Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 30 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#1451 Posted: 17:48:18 24/01/2020
Mischief watched Leoquin dive into the water, and began wondering if she had a way to take a form more suited to water herself. Such a spell would certainly be useful. Of course, for now she had a golem to build. She'd let Leoquin collect rocks, check for the smell of blood (the flaw in this idea had yet to occur to her) and then when they reached land they'd collect clay, check it, and then she'd put the golem together and grab Sere for the final step.

Darkheart watched with a hint of pride as Raclaw learned to wield his fire. "Your aim is good, especially considering how new you are at this."
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1452 Posted: 19:11:56 24/01/2020
Maverick had helped with the navigation after realizing Leoquin might have his mind on other things. He saw how Latnok trained those sailors and got quite motivated. He knew how to use a sword due to his father's vigorous training, but even if he didn't like Latnok that much, he would've been a far better teacher. He barely saw Sere during the hours, possibly busy with many things as well. He would sometimes see Ilasi too purifying water as usual, but being both on duty, he didn't stop to ask her how her conversation with Angora went. There would be time to ask that later.

Angora in the meantime, stayed in Veris' enclosure to clean it. It was the part she liked least of her job, but it had to be done. She ignored the wyvern for the most part, though she would sometimes get goosebumps when she felt he was staring at her while she worked. She didn't know if it was because she didn't like how hopeful he was to still have her as a caretaker once the voyage was over, but it could also be because he was still a predator, and she had to avoid many of them in the past. If they had met under other circumstances, she would've been nothing but prey to him as well. She was certain of it. Things were very different though. Too different. And now she wished Veris didn't like her as much as he did.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1453 Posted: 23:05:45 24/01/2020
Laszur had soon started his typical watch on the deck as the sky dimmed. He was grateful for an uneventful day, as it was one more day that things remained on track. He was a little curious as to how the dragolet occupied himself when he wasn't with his friends.

Leoquin didn't see to much that was noteworthy - but he would find the occasional loose rock here or there, and grab it to put in his net. Whatever it took to get through this - and this idea seemed to have potential. He didn't know too much about magic, but if the captain was on board, then it had to work.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1454 Posted: 23:25:31 24/01/2020
As Maverick watched the beautiful sunset, he was still wondering what Ilasi and Angora talked about. He could ask later, but the curiosity was beating him. He would have to wait though, since Angora wasn't there and Ilasi was busy. Mischief didn't look too occupied, so perhaps he could talk to her?

Everyone was doing their jobs, and Angora was no exception. After she finished up cleaning Veris' enclosure, she was wondering if she should keep Dahlia some company. Being with Veris was becoming very uncomfortable now that she knew what he wanted, and the more she stayed with him, the harder it will be to convince him to part from her.
"There. Nice and clean now. I'll... see you later Veris." she said to the wyvern, getting ready to leave. She wanted nothing more than to just run away, but her uneasiness would become too obvious if she did, so she walked to the door at the usual pace, though worried Veris might pull her in if he still wanted her company...
---
#1455 Posted: 23:53:31 24/01/2020
Veris seemed content - for the moment, at least. "I will see you later!" he called back out, before slumping. He had dreams of food to get to...

Ilasi, having done sufficient work for now, headed briefly to the infirmary to check on the patients and her helpers. Everything seemed to be in order - her medicine combined with the excellent care everyone provided got most of the sailors into good shape relatively quickly. She did want to check on Leoquin's arm, but had no idea where he went.
That would be something she could check later. For now, she would stay on the main deck, enjoying the sunset, maybe speaking with Angora or Maverick if she could find either.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1456 Posted: 00:39:09 25/01/2020
Angora nodded, very relieved that he let her go. Good thing he lately seemed to be more interested in taking naps than being with her. Maybe it was the heavy red meat she was giving him? No matter the reason, she was glad for the break. She headed to Dahlia's enclosure. The dirt buffalo was glad to see her, just not as much as if it had been Maverick. She already had food and clean water, which meant that either Maverick or Ilasi went there earlier today. Still, Angora remained with the buffalo for a while, knowing she would sometimes get awfully lonely. Dahlia was glad to have some company, even though she hated her smell. Angora had dragon smell all over her, which was to be expected but it was still quite annoying.

