Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 40 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1951 Posted: 23:12:53 12/03/2020
"But my human..." Veris doubtfully replied - but he realized Angora did have a point. She and Sere have often been on ill terms. As much as he wanted to hope things had improved, Sere might feel otherwise. "I... if my human doesn't want you, then... I understand... I... understand..."
Veris knew not what he would do if Sere chose not to allow Angora to come along, but he doubted any other caretaker would treat him like she did - not just caring for him, but loving him. Even if he had to acknowledge the possibility of such a future, he certainly didn't like it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1952 Posted: 23:36:30 12/03/2020
Angora knew Veris was trying, but it was way too obvious he just wanted to snap. She didn't made him change his mind, but at least he was trying now to be more understanding, even if he was not being successful. She actually felt quite bad for him, and was starting to regret beginning this conversation. Shade, Veris, no matter what happened, she was going to end up disappointing somebody, and it pained her very much. While she didn't look forward to stay in Guardian headquarters and take care of the wyvern for as long as she lived, it was still something she intended to keep a secret for his sake, and partly hers. She knew he would be too offended and take her reasoning the wrong way. Veris was still dear to her despite being rather scary sometimes.
"Well we are friends Veris. Nothing can change that. And hey, even if I can't be your permanent caretaker, I promise I will visit you often. I'm certain Sere will allow that much at least. Now please don't be sad. I'm still here. There's still a little while of voyage, and I'm all yours right now." Angora said, knowing she probably shouldn't be saying stuff like that, but Veris looked so sad and disappointed she was feeling very regretful. She stayed in the enclosure with him, willing to let him do as he pleased to at least try to amend things.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1953 Posted: 00:05:59 13/03/2020
"Friends... Still friends... Okay. You will still come sometimes? You are telling me the truth, certainly!" Veris pleaded. "If my human doesn't like you... I still want to see you. Okay! We will still get together! Yes!" Veris gave Angora a lick for good measure in his efforts to reassure himself. He still had his doubts... but if Angora said she would, certainly she would still see him. And that was presuming Sere didn't take her on board - which Veris believed he would more than likely do. Only time would tell.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:02 13/03/2020 by A Guy
#1954 Posted: 00:22:27 13/03/2020
Angora stayed with Veris for most of the day, only leaving for when she needed some fresh air or when it was mealtime for the both of them. Sere hasn't approached her to talk about the matter, likely too preoccupied with what they would do in the mainland once they arrived. While she didn't know what his decision would be, her only hope now if she did become Veris' permanent taker was if the wyvern himself realizes in the long run that while he might be happy, she may not be too much. At one point in the kitchen, she realized she never told Maverick about anything. But Ilasi knew. Maybe she told him? She kinda didn't want him to know since he probably wouldn't want that kind of life with her, and despite his relationship with the mermaid, Angora knew Maverick still cared about her very much.

For much of the voyage, Maverick did his duties well, still cooking for the crew and sometimes helping with the navigation. In his spare time, whenever he wasn't with Ilasi, he would read the tome that Sere gifted him. So many creatures! It was very interesting literature. And whenever he worked with the navigation, he assisted Leoquin, trying his best to befriend the merman and encourage him to repair the once beautiful friendship he had with Ilasi. One of the sailors overheard one of their conversations one day, and faced Maverick with the possibility that maybe Leoquin was jealous. Being the only merfolks onboard, perhaps Leoquin had feelings for Ilasi and despised that she chose someone that wasn't even her species over him. It was a rather challenging thought, but Maverick had her doubts. If that was the case, it would mean Leoquin would've resented him, and he respected Maverick enough. Maybe he was just that good at hiding his feelings? Despite his attempts, the merman was still quite a puzzle for him.

Huntress made good of her word. While she wanted to accompany the king, she knew he would be very busy, and didn't go with him to avoid getting in the way. Instead, whenever she had the chance, she would tell stories to the children as well as adults, wanting to make sure that whoever had doubts started to question themselves. She didn't know how successful she was being, but one thing that was clear is that whoever that man with the supposed Scepter of Storms was, he was making sure the people had doubts about their real king, and she simply couldn't allow that.
---
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#1955 Posted: 19:39:16 13/03/2020
OOC: Just gonna drop this post here, and warn you guys that the library won't be as open as normal so my already poor availability is dropping. Hopefully that doesn't mean an activity spike nobody foresaw.

