Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
One will die [CLOSED]
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#1 Posted: 15:28:10 29/08/2007 | Topic Creator
We all know, that one of the charachters in this game will die. But who? I just wanna to know who it is! But where can I find out?
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#2 Posted: 16:29:49 29/08/2007
We do? Really? Where did you get this information? Given that this is a game targeted towards a younger audience, the only character who's going to die for certain is Gaul (unless he's got a role to play in the third game, in which case he won't).

If one of the good guys dies, my money is on Ignitus. He's the Obi Wan of these games and it's usually the wise old mentor who kicks the bucket first. Again, I highly doubt any of the good guys will die, but if one does, it's likely to be Iggy or one of the other Guardians.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#3 Posted: 16:36:56 29/08/2007
I came up with a weird yet potential plot device at the VU forums concerning (if it was true) what would happen if Ignitus really was Spyro's father and how the news could be given out. I imagined him explaining with a dying breath, though the people that responded after me didn't WANT him to kick the bucket.

Either way, where did you find the info Crush? I'm interested to know the source. >.>
#4 Posted: 17:07:47 29/08/2007 | Topic Creator
I found it here at this site. Somebody was saying it. Can't remember who. He or she say'd that one of the character in this game will die. It would be Ignitus, Cynder or Sparx. But I hardly doubt that Sparx is the one who dies.
---
Dagnabbit.
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#5 Posted: 18:18:54 29/08/2007
i don't think sparx will die. because if he does, who would be spyro's health indicator. otherwise i don't know who will die.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
#6 Posted: 19:05:56 29/08/2007 | Topic Creator
Besides, Spyro will not be the same without Sparx.
---
Dagnabbit.
#7 Posted: 19:45:45 29/08/2007
Do keep in mind that this is a forum of fans on the Internet, not a trusted news source. "Someone was saying" is not the same as "details from Sierra report that".
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 22:06:10 29/08/2007
As far as I'm concerned... if any game had heroes that died, it would be the third game...

...and it would be something like Cynder sacrificing herself to save Spyro from an attack from the Dark Master. ;>.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#9 Posted: 22:49:56 29/08/2007
OH NO.....what if spyro dies and you have to play as cynder...................................................................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#10 Posted: 02:16:41 30/08/2007
He wouldn't STAY dead.

There would be some plot device to bring him back.

It works that way on television. ;>.>
---
the doctor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1617
#11 Posted: 11:31:33 30/08/2007
i would probaly think cynder would have died... shame if she did, i like cynder
---
A moment can last for seconds,
But a memory can last forever...
#12 Posted: 14:35:27 30/08/2007
I will not draw zombie!Spyro... I will not draw zombie!Spyro... I will not... >D
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#13 Posted: 15:35:35 30/08/2007
Razz, if it happened, I think you would!
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#14 Posted: 19:22:38 30/08/2007
LOL
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#15 Posted: 19:28:34 30/08/2007
Quote: Razz
I will draw zombie!Spyro... I will draw zombie!Spyro... I will not...

FIX'D! ^.^
---
#16 Posted: 19:43:48 30/08/2007
Are you guys trying to suggest something to me? Trying to tell me I should do something? Do something like, oh, I dunno...draw zombie!Spyro? smilie
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#17 Posted: 20:30:57 30/08/2007
i think tht Ignitus might die coz like on 1 ov the avvis in Dark52's gallery it has a pic of Ignitus in battle armor n they might make it all dramatic with Spyro getting sad coz of Ignitus diying lol
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#18 Posted: 20:55:26 30/08/2007
Save it for Halloween smilie I don't think Spyro would actually end up dead at the end of Eternal Night, but then again we had Jack Sparrow assumed for dead at the end of Dead Man's Chest so the possibility is still open, shockingly enough.

Let's not dwell on it yet tho. We got to find stuff to pass the time until it makes its release smilie
#19 Posted: 21:16:02 30/08/2007
come to think of it, ignitus might die... yeah i like that idea... no i dont mean i want ignitus to die, i mean if he dies then it will be dramatic and it might be harder for spyro cos hes gone
---
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#20 Posted: 13:47:56 02/09/2007
Quote: the doctor
come to think of it, ignitus might die... yeah i like that idea... no i dont mean i want ignitus to die, i mean if he dies then it will be dramatic and it might be harder for spyro cos hes gone

I concur. Man I Love saying concur, but anyway yeah. IF he dies, it would probably be during that scene with the gas-monkey mask thingys (you know what I mean!)
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
Spyromaniac Green Sparx Gems: 103
#21 Posted: 16:03:40 02/09/2007
Note.in a trailer at GT.com, Spyro was saying something like"I knew this isn't the path the path you wanted me to take, but ive got to choose my own path now" or something like that.I bet he's talking to Ignitus's spiritor somthing!
---
Spyro Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!smilie
Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#22 Posted: 16:23:11 02/09/2007
Guys, this game is target ed at 10 year olds, do you really think that the'll kill a main character. I'll bet it's a bunny Spyro accidentally flame that dies.
Maybe Cynder, but then I'll have to change my user name... *sniffles* poor Cynder.
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
#23 Posted: 17:48:05 02/09/2007
I saw that remark as well, but I think Spyro might have spoken to someone indirectly as he did that, like when we do chores we might do the occasional indirect remark to our parents. o.O

Also, even if someone does die, you shouldn't change your name over it. At least they're pretty popular characters as well, so that shouldn't even be an issue.

