Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 12 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Spyro: Redemption (TDoS) [CLOSED]
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#551 Posted: 22:01:21 22/02/2011
I've just listened to the soundtrack, I must say it was good. Abit unfitting for a final boss and sounds more like something from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but still good.

However!- The quality itself was terrible. I've heard neater OSTs from GameBoys(I.E. Tetris music), not joking, and that's saying a lot...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#552 Posted: 22:49:17 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, the reason why I think it fits is simply because... Well, the game is going to be a 2D RPG, almost GBA sytle... So, 8-Bit music kind of does fit well in my opinion.
#553 Posted: 22:53:13 22/02/2011
IMO, it isn't just 8-bit. It's... Almost unbearable... Gaahhhhh...

But I'm sure you aren't going to change it, so I guess for the first time in my video gaming history I'm gonna have to turn down the music on the final boss...
#554 Posted: 22:54:49 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Listen to the original song, look up 'UN Owen Was Her' on YouTube... If you think it sounds better, then I'll just keep it as the original song rather than a slightly slowed down version...
#555 Posted: 23:06:06 22/02/2011
They both sound like GB STs...
#556 Posted: 23:13:10 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh well, you can't please everyone can you...
#557 Posted: 23:14:12 22/02/2011
Obviously... >.<
#558 Posted: 21:38:08 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
To those of you who actually give a ****, I went to AntarticSpyro's house today. Wow, forgive me but I'll probably sound pretty 'wowed' all through this post. It was so weird, so much like a dream. It didn't help that the moment I saw her I ran up to her and hugged her as hard as I could, I almost cried I was that excited. Anyway, so I took the demo to her house and we went through it, I explained all the details of it and such and she was amazed, her sister too. They were amazed what I'd managed to achieve so far. I also discussed some plot aspects of Redemption too, which I think went pretty well. I forgot to take my note book, so I didn't write any of it down but I can remember most of the details.

Anyway, so to those of you who care I had a brilliant day with her, it was incredible to meet her finally, I'm hopefully going to be seeing her again in April so everything went well... Especially with her parents, which all teenage boys know... Is the most nervous part of the whole experience smilie.
GrandSpyro18 Blue Sparx Gems: 896
#559 Posted: 22:43:21 23/02/2011
sweet sound like the demo review went well?
---
Ugh
#560 Posted: 23:02:39 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
lol, yeah... The demo went well, smilie JK
#561 Posted: 23:04:30 23/02/2011
jk? soo it didn't?
---
Ugh
#562 Posted: 23:11:56 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yes, it went well... I mean the whole... DEMO, wasn't really the subject of the post smilie
#563 Posted: 23:14:26 23/02/2011
okay then was the whole review with antarticspyro good smilie
---
Ugh
#564 Posted: 23:22:18 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
*sigh*, do I have to do all the work for you D:!!!! smilie

This was the first time I have ever met AntarticSpyro in person... I was ****ting myself, but it worked good... So good... Better than good... Absolutely brilliant...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#565 Posted: 07:35:09 24/02/2011
Good to know you had a good time with her then. And that the game is going good, how hard is it and all?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#566 Posted: 08:42:28 24/02/2011
Good to know things are going smoothly.

A bit late, but 50mb ain't so bad for me, as long as I delete some of my rubbish- which is a LOT, I'm not joking. smilie
Though it is stunning the first level takes up a quarter of a 3DS cartridge! o.o

Also... Ummm... Never mind! smilie
#567 Posted: 13:09:52 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
Good to know you had a good time with her then. And that the game is going good, how hard is it and all?

I'm gonna add difficulty settings, so there's no real way of saying how hard it is smilie
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#568 Posted: 00:57:20 25/02/2011
I like the music... smilie

Also, glad to know that day went good. smilie
#569 Posted: 21:26:12 25/02/2011
Okay, but what I meant to say was how hard it is developing the game and such.
---
I draw stuff.
#570 Posted: 21:35:35 25/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, but what I meant to say was how hard it is developing the game and such.

