Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
TLOS wasn't that bad
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#1 Posted: 04:31:45 03/01/2020 | Topic Creator
I've seen a lot of people (especially around here) who say that they don't like this trilogy because it changed a platformer into a combat based game, but I think people are too harsh on this trilogy.

People like to say that the gameplay is too different and that it isn't true to the series roots. But the boost gameplay in the daytime stages is just as fast if not faster than the games before it, even Unwiished and the mobile version are quite fast.

The nighttime stages are mostly about slower paced combat though, but there is still a good amount of platforming to do in all 3 games, I guess people expected more after the disaster that was 2006.

The story wasn't "cringe", sure the Werehog was a weird idea but the way Sonic is able to adapt to those changes shows good character growth, it was also pretty sad when chip sacrificed himself to save Sonic, the character development was excellent and the risks in the story payed off.

Overall, people don't give the trilogy a chance, but what do you think? I'd like to hear some general smilie discussion.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#2 Posted: 04:40:15 03/01/2020
are you ready for this
i'm scared
just stay close to me
at long last my guests have arrived please come in such determination to get here it seems we share other qualities besides that of our color
no i'm nothing like you
do you think so hm we'll get to that
don't listen to him spyro don't listen to anything he says
you look so weary allow me to make you more comfortable there that's better isn't it it's the least i can do for you cynder after all you've done so much for me
you used her
i used her she used you what does it matter really
what does he mean
what he doesn't know go on tell him you mustn't leave him in the dark
tell me what
how she lured you to the well of souls how she tricked you into freeing me
you're lying
hm i find it peculiar how you've chosen to remember things let me assure you it was you who freed me spyro and you who brought me back and we have cynder to thank for that hahahaha
cynder is it true
no i don't know i don't know anymore
oh i think you do but perhaps you need a little nudge
cynder
hahahahahaha
cynder no
ignitus should have warned you you are alone here young dragon you have always been alone still here you are trying so desperately to save this miserable world refusing to accept the true role of the purple dragon i'm sure you've been told that i was the first of our kind but i assure you there have been many it has been the duty of our predecessors to resurrect the destroyer and the golems of the deep to bring about the great cleansing this is the true nature of our kind your destiny is to destroy the world
no i don't believe that
of course you don't but you have fulfilled your destiny nonetheless in my time i was stopped prevented from completing my quest but you you have carried the flame be it through your own will or not and soon the world will be destroyed you along with it
no
fight back
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahanyahahahahahahahahhahahaha
fight back why won't you fight back
because you've left me nothing to fight for
there's always something
nyargh so be it you've made your choice and you shall suffer the same fate prepare to die
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3 Posted: 04:45:03 03/01/2020
are you ready for this
i'm scared
just stay close to me
at long last my guests have arrived please come in such determination to get here it seems we share other qualities besides that of our color
no i'm nothing like you
you look so weary allow me to make you more comfortable there that's better isn't it it's the least i can do for you cynder after all you've done so much for me
you used her
what does he mean
tell me what
you're lying
hm i find it peculiar how you've chosen to remember things let me assure you it was you who freed me spyro and you who brought me back and we have cynder to thank for that hahahaha
cynder is it true
cynder
hahahahahaha
cynder no
ignitus should have warned you you are alone here young dragon you have always been alone still here you are trying so desperately to save this miserable world refusing to accept the true role of the purple dragon i'm sure you've been told that i was the first of our kind but i assure you there have been many it has been the duty of our predecessors to resurrect the destroyer and the golems of the deep to bring about the great cleansing this is the true nature of our kind your destiny is to destroy the world
no i don't believe that
of course you don't but you have fulfilled your destiny nonetheless in my time i was stopped prevented from completing my quest but you you have carried the flame be it through your own will or not and soon the world will be destroyed you along with it
no
fight back
there's always something
nyargh so be it you've made your choice and you shall suffer the same fate prepare to die
#4 Posted: 04:48:43 03/01/2020
ignitus no
spyro stop you can't do anything for him now
no he isn't gone
spyro let it go
no
no spyro don't
you can't stop me
you're right only you can do that please spyro don't do this we have to go on he wanted us to
it wasn't supposed to be like this i feel so alone
you're not alone
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#5 Posted: 19:27:45 03/01/2020
what's funny to me is this. despite the fact that everyone loves making fun of the legend of spyro series but the games did just as well and better than what spyro was post-enter the dragonfly in a general sense. old topic... //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=12983

dawn of the dragon, who gets the most hate, did far better than a hero's tail or the handhelds (obviously but still) and would've been considered success financially. it was enough to spawn a now cancelled movie but that can be attributed to activision/skylanders.