Sand Dune, Opium and Random greeted her warmly as always, letting her check the patients and giving her an inventory, even thou much hasn't changed. They were hoping all the sailors could get out as soon as tomorrow so they could all go to the main deck. They barely went there anymore, and even if they were very dedicated to their jobs, it was becoming very boring being locked up in that room with nothing else to do. Besides, many of the sailors knew them already. So they imagined it was fine to head to other parts of the ship without worrying about anybody mentioning their shady past... except maybe Leoquin, but he was likely a lost cause.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#1457 Posted: 22:58:57 25/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Crystal was nearby resting her injuries. Her escape did a number on her. Her wings were wrapped up and bandages here and there across her body. She went to get up but her legs nearly gave out on her. She caught herself on a wall and used it to lean against.

Icestorm by now was on the main deck. He too was recovering from his rescue. He was sitting at the rail looking out at the sea. His front paw and wings were also wrapped up. He seemed down his fighting spirit has taken a major hit when he was exiled from the ship.
---
SC
#1458 Posted: 23:17:54 25/01/2020
Mischief looked up at Maverick. Her jitteriness settled briefly, Maverick being naturally calming to her. Partly because she counted him as part of her pack. "Hello Maverick... Err..." She had nothing to start a conversation about right now, beyond maybe bringing up the golem she was going to make, or maybe talking about Angora. Neither of which was particularly appealing right yet. She decided to let him decide a topic.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#1459 Posted: 23:58:16 25/01/2020
Quote:
Though the results weren't perfect, Latnok was satisfied with how the training had gone so far. A bit of persistence, and things would definitely go much better next time. He would probably cook this evening, since Maverick cooked in the morning, and high morale before a battle was always nice to have.
Quote:
Darkheart watched with a hint of pride as Raclaw learned to wield his fire. "Your aim is good, especially considering how new you are at this."

"Thanks-- you don't know how much it helps to hear that coming from you.," Raclaw said looking back at his mate with a gentle smile. Darkheart was, at least at heart, a wild dragon and such a dragon being impressed at all by him was inspirational to say the least. "She's right; you doing good!," Chester barked as additional encouragement. The little dog was sitting between Latnok and Darkheart, always an ideal spot for spontaneous petting. Raclaw began to prepare his next shot, getting even closer than the last shot. More practise would definitely be essential in the long run, perhaps daily much like Latnok's own training. Risar watched leaning against one of the railing and offered a nod of encouragement himself. Indeed, the Fur Dragon was growing in power and control...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1460 Posted: 01:41:41 26/01/2020
Angora remained with Dahlia for a while. She didn't know if it was because the buffalo didn't attempt to talk to her or due to her powers being limited to certain animals, but so far, Angora hasn't heard Dahlia speak. She was no Veris, but she was glad for the change in company. She was going to try to visit Veris less and less with each day and try to limit her visits only for cleaning and meal time. If he wyvern got less used to her company, perhaps he would change his mind when they reached the main land. She doubted it would work, but it was worth a try.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Crystal was nearby resting her injuries. Her escape did a number on her. Her wings were wrapped up and bandages here and there across her body. She went to get up but her legs nearly gave out on her. She caught herself on a wall and used it to lean against.

The three healing men had been bored for a while, but then it looked like they were going to have some action. Crystal, that majestic looking creature that always seemed to be sleeping looked like it was struggling to get up at last. Random intercepted her.
"Easy there. Your wounds still haven't healed completely." Sand Dune warned, seeing she was much better but there was still room for more recovery.

Quote: darknessdawn
Mischief looked up at Maverick. Her jitteriness settled briefly, Maverick being naturally calming to her. Partly because she counted him as part of her pack. "Hello Maverick... Err..." She had nothing to start a conversation about right now, beyond maybe bringing up the golem she was going to make, or maybe talking about Angora. Neither of which was particularly appealing right yet. She decided to let him decide a topic.

"Hola Mischief. I feel like we haven't talked in a while. Where have you been? Saw you keeping Oscurito company the other day. That was nice." he complimented, glad the dragolet could have friends even with his reputation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:22 26/01/2020 by Felines
#1461 Posted: 01:59:50 26/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“I want to get some air. Can you help me walk?” Crystal said.
---
SC
#1462 Posted: 03:38:20 26/01/2020
Angora was still in Dahlia's enclosure, starting to wonder why she hasn't done that before. Veris was not the only mount on that ship she could stay with.
"You know Dahlia, I wish I could've been more like you. You see a dragon and the first thing you want to do is to get as far away from them as possible. I should've done the same. I shouldn't have bonded with Veris so much. Now he wants me to come with him once the journey is over. But how could I live surrounded by Guardians and likely many other wyverns too? And attending his every needs? Even if I get paid, it will still be too much work. Too much... misery? Not even sure how to put it..." Angora said, listening to see if she heard Dahlia talk... but all she could hear were soft moos. Perhaps she couldn't talk? Or was her ability still limited? Or maybe she could only understand certain animals? Whatever the reason, it was quite disappointing she couldn't understand Dahlia. She could've vented with her better.