Oh! I see! Well, it's an easy process, but it's pretty long smilie
#571 Posted: 00:09:48 05/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Click this... You'll be better for doing it...
#572 Posted: 05:14:15 05/03/2011
You're working on quite a few games now, I'd try not to pile up anymore, lol. But it is a good idea for a game. smilie
---
I draw stuff.
darkspyro291 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1738
#573 Posted: 15:15:41 15/03/2011
haven't been hearing from you any new updates?
#574 Posted: 16:05:59 15/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, lost of stuff has happened recently. I just CBA to update it, you'll see why soon.
#575 Posted: 20:35:59 20/03/2011 | Topic Creator

More OST... Also, tomorrow I'll try and get a developers log done... Yeah, you heard me right...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:28 20/03/2011 by bionicle2809
#576 Posted: 18:34:59 23/03/2011
heyz thats the music from Fable Awesomeness Bio
---
Ugh
#577 Posted: 19:49:56 23/03/2011 | Topic Creator
It's my favourite music from Fable (:

Edit: Just listening to it makes me want to play the game smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:32 23/03/2011 by bionicle2809
#578 Posted: 20:18:25 23/03/2011
how about fable III !
---
Ugh
#579 Posted: 20:27:11 23/03/2011
Isn't that music on the website?
---
I draw stuff.
#580 Posted: 23:03:28 23/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GrandSpyro18
how about fable III !

Not after downloading 'Traitors Keep'... Bloody broke the game smilie... It was good DLC, but still broke the game...

Isn't that music on the website?

It's the same music, yeah... Just slower and deeper...

Also, for anyone who's interested... I've started writing Redemption in 'Novelization' form on DA...

http://bionicle2809.deviantart.com/#/d3cb7x7

PROLOGUE PLZ!
#581 Posted: 00:59:50 27/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok... I've really got to start making regular developers logs so I don't have to to type out all my updates smilie... Well, before we get in to the main item of today I'd just like to point out that if I don't finish this within the next 8 minutes, then it will have taken an hour and 8 minutes to complete this whole update. We loose an hour today at 1am, and it's getting close... So, I've got to make this quick.

Ok, (7) so I've been discussing more ideas with AntarticSpyro recently. Incase no one knows, she's kind of like... Co-creator of the game. I make all the little details but we exchange ideas occasionally with each other. (6) My most recent idea were training areas for all of the locations in the Dragon kingdom. Like one for the Valley, one for Warfang ETC where you can learn new ability's (I've planned a climb ability to be learnt (5) in the valley and in Warfang I've planned to have a headbash ability that, much like in Spyro 2 and 3, can destroy stone to get to new areas and fine extra collectables.

(4) Ok, so if you've been paying attention to my other projects you will know that I've been working on a game called "Spyro: Reborn". I'm not going to be talking about it here, but I'm going to say one thing. I had a system where you could collect orbs and then equip them to Spyro and Other dragons (3) to give them other ability's. I've decided to implement this into Redemption, in the form of Relics; like in TEN.

That's all I really have to see, I'll try and get some more OST uploaded and a developers log will be done (2) ASAP so go and sub to the Spyro: Redemption YouTube account. Anyway, that's all for the update... See you in my next exciting update where I will not be racing against time... Also, go play Crash Bandicoot: Race Agaisnt Time (look it up on Google, you'll find it on yoyo games)... Tell them that Bionicle2809 sent you. (1) Just made it, anyway... See ya
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#582 Posted: 01:22:24 31/03/2011
Nice theme.

And interesting 'updates'. smilie
#583 Posted: 06:01:53 31/03/2011
Sounds interesting, I can't wait to play it. smilie
---
I draw stuff.
#584 Posted: 15:26:38 31/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Some time in April, AntarticSpyro should be coming round my house... So I might do some editing whilst she's here and we could do a... CO-UPDATE TYPE **** THING!
#585 Posted: 23:16:41 02/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, it was a week ago since I made my last update on Redemption... So, here's another update... I've not really done much recently, I've just been writing down notes whenever I can. If I can't get to sleep some times then I'll turn on my bedside lamp and write down some ideas and such for the game. However, I really need to buy a proper note book... I've been living off a Simpsons themed not book for years now. I started using it for ideas back in 2008... Yeah...

Anyway, I've been thinking of extra features that I can add to the game and such. I'm going to try and make it so that the main plot of the game is only about 50% of the whole game. I mean like, adding loads more to the game that is optional that you can do whenever you feel like it. I mean, imagine... This game is the idea of 6 games put together, if 6 games were only half of it imagine how long the game would be? We're talking like... Days to complete the game! I mean... DAYS FFS! THAT R LIKE! AGES! In all seriousness, I hope that the game will be as long as possible. For too long have we suffered under the sin that is, making games incredibly short... I can complete most modern games in 8 hours... 100%... And that's probably the longest.

