Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > when violent animal fiction meets kid-friendly television
Page 1 of 1
when violent animal fiction meets kid-friendly television
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 23:51:27 23/10/2019 | Topic Creator

Did anyone else read Silverwing? I watched the animated series first then found the books at a library, both during middle school as I tried to read other animal fantasies like Redwall. The show’s bat designs are, uhm...

[User Posted Image]

...uhh...

[User Posted Image]

...yeah, they’re not great, especially when compared to the cover art. The characters also have a naming convention similar to Wings of Fire, with names like Shade and Marina. Eh, still makes me wince a little but you get used to it. I don’t really remember all the details storywise, was just curious to see if this rang any bells.

Feel free to post any other books. I’ve been meaning to get around to reading Watership Down and Ratha’s Creature.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:59 23/10/2019 by BlueFox
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#2 Posted: 00:12:19 24/10/2019
Ahem .. SILVERWING!!!!!!!
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#3 Posted: 21:00:06 25/10/2019
ooh now i wanna go read it

title made me think of warrior cats and the rumors of a warriors movie 0w0
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 00:19:49 26/10/2019
I read the first one and liked it, also because I watched the show! Then apparently the plot gets really complicated aftwards and I decided I was good with just one.

C'mon the bat furries aren't too bad, though Marina is way too humanlike.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#5 Posted: 07:56:52 27/10/2019
Mainly watched the show as kid. Even stayed up ridiculous times at night for it.

I thought it was neat, though it does get pretty complex between bats vs owls vs wolves vs exotic bats.

They designs aren't that bad (I go on FurAffinity, I have seen worse if not the worst), though I think I can understand a distaste when you go from realistic photo like ideology the book has compared to a style I can really only compare to Winx club and Neopets.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#6 Posted: 17:11:31 30/10/2019
Oh hey, this is based on an old fable that I recently read with some of my students. Funny.

The music gives me a Beast Machines vibe, which is helped by the focus on a bat character and the presence of Rhinox's voice actor playing what sounds to be a villain.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me