The dirt buffalo listened to Angora, feeling quite sorry for her. She couldn't understand all of her words, but just enough to kind of know in what kind of predicament Angora was in. She had the smell of many dragons, but most especially the black and blue one who only had it's two back legs and wings for support. Veris was called? Despite not being the biggest dragon, he looked like the most vicious. She couldn't forget him given that at the beginning of the voyage, someone put both of them near each other, driving the gluttonous wyvern crazy for a while. Dahlia barely saw him anymore after that, but she was convinced he was a savage monster. It was beyond her how Angora was still alive interacting with him so much, but she figured that it was the humans keeping the dragons under control. Although in Angora's case, perhaps she was being used by both humans and wyverns? She glanced at the tiny troll with so much pity, strongly believing that once her usefulness was over, she will be eaten. Dahlia didn't even want to imagine the heartbreak her poor Maverick would go through once that happened...

“I want to get some air. Can you help me walk?” Crystal said.

Random and Sand Dune looked at each other, wondering if that was such a good idea. Opium convinced them to give her that chance. Random was the strongest, followed by Sand Dune, so they both helped Crystal up the main deck while Opium stayed in the infirmary.
"Now you behave yourself, alright? The captain has a lot in his mind lately." Sand Dune warned, knowing that it would be their fault if Crystal got out of control.
---
#1463 Posted: 03:44:12 26/01/2020
Leoquin felt he had a decent starting haul for now - he still had to carry everything to shore, after all. Grabbing the net in his arms, he set off for the shore ahead, in the path of the ship. They would be able to sort out the materials from there - and he could always swim out to get more. His arm ached with the injury, but he would be able to manage.

With Crystal out on the deck, Ilasi decided to drop what she was doing right now (which was, effectively, nothing) and speak to the bird. Carefully, with no sudden movements, he came over, not trying to get shocked by another creature. "Good evening... Crystal, I believe it was?" she greeted. "How are you feeling right now? Anything you need? You should be resting where you can." The people on this ship - so many of them rather stubborn, being out and about when they should just be taking it easy and healing. Ilasi appreciated the motivation, but often found such things rather silly and counterproductive.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1464 Posted: 04:09:17 26/01/2020
Random and Sand Dune smiled at Ilasi, glad to see her again.
"Don't blame the pretty bird. She just wanted some fresh air. She has been there for a while after all, and trust me, it can get boring and rather depressing." Sand Dune explained, understanding Crystal perfectly. He and his friends were almost always locked up in that infirmary, so they were glad for this break and wished Opium could've been there.
---
#1465 Posted: 04:13:35 26/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“Just needed to stretch my legs. They hurt but I’ll be ok.” Crystal said. She then thought for a moment. “Ilasi? It was Ilasi right? I’m worried about Icestorm.” She looked to Icestorm who was still injured but well enough to move around. “Look at the poor dragon. He’s lost his fighting spirit. I wish there was something we can do to fix that.”
---
SC
#1466 Posted: 04:28:23 26/01/2020
Sand Dune looked at Icestorm, and realized he was the little dragon that barely showed up at the infirmary.
"Well, can't you tell him to come with us? I think he hates being in the infirmary, but he's not going to heal himself if he keeps that up." Sand Dune said, seeing how much Crystal empathy see with the little dragon. He was so small and timid he was barely seen by anybody... or so Sand Dune suspected.

Then Random said something to Sand Dune in sign language.
"Ooo, that's a great idea Random. Angora. Where is Angora? The little troll is mostly alone too. Maybe they could hang out? They could help each other..." Sand Dune asked, figuring she was with Veris. It was common knowledge now how much Angora took care of that wyvern, especially after that conversation with Ilasi they witnessed earlier.
---
#1467 Posted: 04:46:30 26/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“Perhaps. Can one of you go fetch her? I want to rest up her for a little.” Crystal said.
---
SC
#1468 Posted: 16:08:25 26/01/2020
Ilasi looked busy, and Random looked like he could hold Crystal alone for a while, so Sand Dune went to Icestorm.
"Hey there little one. Contemplating the horizon? You've been alone for a while, haven't you? I know you don't like the infirmary, but the pretty bird there would really enjoy the company. And I'm sure the little troll Angora would too. You know her, right?" Sand Dune commented to the small kaiju, knowing he didn't take the best of approaches, but he wanted Icestorm to feel welcome in the ship.
---
#1469 Posted: 16:47:58 26/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Icestorm looked at Sand Dune for a moment then back out at the ocean. “I know. I just want to be alone for awhile.” He looked at his injuries. “I can’t even fight or fly.”
---
SC
#1470 Posted: 17:13:04 26/01/2020
Darkheart smiled and crooned. "And you likely don't know how much I enjoy even having someone I can say that to. Before I met your little group I was alone. Alleviating my loneliness, well, I'll be grateful for a long time. Now, keep it up, the improvement in your ability speaks for itself."