Mischief spent most of the remaining voyage in one of four activities. She'd practice her spells, train with Digi to learn new and useful moves only she had proper access to, eat, and rest. But sleep didn't come, not properly. Underneath it all, she was extremely anxious, and to an extent it showed. No doubt some in the crew noticed her unusually strained nerves, but little could be done.
Darkheart, for her part, mostly just tried to stay available without spending much time away from Raclaw.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#1956 Posted: 21:04:46 13/03/2020
The days ahead would see the fears of the king become a reality; with the Scepter, Rigel exploited the resentment of much of humanity to gain control of city after city. Not all was lost, however; there were many who were still loyal to the king, or to the ideals Aelinon represented. Those people would stay by his side. Naturally, Huntress' words would help a few stay in the fold where they may have doubted before.
Unfortunately, drastic measures were required in order to ensure loyalty in such a tumultuous time. Those caught speaking against Seraos were imprisoned; those caught planning to aid the new regime were publicly executed. Seraos wondered where he had gone wrong all this time...
Eventually, after about a week, the battle lines would be essentially drawn. The Ishulgites controlled most of the western part of the nation; the loyalists controlled the eastern part. Most importantly, the loyalists maintained control of Redwater - the largest city - and Orcford - the closest fort to the Void Breaker. Redwater was relatively safe behind the new borders; Orcford, however, would need defending.
Merfolk and galuds naturally sided with Seraos; they were made scapegoats by the Ishulgites. Tales spread of how merfolk had manipulated humanity throughout history in order to fight their battles for them; of how the human monarchy was nothing more than a puppet government propped up by them; of how galuds were little more than opportunistic vultures who took advantage of the hard work put forth by humanity in order to benefit themselves. Behemoths were split relatively evenly. One thing that Seraos did not anticipate was the addition of the Silvianestian elves to the Ishulgite forces; most were already converted, and those who were not already enthralled by the Ishulgites were hoping for a chance to rescue Princess Nirsesh, who remained securely imprisoned in Redwater.
There was already much blood spilled; and yet this was only the beginning. Rigel, however, had a plan to assert his legitimacy; such an action would likely bring enough people into the fold to cause the rest of the continent to fall to him. Such an action would, by its very nature, have to be announced far ahead of time; the loyalists would have time to prepare, but they needed a plan...

The trip back was much more dull than the trip to Falcon's Beak. Sere, not having as many matters to occupy his time, was able to spend some more time with Veris - whom he still could not understand - and more importantly, sorting out the matter of pay. Technically, the contracts everyone had signed would end once they made the return trip back from Falcon's Beak; though they had not gotten the Scepter of Storms like he had hoped, there was still much treasure they were able to acquire from their journey, enough to have any of the mercenaries more than satisfied with their share.
Shade would have to be turned over once they arrived; Laszur would go back to the company of Aelinon. The rest, Sere figured, would likely stay to finish the task they started; to those, he planned to give additional compensation. Already, Sere looked forward to seeing his fellow Guardians once again; he would likely need to call upon them for what was to come.
As the shore drew nearer, it was clear that there was an even larger military presence than usual. Far in the distance, with a telescope, it seemed that ships entering the port were being thoroughly searched. Sere knew it had something to do with Rigel and the Ishulgites; yet there was no way to know what was in store for them before landing...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1957 Posted: 21:36:49 13/03/2020
With news of the shore already being visible, Angora became very uneasy. The Ishulgites were somewhere out there, likely making a mess out of everything. The biggest issue was the crazy people's desire to eradicate certain species, including Shade's, and despite their victory at the last island, she knew that for them it was probably just a setback. Not only that, there was still a matter of Shade's fate, not to mention the fact that she still hand't told Maverick about the issue she was currently facing. And judging by his behavior, Ilasi hasn't told him yet. While she wished he could just leave with Ilasi and have the happiness they deserved, she was starting to believe that perhaps he, being the kind hearted fool he was, was likely going to stay in Redwater to make sure Shade would be alright.