enter the dragonfly was the last acceptable sales and honestly since the first one it kept getting worse, instantly it dropped for 2 and year of the dragon.

on a non sales level

most people can't even remember the story yet still mock it. there's a lot of thing that actually do make more sense in it than people thought. not saying it's not all over the place, but the story is still coherent.

also what are we comparing it to again?

this as the script for the first game in cutscenes?

Intro
=====
D: Okay, rolling.
1: Oh, it's been peaceful here in the 5 worlds, or is it 6, uh, for a
dragon's age! We now have 12,000 treasure... or, is it 14,000...
I: What about this Gnasty Gnorc character? Now, I understand he's found a
magic spell to turn gems into warriors for his cause.
2: I'll take that question. Gnasty Gnorc is a simple creature.
G: Simple!?
2: He has been contained in a remote world, and is no threat to the dragon
kingdom.
G: No threat!?
2: Besides, he is ugly.
G: Ugly!? That does it!
S: Looks like I've got some things to do.

Outro (without 100%)
=====
S: Sorry I took so long, I kind of forgot about you.
I: So...what about Gnasty Gnorc?
S: Gnasty Gnorc? He's toast!
I: So now is there order again in the dragon kingdom?
S: Well, mostly. I still have some treasure to pick up.
I: What will you do next?
S: I'd say the sky's the limit.

Outro (with 100%)
=====
I: Spyro the Dragon, you've defeated Gnasty Gnorc, collected the dragon eggs,
saved all the dragons, and collected every bit of treasure in the dragon
kingdom. How do you feel?
S: I feel fired up, Bob. And I'm happy for the dragon world of course. I
certainly wouldn't want to stand the rest of my dragon days butting heads
with Gnasty Gnorc and his weird minions.
I: What's a minion?
S: Uh, Never mind. You know what they say: For every good battle, you need a
good adversary. And I felt that Gnasty, in spite of his misguided nature,
was a worthy opponent. Uggh...uh-oh, here we go again!

done. quality.

i love spyro 1, 2, 3, and 4 but just saying... spyro was never a story teller. lol

also i'm completely aware the first post itself is a joke which is why i thought i would ruin the fun by making a serious post lol
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:30:37 03/01/2020 by LindseyWednesdy
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#6 Posted: 22:21:17 03/01/2020
I loved the original three games the best out of the Spyro series, but I really loved and enjoyed the TLoS series. I've played through it several times. TEN was definitely my favourite, followed by ANB. I liked the combat style and enjoyed the story. I honestly wish DotD had of been made by the same studio as I really didn't like the way the characters looked, nor did I like the overall game play. They built Malefor up to seem really powerful, but the battle against him was weak. The first time I played it, I actually managed to get behind him, but he couldn't turn around, so I beat him within seconds. ANB and TEN were amazing, in my opinion, but DotD was garbage. The levels were cool, but it really ruined the trilogy for me :/
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#7 Posted: 00:06:31 04/01/2020
Alright, honestly? The trilogy isn't too bad for what it was. Definitey a product of the 00's edge phase (which, when done right, is brilliant *coughjak*) lmao.
The thing that gets me though is the repetitive gameplay. As a kid I didn't mind it, I racked up so many hours playing the first two games it isn't funny. But returning to them, I've found they greatly suffer from extremely repetitive gameplay and rely on the beat em up formula to pad out the game and extend the playthrough time. Like, almost half of the gameplay is smashing through hoards of enemies and it gets very tiring for me very early on. I get that some people enjoy those games and that is totally fine, as a kid I clearly really loved it too, but now it's just, well, not my thing. TLOS suffers from generic fantasy war story plot, and the special chosen one destined to rid the world of evil, so I'm not really down for that just because it's been done a million times before.
That being said, I do really appreciate the world building and environmental/character designs.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Like come on, these are very nice level designs! <3
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
And these are some standout characters for me as well.
I dunno, they're probably not fantastic, but I really do enjoy the art behind these games. Like, I even made a blog dedicated to Spyro and the motif behind it was the celestical caves from TEN, so they very clearly made an impact on me. (whoops, reminds me, i need to update that blog lol)
Overall, I don't not like it because it's different from the original Spyro games, I'm just indifferent to it now because it's not something I would not personally chose to play.

