Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Kindred Fates All Purpose
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#1 Posted: 00:41:59 08/02/2020 | Topic Creator

A brand new Monster collector game looking absolutely beautiful and unique, some people see new games of the genre and say "Ripoff Pokemon". One example being Temtem, which really does feel rushed and lacking some uniqueness from the gameplay I've seen of it. If you like it then that's fine, but I should be allowed to say I wont be getting Temtem unless major changes happens.

This doesn't feel that way in my opinion, this feels absolutely unique similar to Yokai Watch and how they really change up the formula for the Monster collector Genre. I love Pokemon, and I think I will equally adore the new twist on a tried and true genre in this new franchise. I may use Pokemon to make some comparisons as to create a base we mostly know.

Some features to note

Customize your own house

A battle system I can only describe as the Pokemon Anime battles put into action. Being that the surrounding area along with dodging attacks by actively controlling your Kinfolk is the core key to winning battles.
Unlike pokemon where type match ups directly involve damage, Kinfolk types are spread among 9 types. Those being Fire, water, Gaia, air, mecha, earth, light, dark, and Nul. Each type while not having super effectiveness or otherwise increased or resisted damage from other types, has their own playstyle. For example lets look at the elemental triangle of fire, water, and Gaia (this game's equivalent of the "grass" type)
Fire is all about Zoner/Hit and Run play styles Favorable against Gaia but unfavorable by water
Water is all about Combo/Flow Based Kinfolk. Favorable against Fire but unfavorable against Gaia
Gaia is all about token/minion based combat. Favorable against Water but unfavorable against Fire.

One big important thing about combat, permadeath. Kinfolk do not "faint", they die. Dead, no way around it.
Ok slight lie, there is a way. Your Kinfolk will be represented by a flame, you can go back to where they fell in battle in order to get them back. BUT you cannot ignore that wild Kinfolk will be attacking you. If the flame goes out, that Kinfolk turns to an ash like substance. Your buddy is no more, you can go to a memorial near your house to pay respects to your fallen friend.
If you are scared your absolute partner, your signature Kinfolk will die and be lost forever. You have a key item that allows you to designate a single Kinfolk to automatically return if defeated in combat.

Also bond is a BIG thing about this game, if you do not treat your partners right then you will get penalized. You have to remember, these are living creatures and if you mistreat them your bond will go down and if that goes to the absolute bottom, don't expect it to want to stay with you! But, on the upside the stronger the bond the harder it is to lower the bond. So respect your Kinfolk, treat them like your friends and not tools and you will have plenty of time together.
As a bonus, Kinfolk can also talk ^-^ so become good friends with your Kinfolk and make memories.

One more thing, evolution! Similar to digimon, these games use branch evolutions
example
[User Posted Image]

The game is launching in a few years, so plenty of time to decide if you want to follow the game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ef=project_link
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:10 09/02/2020 by KrystalLBX
#2 Posted: 01:07:07 08/02/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
How is a game in early access being "rushed"???

And the problem wasn't that you said you disliked it, it's that you did it in a inflammatory way. (That, and it doesn't need to be brought up here anyways)

Lets just not talk about Temtem anymore on this topic, as it is offtopic.

Lets focus on the topic
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3 Posted: 03:20:33 08/02/2020
but you can be nonbinary in temtem...
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#4 Posted: 04:31:15 08/02/2020
No ghost type. Perma-death.
I sleep

On the other hand... having my own personal Lavender Town in my backyard sounds fun.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#5 Posted: 15:23:58 08/02/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
I sleep

On the other hand... having my own personal Lavender Town in my backyard sounds fun.....

Pseudo perma death
You can save your fallen team members, and you can mark one to never pass away

Also technically the ghost type is there, its just mixed in with dark
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:57 08/02/2020 by KrystalLBX
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#6 Posted: 23:53:03 08/02/2020
Quote: KrystalLBX
I sleep

Pseudo perma death

I think you forgot a few types then. OP says 9 types but only lists 6 and Dark wasn't one of them.

Why would I want to save them if I can have Lavender Town in my backyard instead?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:51 08/02/2020 by Seiki
#7 Posted: 02:29:31 09/02/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: KrystalLBX
I sleep

Pseudo perma death

I think you forgot a few types then. OP says 9 types but only lists 6 and Dark wasn't one of them.

Why would I want to save them if I can have Lavender Town in my backyard instead?

Oh right I forgot light, null, and dark

Also if it helps, technically all Kinfolk are spirit like creatures.
And the shinies are called phantoms
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:54 09/02/2020 by KrystalLBX
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me