Mischief nodded quietly. "I was with Shade a bit, yeah. We're both burdened with difficulties in control. If I ever lost my orb, my magick would go completely haywire." A bit quieter she added "Then there's my other self, but that's a different topic entirely and I don't like talking about her..." Noticing Leoquin resurfacing, she excitedly noted "Looks like he's got a nice selection of stones for the golem! It'll be stronger for the solid stone!"
---
#1471 Posted: 19:51:59 26/01/2020
Though she could treat most physical injuries, Ilasi wasn't one for being inspirational. "Well... he was, uh, dismissed, then lured to those people, then captured and almost sacrificed, and brought back here... I can see how that might make one fall into despair. I don't think I can offer much more than my sympathies, however - I think one of his peers would probably do a better job..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1472 Posted: 20:01:30 26/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“Would Maverick help? He seems to have that quality about him.” Crystal said.
---
SC
#1473 Posted: 22:08:20 26/01/2020
Random nodded, knowing that if someone could make anyone feel good, it was Maverick. The big man saw him from zone distance, but he seemed busy talking to the now bipedal, tall fox. And he still had Crystal to hold. But he was certain Ilasi would go get him later.

Icestorm looked at Sand Dune for a moment then back out at the ocean. “I know. I just want to be alone for awhile.” He looked at his injuries. “I can’t even fight or fly.”

Sand Dune understood his concern, but he knew exactly what to say.
"Well, many of us get injured, but we choose whether to get up or stay down. Those wounds only need time. And if traditional medicine ado met work, magic could do the trick." he suggested, knowing Ilasi had some knowledge on the matter, and he has heard about Angora having the ability too, so Icestorm had options.

Mischief nodded quietly. "I was with Shade a bit, yeah. We're both burdened with difficulties in control. If I ever lost my orb, my magick would go completely haywire." A bit quieter she added "Then there's my other self, but that's a different topic entirely and I don't like talking about her..." Noticing Leoquin resurfacing, she excitedly noted "Looks like he's got a nice selection of stones for the golem! It'll be stronger for the solid stone!"

Maverick was glad Leoquin's arrival triggered a change in topic, since he was sure he didn't want to know about this other personality Mischief kept talking about.
"Stones... or wait, golem?" Maverick asked, wondering what Mischief was talking about. Was she a fan of rocs or constructed stuff with it? That was the impression the golem gave.
---
#1474 Posted: 23:17:38 26/01/2020
Quote:
Darkheart smiled and crooned. "And you likely don't know how much I enjoy even having someone I can say that to. Before I met your little group I was alone. Alleviating my loneliness, well, I'll be grateful for a long time. Now, keep it up, the improvement in your ability speaks for itself."

Raclaw offered offered a nod, continuing the training with varied-but-overall-positive results. Indeed-- neither he or Darkheart would never have to be alone again. They had not only each other, but also the loyal/faithful Latnok and Chester. The former's ownership of himself/his collar also provided legal protection and a lifelong guarantee of his safety. No matter what happened; he knew that he would be fed and that he would be looked after. For a lifetime or at least as long as Latnok continued to live and continued to want him. He was Latnok's, he was Darkheart's, and.. he couldn't be happier.
---
#1475 Posted: 23:27:27 26/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“Wings take the longest to heal. A dragon losing the ability to fly is like loosing a friend. The breeze flowing through my scales and belly do wonders. It’s the most relaxing thing to do as a dragon.” Icestorm said as he gently curled his tail around himself.
---
SC
#1476 Posted: 23:47:41 26/01/2020
Mischief was surprised to learn Maverick was utterly unfamiliar with golems. "Golems are magickal constructs formed from earthen materials. Clay and stone are the most common. Leoquin is helping gather materials. The Captain agreed to help in giving it life once it's constructed. It'll help us. Golems are physically powerful and highly resistant to magick, making them prized allies for any mage." she summarized.

