Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Share interesting videos
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#1 Posted: 19:07:06 12/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Do you know of any videos that are educational and/or otherwise interesting while also being easy to watch? I thought I'd make a topic for sharing and discussing those. Not for meme**** or jokes. Include a shord description if you can.

A short video about the effect wolves can have on the habitat surrounding them.

A 30-minute timelapse of the (potential) future of the universe with great audio and visuals. Contains flashing lights in some parts.

A guide on how to be the saddest person you can be, presumably so that you don't do it.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#2 Posted: 19:30:13 12/03/2020
subscribing so i can post the next good video essay i run into smilie

edit: finally found one worth posting. i will warn you, it derails for me at the 25 min mark.

while not gratuitous, it does talk about adult topics, so i'm spoilering it.

a lot of it hits very close to home for me
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:07 18/03/2020 by ThunderEgg
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#3 Posted: 13:27:42 19/03/2020 | Topic Creator
That's a pretty good one. I listened to the first five minutes of it now, and I'll have to continue later. I'll edit my thoughts into this post once I've seen all of it.

Edit: Having seen all of it, there are definitely some interesting insights in that video. The connection between infantilisation and religion was something I'd never really thought of before. Perhaps it paints organized religion in a needlessly sinister light, considering that clergymen/women are also individuals with different motivations and life experiences. I'd imagine in most peoples lives the threat of being subjected to another's will comes from those that are closest to them, i.e. family and friends.

I think I'll be checking out more videos from that channel.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:14 19/03/2020 by Samius
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#4 Posted: 16:14:59 19/03/2020
This is the last place I'd expect to see a plug for TheraminTrees. They're fantastic.
Not as deep, but some insight on Comic Sans:

The blatant deceptiveness of portable heating advertising:

Stinging Nettle Soup(!!!)
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:47 19/03/2020 by ThroneOfMalefor
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#5 Posted: 19:33:15 19/03/2020
i've never heard of theramin trees before...? they seem to skew their videos to speak to an atheistic message. which is neither here nor there for me, but i thought their deconstruction of infantilization was good. i think my youtube recommendations are getting weirder and weirder as the day goes by tbh

my next offerings:

---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#6 Posted: 03:25:07 20/03/2020
haven't watched a lot of video essays lately so here's some animated shorts

losing yourself in a game. either trying to distract yourself from the outside world or getting caught in too deep. i'm sure a lot of people have experienced this feeling before.

a wholesome adaption of bremen town musicians. very catchy music, nice animation with an aesthetically pleasing style.

hippie artist goes out to experience nature but ends up experiencing something unnatural. also the godfather love theme is playing for some reason.

if you think peter jackson ****ed up the hobbit already this will give you an aneurysm. i like the art style at least.
epilepsy warning: they use flashing colors as a substitute for animation at some points
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#7 Posted: 22:06:36 25/03/2020
Disney history videos are classics.

---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#8 Posted: 23:44:14 25/03/2020
i really like watching old videos of times where cameras were rare. this is a video of soldiers during the vietnam war smoking weed out of a shotgun

this is a 2004-2005 video of soldiers in iraq during lunch

90s new york in hd vhs

heres edited 1911 new york

and my favorite 1913 japan

crazy how this was the last era where it was encouraged to wear kimonos instead of western clothes
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:47:47 25/03/2020 by somePerson
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me