Anyway, I've never really been one for having too much in the way of optional stuff... I mean, when I completed Fable II the only think that kept me returning to it was the DLC. There are loads of quests that I've never completed because nothing is drawing me back to it... So, maybe I could try and make something that make people want to return to the game once they've completed it? I'm not sure what at the moment, other than the possibility of some DLC. I shouldn't really talk about any DLC possibilities as I'll be falling into the trap of stating an idea and have people say things like "WHY R THIS NOT IN TEH FINISHED GAME!!!!!!!!" and such... To be honest, you're not paying for the game so I don't see what difference it would make. However, you are paying for the broadband to download the DLC which could irritate some people if the game ended up being over 1GB... Which it probably will...

You could always donate £10 to charity and have a physical version of the game sent to you though!!!!!!!!! Wow! Like that won't cost me a lot of money in the future... No news on boxart design yet. I have a plan but I need to talk it over with AntarticSpyro. I could (try) and do it myself, but that would be rather irritating to achieve... I can't draw... Nuff said. So, thus concludes my update for the week. Hopefully I'll have got some stuff done for next weeks update and hopefully at some other point, I'll have AntarticSpyro with me so we can both do an update at once... Hoo-rah...
#586 Posted: 20:57:10 07/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Hi gaiz... Anyway, started working on the trailer today. I plan to get it completed and released for E3 2011. I'm not going or anything stupid like that, it just feels right to release a trailer for a game in one of the biggest electronics expo's in the world... If not that, then it'll be comic con or something... Or maybe when I ****ing feel like it smilie. Mainly most of the time making the trailer was finding some good music to use for it... It's just gonna be a teaser, about 1 minute long or so and it's hard to find good music that it that short or can be cut down to be that short. Plus, a lot of good trailer scores are overused these days. I remember back in the day when I could get away with some Immediate Music... Now I have to get deep into things that I've never heard of before. Occasionally I will find a very good Two Steps from Hell... Anyway, I'm not going to tell you what the music is going to be. It'll be a surprise!

Still no definite date on when AntarticSpyro will be coming round my house. However, expect a big update on that day. An update in the game, an update on here and most likely a developers log (FINALLY!)

Anyway, I've finally finished mapping the Valley of Avalar! So, now I can get the rest of the game done. The next on my list of levels to make is Skelos Tunnel. In the Spore version of TDoS TDS, Skelos Tunnel was the third level. It was a straight, short tunnel fulled with spiders and it lead to Warfang. Now I have the chance to make it as long as I want. I'll make it almost like a maze, with many different paths to explore and such. Anyway, look forwards to that being made and such. After that it'll be Warfang, the level I dreaded making the most out of all. It took ages to make in Spore, and it'll take just as long to make here... Well, maybe not as long. When I make the resurrected 'Ancient Earth Golem' I might make him a boss with separate health for his arms/head and such... So, look forwards to that boss (if you can in any way). Again, Warfang should be like a maze but I don't want to make it as large and confusing as Skelos tunnel considering that you won't be able to visit it all the way through the game... ANYWAY! Enough spoilers, Warfang will probably take the longest so I'll be working on other levels whilst I can too. The last level won't take too long to make, but lets not get onto that for now at least.

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed this little snippet into the development of the game over the past few days and... Adios...
#587 Posted: 02:25:14 12/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone... LOADS of progress done in the past few days, simply because I've been trying to get as much done to show AntarticSpyro. Ok, so all the dialogue for the first level has been put into the game, all of the enemies for the second level have been evented (not sprited yet) but I can get that done before the end of the week. Considering it's the easter holidays and I've got 2 weeks off, I'll be able to get loads done in this time. I have got some revision to be doing for exams when I come back to school next term so I won't be working on it all the time, but most of the time this game will be my number 1 focus. Also, I need to buy a notebook still... Nuff said. So, that's a short little update on progress so far because it's gone 3am FFS! So, I'll be going off to bed after I've wrote this. I'd like to end on a small note... Go subscribe to the Redemption YT account (if anyone actually reads this **** anymore anyway).
#588 Posted: 23:44:06 14/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone... Simply, **** developer logs. I've decided to make a live developers log stream. This'll be something that I'll probably do often but this first in the series of developers logs will start at 4pm GMT (UK and Ireland) on the 15th of April so go check what time that is in your timezone. In the stream I'll be showing some gameplay, showing some actual game development and answering any questions you have about the game... Well, not all at least.

LINKS TO TEH STREAM!

