied. It's just missing something that I can't quite put my cla... ahh... finger on.
---
#35 Posted: 11:47:25 15/11/2007
^ lol i know like i had the WORST charlie horse in my win....oh ummm......calf this morning
---
#36 Posted: 12:12:46 15/11/2007
Oh I wish for the sweet simplicity of easier answers but alas none can I provide. To explain myself you request, an explaination again I cannot provide. A string of cognitively incomprehensible answers to your humourus quip, that I can provide. Figure it out then get back to me SxC.
Anyway back in the reality beyond fictions, reviews do at least offer some hints of what to expect in the game, even if they are warped by negative opinions. Overall I liked a AHT a little more than TEN and I liked ANB a little more than AHT.
---
dark cynder13 Red Sparx Gems: 94
#37 Posted: 18:32:35 11/08/2008
i looked at the ratings and they were poor like 5.7 out of 10 and if rated the game it should of been 1000000000 out of 10 i thought the game was cool!! smilie smilie
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#38 Posted: 13:00:06 13/08/2008
if i rated it it would be 1000000001 and yes it makes a huge differest!
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Kurtassclear Blue Sparx Gems: 553
#39 Posted: 18:21:59 25/08/2008
Quote: Zerodius
Unfortunately, those reviews does not surprise me.

Why? Because of the stigma of the Spyro serie.

Let us face it. The Spyro serie is hyped negatively by the press and many of the "fans". Every single Spyro game that is released will be considered, no matter what, an insult and will bring about the usual, tired, invalid complaints (OMG! N0T L1K3 T3H 1NS0MN1AC GAM35!1!!!).

I mean... 35 out of 100? What the freakin' heck? That is a score reserved to a scaringly bad game, the likes of Superman 64! How did Spyro 7 manage to earn itself such a score?

Just look at the complaints. The majority of them are bogus. I'm especially amused by the difficulty ones. I mean, what the heck? Spyro 7 is difficult, true, but nowhere near, say, Devil May Cry. I don't see them shooting Devil May Cry for its brutal difficulty! I mean, the complaints are ridiculous! The foes catch them after their jumps? Don't stand in the way of the attacks, idiot! They complain that large stacks of foes overwhelm them? Then don't charge blindly into them! It's common sense. But then, they're the same idiots that whine about the "difficulty issues" of Super Ghouls'n Ghosts and Ikaruga.

The most ridiculous complaint is probably the one about the controls. What control issues? I would have maybe understood if it had been about the Wii's motion control scheme (due to how it's unusual and all)... but the PS2's controls? It control just like ANB did and I didn't see them whine about ANB's controls! Why whine about the controls this game?

Fact is, it seems that the Spyro serie, no matter what, is doomed to be seen as "bad" regardless of the actual quality of the games. It will forever be too easy, too hard, won't be long enough, and will be a disgrace to the forever overhyped originals.

... and this, even after rebooting the serie in order to remake everything.

This sickens me personally. This game shouldn't have been shot down due to the serie's reputation.

... oh well. Won't stop me from playing the game and liking it.

OMG thank you.it drives me nuts everytime i see the review IGN gave this game.3.5/10 are you freakin serious?
mark bosson reviewed ANB and gave it a 7.7 which i think is pretty close
(i would rounded it up to 8)but for some reason when TEN came out it was reviewed by a new guy Sam Bishop who totally just bashed every aspect of the game.but atleast the fans know how amazing this game issmilie
---
Can't think of anything to write...seriously!?!?!?!
jimmy dragon Ripto Gems: 841
#40 Posted: 11:39:18 26/08/2008
they are right that game IS very hard i am not surprised they rated that i have an IGN account and my rating for it is the worst rating of all time and i will review it soon.
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#41 Posted: 01:09:04 27/08/2008
It's nothing compared to other games I've played...Their complaints are near moot, and if everyone would stop comparing it with Insomniac's games, they'd enjoy it alot more. Reverance and love for games can get well out of hand. And with the Original Spyro, it has.
TEN was a wonderful experience for me; good storyline, the occasional challenge (okay, when I first played, it was hard as heck smilie), and I had no problems with the controls whatsoever. The ending...it was beautiful, and emotional to be blunt.
Lately - or at least, since ETD - reviewers have soured towards Spyro, something hopefully DotD will reverse, and I agree with Jamieque. Why listen to them? It's YOUR opinion that matters, not the reviewer or critic's. Base your opinion of a game on their words and you'll get nowhere.
Overall, I completely agree with Zerodius. Why bother with their crud? It ain't gonna stop me getting the games. Never has and never will.
And Jimmy Dragon, play the game Drakengard or Devil May Cry and say TEN was hard and deserves the rating it got. Trust me, it's nothing, nothing compared to them in difficulty.

*I haven't actually play DMC, but I've heard and seen about it's difficulty smilie*
---
You kicked who in the what now?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:23 27/08/2008 by Aang
Spyrosflame Green Sparx Gems: 277
#42 Posted: 01:23:14 27/08/2008
MY FREIND HAS dmc, THE GAME IS EBIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
You can try to tear me down,
Pull me to the ground,
I will see you screaming.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me