DotD is something else. Imo, it greatly improved on the gameplay and controls. The combat was much more fun and exciting, giving us a whole bunch of new moves (*despiteitbeingagowripoffcough*). The free flight was **** and an absolute cop out, but nine year old me loved it and I guess that counts for something. The levels were okay. Really borning and generic, a huge stepdown from the environments of the previous two games. The Valley of Avalar was the only good level in my opinion. It had a very nice atmosphere, and I loved the openness to it, allowing lots of exploration. I would be lost in this level alone for hours as a kid. But this was the only level I feel really nailed that idea? All the others were way too linear and boring. Not to say there's anything wrong with linear levels (I love Crash Bandicoot come on), but to me, this game just didn't suit it. Well, Spyro as a franchise doesn't suit it if you ask me.
*sigh* They tried, okay? ELB tried. I get that language barrier maybe have had something to do with the god awful script because they were a French company, but christ, they just took generic fantasy war story and ramped it up to 120%. The story was such a huge let down looking back on it today. And they butchered Malefor's character completely (well, what little character Krome built up anyway). AND don't get me started on Ignitus' death, and then him coming back as the Chronicler. Don't get me started.
The game to me is just a bland, generic bloom fest. Taking away the nostalgia (i hate that word now (': ), nothing about this game really stands out to me. It's just ... ugh. A let down end to a medicore trilogy.
WAIT, they made Cynder playable. That's the one good thing about this game.

Buuuuut I do have to hand it too them, this is still pretty gorgeous.
[User Posted Image]

(also considering moving this topic to general if it continues on with the discussion instead of the ****posts)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#8 Posted: 00:28:43 04/01/2020
for those of you interested in TLoS' art and who have not seen it yet. check out jared pullen's dA page. (this is the actual art director for the first two games but he does speak somewhat on DotD as well. https://www.deviantart.com/that-spyro-guy
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#9 Posted: 01:58:59 04/01/2020
Overall I echo Bolts thoughts. I thought the first two were serviceable God of War clones, but DOTD threw whatever good AND and TEN had out like bathwater. I've always hated when people said "Ohhh, DOTD sold 2.5 million units*, it wasn't a failure" and to that I say "DOTD was on 5 consoles". Averaging that out will yield 500K sold per console. That's really not impressive.

* may not be accurate and I'd like a source, but whatever.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:15:21 04/01/2020 by JCW555
#10 Posted: 02:08:55 04/01/2020
Quote: JCW555
Overall I echo Bolts thoughts. I thought the first two were serviceable God of War clones, but DOTD threw whatever good AND and TEN had out like bathwater. I've always hated when people said "Ohhh, DOTD sold 2.5 million units*, it wasn't a failure" and to that I say "DOTD was on 5 consoles". Averaging that out will yield 500K sold per console. That's really not impressive.

* may not be accurate, but whatever.

don't matter much to the company so long as they make that money though.

my biggest thing has always been the comparison? what is classic spyro that makes it so significantly better? those are hardly video games and hardly stories themselves.

spyro was just never a big successful hit during his entire lifespan.

this is how a game company makes money. https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy

final fantasy 7 over the years for instance has taken in over 11mil alone which is more than all of spyro's games combined.

*though i've always preferred classic for the most part lol. the arguments just never made sense to me

----

another thing i find funny is that darkSpyro is the biggest pool of hate for TLoS, yet, there was never a time that darkSpyro itself was more active than in the days between TEN/DOTD/Skylanders.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:50 04/01/2020 by LindseyWednesdy
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#11 Posted: 02:28:50 04/01/2020
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

my biggest thing has always been the comparison? what is classic spyro that makes it so significantly better? those are hardly video games and hardly stories themselves.