When Redwater became visible as a speck, both troll and hybrid were at the main deck, watching.
"Look at it Angorita. Continent at last. Not one that treated us very well, but they need help. Not sure about you, but I can't wait to arrive." Maverick stated despite knowing the Ishulgites were there, having enough of the sea. He knew it was quite ironic since his girlfriend was a being of the sea, but after a lifetime as a pirate, and then having to stand the ocean once again in this unplanned voyage, he wanted a very long time on dry land. He didn't know what awaited them, but much like Angora, he had faith in stopping the Ishulgites, though he was deathly afraid of the loss of lives they would have to endure yet again. It was a thought that both terrified and depressed him. He wanted dry land, but at the same time knew the nightmare wasn't over.

Angora didn't reply to him, and instead remained silent. While Maverick noticed, he decided not to ask her... yet, and let her think things through first. She had so much on her head. For one thing, the city could be in absolute chaos with the Ishulgites there. Shade's sentence was still pretty much official, and even her own future was uncertain. Even if she survived whatever battle awaited them, she would still have quite a severe issue on her hands...
---
#1958 Posted: 22:05:07 13/03/2020
Mischief stared at the mainland, quietly contemplating it. "We should rally the people behind their king, right? Assuming all goes well we should get enough support to rout whatever forces the Ishulgites have gathered." If she only knew the truth of the matter she wouldn't have felt so optimistic.
Darkheart wondered whether she should fly on ahead, scout out the situation. "I could theoretically get there in time to see the political situation... No doubt the Ishulgites are already gathering followers..." Unlike Mischief, she expected difficulty. But even she didn't realize how dire things had gotten.
Digi whirred quietly, nervous.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#1959 Posted: 22:48:48 13/03/2020
OOC: Edit-- same as Felines below. No worries! smilie

"Redwater-- we return.," Raclaw thought out loud as the city got closer and closer. "Dry land.," Chester barked in a quiet tone expressing his own simple desires. From here, they both knew that their new lives would become even more of a reality. Once this whole Ishulgite business was concluded with-- the two canine companions (pets technically) would no doubt be registered under Latnok proper. And Darkheart seemed equally set to follow, although her legal status was still yet to be determined. But they still had to take care of this last problem; Rigel and and army of both created and converted.

Risar watched as increased military presence only became more and more clear. He only hoped that things weren't *too* bad on the mainland.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:49:45 14/03/2020 by redwes
#1960 Posted: 00:04:29 14/03/2020
OOC: Forgot to say don't worry about it DD. Understandable. I see you're trying. Did a small comment here, though not necessary to reply to if you can't. See you later smilie

Feeling rather sad, Angora gave a brief hug to Maverick, who reciprocated.
"Everything will be fine Angorita. You'll see. We have survived so much already, and now we have Orion's blessing and support." Maverick assured, still not looking forward for what was suppose to be the final confrontation against the Ishulgites, but it was a necessary procedure.