Darkheart watched Raclaw practice, quietly encouraging him.
---
#1477 Posted: 00:07:09 27/01/2020
Ilasi nodded. "Of course he would! I'll see if he has time to talk with Icestorm." She already requested he talk with Leoquin, but certainly talking with one more person on the ship couldn't hurt...
Maverick wasn't far away, and Ilasi was soon by his side as he continued his conversation with Mischief - about golems, seemingly. From the bit she caught, the process seemed somewhat similar to constructed gargoyles, though she wasn't familiar enough with either to make a call. She waited patiently for Maverick and Mischief to finish, not wanting to interrupt anything.

With some of the other training settled, Latnok was able to settle down with Raclaw for a bit of winding down before he retired for the day. With all of this happening, he had to wonder - what was it he wanted for the future? A while ago, he might've been content to continue doing what he was doing without much thought into it... but there were so many variables to take into account now. More than himself, the Guardians, or the nebulous concept of the "other" people - the regular people going about their lives.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1478 Posted: 01:48:38 27/01/2020
Angora stayed with Dahlia for a long while, talking and grooming her, but she was starting to get hungry.
"Alright girl. This was nice, but it's time for me to go. I promise to visit you more often." Angora promised, knowing that hanging out with Dahlia would decrease her time with Veris. But as she was about to leave, Dahlia grabbed her. Just great. Another animal growing too fond of her, and she barely stayed with her.
"Come on girl! I was here for almost an hour. More than enough. If Maverick doesn't come, I'll come before falling asleep." Angora assured, loosening the grip and leaving immediately. At least Dahlia bonding with her was somewhat better than with a constantly hungry wyvern.

Dahlia didn't insist, but as she watched Angora leave, she was worried. Unlike what the troll thought, she wasn't stopping her due to fondness, but to prevent her from going to Veris again. Dahlia didn't care too much about Angora, but her death would clearly break her sensible master's heart. She knew how much Maverick loved her, for reasons beyond her, but perhaps Maverick was just that lovable? Dahlia didn't want him to be sad, but she was certain that the more time Angora spent with that accursed wyvern, the more danger she was going to be in...

Mischief was surprised to learn Maverick was utterly unfamiliar with golems. "Golems are magickal constructs formed from earthen materials. Clay and stone are the most common. Leoquin is helping gather materials. The Captain agreed to help in giving it life once it's constructed. It'll help us. Golems are physically powerful and highly resistant to magick, making them prized allies for any mage." she summarized.

Maverick listened attentively.
"Hmm? Interesting. I'm still new to the world of magic, but I am fully aware of the variety it has." Maverick said, figuring he was never going to be done learning about it. He then noticed Ilasi.
"Oh. Hola querida. Just talking to dear Mischief here." he said with one of his cute, goofy smiles, happy to be in the presence of such classy girls.

“Wings take the longest to heal. A dragon losing the ability to fly is like loosing a friend. The breeze flowing through my scales and belly do wonders. It’s the most relaxing thing to do as a dragon.” Icestorm said as he gently curled his tail around himself.

Sand Dune understood, but he didn't want Icestorm to be sad.
"I know it's hard, but you're giving up too fast. You were brought here. You were saved, given another chance. I'm sure you'll fly again, but for now, you need to talk to others and recover." he suggested, knowing that as a healer, he had to try heal emotions too.
---
#1479 Posted: 02:05:47 27/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“What is there to talk about?” Icestorm said. “My story is a long and boring one.”
---
SC
#1480 Posted: 02:53:49 27/01/2020
Maverick's smile always did manage to put Ilasi at ease. "Hello, dear. I hope I'm not interrupting anything too important, she prefaced - though Maverick, having spoken to her, had made her feel welcome to speak. "It's about Icestorm... he seems pretty out of it, at least from Crystal's observations, and she feels you would be the best candidate to speak to him. Uh... that's all. Just sharing her thoughts with you..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1481 Posted: 04:24:06 27/01/2020
Mischief greeted Ilasi with a nod. "Hello, Miss Ilasi... I was just explaining golems, as you likely noticed... Um, did I return your spellbook yet? I'm a bit distracted... Really worried I'll make a fatal mistake during the ritual..." She fidgeted nervously for a bit before returning to crossing her arms and gripping her upper arms. She didn't draw blood this time - she wasn't that distressed yet - but this was a make-or-break effort. Success could gain the trust of the crew. Failure, well, there'd be a good chance of ending up with several crew members dead if the golem was awakened incorrectly. And if it just didn't wake up, she'd have to set to work collecting reagents and hunting to find her mistake.
---
#1482 Posted: 04:34:00 27/01/2020
"Icestorm? Oh, you mean the little red dragon? I barely see him anymore. He should try to talk to us more often. He was just rescued from those people. He had a chance not many have." Maverick expressed, having heard about the rescue. He let Mischief talk before continuing.
"Don't you worry about that. Ilasi and Angora both have magic. And of course el capitán knows tons about it. They'll help you." he assured, sensing Mischief's distress and worry.

