Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Youtube is about to Thanos snap a lot of youtubers especially gaming channels
Page 1 of 1
Youtube is about to Thanos snap a lot of youtubers especially gaming channels
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 23:24:05 17/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Channels starting January 1st have to select between family friendly or non family friend

If the channel is family friendly, a LOT of money is taken away, comments will be disabled, and your subscribers wont be notified when you upload. And of course can't make inappropriate content

If it's marked not family friend, you are not allowed to use family friendly characters.
Such as
[User Posted Image]
or
[User Posted Image]

If the channel is marked wrong, your account can be terminated from the site.

Let's say for example I want to make a youtube channel on Pokemon, sounds like good old family friendly content. Pikachu and the other Pokemon are so family friendly

Ok, I want my viewers to be interacting leaving comments make a good whole community of pokemon fans loving my content.
OH WAIT NO COMMENT SECTION
At least I make money
Except most of it is taken away because you can't make good money on family friendly content.
At least people still get notifications?
Youtube: "HAHAHA NOPE! Can't have your fans that can't leave comments being notified when you make content, notifications removed"
Ok I will make it non-family friendly at least then I can cuss in the videos
Youtube: "Now you can't make pokemon content because that animated electric mouse is a child friendly character"

edit: Youtube has notified me of this now. Deleted pretty much all my videos, tried uploading one to test it and the button is there to prevent me. Hahaha this is BAD
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:13:58 18/11/2019 by KrystalLBX
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 00:08:48 18/11/2019
Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Youtube shot it's last leg with a machine gun without warning.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#3 Posted: 00:11:05 18/11/2019
i was going to make a thread about this too. it really sucks, everyone will get screwed no matter what they choose.
if you guys have any favorite small channels or videos i'd recommend getting a hard drive and learning how to use youtube-dl. content probably isn't going to disappear overnight, but if nothing changes expect creators to delete/privatize their videos so they don't get ****ed by the FTC. hell, youtube can just straight up delete your channel if you're not commercially viable to them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:32 18/11/2019 by Carmelita Fox
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#4 Posted: 00:13:03 18/11/2019
sigh

lets all move to vimeo
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#5 Posted: 00:27:33 18/11/2019
you know some streaming platform is gonna open up and all the youtubers are gonna move there and it's gonna cost about £25 a month to subscribe and be able to watch their videos and there will be riots
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me