Angora still didn't have the heart to tell him what was troubling her besides the Ishulgites, so she approached Mischief.
"Hey, ready to see what a continent is?" she asked, figuring her past life has been island alone. The troll looked behind her for a brief moment as she talked to the grown vixen, wondering where Julien was. She spent the remaining of the voyage bringing him food when he was too busy in his laboratory, unable to be of any more service besides that. The trio made good of their promise and whenever the infirmary had few people, two of them went to the laboratory while the other stayed there to watch over the wounded, though much like Julien himself, they were unable to find a cure to his particular parasite. For a moment Random thought he had found something, but the parasitic fiend prevailed over the once potential cure. Angora was informed of this, and the reminder depressed her even more.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:13 14/03/2020 by Felines
#1961 Posted: 01:21:48 14/03/2020
Many of the men on the ship would head out to the deck, looking out at the end of their journey. This was it. The arduous trip was finally over. There would be many tales to tell of the awful beasts they had come across - and prevailed over.
The excitement of seeing land soon died down. From then, it was just a matter of waiting. There were many armed soldiers at the docks - seemingly anticipating their arrival. Sere stood out to meet them.
Once they landed and deployed the gangplanks, several mermen immediately boarded the ship. Sere stood out at the front to speak with them - the men recognized this, and came to him.
"Greetings," one of them said. "Sere, I take it? Is that the king's dragon?" he asked, pointing to Shade.
"Yes, it is," Sere answered plainly. He was ready to hand Shade over - Shade seemed well-enough under control to be able to fulfill his sentence. There was obviously more going on, though. "What is the state of Aelinon right now? I have reason to believe that things are rather hectic right now."
"Good question." The mermen spent the next few minutes explaining to Sere exactly what had happened in the week or so before his arrival - the now dire straits the nation was in.
Sere had his own information to add. "During our trip to Falcon's Beak, we had been engaging with these Ishulgites - that is what they are called, for they worship the god Ishulgu. I have reason to believe that this god of theirs isn't particularly willing - but they undoubtedly have a plan for that. We came as soon as we could - most of the men here are ready to be dismissed, but some of us here are here to finish this fight we've started. In addition, I will be calling upon the Ardent Guardians for the moments that require it."
"We can certainly count on you to be an ally of the king in these times," a merman said, relieved. "He will be informed of your arrival."
"He will have to hold on. I have to distribute pay for those who are leaving," Sere explained.
"Expect him to come to you, in that case. We look forward to working with you." The three mermen offered a bow before leaving.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1962 Posted: 01:43:45 14/03/2020
Angora glared at the merman for a moment, not liking the way Shade was being referred as the king's dragon. She knew more than anyone how much Shade loved his freedom, and she was fearing that he was indeed being prepared to be an object of war, which would explain why he was spared in the first place. While she thought at the beginning that the voyage was to make Shade better, but she knew the truth with time. It was just to train him for the king. Maverick on the other hand had a very worried face when he heard the sentence. It was degrading to see how his dear friend was not just a prisoner, but property. While he wanted nothing more than to have a happy life with Ilasi and his friends, he knew there was still much work ahead of them, even long after the Ishulgites had been dealt with...

Near the Redwater port, Huntress was at a quiet bar, having some hot chocolate. She looked very tired. Not even her appearance was the same. Her hair looked more unkept, she had noticeable bags under her eyes, and her skin was paler. The whole issue with the Ishulgites was really getting to her, and it was harder each day to help people maintain the fate. Her expression somewhat changed when she overheard some merfolks talking about how the Enduring Legacy has finally returned. Even with all the buildings in the way, the ship was humongous enough to be seen even from far into the city.
"Maverick "Malo" Blakes..." she whispered, having known in a long time that the man from the wanted posters that were on months ago was in that ship...
---
#1963 Posted: 02:31:15 14/03/2020
Overhearing the conversation-- Raclaw knew that certain members onboard would not like it one bit, Shade and Angora in particular. Regardless of how much the Dragolet had or hadn't changed, the terms of his mercy hadn't changed and he would still be the legal property of the king. Rather he was to be as an weapon or just an example for other dragons/dangerous creatures not to follow; such decisions were no longer his to make. And there was nothing anyone onboard could do to change that fact. A prisoner is a prisoner is a prisoner. For better or worse.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#1964 Posted: 04:31:35 14/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade didn’t like that but kept calm. He didn’t like this city that has caused him so much pain and misfortune. “Captain? What will happen to Angora and Maverick? If I am to become the king’s dragon I want to say one last goodbye if I’m not able to see them again.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1965 Posted: 07:24:46 14/03/2020
Angora got very discouraged with what Shade said. They barely reached Redwater and he was already giving up.
"No Oscurito! Don't say that! We'll find a way to be with each other again." Maverick assured... although he knew he couldn't make his words a promise. He knew their words alone wouldn't be able to convince the monarch of a powerful nation... unless... yeah, that could be it. Perhaps if they did a great job stopping the Ishulgites and king Seraos knew about their connection to Orion, the very creator of their world, it would be enough to win Shade's freedom back. Angora was grateful that, despite his relationship with Ilasi, Maverick still wanted to do everything he could to his dear friends. It assured her that no matter the life he built with the mermaid, Maverick wouldn't stop caring about them.
---
#1966 Posted: 09:06:45 14/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade wanted to nuzzle Maverick. He took a few steps towards him but stopped unsure if the no contact rule still applied. He looked at Sere for permission.
---
SC
#1967 Posted: 18:38:25 14/03/2020
"Angora and Maverick will continue as they have been," Sere answered Shade. "Don't prolong the inevitable. You may speak to them for now. Once the king arrives, you will be relinquished - and will begin your servitude." Despite his efforts, Shade was still, at the end of the day, a criminal who killed hundreds - and that required some form of accountability.
Sere walked away, to make a quick announcement of the arrival at the shore and the distribution of pay. It was time for the men to collect what they had earned. With that, he went off to the treasure room, to begin giving each man his pay

