Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
If They Made A New Original Style Spyro Game... [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 22:37:04 30/05/2009 | Topic Creator
What would you change other than update the graphics?

I would make the cutscenes more action-y and music video worthy.

What mini games and collectibles/unlockables would you add? I would add bowling, mini golf, and MORE SKATEBOARDING!

What would you keep from the LOS trilogy? I would like them to continue where DOTD left off. (Bear with me!) I want to know what will happen now that Ignitus is the new Chronicler. Will he and Spyro ever meet? I guess Cynder can stay, but I really don't think Spyro should be in love. I really want him to go back to his tough, spunky, single self. And lets get Tom Kenny back for another game! I wonder what a collab between Rebecca what's-her-name and Stewart Copeland would be like? If it's a good mix of both eras, I say go for it!

What about the story?! Who should the main boss be? Malefor, an old adversary, or someone new? Maybe the developers could change their minds and tie LOS in with STD. After DotD Spyro restarts with a Spyro the Dragon-ish game. Not necessarily the same levels (which there should be MORE of!) but the same homeworlds and maybe Avalar, and Gnasty Gnorc returns as your main boss. They should totally bring back the portal technology too! Hunter would be around, maybe Elora and Bianca show up too, and you meet Ignitus and the Guardians again. Should the Guardians be like the elders of original Spyro? Helpful and informative but kind of comical? That's what the next Spyro game needs, MORE COMEDY!

So, tell me what you think.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Kusama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#2 Posted: 12:03:24 31/05/2009
I think they're already perfect. At least I don't need anything more. :/
#3 Posted: 13:37:53 31/05/2009 | Topic Creator
What should the main collectable be if they made a new Original-Style Spyro game?
STD-Dragons
G2G-Talismans and Orbs
YotD-Eggs
ETD-Dragonflies
AHT-Dark Gems and Light Gems
New Game-???
---
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#4 Posted: 01:52:33 01/06/2009
Just talking about Spyro 1 for this:
Besides better graphics based off textures and geometries....

Quality
Particle Effects - Smoke, sparks (horns hit metal), levitating platforms
wobble, Bloom Lighting, dirt trails/snow footsteps.....
Special Effects - Physics (defeated characters),
Boss enemies have hit counters.
Story
A Cynder storyline, complete with separate speech tracks specifically for Cynder.

And this game would have possible Coop Campaign on split screen or LAN (Whoever's player 1 is who gets the story speeches.)
[Like if P1 is Spyro, you get the Original soundtracks.]
---and I'm not talkin about music---

I love detailing this High Resolution Spyro thingy. smilie
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#5 Posted: 04:19:05 01/06/2009
More to collect and making it harder. I'd also add an extra/unlockable where you can skateboard in any area; and add more skateboard areas in general, maybe one for each level and homeworld? X3
#6 Posted: 12:07:20 01/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Good Ideas XenoSpyro and Shrazer320.

Would you keep the original Soundtrack? Or have Rebecca come back for this game, or have her collab with Stewart Copeland? Who did the music for AHT? I LOVED that soundtrack!
---
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#7 Posted: 20:15:09 01/06/2009
About that Coop bit, I should add:
XBL People download it from the Marketplace.
(It probably take Microsoft Points)
{idk what its called for PS Network}
the LAN function (renamed System Link for XB360) can be added to Live Gameplay so you can play along with a friend
---------------------------------------------------------
As for the Music, they should keep what they got but redo it with slightly louder instruments on some of the levels.
-Like with the boss battles, instead of the church-piano sounds, they should use some Rock sounds.
-On the enviromental sounds, (like gems falling) they should remake those to sound more realistic. (Footsteps based on terrain.)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#8 Posted: 21:24:30 01/06/2009
All it would need is a graphics update. They might do well to make the games a bit longer and maybe add in a few more side stories, but I wouldn't change anything else.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#9 Posted: 16:43:59 19/06/2009
NEVER tamper with a classic ever heard the morning report
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#10 Posted: 17:27:02 19/06/2009
A Hero's Tail. Play the hell out of that game.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#11 Posted: 18:59:18 19/06/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER
NEVER tamper with a classic ever heard the morning report

no, but i agree don't change a classic tooo much. i agree though, more skate and snowboarding
---
This old place has changed too much
#12 Posted: 12:42:39 20/06/2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJNpR7sU80

how disny had the nerve to kill there classic lion king
brendafd Yellow Sparx Gems: 1804
#13 Posted: 17:15:09 23/06/2009
Mabe Better Graphics, And Make Spyro Fly. I Think Spyro Should Have Been Flying All Alone.
---
LOVE THAT DRAGON! (SMILE)
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#14 Posted: 08:46:26 29/06/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

music video worthy..

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! Fan-music videos are so over-abused on YouTube. We do NOT need more!!!
titan1290 Red Sparx Gems: 67
#15 Posted: 00:55:35 02/08/2009
Well i loved the orbs i think they should bring back the atlas like that and i didn't mind the dark crystals and light gems and eggs.
To be honest they should bring them all back except the talismans and the dragonflys smilie. Instead you should get a sticker on your atlas for completed the level and another if you max out the level like get everything in it. They should also make a secret sticker.
The light Gems couldbe used to unlock your powers.
The dark crystal could be the primary objective
The orbs could be for opening portals.
The eggs could be opening boss levels or you need so many to go to the next world or they could be both counted as so many eggs and orbs.
I loved the atlas smilie
---
Long live Doga and Unei smilie final fantasy 3 ds ftw !
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#16 Posted: 01:04:11 02/08/2009
i loved the orbs! so shiny!
#17 Posted: 20:21:44 06/08/2009
Quote: xx chloebabez
i loved the orbs! so shiny!

smilie..ok...random smilie
StupidPuffSheep Green Sparx Gems: 424
#18 Posted: 04:05:34 13/08/2009
Well, I think a re make of the old games would be awesome! But, there should NOT be ANY TLoS in it! I'll admit they are cool games, but it's not true spyro, y'know? I could go on and on, but i won't. I really think they should re make the first trilogy with some extras. Like all the skateboarding and whatnot. But leave EtD and aht out of it.
---
I don't know whats in my future, but I won't let it be a repeat of my past.
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#19 Posted: 19:48:08 14/08/2009
collectable:gems(spyro 1-3),dragon capsols spall orblike obgects w/a name on them there should be player capsels colect al to make a new dragon to play as scate capsles to get new skate areas colect all to unlock make a park mode sparx capsol unlock a new sparx level & 5=new abuiliti
all=make a sparx musem capsol all=spyro museum (spyro version of the insomneac museum)

Story:spyro from tlos and std team up to fight spyro-x who is a very powerful anti spyro who plans to release Project SP2 a super dark spyro
in the real world

Power ups:from power orbs(riptos areana spyro 2)red super fire green dig through gulp sheilds(big energy spheeres well hidden containing a glp drone big gulp robots w/a museum capsul they release whene defeated)
blue ice breath clear w/ a wing in it.

levels portals around town bring you to avilar the forgoten worlds and the dragon relms
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#20 Posted: 19:51:05 14/08/2009
oh and skill points
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
Sheep Gold Sparx Gems: 2009
#21 Posted: 17:22:37 28/08/2009
Personally, I wouldn't change anything. I like the Ps1 graphics. They are perfect as they are=)
---
Baaah
My videos
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#22 Posted: 21:45:45 22/10/2009
i would be grateful for anything being created related to old spyro games.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me