Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Classic Year of the Dragon [CLOSED]
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 23:20:59 14/05/2009 | Topic Creator
Following closely on the heels of the addition of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage last week, Spyro: Year of the Dragon has now also been added to the North American PlayStation Store.

[User Posted Image]

Quote: PSN
Everyone's favorite dragon is back, and this time he must save the Year of the Dragon Festival by rescuing the 150 eggs that have been stolen by the evil Sorceress and scattered across the Forgotten Worlds. New features include mini-games, new playable characters, and an Atlas to track your progress and accomplishments. Download this PS one classic today!
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:51 14/05/2009 by dark52
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#2 Posted: 23:21:55 14/05/2009
YES! OMG YES!
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#3 Posted: 23:22:32 14/05/2009
awsome!!! smilie new characters!?
#4 Posted: 23:23:53 14/05/2009
Simply one of the most beautiful and best Spyro games ever...one of the best...>D Spyro 1 FTW!
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#5 Posted: 02:38:32 15/05/2009
Guys, this is SIMPLY the original game. There is NOTHING new or improved. It is ripped DIRECTLY from the most recent run of the game (Greatest Hits).

I was just about to email you this too...
#6 Posted: 03:17:28 15/05/2009
Quote: crashpro
Guys, this is SIMPLY the original game. There is NOTHING new or improved. It is ripped DIRECTLY from the most recent run of the game (Greatest Hits).

We know...well at least I do...I dunno about Spyro fan-8.
Ice Bane Emerald Sparx Gems: 3193
#7 Posted: 10:03:57 15/05/2009
i'm GLAD this is out! Cuz i let me friend borrow my copy of it and.. when he returnede it... it was ruined and it doesn't even play..
---
Facti sunt tenebrae et lux
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#8 Posted: 14:45:42 15/05/2009
smilie YEYZ!!!!! i love this game bEST
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#9 Posted: 19:03:41 15/05/2009
yeah! the best orginal ever!!!!!!!
---
This old place has changed too much
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#10 Posted: 22:13:36 15/05/2009
That was my absolute favorite game back in 2000! smilie
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
hero orc max Blue Sparx Gems: 619
#11 Posted: 00:09:49 16/05/2009
i love this game too
---
FOOD IS GOOD
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#12 Posted: 00:19:03 16/05/2009
What... The... Helll
What are they thinking when they're doing that?
Do they think they can borrow the sadness of having to wait so long for real news just reviving some "so beloved yet old" games they've alreadyforgot and put it in hands for "Classic Series" to people to download? Come on!
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
#13 Posted: 02:49:42 16/05/2009
Quote: Brazilian Spyro
What... The... Helll
Do they think they can borrow the sadness of having to wait so long for real news just reviving some "so beloved yet old" games they've alreadyforgot and put it in hands for "Classic Series" to people to download? Come on!

Dude.
WAY MORE PEOPLE LOVE THE OLD SPYRO'S MUCH MORE THAN THE NEW.
There probably won't be a new one for a while also due to the movie...
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#14 Posted: 02:59:11 16/05/2009
What... The... Helll

WTH is with you . Breath . Gosh , most people will be rather happy , because they needed a reminder of the past and what Is and Was Spyro The Dragon .
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#15 Posted: 03:25:50 16/05/2009
Nothing special whatsoever.

Now, when they fix the friggin' graphics, I'll buy it (and the other two), but otherwise, it's simply a waste of money.
#16 Posted: 09:34:05 16/05/2009
Quote: Shrazer320

Now, when they fix the friggin' graphics, I'll buy it (and the other two), but otherwise, it's simply a waste of money.

hey them graphics are good and why mess with a classic?
Celtianna Yellow Sparx Gems: 1708
#17 Posted: 13:37:34 16/05/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER
hey them graghics are good and why mess with a classic?

A classic stays a classic.

Quote: Shazer320
Now, when they fix the friggin graghics, I'll buy it (and the other two), but otherwise, it's simply a waste of money.

You should be happy they even exist. smilie

Quote: dark52
Following closely on the heels of the addition of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage last week, Spyro: Year of the Dragon has now also been added to the North American PlayStation Store.

Yay! Always wanted it! smilie I hope they will have the first game.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#18 Posted: 16:38:19 16/05/2009
Yay! Now I can order that game online!
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#19 Posted: 18:28:24 16/05/2009
Quote: Spyro2008
Quote: crashpro

We know...well at least I do...I dunno about Spyro fan-8.

lol they said new characters. smilie i thought they meant other than bently and agent 9,ECT.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#20 Posted: 20:33:16 16/05/2009

Because the graphics are pixelated crap. ._.