Ilasi, a little further away, looked on as the others spoke. She couldn't hear what they had said, but it was clear that it involved Shade's situation - Maverick and Angora did not look happy. It was a sad event - and yet, how could it have been avoided? Shade would have had to have done something absolutely spectacular in order to avoid his sentence. When that many people die, someone has to pay the price. His only hope now was some sort of miracle in the battles to come.

Latnok sat down on the deck, in the company of his friends Raclaw and Chester. There would be battles to come, no doubt - at least they could put this whole sea tale behind them, however. He was growing sick of the sea despite having sea legs. On terra firma once again, he was ready for a fight - but before that, a moment of respite. They would have to make it count.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1968 Posted: 18:44:21 14/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade looked down and went to nuzzle Maverick and Angora. “Your kind Words always bring hope To me. I’m hoping the king will allow you to visit me. We’ve been through a lot together.”
---
SC
#1969 Posted: 19:21:45 14/03/2020
Angora found the issue unacceptable. After all Shade's been through? After what they have ALL been through. She was certain that Shade would be willing to help in the upcoming battle, but she doubted that no matter what he did, he would still have a sentence. While she admitted that what he did was bad, it was nothing compared to what Aelinon has done. And all after he finally found his family.
"It's not fair! It was an accident! You... killed people, but how many have THEY killed? They have killed so many to expand their territory, and let's not forget the torture their prisoner go through, some that may even have been innocent." Angora stated, believing she was simply one of the few lucky ones that made it out alive.
"Executing them is not enough for them. They have to be humiliated in the arena before being devoured by those behemoth things!" she then said indignantly, furious that Aelinon could get away scot free with their atrocities, while others got severely punished by little things in comparison. Crime or not, it was still a cruel death. While she was still determined to help them against the Ishulgites, she still hoped the crazy people did some severe damage on them before being stopped to teach them a lesson. It was wrong to think that way, but that was how angry she was.

Although Angora used a very low voice when venting, Maverick looked around to make sure nobody was listening. Expressing herself like that could clearly rub anyone the wrong way, especially the merfolks.
"Con calma mi Angorita. Por favor. I'm very sure this is not forever. Once Oscurito fulfills his sentence, I'm sure the king will give his freedom back. We will help him too. Besides, the king looks like a nice man. After all, he went through the trouble of finding out you were innocent and spared you, he spared Oscurito and I'm not a wanted man anymore." Maverick reminded, and as much as Angora hated to admit it, he was making sense. Still, it was the people that spared her, not him exactly. And while she still hated his politics, but Maverick was right. He could be a little reasonable from time to time with what little they have seen.
---
#1970 Posted: 19:34:33 14/03/2020
Quote:
Latnok sat down on the deck, in the company of his friends Raclaw and Chester. There would be battles to come, no doubt - at least they could put this whole sea tale behind them, however. He was growing sick of the sea despite having sea legs. On terra firma once again, he was ready for a fight - but before that, a moment of respite. They would have to make it count.

Raclaw and Chester laid down next to the beloved Guardian-- each taking advantage of the respite and placing themselves within petting distance. The voyage was over, but there was still a battle or several to be had. The Fur Dragon recalled where he was before all this and where he was now; they never did find his parents. But despite that fact, he found something else.. someone else. He found Latnok and had even gone as far as giving himself to the man whom he now called best friend. He found Chester, the adorable lovable energetic young dog and now Canine sibling under ownership. He even found Darkheart; he had never expected to find a mate and yet.. there she was. A mate of his own.