I was in the same boat when playing through Jak II. Baron Praxis was among one of my fave charries in spite of him being one of the main antagonists. Even when he was beaten to death by the Metal Head leader, I still stuck by as a fan, even though I felt as if I was the only one. I say you learn from the experience and stick with them all the way; just because they face a fatal blow doesn't mean you should depart from fan loyalty forever.
#24 Posted: 20:34:39 02/09/2007
In the trailer, Spyro is speaking at night. I figured he had snuck out of the Temple and was talking to himself just before doing something he probably shouldn't.

Seriously, though, why does everyone think someone's going to die? We have NO PROOF at all that this will happen, not even a tiny hint. I highly doubt anyone will die (except Gual), but we won't know until the game comes out.

And Rexy: yay, another Baron Praxis fan! He was a really great villain and deserves more respect.
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#25 Posted: 20:45:54 02/09/2007
i hope ignitus will not die smilie i love he smiliesmilie
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
RenanSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1619
#26 Posted: 21:38:46 02/09/2007
If someone will REALLY die, I think it will be Ignitus or another Guardian (maybe all of them!)

But I don't think it's a bad idea, that may be a link between the original and rebooted storylines...
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
#27 Posted: 22:28:34 02/09/2007
In the trailer, Spyro is speaking at night. I figured he had snuck out of the Temple and was talking to himself just before doing something he probably shouldn't.

Seriously, though, why does everyone think someone's going to die? We have NO PROOF at all that this will happen, not even a tiny hint. I highly doubt anyone will die (except Gual), but we won't know until the game comes out.

And Rexy: yay, another Baron Praxis fan! He was a really great villain and deserves more respect.

Well, yes, but doesn't some sort of death related thingamagig happen sometime in most trilogies? But thats just me.
---
Last edited at 22:29:29 02/09/2007 by Komodo
#28 Posted: 00:03:53 03/09/2007
yea he was sneaking around the temple he said we mustnt wake them and sparx said what? i cant hear you over all the snoring!
---
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#29 Posted: 00:06:31 03/09/2007
Quote: Spyromaniac
Note.in a trailer at GT.com, Spyro was saying something like"I knew this isn't the path the path you wanted me to take, but ive got to choose my own path now" or something like that.I bet he's talking to Ignitus's spiritor somthing!

Yeah! That's what I think! I don't really want Ignitus to die, but it would be dramatic!
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#30 Posted: 03:55:31 03/09/2007
I hope Ignitus doesn't kick the bucket.
#31 Posted: 14:32:31 03/09/2007

I don't think it would happen either, but considering the cliffhanger we got at the end of A New Beginning, pretty much ANYTHING can happen. I don't see much evidence for the idea of Ignitus passing away early on in the game due to seeing him and Spyro meet up in a scene in the GBA trailer and of course, the sneaking-past-the-sleeping-guardians scene. But you never know with this series now. I mean, they killed off Fluffy right at the end of TY 3 (a part of another trilogy Krome worked on) so you never know what to expect.

I read your mind smilie That makes a nice change of pace; I was surrounded by Jak fan girls throwing tomatoes at him (just because of that Dark Eco experiment) in more situations than I could count, lol.
#32 Posted: 18:30:03 03/09/2007
Komodo: Alas, a lot of trilogies do have the wise mentor character die, but that's what's generally known as a cliche and it's one I'd like to see go away. I hold out a lot of hope that Krome won't fall to old conventions like that.

Rexy: You've got a good point, there. I'm holding off most/all speculation until the game actually comes out.

Oh, lord, yes! I used to like Jak well enough, but then I got into the fandom and...gah! Overexposure! My all-time favorite character is actually Seem (the monk girl from Jak 3). Villain-wise, though, Praxis is one of my favorites. He doesn't have any frightening fanfic written about him (in fact, I daresay I've never seen a Praxis fic).
#33 Posted: 18:40:01 03/09/2007
I did one or two at FF.net if you're interested. I'm RexRock over there. Still yeah, the fandom was one reason why I kind of jumped ship -.-
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#34 Posted: 18:46:58 03/09/2007
The dying thing... hmm... if Ignitus goes it'll probably be in the last game I reckon - there's no other fire guardian so it would have to be at the end. I wish there were more guardians though - surely something more original than just the elements could be created?

Wa-hey I thought Praxis was wicked in Jak too!!! He was brilliantly developed and it was almost kinda sad when he died. I'm surprised Dax didn't crack a big joke when he died though!

Sorry, quote!

