Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Roleplay Ideas
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1 Posted: 08:34:44 02/12/2019 | Topic Creator
So I find myself being flooded with roleplay ideas lately, but I have no gauge as to who would be interested in what. To help fix that problem, I've decided to make a topic where we can discuss different roleplay interests and potentially collaborate on future roleplays. :3 Below are some short summaries/descriptions of the potential roleplays I have in mind. Note that some are more fleshed out than others.

---

Fear the Night (Medieval Slice of Life) - Fear the Night is a roleplay set in a medieval village where morality takes several different shades of grey. From the purest of heart to the most wicked of souls, your character plays an integral part of society, for better or for worse. Whether they're wielding a pickaxe, a sword, or a pen, your character will no doubt shape the world they live in. Will they pursue an honest living in a world rife with corruption or be a cause of said corruption? Will they follow the teachings of the Church or go astray as a cultist? Will they seek a cure for the plague whose hold is tightening on the village or succumb to the terrible effects of the disease? But most importantly... will they Fear the Night?

The Dragon Scepter (Fantasy/Adventure) - In the land of Asunda, seven different factions war with each other constantly. The Humans, the Elves, the Dwarves, the Undead, the Demons, the Orcs, and the Neutrals. For millennia this has been, and for millennia it shall continue. Or will it? Rumors of an ancient and powerful artifact lost to time have resurfaced. This artifact would practically guarantee victory for whoever wields it. As such, the rulers of each faction have offered a considerable reward for any who will retrieve the Dragon Scepter.

Perhaps you are a loyal patriot, intent on bringing the scepter to your leader, or perhaps you belong to a small group of outcasts who plan on carving out their own names in the history books. Either way, you are not alone in your quest, for others have the same goal as you do. Will you work together to find the scepter? Or will conflict tear you apart?

Vanished (Sci-fi) - Earth is gone. How, you may ask? No one knows. It was there not days before, but now, the entire planet has vanished without a trace. Humans are now an endangered species, what few of them having been off Earth at the time of its disappearance still reeling at the loss of their planet and their loved ones. Other alien species are similarly distraught, both at the loss of what has come to be a commercial hub for all lifeforms and the possibility of more planets disappearing without a trace. What will you do in these trying times? Will you attempt to solve the mystery behind Earth's disappearance? Will you take in the scattered refugees that remain of the human population? Will you take advantage of the confusion and chaos to further your own militaristic agenda? The possibilities are endless.

(Anthropomorphic(?) Animal/Element Roleplay) - In this roleplay, every kingdom of animal has a corresponding element. Earth is for insects, Water is for fish, Fire is for reptiles, Air is for birds, and mammals are a mix depending on their traits. For example, a bat might be air while a whale might be water. Each animal kingdom/element serves as a different social class, with those of Earth on the bottom and those of Air on the top of the social hierarchy.

Dark Side (Fantasy/Adventure) - In this roleplay, you belong to a species commonly referred to as evil. Be it undead, demon, orc, or some other manner of creature, you have been oppressed by the Light for far too long. Now is the time to reclaim the world from the humans, the elves, and the dwarves. Paladins and other warriors of the Light will no doubt stand in your way, so be prepared to face them.

---

If you have a roleplay idea of your own or would like to comment on an idea someone else has posted, feel free to offer your input! :3
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2 Posted: 21:13:20 02/12/2019
An anthro rp would be interesting, as long as dragons are allowed smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#3 Posted: 00:57:25 03/12/2019
All of these are pretty cool ideas, though I think the anthro rp and Dark Side would be the ones I'd be most interested in playing
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#4 Posted: 09:45:02 03/12/2019 | Topic Creator
I'm leaning towards making the Dark Side roleplay myself. And dragons would be allowed in Dark Side, too. I could see dragons being on the side of the undead, demons, and orcs, considering humans are probably hunting dragons in this universe.

If we'd rather do an animal or anthropomorphic roleplay, does anyone have any ideas regarding the plot?

I was also thinking that maybe we could do a Spyro roleplay that focuses on the original series. What do you guys think?
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:29:32 03/12/2019 by Wylrin
#5 Posted: 18:30:40 04/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Still spouting roleplay ideas. smilie

Guardians of Ga'Hoole/Legend of the Guardians-inspired Roleplay - This roleplay idea would tie into an animal-themed roleplay, or specifically an owl-themed roleplay if people are familiar with the book/movie and would be interested in doing a roleplay set in its universe.

For those of you who don't know, The Guardians of Ga'Hoole book series and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole movie revolve around the adventures of a band of owls who are going up against an evil sect of barn owls known as the Pure Ones.

I don't figure that a lot of people are familiar with the book series or the movie, so I was thinking of making a roleplay based on this universe.

What if, instead of a specific species of owls thinking themselves as pure, it was an entire animal kingdom? I'm thinking that birds and other flying creatures would be at the top of this social hierarchy, and underground-dwelling creatures would be at the bottom. The farther an animal is from the sky, the lower they are in the social hierarchy. Perhaps the animal kingdoms largely coexist, but there's a sect of birds/flying animals who view themselves as superior and rightful rulers of the world?

This roleplay could be similar to the animal-element roleplay where every kingdom of animal has a corresponding element, or we could go for a more realistic animal roleplay where they don't have elemental abilities. I'm open to others' inputs. :3
---
#6 Posted: 19:54:03 04/12/2019
eh im not really familiar with guardians of gahoole, so i might skip out on an rp about that
---
#7 Posted: 20:57:45 04/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I sort of didn't figure that people would be familiar enough with The Guardians of Ga'Hoole, which is why I'm considering making an original roleplay that takes certain aspects from the book series, while not at all relying on its lore.

What I propose is an animal roleplay (these animals either being realistic in their abilities or more fantastical in their elemental capabilities) that pits the animal kingdoms against each other. But more importantly, pits protectors of equality among the animal kingdoms versus those who would see their species rule over the world.
---
#8 Posted: 03:53:46 06/12/2019
could be interesting!
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#9 Posted: 02:10:37 07/12/2019
That sounds like an excellent idea!

I’ve also read the Guardians of Ga’Hoole series, but it was a long time ago now and I don’t remember much.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me