“What is there to talk about?” Icestorm said. “My story is a long and boring one.”

Sand Dune shook his head gently, finding it rather adorable how he expressed himself, even if it was sad.
"Come on. You're a dragon. A small one, but you look powerful. No story is boring... but if you want to talk about boring, look at me. I was raised in a small down desert. Imagine that, a desert. Not much to look at. When I joined the pirate life, that's when things got interesting... though not in the fun way." Sand Dune explained, trying to raise Icestorm's spirits as best as he could.
---
#1483 Posted: 05:37:52 27/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“Well at least you aren’t the only one of your kind. I’m a Dwarf Kaiju. My kind was hunted to extinction. I’m the only one left.” Icestorm said. “You know why I came on this adventure? I came because I was tired of being afraid. I was tired of hiding and running. But after being captured and almost killed I’m afraid.”
---
SC
#1484 Posted: 22:00:36 27/01/2020
Things got even more difficult for Sand Dune, but he wasn't about to give up so easily.
"I'm sorry to hear that, but... that just makes you more special now, doesn't it? I understand why you're so scared after what almost happened, but the important thing is that you were rescued in time. You're here with us now. We'll protect you." Sand Dune assured, meaning it.

"Speaking of unique, look at Angora. She's... not the only one of her kind, but she might as well be. Like so many of us I'm certain, trolls were viewed as nothing but big, violent, gluttonous brutes, but she really made us change our minds. If you don't want to talk to anybody, at least start with her." he suggested, knowing that if someone was in a rather similar predicament, it was Angora. Sand Dune found her and Icesorm the most compatible for interactions right now with the way things were.
---
#1485 Posted: 05:06:18 28/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“Could someone get her? I want to enjoy the view. It calms me.” Icestorm said. “But you’re right. I’m safe here.
---
SC
#1486 Posted: 19:36:02 28/01/2020
Sand dune obliged... but he was currently busy with Crystal, and Random wasn't going to be able to hold on to her all by himself for long.
"Angora is probably taking care of the wyvern right now. But she'll be here soon. She sometimes bring him here. You can stay with us and the pretty bird in the meantime." Sand Dune suggested, believing Ilasi would be busy as well and knowing it would take a while to find Angora in such a big ship. She could be with Veris, or somewhere else entirely. But even if she was with the wyvern, Sand Dune figured it wasn't very wise to enter his enclosure, whether he was alone or not.

After leaving Dahlia Angora went to the kitchen to grab herself some snacks. Veris ate a while ago, and even though she knew he would welcome more food, it was better not to spoil him too much and wait until it was time.

Back at her enclosure, Dahlia was pacing around, worried and nervous. How could Angora be so dumb? Their reputation was right. Trolls were stupid. As a heavy prey animal, Dahlia has come to accept some animals just needed to eat meat in order to live, but it was also in the prey's nature to run away from such terrible fate, so she couldn't understand why Angora was doing the contrary. If it was another one, Dahlia wouldn't have cared who was devoured, but this was Angora, someone her master loved a lot, and she would hate to see his sensible heart crushed. But what else could she do? It's not like she could hold Angora against her will...
---
#1487 Posted: 05:48:31 29/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Icestorm looked at Crystal and she nodded. “Sand Dune.....I have something to tell you. You don’t know the whole truth. You see myself and Crystal are apart of a very secretive order called the Order of the Shining Light. The order is dedicated to Orion himself. We are his protectors and lore keepers.” Icestorm said. “We are here to help a Orion regain balance again. You must not tell anyone this or this could be drastic consequences.” Icestorm said. He wanted to tell everyone but he knew it wouldn’t be good to do that. He and Crystal would have to tell Sere himself in time.
---
SC
#1488 Posted: 17:38:19 29/01/2020
Mischief nodded again, still nervous. However, she also felt... A sort of giddy excitement. This was a truly great test of her prowess. If she could pull this off... She suddenly jumped as a familiar voice whispered in her mind Calm yourself. Your instincts are on target. Everything will go smoothly so long as you relax a bit. And where have you been this whole time!? You scared me, piping up so suddenly! My apologies, little one. I've been watching. You're a talented little witch. The term is Black Mage, thank you. My apologies again. Anyway, your skills are genuinely impressive. The Ishulgites won't know what hit them. I agree. They won't stand a chance. Their cruelty and manipulation will end! I swear that! Good. Now, it's almost time. Be mentally prepared for the ritual. Mischief's eyes suddenly display an intense willpower. "I must ensure everything is properly set up. If we can breath life into this golem, our chances will increase exponentially. Even a basic golem is nigh impossible to bring down without specifically targeting the few weaknesses it has. With such powerful assistance, victory is all but ensured. Any magick they have will be almost useless on it. And on the off chance they manage to damage it, I know how to repair it! All we need to do is build it and bring it to life!" Now unable to hide the giddy excitement welling up in her, she lightly bounced on her feet, loosening her muscles. Being stiff could keep her from performing the proper hand motions.
---
#1489 Posted: 20:00:01 29/01/2020
Maverick felt like some of her exitement was rubbing off on him.
"Well tell me when you begin. I will root for you." he assured, believing that if Mischief had someone she trusted and liked, she would do better. Of course, Angora was the better candidate, but there was no telling where she was right now. Whether busy with Veris or somewhere else entirely.