Jak: Where would you be without me Dax?
Daxter: Well I probably wouldn't be running around a sewer without a pair of pants! . . . . . God, I miss pants . . .

Why is this topic so W-I-D-E?
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#35 Posted: 19:12:45 03/09/2007
You got me again Razz! It is a cliche! 'Beats self up for being stupid'. Hopefully Krome will stray away from it, I guess. But it would not affect me that much either way
---
#36 Posted: 19:48:03 03/09/2007
Daxter DID kinda crack a joke, though it was while he was messing around with that giant bomb ten seconds later.
"Should I unhook the blue wire? Wait a minute... are ottsels colorblind?"
Though the scene did kind of whitened my skin when I first saw it, that line still forces a smirk for some reason >.>

And yeah, I should have realised that the "killing off the old mentor" trick might be a cliche, but we never really know what could happen. Still it's no denying that that is still a potential possibility, though goodness knows how Krome would tackle the rest of Ignitus's character development.

Come on Mid-November; give me a Wii and let me see what all the fuss is about smilie
Last edited at 19:48:30 03/09/2007 by Rexy
#37 Posted: 15:17:45 04/09/2007
ive been thinking about getting the jak and daxter games, but i have decided yet....
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#38 Posted: 19:31:16 04/09/2007
I think either Ignitus or Cynder. I couldn't care less! But it cannot be Sparx or Spyro.. no, no, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one of the babboons haw Haw Ignitus thrusts him with a banjo Haw Haw.lol hee hee
Spyromaniac Green Sparx Gems: 103
#39 Posted: 00:30:37 05/09/2007
If Ignitus does die he should die at the middle of the game,and not in a violent way.That would make Spyro want to destroy the Dark Master even more.Note:It's not that i don't like Ignitus,i like him alot.It would make for a great story plot though
---
Spyro Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!smilie
#40 Posted: 18:12:23 05/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: dingodile555
I think either Ignitus or Cynder. I couldn't care less! But it cannot be Sparx or Spyro.. no, no, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one of the babboons haw Haw Ignitus thrusts him with a banjo Haw Haw.lol hee hee

Yeah. I agree with you. If someones die, it must be Ignitus or Cynder. But not Sparx. Spyro would not be the same without him.
---
Dagnabbit.
SFRB Green Sparx Gems: 218
#41 Posted: 08:28:28 06/09/2007
HOMG
SOMEBODY DIES!!!!!!!o-o
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. smilie
.......maybe it'll bee........uuhhh........................OMG
MY DREAM!!!!!!!!smilie
..................it might have come true.........
I had this dream that Spyro died DAN DAN DAAAAANNNN
and Sparx was crying his guts out and sCREEAAMING "OMG OMG OMG"
o-o and he was crying smilie
---
RED'S WORSE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!*laughs like a madman and falls off chair*
YO MA HOMAIES!!!!!teh Spyro Hippy's in da HOUSE!!!!
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10775
#42 Posted: 11:42:27 06/09/2007
Yeah but Spyro doesnt die... It's either Sparx, Cynder or Ignitus. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Ignitus...
#43 Posted: 13:32:55 06/09/2007 | Topic Creator
Yeah. Ignitus is after all an old dragon and Cynder hadn't been they're friend for very long.
---
Dagnabbit.
Nayamou Green Sparx Gems: 310
#44 Posted: 14:46:05 06/09/2007
It can NOT be Spyro or Sparx, because this is a PREQUEL. If a character dies, my theory is that the Dark Master possesses Spyro in the final part and he kills Cynder himself.

maybe.
#45 Posted: 16:15:02 06/09/2007
If there's any way we can make some sort of connection, this is the one theory that I keep thinking might have a close possibility.

Surely by the third game in the story arc, the storyline would have built up and up to the point that the Dark Master would regain all forms of maniacal power, hence a dynamic duel with Spyro. Either the Dark Master would face defeat by the hands of said dragon, or the only way to defeat him would be to make a sacrifice. Either way, the battle would result in the demise of the DM and would also result in a rapid deteriation of strength for our dragon hero.

At this point, either Spyro would die right there, or he would still live although completely unable to fight any future battles to that extent. Whichever of the situations happen, the dragon civilisation would decide to honor the purple dragon of prophecy by making sure all purple dragons born from there on in are named Spyro. Surely the series ended up getting the Legend of Spyro title tag from some kind of plot development, right? o.O
ignitus Ripto Gems: 311
#46 Posted: 13:21:49 08/09/2007
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Im a big fan of ignitus!
#47 Posted: 19:48:02 08/09/2007
Don't fret, Iggy. This is just speculation. I'm pretty skeptical that anyone will die in TEN.
#48 Posted: 20:12:36 08/09/2007
Thanks Razz oh dont call me iggy my names ignitus!
#49 Posted: 00:42:23 09/09/2007
Woops, sorry Ignitus! smilie We've been calling him "Iggy" when we play the game and it sort of lodged in my mind. I shall do my best not to let it slip again. smilie
#50 Posted: 09:58:50 09/09/2007
Its ok Razz!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me