Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Childhood Confessions
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1 Posted: 19:07:02 22/11/2019 | Topic Creator
What are some dumb things you did/thought when you were a wee little lad/lass that make you laugh and/or cringe thinking about it?

I’ll start

I tried to hatch the eggs our neighbors gave us from their backyard chickens by placing them on my pillow and sitting on them. It didn’t work
---
Gay 4 GARcher
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2 Posted: 19:18:09 22/11/2019
I wrote out a whole list for the Tooth Fairy and put it under my pillow. Was very upset when I only got a dollar. Couldn’t believe it—I put it on Lisa Frank paper and everything! How could she not be more generous?
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3 Posted: 20:50:18 22/11/2019
i thought milk could turn into corn

i thought babies were born from bellybuttons
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#4 Posted: 01:12:03 23/11/2019
I thought Santa and God were the same being and that the reindeer and Elves are just red herrings on how he did things
Think about it
both in lore can see everything you can do at all times
both judge you on if you were good or bad
both can be effectively anywhere in the world at once and explains how the brand name toys can be created

On a dumber note
As a noob in pokemon, I feared stat reducing moves in the early game because I thought they were permanent (until I tested it for myself)
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#5 Posted: 05:31:46 28/11/2019
In middle school, I did a story analysis of a YouTube animated wolf series and had to present it to the class.

I mean, other people did SpongeBob and Disney sitcoms so I think it's still a win. Live long and prosper, AzureHowl.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:48:02 28/11/2019 by BlueFox
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#6 Posted: 13:11:08 28/11/2019
Quote: BlueFox
In middle school, I did a story analysis of a YouTube animated wolf series and had to present it to the class.

I mean, other people did SpongeBob and Disney sitcoms so I think it's still a win. Live long and prosper, AzureHowl.

I did a book report on a video game guide. You’re not alone.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#7 Posted: 18:19:31 28/11/2019
i thought that little girls would grow a man's part when they grew up and little boys would grow lady parts. i fully asked my mum when i was about 5 "when will i turn into a boy?"
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#8 Posted: 02:45:25 29/11/2019
before high school i had like no social skills and i was really awkward and i just cringe every time i think about a social interaction ive had
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#9 Posted: 07:08:48 29/11/2019
I'm the idiot that tested to see if sticking your tongue to a pole during the winter would actually work. After reviewing the results of my research, I concluded that it does instead work. The fun part was getting it unstuck.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#10 Posted: 14:31:28 29/11/2019
i put empty cups back in the fridge
#11 Posted: 20:19:56 29/11/2019
smilie pff my housemates do that, but it extends to empty food containters
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#12 Posted: 10:27:44 30/11/2019
When I was about 4 years old, I was too scared to go to the toilet at my grandma's house because I thought the lampshade in there looked scary.

I got my head stuck in a Christmas wreath.

I seemed to have had the craziest imagination when I was 4-5 years old:
- Once when I stayed at my aunt's house, I saw a hole in the wall by the floor which I thought was a mouse hole. I actually believed my aunt's boyfriend when he said that Mr. Mouse who had pink fur lived in there and had his own little furniture. I wanted to meet Mr. Mouse the whole time I stayed there.

- When I started primary school, I actually thought the teachers lived in the school.

- I thought there was some cave of wonders style treasure hidden in my attic.

Dumb things I did when I first played Pokemon:
- I didn't make a proper team, I would just play through the story using my starter most of the time causing it to be more overlevelled than the rest of my party.

- I would give my Pokemon terrible movesets and refuse to teach them any status moves. For example, my Venusaur had Tackle, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf and Solar Beam.

- I thought evolution stones can be used on any Pokemon of that type that can evolve, so I didn't understand why a water stone didn't work on Magikarp.

- When I first played Crystal, I killed the red Gyarados because I didn't think it could be catchable.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#13 Posted: 20:36:50 30/11/2019
I thought the lyrics at the start of “baby got back” were “I like big butts in a can, I lie”
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#14 Posted: 21:21:27 30/11/2019
I was trying to think of a post for this topic and DeathOfADream's post helped me, because I had a somewhat similar experience.

Okay, so the pledge of allegiance. All Americans know it; we have to recite it everyday in class as part of the morning announcements, at least until you get into college/university. For non-Americans, here's how it goes:

Quote:
I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God,
indivisible, for liberty and justice for all.

Alright, so I live in Florida. In Florida we have grocery store called Publix, and my mom has worked at Publix since we moved in Florida; so not only did we do all of our shopping there, but I was just very familiar with Publix in general.

So when we said the pledge of allegiance everyday in elementary school, I misheard what we were supposed to say. I just didn't know what a "republic" was yet, but hey, it sounds vaguely like a word I DO know! And so, for like four years, I would say "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and into the Publix for which it stands..."

tl;dr, My confession was that I was Dumb As Truck when I was in elementary school, and thought the word "Republic" was "Publix" for four years.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#15 Posted: 18:37:57 01/12/2019
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
I was trying to think of a post for this topic and DeathOfADream's post helped me, because I had a somewhat similar experience.

Okay, so the pledge of allegiance. All Americans know it; we have to recite it everyday in class as part of the morning announcements, at least until you get into college/university. For non-Americans, here's how it goes:

Quote:
I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God,
indivisible, for liberty and justice for all.

Alright, so I live in Florida. In Florida we have grocery store called Publix, and my mom has worked at Publix since we moved in Florida; so not only did we do all of our shopping there, but I was just very familiar with Publix in general.

So when we said the pledge of allegiance everyday in elementary school, I misheard what we were supposed to say. I just didn't know what a "republic" was yet, but hey, it sounds vaguely like a word I DO know! And so, for like four years, I would say "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and into the Publix for which it stands..."

tl;dr, My confession was that I was Dumb As Truck when I was in elementary school, and thought the word "Republic" was "Publix" for four years.

I’m glad I could be of assistance bc holy **** this just about killed me smilie

Publix is great tho I love their cookies
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#16 Posted: 00:26:11 03/12/2019
...i thought i would get pregnant if my brother gave me a piggy back ride
#17 Posted: 04:03:36 03/12/2019
oh how did that come about
---
#18 Posted: 23:54:41 03/12/2019
One night, I snuck a container of multivitamins upstairs and ate a good half of them. Because I couldn't just ask for regular candy gummies the next day, you intellectual, duhhhh. Too long of a wait.
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#19 Posted: 06:17:08 05/12/2019
^On the opposite hand, the biggest thing I ever lied to my parents about (and got caught!) was that I was throwing away my vitamin. It was awful- some sort of semi-chewy block that was supposed to taste like chocolate, but 100% did not and left my breath smelling foul. They saw their little brown shapes inside the trash bag when taking it out one day and had to have a talk with me. smilie From then on, I strove to live an honest life... jk, I learned to wrap them in a napkin so that they couldn't be seen.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#20 Posted: 05:21:34 07/12/2019
Another one from when I was five: I thought the Teletubbies were real and I wanted to live in Teletubby land so I didn’t have to go to school.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#21 Posted: 06:10:53 07/12/2019 | Topic Creator
I thought that I was born able to speak Korean and had to learn to speak English. I found the Cd dad used that taught me english in the computer and kept asking where the one to learn korean was.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me