Sony disagrees with you.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also classic Spyro is hardly a video game? All you do in them is platform. Also playing platformers for story is kinda weird?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#12 Posted: 02:38:00 04/01/2020

Sony disagrees with you.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also classic Spyro is hardly a video game? All you do in them is platform. Also playing platformers for story is kinda weird?

sony's opinion continued plus nintendo

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

fight me

so then why are people comparing apples to oranges between classic and legend? if you say legend sucked as an rpg in comparison to say pokemon or final fantasy but comparing classic/legend don't work then. *not you i'm mentioning other opinions here.
---
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#13 Posted: 02:45:02 04/01/2020
It was skraight I guess
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#14 Posted: 02:54:57 04/01/2020
I like LoS, but my guy DotD did very piss poor. No source of the sales it had on the 5-6 consoles. Graphically for the time it was more dated than the bagels that I forget to eat and a lot of things spewed are contradictory af.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#15 Posted: 02:58:22 04/01/2020
I like TLOS.

For very subjective reasons.

I always thought the Krome artstyle was neat. The world was also really easy for me to imagine things in -- TLOS fancomics on DA certainly influenced this. It was impactful for me the first time I played it because it was one of the nice things I did with my dad. We have a strained relationship right now, so my memories of TLOS (and Spyro in general) are also some of my best memories with him.

I played it again a couple of years ago. I had an ok time. The only negative things I remember are disliking the freeflight and invisible walls in DOTD. That, and using long-range lightning attacks to cheat that one arena near the end of ETN. Oh, and the understandable plot-holes caused by the change in studios. I think I might replay TLOS soon, so I'm curious to see what my impressions are with this play-through.

I was also fascinated by Malefor and the lore behind him. I think my signature makes that obvious. smilie

[User Posted Image]

also i like console etn and etd so i apparently have low standards when it comes to games
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#16 Posted: 03:09:46 04/01/2020
Quote: ThunderEgg
I like TLOS.

For very subjective reasons.

I always thought the Krome artstyle was neat. The world was also really easy for me to imagine things in -- TLOS fancomics on DA certainly influenced this. It was impactful for me the first time I played it because it was one of the nice things I did with my dad. We have a strained relationship right now, so my memories of TLOS (and Spyro in general) are also some of my best memories with him.

I played it again a couple of years ago. I had an ok time. The only negative things I remember are disliking the freeflight and invisible walls in DOTD. That, and using long-range lightning attacks to cheat that one arena near the end of ETN. Oh, and the understandable plot-holes caused by the change in studios. I think I might replay TLOS soon, so I'm curious to see what my impressions are with this play-through.

I was also fascinated by Malefor and the lore behind him. I think my signature makes that obvious. ;)

[User Posted Image]

also i like console etn and etd so i apparently have low standards when it comes to games

ooooooh, there is someone else who still likes TLoS. or isn't afraid to say they like it anyway. agree with the free flight/walls thing you said.

Malefor was an amazing villain. one of my all time favorites actually. I hadn't noticed that's what your signature was all about. lol

subjective is a key word for entertainment honestly. what is good and bad is subjective to the individuals interpretation.
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#17 Posted: 03:30:05 04/01/2020
Honestly, I like the games that came out after the original three more than...well, the original three. I think Dawn of the Dragon stuck out to me the most because of Cynder's personality, the graphics (they amazed me as a child), and the story. I also liked the character Spyro has become (from what I knew, since back then I mainly...focused on Cynder...)

Also the ending of DotD made me love the Spyro games more. Now, being a teenager who understands the ending more... THE ENDING OF THE GAME IS SO SAD AND KIND OF...INSPIRING? IN A WAY?

I've never played any of the games all the way through, though, so I'm basing all these opinions based on what I've seen online and heard from others lol
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#18 Posted: 03:32:09 04/01/2020
I will say that, in being a Certified TLoS Hater, I still love ANB despite it's faults and I think the art direction is beautiful. I'm still inspired by a lot of the environments in the games to this day. Cynder is also one of my favorite characters from anything ever, I just want her to be in something that treats her arc with more care and respect than what we got.

These days though, it has become increasingly difficult for me to defend it. They squandered their budget on getting prolific actors like Mark Hamil (whose voice they distorted to being unrecognizable anyway), and as such couldn't spend as much on giving the game the serious care it needed. They had to remove an extremely story-important cutscene from Dawn of the Dragon due to lack of budget (you know how Cynder just randomly has her jewelry back? yeah, that's why). If if weren't for poor planning and management on the devs' part, that would have never happened.