Quote: Celtianna
Now, when they fix the friggin graghics, I'll buy it (and the other two), but otherwise, it's simply a waste of money.

You should be happy they even exist. -_-

You are NOT the one to be telling myself or anyone what they should be happy about, especially when I prefer LoS.
#21 Posted: 08:35:22 17/05/2009
^ well on lionm king they put in "morning report" people hated it they messed with a classic same with this just leev it be
#22 Posted: 09:01:46 17/05/2009
So I can download Spyro: Year of the Dragon the game?
---
Doomdrao Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#23 Posted: 12:04:14 17/05/2009
WOHOOOOOOOO IT RETURNZ
---
I'd wait a fresh minuteMe, To a Co-Worker about Greggs Bakery Steak Bakes
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#24 Posted: 15:13:57 17/05/2009
i already have tis game...i.is.set!

HAZZAH!!IMA PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!AND I WAS JUST ABOUT TOO!!

*coos*
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#25 Posted: 15:58:43 17/05/2009
lol i have the game,ps3's suck thats y i dont have 1. smilie WII's ftw

i have it 4 ps1
#26 Posted: 16:45:41 17/05/2009

Wow. I thought you liked those series and preferred it to TLOS. Well, most games have their differences, like some games have bad graphics, but the gameplay is good, and some games have good graphics, but gameplay, not so much on that. We should learn to accept these differences.
---
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#27 Posted: 18:39:17 17/05/2009
Hm. Nice but don't you think it would be even better if they made the original trilogy for say the PS2 and PS3 with original gameplay, voice actors, character models and so forth but new and improved graphics? That would get Spyro back on track, don't ya think?
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#28 Posted: 21:58:28 18/05/2009
I looove this game.
#29 Posted: 00:43:38 20/05/2009
Oh great there's a guy that loves games that are older than he is. I just thought it was awesome how kids nowadays love the Spyro series whom are younger than the original game itself. It proves that the Spyro game has come a very long way since it has first came out.
---
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#30 Posted: 20:36:30 21/05/2009
What... The... Helll

Oh look, a little REAL Spyro Bias person.
Lepordstar Blue Sparx Gems: 757
#31 Posted: 22:26:14 29/05/2009
I already got the game and finished it!
---
OMG TINY FIREHEART~
" Sandstorm. Yes Fireheart. I.. I.. I love you. I love you to."-Fireheart and Sandstorm.
I am leopardlegs of Riverclan!
Kickiyain Ripto Gems: 27
#32 Posted: 04:17:15 30/05/2009
kwl game
#33 Posted: 05:19:44 30/05/2009

Because the graphics are pixelated crap. ._.

Quote: Celtianna

You should be happy they even exist. -_-

You are NOT the one to be telling myself or anyone what they should be happy about, especially when I prefer LoS.

Graphics doesn't matter.
DemonSpyro115 Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#34 Posted: 05:04:09 31/05/2009
/dude its a bout time they put it in the PS store but yaaaaaaaaay they did it anyway waiting for something is better than waiting for nothhing i never say
smilie what is wrong with them why did they just put in the store
smilie spyro calm down
smilie JEEZ cynder GET OFF ME IM LEAVING
#35 Posted: 12:02:32 31/05/2009
I'm just glad that it returns
I love the classics it reminds me of why I started loving the games smilie
They are just so AWESOME smilie
---
#36 Posted: 19:33:33 04/06/2009
Quote: Doomdrao

Same with me, too bad these were the old days, and not today. Time sure passes by when you don't want it to.
---
#37 Posted: 10:23:13 27/07/2009
Quote: Forgotten World
Quote: Doomdrao

Same with me, too bad these were the old days, and not today. Time sure passes by when you don't want it to.

indeed
---
rept7 Blue Sparx Gems: 826
#38 Posted: 23:33:54 30/07/2009
This game did kick serious arse (i'm not british, just censoring). I heard it had the best IGN rating between them all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro
---
7 Ain't so lucky anymore.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#39 Posted: 23:39:49 30/07/2009
Quote: rept7
This game did kick serious arse (i'm not british, just censoring). I heard it had the best IGN rating between them all:

You know... Dark52 won't care if you say ass... He's English... See! I said it smilie Its not even a word in England, well it is, it just doesn't mean the same thing smilie
#40 Posted: 23:44:04 30/07/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

You know... Dark52 won't care if you say ass... He's English... See! I said it smilie Its not even a word in England, well it is, it just doesn't mean the same thing smilie

I've heard british people say it before. Like the marksman guy from "the league of extraordinary gentlemen" and I think eddsworld did at some point.
But that is besides my point. What about the whole "this is the best Spyro game ever" thing?
---
#41 Posted: 23:46:34 30/07/2009

I've heard british people say it before. Like the marksman guy from "the league of extraordinary gentlemen" and I think eddsworld did at some point.
But that is besides my point. What about the whole "this is the best Spyro game ever" thing?

