Page 1 of 1
A question about the save system [CLOSED]
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#1 Posted: 21:37:15 19/10/2007 | Topic Creator
To put it in briefing, there is someone out there that is working on a speedrun for ANB (there's a thread about it at the Speed Demos Archive forums). There was a discussion there on how to segment it, but something arose from one player's experiences.

On my PS2 copy - and presumably some other personnel - you get to a save point and if you quit the game and reload it from there you're where you are. However, one person with a GameCube copy ended up saving at the Cynder confrontation at Concurrent Skies, quitted, and loaded their game to find they were right at the start of the level again.

This is the burning question that I have to Gamecube players out there - has that experience happened to you too? I just want to know in the event that either something was lost in game code conversion or that said player might have a slightly defective disc.

I appreciate the feedback smilie
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#2 Posted: 22:32:37 19/10/2007
Myself, use the save system a lot ; as I don't have a whole lot of time recently, I tend to play in short sessions and thus, has to quit the game often in the middle of stages.

... and well, this has not happened to me.

So, he might have a deffective disk.

Still, there IS a slight problem with the Cynder fight scene. The boss theme begin during the cinematic, not the actual fight and there is no trigger in the fight itself that make it begin (unlike other boss fights)... so if you reload at the boss fight, you will get to fight Cynder with the normal Concurrent Skies stage theme playing in the background.

Weird.

Oh well...
Last edited at 22:33:35 19/10/2007 by Zerodius
spyro go Green Sparx Gems: 353
#3 Posted: 22:36:17 19/10/2007
what did you say
---
smilie: omg Spyro the worlds gonna explode
smilie:sparx you gotta stay here ill take care of Malefor
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#4 Posted: 00:38:41 20/10/2007
Yes, it happened to me. The GC version appears to only save at the beginning of a level and nowhere else (no matter what the little save icon says).
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#5 Posted: 21:10:02 22/10/2007
Maybe you have an earlier, buggy version of A New Beginning for the Gamecube then.

I just tested it out. If the save icon appears, the game restart from there next time you load the game ; it doesn't save only at the beginning of the stage for me.

I tested it out on the three first stages (Swamp, Dragon Temple, Dante's Freezer) and it worked perfectly on all three stages.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#6 Posted: 16:13:51 23/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Haha, I never thought there could be earlier prints for the GameCube version as well. Apparently my PS2 copy didn't have the opening credits writing in the glittery gold font, but more like in the plain old in-game-text font, and they even omitted the voice actors (which according to some people it could be a good thing smilie).

Still I passed the word to the SDA guys. The issue didn't rise much, but luckily enough the runner has the PS2 version so they seem to be in the safe for now.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#7 Posted: 16:27:31 23/10/2007
Wow. My GC copy is buggy. Oddly, it was a recent purchase. I need to get the PS2 version, I think. My copy doesn't even have opening credits.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#8 Posted: 21:21:30 23/10/2007
gosh, you would think that the company would make sure that the games werent buggy smilie
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#9 Posted: 20:48:08 24/10/2007
Oh,yes it did allot with me...I really hated that. At least I beat it. Now, I have TEN for PS2 and it is way better.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me