Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cancelled Films
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 23:53:07 08/10/2019 | Topic Creator
I stumbled upon that Sly Cooper trailer and thought about making a thread.

Mumbai Musical's art direction looked fantastic. Unlike Larrikins and Me and My Shadow, I don't think I've seen any near finalized animation. These are beautiful!
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:18 09/10/2019 by BlueFox
#2 Posted: 00:05:12 09/10/2019 | Topic Creator
I love them too! Have some more Mumbai.

[User Posted Image]

King of the Elves has lots of artwork. I really would've liked to see this.

Figured I might as well put Larrikins animation tests and boards here!

---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:18:05 09/10/2019 by BlueFox
#3 Posted: 00:54:20 09/10/2019 | Topic Creator
The Legend of Tembo went through a lot. It would've been a film about war elephants. Imagi also had an elephant film, but they shut down after Astro Boy.

Love that HTTYD temp track. In another video they use Disney's Dinosaur. Strangely enough, one of the first clips for HTTYD 2 used Dinosaur's music as well. Since I've already got myself yapping about Dinosaur, let me continue. I think it's history is really interesting. There's a few versions. It wasn't cancelled technically, but aspects were cut out or replaced. Big aspects.

Quote:
The main protagonist was going to be a Styracosaurus named Woot, while the main antagonist was going to be a Tyrannosaurus rex named Gronzi. There was also going to be a small bushbaby-like protoprimate named Suri acting as a supporting character for Woot. The dinosaurs themselves would be animated by Phil Tippett via Go-Motion while Suri and a few other side characters would be played by actors in suits.

According to Paul Verhoeven and Phil Tippett, the film would have been much darker in tone, far more gruesome and brutal than the final version film Disney ultimately created, and would have had a much more grim finale. Woot and Gronzi would have had a final battle with the heroic Styracosaurus ultimately defeating and fatally wounding the vicious T.rex only for his victory to be cut short by the impact of the asteroid that ended the reign of dinosaurs. In the end, Woot and all the other dinosaur characters would die, leaving only Suri and his mammalian kin behind to inherit the earth.

This version was where Aladar was raised by his grandparents instead of lemurs.

---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:10:25 09/10/2019 by BlueFox
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 01:01:22 09/10/2019
Urrrrg why did larrikins get cancelled it was good aussie representation damnit
And it had a bilby! Trix would have loved it ;~;

(and no nemo doesn't count because ellen was in it as like, the main character, with her annoying american voice. and sydney sucks trust me i live here)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:46 09/10/2019 by Bolt
#5 Posted: 01:16:14 09/10/2019 | Topic Creator
I know you mean why as in it could've been a gold mine and looked really good, but I'm just going to take the time to rant about this blunder: The company was bought, and many films were either scrapped or pushed far, far behind. The last Dragons film skipped past its initial release date, and The Croods 2 was up in the air for a while. Lots of missed opportunities, layoffs everywhere. I'm surprised Abominable got out unscathed.

Kevin Lima about Mumbai.Quote:
“It came very close”, Kevin Lima told me. “We were just going into production, we were just starting animation. I’d been working on it for two and a half years. All the songs were written. Stephen Schwartz and A R Rahman. We were just ready to start”.

He added that “I have to say that it’s one of the great disappointments of my film career not seeing that one move forward. It had nothing to do with the movie, and everything to do with the politics of selling the studio. Seven of us I think lost movies at that moment in time”.

There's demo reels littered across the web. Recently, Dreamworks took down Me and My Shadow content. Cease and desist.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:26:45 09/10/2019 by BlueFox
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#6 Posted: 01:24:18 09/10/2019
Quote: Bolt
Urrrrg why did larrikins get cancelled it was good aussie representation damnit
And it had a bilby! Trix would have loved it ;~;

(and no nemo doesn't count because ellen was in it as like, the main character, with her annoying american voice. and sydney sucks trust me i live here)

You right I really would. But we got Boss baby instead... To not sing this song and do this dance again. Maybe it can be revitalized later down the road. Since the short did good.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#7 Posted: 01:31:29 09/10/2019 | Topic Creator
Ya'll wanna hear me talk about dinos some more? No? Okay...

How about puppet dinosaurs? https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki...History_Project

The Dark Crystal, now with Pachycephalosaurs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:49 09/10/2019 by BlueFox
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#8 Posted: 02:31:36 09/10/2019
I really wish Alien 5 didn't get cancelled.

I was personally satisfied with Covenant just fine but I was really excited for this project in particular.
---
Cool cool.
#9 Posted: 02:52:20 09/10/2019 | Topic Creator
I hated Covenant and didn’t care much for Prometheus. I’m not even a hardcore Alien fan, just into its creature design and horror. I think some new blood would’ve done the franchise some good, considering they learn from past mistakes of course. Anything after Aliens is a no from me pretty much...

Before Godzilla 1998, there was Godzilla 1994.

[User Posted Image]

A baby! Look at him go!

[User Posted Image]
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#10 Posted: 05:36:20 09/10/2019
Oh yeah there's a ton of scrapped movies from Godzilla.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#11 Posted: 13:48:49 09/10/2019
Honestly, it's an absolute shame Larrikans didn't go anywhere.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#12 Posted: 00:56:26 10/10/2019 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Treasure Planet 2 concept art. Disney has scrapped many sequels.

[User Posted Image]

Jurassic Park 4. One of many Jurassic Park 4 pitches, actually. If I remember correctly, a lot of them had to deal with weaponizing the dinosaurs. The one I heard about after the human hybrids was real bonkers. Armed raptors parachuting down from copters, serving in the military. Okie-dokie.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:00:07 10/10/2019 by BlueFox
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#13 Posted: 02:22:34 10/10/2019
Both look cool, and I love the concept of human dinosaur hybrids, just not for Jurassic Park.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#14 Posted: 02:40:49 10/10/2019
TREASURE PLANET 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN. DISNEY CAN CHUCK IT.
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#15 Posted: 03:18:37 10/10/2019
Man that Spyro Movie would've been so good, right?
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#16 Posted: 03:39:01 10/10/2019
Quote: willspyro
Man that Spyro Movie would've been so good, right?

*cries*

i was told about the movie at a tender age and waited expectantly for a year until finding out that it got cancelled
it was very disappointing but looking at the producers i think it may have been for the best
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me