Icestorm looked at Crystal and she nodded. “Sand Dune.....I have something to tell you. You don’t know the whole truth. You see myself and Crystal are apart of a very secretive order called the Order of the Shining Light. The order is dedicated to Orion himself. We are his protectors and lore keepers.” Icestorm said. “We are here to help a Orion regain balance again. You must not tell anyone this or this could be drastic consequences.” Icestorm said. He wanted to tell everyone but he knew it wouldn’t be good to do that. He and Crystal would have to tell Sere himself in time.

Sand Dune didn't know why Icestorm would be telling him such a thing when he barely knew him and it was such secretive information.
"Well, I guess a deity like him is often busy and needs help." he estimated, afterwards promising not to tell a soul. If he was telling the truth, he wondered why Icestorm didn't figure the Ishulgites real plan. Last time he heard, he was voluntarily part of them until he went against their ideals. Perhaps they have been that good at hiding their real intentions? No matter the case, they were a danger, and they had to be careful.
---
#1490 Posted: 20:22:24 29/01/2020
Mischief nodded energetically. The encouragement from everyone helped a lot. If she still had a tail it would be wagging happily. Instead, the way she was moving resulted in her mane swaying in a fashion similar to a wagging tail. It managed to get her excitement - and her gratitude for the support - across, especially when combined with how expressive her eyes were. "Thank you... You have no idea how much the support from my pack means..." she told Maverick, as if her body language wasn't already making it clear.
---
#1491 Posted: 22:45:52 29/01/2020
Maverick was happy, being completely convinced that despite the drastic change, Mischief was still the same. Perhaps if this golem plan worked, Latnok would treat him far better than he was.

After eating well, Angora made her way to the main deck, needing some fresh air. Once again, she thought about bringing Veris for the same too, but like she promised herself, she was going to be more distanced from him than before and hopefully make their separation less hard. Some peace and quiet would be out of the question though, since almost as soon as Sand Dune spotted her, he went towards her.
"Hey Angora. We were just talking about you. Look who's here. You guys are friends, right? I bet you can share many things." he suggested, pointing at Icestorm. Angora wasn't too much in the mood to socialize with anybody, but Icestorm didn't look like it either, so she stood besides him while Sand Dune continued helping Random keep Crystal standing...
---
#1492 Posted: 22:54:46 29/01/2020
Up on the shore ahead, Leoquin took advantage of the currents to arrive at the shore slightly ahead of the ship. He dropped his net, emptying it of the many rocks he had managed to collect in his hunt.
Sere stepped out soon afterwards. A faint wisp of smoke was just starting to make its way up into the air - likely the fighters from Mercenary Island setting up camp. He was due to rendezvous with them shortly after the ship landed; as they had mentioned previously, they intended to break down the fortress doors with a battering ram, but perhaps, if the golem project were successful, they would be able to destroy the doors without risking as many people in the fight. The ship would be making landfall soon; perhaps everyone could rest for the night, and he would set out in the early morning. At the very least, having the battering ram built wouldn't hurt.

"Hmm... golems. I'd be interested in helping how I can," Ilasi offered cheerfully. She didn't know Mischief that well, but hoped that some support would make the odd creature feel more comfortable in her plans. Besides, a golem meant fewer people had to risk dying in the fight - and it was also an opportuity to learn more things which she may possibly incorporate into her magic later.
As they continued speaking, Ilasi looked out, at Leoquin dropping the rocks of by the shore they were quickly approaching. The sun was getting low; but they were almost there. If they weren't traveling anymore, it would mean Maverick, Leoquin, and Sere would all be free - and gods knew they could use the rest.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1493 Posted: 00:21:07 30/01/2020
Maverick enjoyed the bonding with Mischief, and was dry glad when he saw the island.
"Oh mira Mischief, land at last..." Maverick exclaimed, exited at first, but after their last island, he wasn't certain if they were going to take the break they so thoroughly needed.