By the time anyone reads this, it'll probabaly have been past the date but I'll record the streams and upload them onto my Ustream account so you can watch them in the future. Hope to see you there (:
#589 Posted: 01:50:24 15/04/2011
Well, if you want, I could help with the art... I mean, I'd see a lot of spoilers but I can make a lot of original art, rather than those Photoshop remakes of the wrinkly DoTD art you used for the title, and keep my mouth zipped, I wouldn't even post it in my art topic if you'd like that.
Not that the title is bad, it's more badass, but you should really get somebody to make original art for it instead because not only does the Dawn art look angry(or in Ignitus' case demented) from every prospect but(obviously) EL, or whoever owns the right to that art could sue you and I don't think many people would be happy about this project ending.
#590 Posted: 09:16:20 15/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Well, if you want, I could help with the art... I mean, I'd see a lot of spoilers but I can make a lot of original art, rather than those Photoshop remakes of the wrinkly DoTD art you used for the title, and keep my mouth zipped, I wouldn't even post it in my art topic if you'd like that.
Not that the title is bad, it's more badass, but you should really get somebody to make original art for it instead because not only does the Dawn art look angry(or in Ignitus' case demented) from every prospect but(obviously) EL, or whoever owns the right to that art could sue you and I don't think many people would be happy about this project ending.

I've already got someone doing my art, AntarticSpyro. She's working on the game with me doing the plot and such so it doesn't really matter if she knows spoilers. Also, that logo was just a filler for when I get some actual artwork, I wanted to get it done ASAP on the day of making it rather than waiting.
#591 Posted: 14:46:47 15/04/2011 | Topic Creator
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14042321

In case you weren't there, there's a link to the recording of the stream.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:30 15/04/2011 by bionicle2809
#592 Posted: 12:35:16 23/04/2011
Oh. Well, if y'need some more, I'm always open to do some.
#593 Posted: 20:58:31 28/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok, so I've made 3 more levels since I last updated... Yeah...

So, I've made Skelos Tunnel (reference to Skelos Badlands), Glimmer Cave (Reference to Glimmer) and Warfang... Which is Warfang. Just the main area of Warfang though, so pretty much the part you went around in DOTD. I'm making it so you can actually walk into half of the buildings and such and also there's going to be like hidden places that you can find in the city and such. I'm also going to have a battle area for Warfang, where you have a list of enemies and you can battle them to train for like weaknesses and such and gain random experience! Hurray! There's also going to be puzzle areas, with puzzle solving and ****. In all honesty, the game is going much better than I had originally anticipated. I've gotten much further through the development than I had expected and am on my target for the release date! Yay!#

Ok, so I've also started adding controller configuration and such, so you can use your magical 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' on the game smilie!!!!! When the game's out, I'll post the controls and such. RPG Maker VX (the engine I'm using) has a built in controller mapper and works very much like a DS. 4 buttons, directions, 2 shoulder buttons and the start and select buttons. The only different is that the analog click's also count as buttons and instead of the d-pad it uses the left stick... And that's the only thing I can't actually change... It's really irritating using a 360° stick on a game that has 4 directions... Oh yeah, also the game is going to have an online mode. That's something I announced at the developers log, but some of you may not have been there when it was on and CBA to watch the recorded version. So, look forwards to that and more details coming soon and such!

I've got a day off school tomorrow (**** yes!) so I might be either working on the game or my Portal LP... Actually, that'll take about an hour to do so most likely the game... See you whenever I can be arsed to update smilie!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:50 28/04/2011 by bionicle2809
Cynderella Red Sparx Gems: 77
#594 Posted: 01:01:28 17/05/2011
Hi I was just wondering for the game, which console will it be for? And it's coming out in 2011 right?
#595 Posted: 08:04:01 17/05/2011
Sounds awesome, bionicle!

@ Cynderella: It's for the computer.
---
I draw stuff.
#596 Posted: 09:17:12 22/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderella
Hi I was just wondering for the game, which console will it be for? And it's coming out in 2011 right?

It's coming out on PC on the 21st of December 2012, also sorry for the late reply.
#597 Posted: 22:05:48 07/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh hai gaiz! Redemption is coming out on the Wii U...

I hope you didn't believe me there.

Anyway, as it's E3 I'll be uploading an E3 type demo later on in the week. See you then
wingsofpurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#598 Posted: 23:38:44 02/11/2011
cool.
---
"Man! will you ever run out of muffins?"
"No. Because I work at ze muffin factory."
First | Previous | Page 12 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me