Yes... Lets stop talking about that now smilie Anyway, yeah this was a good game but I still like GTG (RR) better...
#42 Posted: 23:48:45 30/07/2009

Yes... Lets stop talking about that now smilie Anyway, yeah this was a good game but I still like GTG (RR) better...

Ripto's rage was pretty good. It had alot of new, fun elements to the game such as hovering, better boss fights, etc.
---
#43 Posted: 23:58:15 30/07/2009

Ripto's rage was pretty good. It had alot of new, fun elements to the game such as hovering, better boss fights, etc.

Yeah, GTG was like the beginning of a new style of Spyro games... All games, except TLoS, after still held the same elements as GTG started...
#44 Posted: 00:03:54 31/07/2009

Yeah, GTG was like the beginning of a new style of Spyro games... All games, except TLoS, after still held the same elements as GTG started...

Thats actually one of those intereting topics. I've played Eternal night and I assumed it was alot like its predicessor (I don't know how to spell it but I mean that I have never played New Beginning for PS2 but instead for DS). Sure the games had elements like horn dive, gliding, charging, and fire breathing, But it lacked the platform, adventure, minigames etc, that made the previous games great. (But you have to admit, The story line of the TLoS games has caused an uprising in Fan dragons such as Violet, Gaiax, Shimmer, IceFlame, Stella, etc)
---
#45 Posted: 00:09:25 31/07/2009

Thats actually one of those intereting topics. I've played Eternal night and I assumed it was alot like its predicessor (I don't know how to spell it but I mean that I have never played New Beginning for PS2 but instead for DS). Sure the games had elements like horn dive, gliding, charging, and fire breathing, But it lacked the platform, adventure, minigames etc, that made the previous games great. (But you have to admit, The story line of the TLoS games has caused an uprising in Fan dragons such as Violet, Gaiax, Shimmer, IceFlame, Stella, etc)

Yeah... I think it could have been Spyro's Lair that started that, with the whole create your own Dragon people were probabaly thinking they could go and make there own story with these Dragons that they made and stuff... But yeah, I get what you mean about the thing for TEN... Also, ANB and TEN are edsactly the same, the only difference in TEN is Dragon time...
#46 Posted: 00:17:14 31/07/2009
I KNEW IT!... Whatever happened to Dragon time anyway?... You should bring that up in your abridged series!

Also I don't know if Lair has caused this. The fan dragons I listed are to complex for one website to cause. Violet for example is a hit among Fan dragon creators such as myself and even has become so widely known she has haters (Don't act like I don't know who you guys are, I've seen the forum here and hate deviations)
---
#47 Posted: 00:24:27 31/07/2009
I KNEW IT!... Whatever happened to Dragon time anyway?... You should bring that up in your abridged series!

Also I don't know if Lair has caused this. The fan dragons I listed are to complex for one website to cause. Violet for example is a hit among Fan dragon creators such as myself and even has become so widely known she has haters (Don't act like I don't know who you guys are, I've seen the forum here and hate deviations)

Dragon Time was removed for 2 reasons... One story wise, another development wise...

Story wise: The Chronicler only taught Dragon time to Spyro so he could save himself, Cynder and Sparx from the collapsing mountain (He can tell the future!) and when he used the Time Fury he lost all his Dragon time powers...

Development Wise: It wouldn't be fair on player 2 smilie
#48 Posted: 00:26:33 31/07/2009

Dragon Time was removed for 2 reasons... One story wise, another development wise...

Story wise: The Chronicler only taught Dragon time to Spyro so he could save himself, Cynder and Sparx from the collapsing mountain (He can tell the future!) and when he used the Time Fury he lost all his Dragon time powers...

I kindof figured the developtment wise reason. How you figured out Storywise I'll never know...
---
#49 Posted: 00:29:44 31/07/2009

I kindof figured the developtment wise reason. How you figured out Storywise I'll never know...

Easy... Asked Sierra a while ago smilie
#50 Posted: 00:39:11 31/07/2009

Easy... Asked Sierra a while ago smilie

How do you "Ask Sierra?" Simple FaQs or does this site have connections with the company?
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me