And even before the developer switch, the games contradicted themselves. Never forget how Ignitus said in ANB that a new purple dragon is born every ten generations, but TEN says that Malefor was the first one - an error that is unfortunately kept consistent in DoTD.

dawn of the dragon, who gets the most hate, did far better than a hero's tail or the handhelds (obviously but still) and would've been considered success financially. it was enough to spawn a now cancelled movie but that can be attributed to activision/skylanders.

I've seen people say this multiple times over the years - specifically throwing around that it sold like 2 mil or so - and I must ask: Where's the source for this information? I did some research and I couldn't find any reliable source offering sales figures for Dawn of the Dragon. In fact, the only source I DID find (which is unreliable mind you, but still the only one) says that it sold 0.44m.

And if it really did sell 2 million units... that's actually still kind of bad, taking into consideration the fact that it was available for 5 consoles.

If I'm being honest though, all this talk of sales is irrelevant anyways. Selling well isn't necessarily indicative of quality, and people are allowed to dislike something regardless of how well it sells. Skylanders sold extraordinarily well (at least near the beginning) and that's never stopped anyone from tearing into it before.

i love spyro 1, 2, 3, and 4 but just saying... spyro was never a story teller. lol

This is true, the originals were never big on story - it was always something extremely simplistic and straightforward. You wouldn't see me or anyone else who criticizes these games acting the same towards OG Spyro's story because the story wasn't the driving point of those games. But TLoS isn't the classic games, and it's clear that the devs were taking themselves way more seriously than the low-poly Spyro of old. They wanted to craft a dramatic story, and with that they opened the floodgates for more serious criticism.

another thing i find funny is that darkSpyro is the biggest pool of hate for TLoS, yet, there was never a time that darkSpyro itself was more active than in the days between TEN/DOTD/Skylanders.

Times change. I've talked to a few people on here who used to love the TLoS series when they were teens, but don't like it nearly as much these days. A lot of people were teens when those games came out, I'd say it's been long enough for people to have changed their minds on it.

That's not to say you're not allowed to like it, though. I totally get why people do. But I don't get why they're so defensive when people express their own negative feelings on it.

so then why are people comparing apples to oranges between classic and legend? if you say legend sucked as an rpg in comparison to say pokemon or final fantasy but comparing classic/legend don't work then. *not you i'm mentioning other opinions here.

Wait, if you don't think people should compare TLoS to the OG games when criticizing it, then why did you say people shouldn't be so harsh on the story of TLoS because of the classic games? That seems like a contradiction.

I do agree that people often compare the two way too much when expressing their distaste for it. TLoS only ever made references to the originals, it wasn't trying to be like them because at that point Vivendi had given up on the classic formula. But I don't think it's wrong to make any comparison at all - Final Fantasy and Pokemon are different series, but the classic and TLoS games are in the same series. If, for example, an individual's opinion on why they don't like the Legend games relies on the context that they don't think the change of tone and gameplay was a good direction for the Spyro to take, I don't think it would be wrong to bring up the series' past.
---
#19 Posted: 03:33:22 04/01/2020
also spyro is gay
---
#20 Posted: 03:45:05 04/01/2020
Quote: Clank
also spyro is gay

on sales,

i have no source, just the topic, and the knowledge from when it came out. never heard nothing about 2mil though lol

on story,

no my point was grained in the fact people once upon a time (i've been with this site since 07/08) used to defend classic with it's story.

on times change,

that's fine i simply made the point that dS was TLoS central once upon a time. lol

on apples and oranges,

no contradiction whatsoever. i replied based on what was said to me.

on gay,

no u gay

also stuff and nonsense alert
---
#21 Posted: 03:46:49 04/01/2020
ok zoomer spyro is gay regardless
---
#22 Posted: 03:47:48 04/01/2020
Quote: Eevee88
Honestly, I like the games that came out after the original three more than...well, the original three. I think Dawn of the Dragon stuck out to me the most because of Cynder's personality, the graphics (they amazed me as a child), and the story. I also liked the character Spyro has become (from what I knew, since back then I mainly...focused on Cynder...)

Also the ending of DotD made me love the Spyro games more. Now, being a teenager who understands the ending more... THE ENDING OF THE GAME IS SO SAD AND KIND OF...INSPIRING? IN A WAY?