Risar stood nearby. Raclaw had found a family and although he himself would never go far as the dragon-turned-pet, perhaps he would one day at least get to see his brothers. He had chosen his own path, whereas Raclaw had chosen a fine line between freedom and happiness. Latnok offered both in equal amount and for that-- he was happy for the Fur Dragon. He looked at Shade/co and knew that the Dragolet's days seaside would soon be over now. Raclaw was (happily) Latnok's dragon now and Shade; the King's dragon.
---
#1971 Posted: 20:06:02 14/03/2020 | Topic Creator
“I know but sometimes things don’t always work the way we want. But one thing I can assure you is that I’m alive and you two are alive. Knowing that alone puts me at ease.” Shade said as he nuzzled Angora.

Icestorm came next to Raclaw. “Redwater. Where our journey began.”

Crystal soon came up next to Icestorm as well. “The shining knights will break through.”
---
SC
#1972 Posted: 20:11:12 14/03/2020
Men formed a line through the ship to the treasury. As the line dwindled, men could be seen leaving the ship with everything they had brought with them, and everything they had earned. What would they do from there, in the midst of the civil war? That remained to be seen.

About an hour later, the royal guard came into view, marching down the docks. Their presence inevitably meant the presence of King Seraos. Laszur - normally sleeping at the moment, but up for such an important event - found Sere in the treasury, alerting him to the approaching king. The pay distribution was put on hold - much to the annoyance of many of the sailors, though it was understandable why.
Those who were leaving the ship made way for the king and his entourage as they approached. Soon, the many boots hitting the gangplank made a rhythmic thumping, bringing Seraos on board along with the royal guard.
Sere was prepared to meet him. "Greetings, King Seraos," he said, offering a handshake - a rather casual greeting for the person it was offered to, but one which Seraos didn't protest.
"Greetings. Welcome back," King Seraos responded in kind, as he accepted the handshake. "I take it you know of current events, then?"
"Yes, I do - and those of us who remain fully intend to support you. In addition, I will be calling upon the Ardent Guardians to assist us in this matter.' Sere took a look at Shade - who was understandably down - before looking back at Seraos. "He has shown himself to be stable enough. You may take him."
"Not a moment too soon. This is excellent news," Seraos replied. "with him, we will be able to power one of the war machines we had initially built for use against the Silvianesti. This may very well tip the scales in the more important battles to come."
Laszur stood to the side - he had some key information to share with Seraos once the opportunity presented itself. There was much he had uncovered in his time and interactions with the Ishulgites that would explain many things...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1973 Posted: 20:20:52 14/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade saw the king and brought Angora and Maverick closer in a gentle hug. “I love you guys.”
---
SC
#1974 Posted: 20:22:47 14/03/2020
"So that's the plan for Shade-- to use him to power a weapon.," Raclaw thought audible to both him and Latnok.
---
#1975 Posted: 21:35:44 14/03/2020
Camouflaging herself with both soldiers and citizens at the port contemplating the mighty ship, Huntress was watching. Maverick was somewhere out there, but so was the Scourge of Redwater. And also the irritating leader of the Guardians. That was quite the package. She watched some of the soldiers with the loot they obtained from the voyage, and regretted not being part of the crew. Despite already having a fortune, she always welcomed more.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade saw the king and brought Angora and Maverick closer in a gentle hug. “I love you guys.”