Angora on the other hand, remained neutral with the sight of the island, knowing that land meant another possible Ishulgite base, or some other forsaken creature, though hopefully, nothing was worse than the beast they slayed on that last place. It was an experience she would rather forget. One thing was certain though; her two daggers... which is then that she remembered that Veris' fang remained stuck on the creature's giant snout. She didn't know if the wyvern would be upset for losing it, but given how easy it was for him to dispose of a tooth the last time, she didn't think he would mind... though evidently, Angora didn't want to give him the impression that she owed him.
---
#1494 Posted: 01:38:49 30/01/2020
As Maverick, Mischief, and the others bonded-- Raclaw and Chester settled down next to Latnok, with Darkheart free to join as she saw fit. Chester looked up at his two now three companions and was quite pleased with where his life had taken him. He recalled the past and twisty turns that had brought him to where he was now; he was once a puppy eagerly waiting in the back corner of a kennel watching passerbys keep on passing. That was until *they* came. He had finally found a home; found a family.

At first.. they loved him and they had taken good care of him. But then, they started fighting shortly after the treats stopped coming and boos started coming in. They fought and they drank and than he finally ran on that one faithful day. Raclaw-- his fluffiest best friend and now older sibling under ownership; he had saved him. And Latnok-- the lovable Guardian; he had not only presented him with a new collar but also legally secured both their futures. He was happy.. not only for himself, but for Raclaw. And what about Darkheart? Would she too eventually end up owned like themselves? Only time would tell, but the little Beagle was happy to have her in their lives as well. He wondered if the black dragoness would like to play ball some time...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:27 30/01/2020 by redwes
#1495 Posted: 05:19:27 30/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Icestorm looked at Angora waiting to see what she would do.

Crystal looked at the two former pirates helping her stay up. “Hey guys can you let me rest my legs? They are starting to hurt.”
---
SC
#1496 Posted: 16:05:42 30/01/2020
Angora was somewhat glad Icestorm didn't speak. She had too much on her mind to get into a conversation. While she would've been enthusiastic for a chance off the ship, the last island left her quite traumatized. But if it was deemed safe enough, she was thinking of having Veris as an escort. Not only would it guarantee she would be keeping a close eye on him, he would also get some exercise and hopefully his own food.

Sand Dune and Random obliged to Crystal's request, lying her gently on the floor. It wasn't exactly a soft floor, but it will have to do for now. They tried to find a blanket, a rug or something of that nature to give to her, but nothing of the sort was accessible.
---
#1497 Posted: 16:28:50 30/01/2020 | Topic Creator
“I’ll be fine you two. I just want to enjoy the view.” Crystal said.

Icestorm wanted to say something to Angora but he couldn’t think of what. He just looked down at his paws.
---
SC
#1498 Posted: 21:25:51 30/01/2020
Mischief shifted her stance, somewhat anxious and almost overflowing with a palpable nervous energy. "All right, it's almost time. Collect the clay, ensure purity, and then form and animate our newest ally..."

Darkheart cuddled into Raclaw, crooning lovingly.
---
#1499 Posted: 22:32:39 30/01/2020
Leoquin sat on the shore (as best he reasonably could in his aquatic form), watching as the ship approached the shore. The anchor fell soon after, along with the gangplank. With the opportunity granted to him, Leoquin crawled up to get back on the deck.
He gave a brief yawn. After all of that, he could use some sleep. His preferred arm still twinged every now and then, but it was getting better. He wasn't going to let a bit of pain stop him from doing his job. He still had principles, at least...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1500 Posted: 22:50:30 30/01/2020
"Look at that-- landmass!," Raclaw said perking his ears as he also noted Leoquin's return. He doubted they would have the likes of an fancy pet hotel, but hopefully they would be afforded some rest before the coming battle. Chester looked onto the land and wondered when they would find an island safe enough for him to roam again. He would even settle for leash if it meant walking on solid land again. "Welcome back.," Risar offered with a polite nod as the minotaur helped Leoquin up. Even he could tell that some of the more animal-like members of the crew, such as Shade, were getting a bit antsy.
---
First | Previous | Page 30 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me