I've never played any of the games all the way through, though, so I'm basing all these opinions based on what I've seen online and heard from others lol

cool stuff yeah.

funny enough, if you walk outside of dS the hate for legend is not a fierce as frequently. except reddit probably because reddit hates everything
---
#23 Posted: 03:49:48 04/01/2020
In all seriousness, I genuinely enjoyed a more traditional fantasy take on Spyro. I'm also one of the apparent few who liked the combat and mechanics. DotD's felt a little clunky but the first two were good enough to make up for it IMO.

However, looking back, the OG games were definitely more fun and honestly, more memorable.
#24 Posted: 03:59:20 04/01/2020
Quote: Pixilism

cool stuff yeah.

funny enough, if you walk outside of dS the hate for legend is not a fierce as frequently. except reddit probably because reddit hates everything

are you ready for this
i'm scared
just stay close to me
no i'm nothing like you
you used her
what does he mean
tell me what
you're lying
cynder is it true
cynder
hahahahahaha
cynder no
no i don't believe that
no
fight back
there's always something

are you ready for this
i'm scared
just stay close to me
no i'm nothing like you
you used her
what does he mean
tell me what
you're lying
cynder is it true
cynder
hahahahahaha
cynder no
no i don't believe that
no
fight back
there's always something
---
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#25 Posted: 04:00:06 04/01/2020
ignitus no
spyro stop you can't do anything for him now
no he isn't gone
spyro let it go
no
no spyro don't
you can't stop me
you're right only you can do that please spyro don't do this we have to go on he wanted us to
it wasn't supposed to be like this i feel so alone
you're not alone
#26 Posted: 04:01:32 04/01/2020
Quote: ShylaShadow

cool stuff yeah.

are you ready for this
i'm scared
just stay close to me
no i'm nothing like you
you used her
what does he mean
tell me what
you're lying
cynder is it true
cynder
hahahahahaha
cynder no
no i don't believe that
no
fight back
there's always something

are you ready for this
i'm scared
just stay close to me
no i'm nothing like you
you used her
what does he mean
tell me what
you're lying
cynder is it true
cynder
hahahahahaha
cynder no
no i don't believe that
no
fight back
there's always something
---
#27 Posted: 04:04:37 04/01/2020
Hunter: WHOAOAOAOAO!
Spyro: It's just a float, you scaredy-cat.
Hunter: They sure do look happy, don't they Spyro?
Spyro: Well, it's not every day that a dragon gets his dragonfly.
Sparx: -****ing buzzing or some ****-
Spyro: Uh, right Sparx.
Ripto: So, we met again little dragon. I'm back, and I'm STRONGER than ever!
Spyro: Who are you calling little, shorty? Nobody invited you; this is an invitation-only party.
Ripto: Very clever, dragon. You know, you should join me - we would make a great team.
Spyro: Whaddya want this time, Ripto?
Gulp: Uh, yeah! Wh-wh-what do we want this time, boss?
Ripto: You're not hired for your brains, you dinosaurian land mass! Keep thinking and I will send you back to the place I found you - unemployed in Molten Crater, begging for work from Gnasty Gnorc!
Now, back to what I was saying. WELLLL, what DO I want this time? I'm glad that you asked purple PEST, and I would be happy to demonstrate. Since I've had enough to do with dragons I thought... perhaps... DRAGONFLIES! MUAHAHAHAHAHHA!
-dragonfly buzzing-
Ripto: -clears throat- Well, uh, that wasn't supposed to happen, BUT... you see, without the power of dragonflies the dragons are NOTHING. Soon, the dragon homelands will be mine. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!
Hunter: Spyro, that little lizard TOTALLY stole ALL the dragonflies; even Sparx is gone!
Bianca: Spyro, Hunter, don't worry. I think I know where to start. Follow me!
Spyro: Sparx! I thought I'd lost you, pal.
Sparx: -buzzing-
Bianca: That was close, Sparx. Listen, I think I may have figured out a way to catch those dragonflies. SPYRO, stand back.
Spyro: Whoa! What'd you do that for?!
Bianca: Drat! That didn't exactly work right. I'm still learning you know, Spyro. The good news is I've created a powerful magic that will enable you to use different breath abilities. The bad news is, you're gonna have to find Dragon Runes to use them, since the spell scattered them in different parts of the Dragon Realms.
Spyro: Cool! C'mon Sparx, let's get going! We've got a lotta work ahead of us if we wanna find those dragonflies. Do you think we'll ever get a day off?
---
#28 Posted: 04:06:13 04/01/2020
Quote: Clank
Spyro: Who are you calling little, shorty? Nobody invited you; this is an invitation-only party.
Ripto: Very clever, dragon. You know, you should join me - we would make a great team.
Ripto: You're not hired for your brains, you dinosaurian land mass! Keep thinking and I will send you back to the place I found you - unemployed in Molten Crater, begging for work from Gnasty Gnorc!
Now, back to what I was saying. WELLLL, what DO I want this time? I'm glad that you asked purple PEST, and I would be happy to demonstrate. Since I've had enough to do with dragons I thought... perhaps... DRAGONFLIES! MUAHAHAHAHAHHA!
-dragonfly buzzing-
Ripto: -clears throat- Well, uh, that wasn't supposed to happen, BUT... you see, without the power of dragonflies the dragons are NOTHING. Soon, the dragon homelands will be mine. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!
Hunter: Spyro, that little lizard TOTALLY stole ALL the dragonflies; even Sparx is gone!
Bianca: That was close, Sparx. Listen, I think I may have figured out a way to catch those dragonflies. SPYRO, stand back.
Bianca: Drat! That didn't exactly work right. I'm still learning you know, Spyro. The good news is I've created a powerful magic that will enable you to use different breath abilities. The bad news is, you're gonna have to find Dragon Runes to use them, since the spell scattered them in different parts of the Dragon Realms.
Spyro: Cool! C'mon Sparx, let's get going! We've got a lotta work ahead of us if we wanna find those dragonflies. Do you think we'll ever get a day off?

