Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > The I just watched star wars topic
Page 1 of 1
The I just watched star wars topic
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1 Posted: 20:10:02 20/12/2019 | Topic Creator
THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE BE WARNED
#2 Posted: 20:24:43 20/12/2019 | Topic Creator
I thought the movies really fast pacing kinda killed it. And it's weird because this is the only movie where the main 3 are actually together. It pretended that these 3 have been together forever but again this the first movie where all of the characters are together on screen for most of the movie.
Rey being able to force pull ships is pretty stupid but i guess it shows how broken she is. Kinda wish they killed off chewy too to make the movie have stake but I guess the only characters that can die are the og 3 and random pilots.
Poe was kinda just a guy who was portrayed to be a whiny boi. He kinda just whines the entire movie.
Finn was in the movie to play that one guy in a marvel movie who claps whenever he sees something he knows . He just yelled out everybodys name. Even Rose gets a shout out. (She also gets friendzoned offscreen I guess)
The text scroll telling us that palpatine is back is really dumb. This seems like a really important thing not to show. And in the movie he kinda just shoots lighting and dies like the og movie.
Ben has a good story conclusion with him redeeming himself and then does nothing after that. He literally has no lines besides "ouch". And then he kisses Rey and ghosts her like the **** boy he is.
Luke in the last movie was like "I give up lol" and now In this movie he's like "why are you giving up lol". I guessed that's a good thing.
Also I had the evil Rey scene spoiled for me awhile ago and the scene in the movie looked just as bad as the cam rip months ago .
The ending was ok I guess but what's with Luke and Leah smiling about their son/nephew dying.
HOW DOES FORCE SKYPE WORK
WHAT DID FINN HAVE TO TELL REY
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE TRAITOR IN EPISODE 8
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HUX
WHO DID PALPATINE BONE
DOES HE SPIN WHILE BONING

Overall did I have fun while watching this movie? No. Did I have a bad time? No. Did I watch a movie? Yeah. 6/10
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:27:42 20/12/2019 by somePerson
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 20:38:35 20/12/2019
Quote: somePerson

I think he was going to tell her he’s force-sensitive. Either that or it was a very lackluster nod towards FinnRey.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:59 20/12/2019 by BlueFox
#4 Posted: 20:49:27 20/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: BlueFox
Quote: somePerson

I think he was going to tell her he’s force-sensitive. Either that or it was a very lackluster nod towards FinnRey.

I would be ok with that but why did they have to remind us like 2 other times in this movie?

Also babu frick is the best star wars character fight me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:37 20/12/2019 by somePerson
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#5 Posted: 21:32:16 20/12/2019
There was also giant mutant teenage mutant turtles wielding lightsabers

it was a good movie
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#6 Posted: 00:48:20 21/12/2019
I'm sorry for your loss. ... I decided not to watch it because of everything lol.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#7 Posted: 01:39:36 21/12/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
There was also giant mutant teenage mutant turtles wielding lightsabers

it was a good movie

[User Posted Image]

Actually, Chelidae Jedi are for the next trilogy. My uncle from Lucasfilm told me.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:41:34 21/12/2019 by BlueFox
#8 Posted: 05:19:32 21/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: theuone
I'm sorry for your loss. ... I decided not to watch it because of everything lol.

Sorry for what? I didn't regret watching the movie lol. Honestly though the face during this entire was blank
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#9 Posted: 16:54:56 21/12/2019
My favorite part of the movie was when Luke Skywalker looks at the camera and says "I know what you did."
---
Cool cool.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#10 Posted: 13:33:21 22/12/2019
it was so dull and long. At least they retconned TLJ and made rey somewhat likeble
#11 Posted: 01:36:52 23/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
it was so dull and long. At least they retconned TLJ and made rey somewhat likeble

Not gonna lie of this movie was 3 hours it would have benefitird with all the stuff they crammed in
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#12 Posted: 07:20:34 23/12/2019
Took me half a day to really figure out my thoughts on the film. Solid 6.5 out of 10

Cons:
-"Star Wars has LGBT representation!" a half second kiss between two nobody soldiers doesn't count you nitwits
-The first 15 minutes made my eyes hurt for the rest of the film.
-The kiss between Rey and Ben made no ****ing sense, he was trying to kill her like an hour beforehand.
-Rose was introduced one movie ago and had 11 lines. You could have used this for positive character development but I guess not??
-JJ Abrams we get that you made Lost. You can stop shoehorning in actors from it like it's a personal favor. Snap Wexley was cool tho, but only because of this movie. Too bad he died.
-I have mad respect for using Carrie Fisher's previously recorded stuff and making it almost believable, but her dialogue was so choppy and tonally awkward that it really took me out of the scenes she was in.
-The Solo and Skywalker lineage shouldn't have died, Ben Solo was done super dirty by this film after being the standout of the last two.

Ehs:
-Zorii Bliss was cool. Wish she was in it for more than 3 scenes.
-I really hated how they would have accomplished their goals and junk but every time they were about to Rey would practically disassociate and go "I need to do this thing" and then it would **** everything up. Almost as useless as the Canto Blight subplot in TLJ but at least it brought in more moments about her. This whole film really made me hate Rey until like the last 30 minutes.
-Sith troopers and ships were kickass, wish we got to see them for more than a total of maybe a minute, the focus was really on the Star Destroyers.
-I liked the scene with C3PO getting his memories back from R2, but the moment he said "oh blah blah R2's memory backups are ****" I knew it wouldn't last. It was a moment that was played for some pretty good jokes but otherwise pointless.
-Porgs are good. Needed more porgs. Did like the one scene they were in tho.

Pros:
-They keep killing it with character designs. Zorii and D-0 were both new but super likable both in terms of physical designs and writing. New Sith Trooper designs and ships and such were a really nice mix of old, new, and really new.
-This had by far the best new planets since the prequels. Exegol and Pasaana were easily my favorite locales of this new trilogy, since the rest just didn't stand out to me.
-Jedi Leia. Good. We needed that.
-Lando Calrissian is still THE definition of cool. I loved every scene he was in.
-I loved the past Jedi talking to Rey. They could have easily just done Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, and Luke and have been done with it, but the fact that they included Mace Windu, Ashoka, and Kanan really meant a lot to me, since I grew up on the prequels and the animated series have the best stories imo.
-The Battle of Exegol was easily the most kickass space battle since the Battle of Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith. It was really nice to see ships from all different eras there, but seeing the Ghost from Rebels made me happiest. I also noticed some old Clone Wars ships like a Venator class Star Destroyer, a U-Wing from Rogue One, and the Mantis from Jedi Fallen Order. Seeing representation from every corner of the franchise no matter how obscure really put a smile on my face.

Overall did I have fun while watching this movie? Kinda. Did I have a bad time? No. Did I watch a movie? Yeah. 6.5/10, I stole your thing sP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:22:58 23/12/2019 by Vespi
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me