Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 237 of 276 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 235 236 237 238 239 ... 274 275 276
Leaving/Returning Thread [STICKY]
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#11801 Posted: 08:28:28 29/04/2017
Quote: Lunarz
being called a name isn't really reason to kill yourself tho so

This is dependent on the state or situation the person is in really, words, no matter where they come from, can hurt just as much as a punch to the face. Insults can be just as bad as physical pain, but instead bringing it on in an emotional form. It really doesn't matter how these words are sent, whether through text, or through one's own voice it will still hit a person like any punch can do. When something like an insult is directed toward someone, then they'll think that they are what they were called, and it's really hard to help those negative thoughts.

Again though, the situation depends on the state of the person who received it, they might just brush it off, they might take it but try to continue forward, or the person might have depression for quite awhile. And then the state of the person, how they take the word, depends on other factors too... How long a person has taken such things, like if they've been taking it for years or called so a million times, if there are already things going on in a person's life and other things like that.

The fact is, words have more power than people tend to think. Whether it was just name calling, insults, or saying rather terrible things, any of those things can be taken emotionally. Text, letters, or voice it all means something for someone.

All I'm trying to convey is, something like that shouldn't be taken in a small way. And that people, no matter which side it is, should be more careful with what they say. Because it can and will kill people, on the inside and quite possibly on the outside. I also want to convey and let people be aware of understanding the situation better for the person going through these things so they may word their sentences in a better way.

That said I do hope and pray that nothing has happened to thumper... I very much hope and pray nothing happened.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:56:10 29/04/2017 by Dark Lord
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#11802 Posted: 18:59:42 29/04/2017
Looks like I'm back! smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#11803 Posted: 19:31:15 29/04/2017
Quote: yelvy

Welcome back! And to some interesting Skylanders Academy news ;3
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#11804 Posted: 21:31:19 29/04/2017
Quote: yelvy

Welcome back!
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#11805 Posted: 06:29:31 30/04/2017
Oh hey look it's me. I'm not dead.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#11806 Posted: 06:45:33 30/04/2017
Quote: AmethystRose

I've missed you so much ahhh
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#11807 Posted: 09:35:53 30/04/2017
Quote: AmethystRose

Welcome back too!
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11808 Posted: 15:44:24 02/05/2017
Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: Trix Master 100
Quote: Waaksian

That looked like a typical ****post you see from him, to me. It's S&N, people talk like that all the time. Plus, those two are always joking around with each other, and so were the other users.

I feel like that was very unwarranted, as there was no malicious intent.

I feel like it was malicious intent, since his Personal Thought post did not make the scenario any better. Granted it's vague af, but that's the main issue it's vague af. Could be taken anyway you think.

Also before any mod gets the "Mods are too harash/nazis speech" I just want to remind you guys that it you that said that we're not harsh enough. -shrugs-

Lol it's not that mods are too harsh or not harsh enough, it's that they're so ****ing selective it's unreal. The only one who isn't unbiased is CAV, but too bad he's never on. Now, forgive me, but I'm gonna use a Windumup example, because I specifically remember this happening. Windumup has been called cringy multiple times by multiple users, and nothing is ever done of it, as it should be. It's ok to say someone's being cringy lol just don't attack them about it. But as soon as a disliked user posts to a friend of his by like 2 years that he thought it was cringy, the mods decide to take action. This selectiveness is also the reason that Sess can tell users to **** off, but a disliked user can't state his opinion that someone's action was cringeworthy. Because Sess is friends with the majority of users around here, including the mods, and they just let it slide. I'm not picking sides here either, I'm friends with Sess too, we tight. It's just a poor excuse to say that calling something cringeworthy was malicious but telling a user specifically to "**** off with your bull****" had less malicious intent than the former lol.

Also the fact that Sess's post was during an argument (which mods should be more prone to stop) compared to just a generic post lmao
and Sess please don't think I'm targeting you cuz I'm not, you're my bff ily I'm just using you as an example ;~;

Oh I see. I have been trying to not have any bias cards about, and try be more active. But I guess my thought on what happened wasn't true and I beg for forgiveness there. I should've waited for more context. Also I did talk with a user and they seemed as confused as well.

I apologize for my mistake here. I try to get as much context as can at the moment. Like I usually see about 2-3 mods tell me some things and go from there really, but I guess need to wait for about 5 mods to let me know about situations in more detail.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#11809 Posted: 15:48:20 02/05/2017

I feel like it was malicious intent, since his Personal Thought post did not make the scenario any better. Granted it's vague af, but that's the main issue it's vague af. Could be taken anyway you think.

