Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What aspects of previous games would you like to see in a new game?
Page 1 of 1
What aspects of previous games would you like to see in a new game?
Adtom98 Green Sparx Gems: 255
#1 Posted: 08:24:50 09/12/2019 | Topic Creator
I don’t think I’m alone in saying I want a completely new Spyro game rather then a remake (and it looks almost certain that we’ll get it!).

However although I don’t want any of the games after the original 3 to be remade I do think certain aspects of them would be good to include in future games. I’ve listed the things I think could be included from each game below (I didn’t play any of the games on game cube).

Enter the Dragonfly

More elements - I think this will certainly add more variety to the game, I don’t mind which elements are added but I think having 3 more that you unlock throughout the game is a good amount, also good if each element can help with things outside of combat (such as water being used to turn water wheels).

The Dragon Spirit - This is the Statue in the home level used to give you the new elements and abilities. I think this could return but with slight changes, it could perhaps be something used to talk to the Chronicler though.

Dragonfly dojo - I personally really liked the idea of dragonflies being trained and like the idea of each dragon having a dragonfly (not just Spyro). I know none of the other dragons in the original trilogy had dragonflies but I believe that perhaps only certain types of dragons (the ones who walk on all 4’s) could be linked with dragonflies. I think the dragon masters in the level could also be good characters to bring back too.

A Hero’s Tail

Flame and Ember - I think more playable dragons would be good and they both had interesting personalities in the game. They could also both have their own dragonflies as well.

Playable hunter -I know he has been playable in the odd mini game but I’m talking playing as him with his bow and arrow, I really enjoyed playing as him in a hero’s tail.

The elders - I think the elders could be a good addition, as they’re each found they could teach you a new technique such as wing shield or pole spin. This could possibly include Red who I liked as a villain, but he could perhaps start off as an elder in one game then perhaps becoming a villain in a later game.

Shadow Legacy

Traveling between realms - I think bringing the 3 realms (the dragon realms, avalar and the forgotten realms) could add a lot to the game and perhaps bring together a lot more characters.

The Legend of Spyro trilogy

Cynder - I don’t think I’m alone here. Obviously her character background would need to be slightly less dark, but she could perhaps be the Daughter of an enemy or be possessed by an enemy (maybe Malefore) and could have to be defeated before getting rid of the possession. She could of course be a playable character with her unique elements that could be the same or similar to what they are in dawn of the dragon.

Multiplayer - This is something I’d really like to see, I think the whole game could be 2 player with Spyro usually one of them with other characters joining him (Agent 9 Cynder, Bentley etc) based on the story or level.

Dragon time - I think this along with other abilities unique to purple dragons could be good, and Spyro could learn them from....

The Chronicler - I think the Chronicler storyline was certainly one of the better parts of the trilogy, he could teach Spyro abilities as I mentioned, perhaps through dreams in a similar way to in eternal night.

Dark Spyro - I liked dark Spyro and wished he was playable in dawn of the dragon. I think Spyro could at some point get possessed or something similar and become dark Spyro and would have to be defeated to return to normal. He could then perhaps become an unlockable option to play as when a certain amount of collectables has been found.

And well that’s my thoughts on this, please let me know any other aspects you think could and should be included.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#2 Posted: 20:10:24 10/12/2019
I like some of these ideas a lot, but I'd be worried about the bloat. Year of the Dragon is bloated enough as it is with all of its minigames and other playable characters, so adding to that wouldn't be great IMO. YOTD already gets the criticism of "is this a Spyro game anymore" considering you don't play as him half the time.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 20:56:44 10/12/2019
if enter the dragonfly was to be remade youd have to do it in such a way that doesn't make it as bloated as yotd. while i love yotd, its my favorite spyro game, i do agree with the general consensus that its bloated and mixes to many genres.

i think that if it were to get remade, have the orginal story, have it just be spyro and dont add more elements. the ones that are in the game are enough as is. The only ones that is inherently useful is bubble breath and fire breath.

i think itd be more of a new game rather than a remake.

as for a heroes tail i think its fine as is..it's a refelction of the mid 2000s when you had all those edgy and cool platformers like ratchet and clank and jak and daxter. yes i think the game could do without blinky and the turret sections but for the most part it's a solid game.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:33 10/12/2019 by parisruelz12
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#4 Posted: 04:35:20 11/12/2019
i think a fully realized 3d shadow legacy could be cool. i think it was originally not going to be on ds..?

and yeah, id appreciate at least more references to tlos. but mostly i want port of it to be put on modern consoles.

or, like i know this is an idea others have had, but id be down for a spyro generations crossover deal. then we'd have new content for all 3 major versions of the purple pest.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Adtom98 Green Sparx Gems: 255
#5 Posted: 08:41:34 11/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555
I like some of these ideas a lot, but I'd be worried about the bloat. Year of the Dragon is bloated enough as it is with all of its minigames and other playable characters, so adding to that wouldn't be great IMO. YOTD already gets the criticism of "is this a Spyro game anymore" considering you don't play as him half the time.

Yeah I agree the game shouldn’t be to bloated, I’m not saying all of this should be included straight away in one game, I just hope that at least some of them can be incorporated over the next trilogy (and hopefully in games after that if there are any). I just think these aspects good parts of unfortunately less successful games and it would be a shame to see them completely wasted.

I also agree that whilst I enjoy playing as other characters, it still must be a Spyro game and he should be the playable character the vast majority of the time and if multiplayer was brought in he’d almost always be one of the 2 playable characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:44:42 11/12/2019 by Adtom98
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 22:00:49 11/12/2019
I like the idea of Spyro having different breath types, it could make the gameplay more interesting, since that was one of the aspects I liked from the later games of Spyro.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#7 Posted: 22:20:12 11/12/2019
Wishlist:
New breath abilities
Cynder
Female dragon elders
Dragonfly collecting
Firefly collecting
Cynder
Ember and Flame
Playable Hunter
Playable Elora and/or Bianca
The Guardians maybe
An evil dragon antagonist
Multiplayer def
Cynder

There's some things that weren't exactly ideas in previous games, but it's just a bunch of things I'd love to see in future instalments. Obviously they wouldn't be all included in the one game because that would just be an overcrowded mess, tbh.
So yeah, I really do agree with Sess. Slowly start including new ideas, and yeah, take Spyro back to his original roots and make a new game akin to the first!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#8 Posted: 14:43:05 12/12/2019
A stronger focus on story and lore as I loved what TLOS attempted, maybe a Spyro Generations style game, bring Cynder back with her original black and red coloring. The feeling of an actual world so add more NPCs to make it feel more alive, more female dragons.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#9 Posted: 01:04:08 20/01/2020
Swapping between breaths like in Season of Flame and Enter the Dragonfly would be sweet except maybe include slight changes to Spyro's appearance much like how Dante's Devil Trigger appearance changes depending on what weapon he's using.

What should be brought over from A Hero's Tail is the return of Red except maybe as a right-hand man to a new antagonist. That and the gems are used for both opening new areas and buying items and upgrades as well as replacing limited lives, so whenever you die, you only lose some gems like in Super Mario Odyssey and Shovel Knight.

Honestly, I rather new ideas for Spyro like traveling to different worlds in an airship like in the Final Fantasies of old, have Sparx be able to function like a long range weapon like the Pods in NieR Automata, new trippy experimental levels, a more involving story and a various types of music from the familiar Stewart Copeland tracks to lo-fi hip-hop and orchestral music for more epic levels and boss fights.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2251
#10 Posted: 01:40:31 20/01/2020
elora
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me