Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Zetsu Tenrō Battōga
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 05:16:02 11/01/2020 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

this gory dog show is a trip
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#2 Posted: 05:30:59 11/01/2020
[User Posted Image]

I love the Ginga series! I prefer Ginga Nagareboshi Gin over Ginga Densetsu Weed though. Weed is kinda a ***** compared to his father Gin, in my opinion smilie Either way, great series!
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#3 Posted: 06:31:48 11/01/2020
who would win

japanese militarymen vs a large bear

a large bear vs some dogs with the zoomies
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#4 Posted: 08:39:50 11/01/2020
This series is one of those things that for whatever reason caught on in Finland really well, much like the Donald Duck comics. Talk to any Finnish person born in the 90s and they know "Hopeanuoli".

Quote: Spyroboy
I love the Ginga series! I prefer Ginga Nagareboshi Gin over Ginga Densetsu Weed though. Weed is kinda a ***** compared to his father Gin, in my opinion smilie Either way, great series!

I have to agree. I feel like Ginga Densetsu Weed had a lot of potential due to the talking villains, but in the end they didn't really vocalize much besides laugh and make threats. The bears just ended up seeming more enigmatic and powerful.
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#5 Posted: 11:25:32 11/01/2020
Quote: Samius
This series is one of those things that for whatever reason caught on in Finland really well, much like the Donald Duck comics. Talk to any Finnish person born in the 90s and they know "Hopeanuoli".

I have to agree. I feel like Ginga Densetsu Weed had a lot of potential due to the talking villains, but in the end they didn't really vocalize much besides laugh and make threats. The bears just ended up seeming more enigmatic and powerful.

Exactly. Another thing that really annoyed me with Ginga Densetsu Weed was how Weed "surpassed" ( smilie ) his father and became leader, compared to how his father, Gin became the leader. Gin went through so much more. A hell of a lot more, and took on ****ing bears, were as, Weed had to take on another dog (sure he was bigger, but definitely not equivalent to a bear) and he struggled with that.

Gin destroys the bear and becomes the leader after his father, Riki succumbs to his injuries, were as Weed is basically given the title of leader because he showed Mercy for not let killing Hougen, and stopping Gin from killing him. That made me really annoyed with the anime. I did however laugh my ass off when Hougen was struck down by a bolt of lightning smilie Had he not died, Jerome would have made a hell of a lot better leader than Weed.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 17:50:09 11/01/2020
Quote: Samius

Exactly. Another thing that really annoyed me with Ginga Densetsu Weed was how Weed "surpassed" ( smilie ) his father and became leader, compared to how his father, Gin became the leader. Gin went through so much more. A hell of a lot more, and took on ****ing bears, were as, Weed had to take on another dog (sure he was bigger, but definitely not equivalent to a bear) and he struggled with that.

Gin destroys the bear and becomes the leader after his father, Riki succumbs to his injuries, were as Weed is basically given the title of leader because he showed Mercy for not let killing Hougen, and stopping Gin from killing him. That made me really annoyed with the anime. I did however laugh my ass off when Hougen was struck down by a bolt of lightning smilie Had he not died, Jerome would have made a hell of a lot better leader than Weed.

Gin's adventure was definitely longer and it felt like he grew into the role of leader mentally as well as actually growing (can't forget that he joined the pack as a puppy, and by the end of the story he was an adult). He spent most of his journey taking orders and making friends, and that's why he gained the other's respect in the first place.

In Weed's case it felt like he just looked for his father, fought some battles, and in the end kind of ended up as leader because Gin (who was still alive and well) saw his naivety as a strength. And then there's the question of his age as well. If I'm not completely mistaken, the spring in Ōu is the first one he ever sees, so it's reasonable to assume that by the end of the anime Weed is about as old as Gin was when he left Daisuke and joined Riki's pack. With that in mind he seemed inexplicably strong throughout the story.

Admittedly all of this is only really a problem in the anime, because the story is effectively cut in half, ending right after Hougen dies. In the manga Weed's adventures continue on from that point and he does end up proving himself as a leader too.

I haven't read Ginga Densetsu Riki, -Orion, -The Last Wars or -Noah, but honestly I hope they came up with new concepts. At the very least Orion is a bit of an a******, which is a refreshing change from the "kind warrior"-type of main character.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#7 Posted: 03:13:37 12/01/2020
gfjgjkfdlgkjfldjklfgkjlfkjlds

I HAVE TO READ/WATCH THIS BUT I AM TOO BUSY WITH ROSE OF VERSAILLES *cryyyyingg*
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me