Also before any mod gets the "Mods are too harash/nazis speech" I just want to remind you guys that it you that said that we're not harsh enough. -shrugs-

Lol it's not that mods are too harsh or not harsh enough, it's that they're so ****ing selective it's unreal. The only one who isn't unbiased is CAV, but too bad he's never on. Now, forgive me, but I'm gonna use a Windumup example, because I specifically remember this happening. Windumup has been called cringy multiple times by multiple users, and nothing is ever done of it, as it should be. It's ok to say someone's being cringy lol just don't attack them about it. But as soon as a disliked user posts to a friend of his by like 2 years that he thought it was cringy, the mods decide to take action. This selectiveness is also the reason that Sess can tell users to **** off, but a disliked user can't state his opinion that someone's action was cringeworthy. Because Sess is friends with the majority of users around here, including the mods, and they just let it slide. I'm not picking sides here either, I'm friends with Sess too, we tight. It's just a poor excuse to say that calling something cringeworthy was malicious but telling a user specifically to "**** off with your bull****" had less malicious intent than the former lol.

Also the fact that Sess's post was during an argument (which mods should be more prone to stop) compared to just a generic post lmao
and Sess please don't think I'm targeting you cuz I'm not, you're my bff ily I'm just using you as an example ;~;

Oh I see. I have been trying to not have any bias cards about, and try be more active. But I guess my thought on what happened wasn't true and I beg for forgiveness there. I should've waited for more context. Also I did talk with a user and they seemed as confused as well.

I apologize for my mistake here. I try to get as much context as can at the moment. Like I usually see about 2-3 mods tell me some things and go from there really, but I guess need to wait for about 5 mods to let me know about situations in more detail.

Why not just go straight to the users? Ask everyone involved what's going on and come up with a solution.

Edit: also I guess now is a good time to mention that I'm back. Breath of the wild kind of took over my life for a bit, then I got sick, then my wife and I finally got to go on a honeymoon, then I got sick again, but I've been back for about a week, I just haven't been very active. I missed you all ;~;
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:39 02/05/2017 by AestheticDragon
#11810 Posted: 17:13:19 02/05/2017
Quote: AestheticDragon

Why not just go straight to the users? Ask everyone involved what's going on and come up with a solution.

Edit: also I guess now is a good time to mention that I'm back. Breath of the wild kind of took over my life for a bit, then I got sick, then my wife and I finally got to go on a honeymoon, then I got sick again, but I've been back for about a week, I just haven't been very active. I missed you all ;~;

til aetheticdragon is old enough to have a wife
---
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#11811 Posted: 17:17:05 02/05/2017

I'm probably not at old as you are thinking. It's fairly normal to get married right after high school where I live
#11812 Posted: 17:32:13 02/05/2017

I'm probably not at old as you are thinking. It's fairly normal to get married right after high school where I live

til aestheticdragon is young enough to have a wife
---
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#11813 Posted: 19:46:02 02/05/2017
Does anyone remember me? I'm tempted to return
---
smilie
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#11814 Posted: 20:02:54 02/05/2017
Quote: Shagaru Magala

um NO, XD
---
BREATHE AIR.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11815 Posted: 20:06:23 02/05/2017

Oh wait I actually do.
---
Bruh
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#11816 Posted: 20:06:47 02/05/2017
Quote: Pixilism

who are u?

Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

um NO, smilie

._. *inhale* well I guess I can't blame you c:
---
smilie
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#11817 Posted: 20:33:37 02/05/2017

I'm sure I saw you around before, but that's all I remember of you.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#11818 Posted: 22:55:17 02/05/2017
I usually don't care much about accusations of personal bias, because ordinary users really don't have many accurate ways of telling what individual mods do and what they discuss behind closed doors. Basically it's all just guesswork. What they have are "suspicions" of bias, ones that usually mirror their own opinions on the individuals that work as mods.

In this case, I'd only like to reiterate that if you hold such suspicions, inquiries, or in any way have a problem with the way I personally do my job as a moderator you can always tell me about it. I'll gladly accept constructive criticism so long as you're ready to discuss the subject if needed, and your case doesn't just boil down to a bunch of passive aggressive quips. It beats sulking.

I'm guessing this won't convince anyone who has already made up their mind about the subject. They're free to believe what they will. Either way, it doesn't really rustle my jimmies.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#11819 Posted: 23:16:27 02/05/2017

Um, yes I actually do, you used to post in forum games, and I'd see you around Stuff and Nonsense and Video Games. Welcome back buddy!

[User Posted Image]
#11820 Posted: 23:49:42 02/05/2017

Honestly. I don't know why I wasn't thinking that. I should probably do that from now on. Though if it's a 10 user way, I would personally need help because I literally cannot keep track of 10 people.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#11821 Posted: 05:11:52 03/05/2017
he meant you are unbiased, it was a typo

Lunarz is right I meant you're the only unbiased one sorry

Please read beyond the first sentence.

I still argue Samius is more unbiased.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#11822 Posted: 05:25:46 03/05/2017
^ I kind of agree. Samius seems pretty unbiased from what I've seen. He was my first thought when reading Mesu's post.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#11823 Posted: 10:37:14 03/05/2017
Thanks guys. It's always heartening to hear things like that.
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#11824 Posted: 09:45:12 04/05/2017
I last visited this place in 2013???????????????? Holy crap, well I am back again. Man, hi guys.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
#11825 Posted: 15:30:28 04/05/2017
Welcome back!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#11826 Posted: 23:23:08 06/05/2017
What I posted in another topic...