-dragonfly buzzing-
---
#29 Posted: 04:06:18 04/01/2020
Cool flash! Do that again!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#30 Posted: 04:12:24 04/01/2020
... you gotta belieeeeeve

(okay bye)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#31 Posted: 04:21:53 04/01/2020
at long last my guests have arrived please com
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#32 Posted: 04:23:09 04/01/2020
Quote: Iceclaw
at long last my guests have arrived please cum

Hey hey hey HEY

There are younglings present
#33 Posted: 04:23:33 04/01/2020
at long last my guests have arrived please com

moc esaelp devirra evah stseug ym tsal gnol ta
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:24:19 04/01/2020 by LindseyWednesdy
#34 Posted: 04:25:03 04/01/2020
at long last my guests have arrived please come in such determination to get here it seems we share other qualities besides that of our color."

The last two visitors came up to me with something shaped like a revolver. I immediately took out my mysterious rune book and commanded it to transform itself into an advanced cosmic cannon. I pointed the cannon at the door as it opened and fired.

A blinding blast of light shone and destroyed the ruined door and there was a scream of flame and flames. That moment the golden arched door shimmered and golden light had replaced it.

The guests were seated on the benches in the middle of the room with the terrace leading to the first level on the right. I laid out the first menu of my dining set which was furnished with
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#35 Posted: 04:26:33 04/01/2020
you cannot defeat me i am e
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#36 Posted: 04:28:52 04/01/2020
ANB and TEN were actually rather entertaining. DotD was a complete disaster that was only passable with 2 player solution. They should have let Krome handle everything.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#37 Posted: 04:31:11 04/01/2020
Quote: Project_Unnamed
ANB and TEN were actually rather entertaining. DotD was a complete disaster that was only passable with 2 player solution. They should have let Krome handle everything.

What if there was a competitive dynamic to the 2 player? As in, you could fight each other? And play online like that with a custom dragon like Spyro's Lair?
#38 Posted: 04:32:18 04/01/2020
you cannot defeat me i am e

e ma i em taefed tonnac uoy
---
#39 Posted: 04:33:19 04/01/2020

funniest part for me was the dam elevator on wii. l. m. f. a. o.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#40 Posted: 04:33:51 04/01/2020
Quote: Metallo

What if there was a competitive dynamic to the 2 player? As in, you could fight each other? And play online like that with a custom dragon like Spyro's Lair?

If DOTD ended with Spyro and Cynder fighting to the death instead of falling in love, that'd redeem the entire game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me