Since September me and a group of friends have been working on a game together. It is a project for college and is one of the final assignments for the course before I leave college. So some of you may have noticed (or maybe not smilie) that I haven't been online as much recently, that's because I've overwhelmed with the amount of work to do for not just this project but many other separate assignments. College as a whole is going to finish mid-end of June but hopefully with all of my assignments now coming to an end, I have a lot more free time!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#11827 Posted: 23:24:05 06/05/2017
Quote: TTD
What I posted in another topic...

Since September me and a group of friends have been working on a game together. It is a project for college and is one of the final assignments for the course before I leave college. So some of you may have noticed (or maybe not smilie) that I haven't been online as much recently, that's because I've overwhelmed with the amount of work to do for not just this project but many other separate assignments. College as a whole is going to finish mid-end of June but hopefully with all of my assignments now coming to an end, I have a lot more free time!

Poly's Adventure looks so cute, I just watched it's trailer! Also, good to see you back soon!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#11828 Posted: 05:08:23 08/05/2017
Yo guys wassu-

[User Posted Image]
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#11829 Posted: 16:06:06 08/05/2017
I'll be going on a school trip for a few days tomorrow, but I can still be here for a while.
---
Soon.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#11830 Posted: 02:10:58 09/05/2017
Temporarily back because of recent Skylanders rumors, and the upcoming E3.

After those are done, I probably won't stay long. If I even stay that long.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#11831 Posted: 10:37:53 09/05/2017
Welcome back!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11832 Posted: 16:21:01 10/05/2017
I'll be posting updates on gnarly here instead of making separate topics so yeah

he's informed me via YT that he's taking a break from youtube/internet due to some personal issues (potential mental health problems), hope he feels better soon

he comments on most, if not all of my youtube videos so we keep in touch
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:06 10/05/2017 by ZapNorris
#11833 Posted: 16:30:23 10/05/2017
Just don't forget to tell him he has to deepen his bonds with other people that share his aesthetics. Oh, and carry plenty of Snuff Souls at all times.

I'LL TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY WITH NO SHAME
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:30:57 10/05/2017 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11834 Posted: 21:23:57 10/05/2017
dammit

gg bifrost
#11835 Posted: 21:45:18 10/05/2017
You can edit your post but you can't remove my memory
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#11836 Posted: 03:46:01 12/05/2017
It seems that Thumper was ripto'd
---
Gay 4 GARcher
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#11837 Posted: 17:15:49 12/05/2017
I'm back.

Yeah, that's all I got. Don't worry, I read through just about all the new Skylanders news and stuff.
---
Soon.
#11838 Posted: 17:16:11 12/05/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
I'm back.

Yeah, that's all I got. Don't worry, I read through just about all the new Skylanders news and stuff.

:0 welcome back
---
#11839 Posted: 11:11:59 13/05/2017
Quote: DragonCamo
It seems that Thumper was ripto'd

It was a requested ban, apparently.
Canidae Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#11840 Posted: 14:31:36 13/05/2017
It appears as though Alydol has been ripto'd as well at some point.
---
These violent delights have violent ends.
#11841 Posted: 18:29:09 13/05/2017
Quote: Canidae

Yeah. That's kind of what happens when you do not listen to the mods about posting cat violence being a no no and do it anyways.
---
icon from Empoh
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#11842 Posted: 19:16:43 13/05/2017
[User Posted Image]
- - -
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#11843 Posted: 19:20:40 13/05/2017

- - -
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7072
#11844 Posted: 21:12:12 13/05/2017
thumper too??

nearly all my friends have either left or been ripto'd .__.
#11845 Posted: 16:05:49 14/05/2017

Yeah. That's kind of what happens when you do not listen to the mods about posting cat violence being a no no and do it anyways.

tmw I pm'd dark about it awhile ago telling him he should probably ripto her
---
#11846 Posted: 20:03:52 14/05/2017

tfw I feel like it's better for a mod to suggest it since they can track your posts and use those instances to make good points. Either way what's done is done. No more talk about eating cats or any animals for that matter.

Plus another mod actually PM'd Dark with more evidence since you know we can track posts and some mods helped. It was more of a mod effort than 1 user saying so.
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:29 14/05/2017 by Trix Master 100
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#11847 Posted: 20:05:55 14/05/2017

tfw I feel like it's better for a mod to suggest it since they can track your posts and use those instances to make good points. Either way what's done is done. No more talk about eating cats or any animals for that matter.

Burgers are delicious, though!
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#11848 Posted: 20:36:13 14/05/2017

*domesticated house pets.
#11849 Posted: 22:02:59 14/05/2017

Plus another mod actually PM'd Dark with more evidence since you know we can track posts and some mods helped. It was more of a mod effort than 1 user saying so.

I never said it was my doing so, I was just saying it feels good cuz I had messaged him wanting her gone and now she's gone
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:31 14/05/2017 by Lunarz
First | Previous | Page 237 of 276 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 235 236 237 238 239 ... 274 275 276

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me