Before the King arrived, Angora promised Shade she would find a way for him to have his freedom again and be with his family. After he pulled them into a hug, she avoided crying, finding it unacceptable that the king still wanted to use Shade as a battery for one of his disgusting war machines. Maverick could sense the tension as if it was cutting away his skin, and fearing Angora could retialate, he interrupted the hug briefly to speak with the king.
"Your majesty, por favor. Using Osc... Shade as a weapon is too far. If you want him to help, can you at least mount him or something? Angorita and I have mounted him before. He can use his powers well." Maverick pleaded after a small bow, finding it too morbid that Shade would be used to power up who knows what horrible artifact.
---
#1976 Posted: 22:14:50 14/03/2020
Mischief had been initially excited at seeing Aelinon. But the news of the situation left her briefly stunned. She asked nobody in particular "How could they abandon their king so easily? Are they truly so lacking in loyalty, that they'd abandon a leader for some stranger who walked in preaching with some fancy magickal stick?!" A rage at such disloyalty threatened to overwhelm her. Eclipse was tempted to encourage it, feed this rage with her own... But something stopped the ancient kitsune. Humans, sadly, are often a fickle race, following whatever leader suits them... But that's only based on my personal knowledge. Make your own judgement, cub. I have. GUILTY. Eclipse got chills at the mental tone. Mischief had shifted from optimistic mercy to a vengeful rage... Utterly out of character for the young vixen...
Darkheart glanced at Mischief. "Calm yourself, little fox... The Ishulgites will fall, like all our foes."
Mischief nodded, her normally soft blue eyes burning with rage. "Our fury will bring them down. Their god won't save them from THIS judgement day." Her tone was a cold fury.
---
#1977 Posted: 23:54:52 14/03/2020
Sere gave a resigned shrug. "What the king chooses to do with Shade at this point is out of my hands. If he feels using Shade as a battery will make his power easier for him to manage, then so be it. Whatever the battle is, I will likely be working in concert with the rest of the Ardent Guardians."
Laszur seized the opportunity to speak with Seraos. "Greetings, King Seraos," he said deferentially with a bow. "I have uncovered much during our voyage... and I have reason to believe that the current state of events is something that had been in planning for a while, and was instigated by our current foes."
Seraos raised an eyebrow. "We had a suspicion of that sort... though it remained just that, a suspicion. What have you found?"
Laszur produced a notepad he had used at night to account for happenings during the day. "First - the smallpox. The orcs we pulled it from would have had to be collaborating with someone - there was no way they would have managed to acquire, preserve, and weaponize a viable strain on their own. The Ishulgites have shown the ability to maintain and alter organisms and other biological matter. This so happens to coincide with the healing of smallpox conducted by some miracle workers as the disease spread. These healers preached about this god of theirs as they conducted their work.
"Next - the attack on the duke at the arena. We suspected elves were behind this, due to the startlingly similar nature of their magic - but upon reaching the Void Locator, we found a magical signature I believe matches even more closely. Ancient drow magic. The Ishulgite leader, Apothis, is a drow.
"Thirdly - reports of mysterious creatures attacking troops out on the field. After some encounters, I have determined that these descriptions match the creatures known as ishiuds - a strain known as the soldier, in particular. Capable of flight, and resilient, adaptable armor."
Laszur paused as Seraos nodded, giving him the opportunity to process what he had been told. "Overall, I think it is likely that the enemy manipulated circumstances to create a war, then used the ill effects of that war on all populaces involved to draw in more followers. This last effort of theirs would be a culmination of all of those actions."
"I see..." the king replied. There was nothing else for him to add to the matter - knowing what had happened wouldn't fix the situation. However, it did give him the confidence to act, knowing he was indeed defending his people from manipulation.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1978 Posted: 01:01:46 15/03/2020
Angora embraced Shade's neck, not wanting to say goodbye. Much like Maverick, she never told him what Veris wanted... but she was afraid she won't be able to tell him.
"Listen Shady, we will find a way. After this war is over, I will speak with the king. But in the meantime, get him to know you better. Like Maverick said, he... ain't half bad." Angora stated, unable to say he was good in general after all they have been through.
"She's right Oscurito. We'll see each other again. And you'll see your family too. For now, so with the king, and... buena suerte." Maverick said, knowing too well that no matter what they said or did right now, the king wanted Shade. He wanted to hope for the best though. He wanted to believe that once the king felt that Shade has relayed his debt with society for what he did, he was going to set him free. After all, Aelinon was already a powerful society. Shade would only provide very little strength compared to what they already have, and if Shade followed Angora's advice, perhaps the king could indeed sympathize with Shade and finally convince himself that what he did was truly an accident.
---
#1979 Posted: 01:32:16 15/03/2020 | Topic Creator
“I will see you again.” Shade said as he started to tear up. He gently pressed his cheek against Angora and Maverick. He then gently put them down. He looked at Sere. “Can they walk me to the king?” Shade respectfully said.
---
SC
#1980 Posted: 02:09:56 15/03/2020
"Be careful Raclaw-- you and Shade are still connected.," Damon 'spoke' warning both Raclaw and Latnok. "Don't worry.. I'll be careful.," Raclaw reassured knowing the possibilities.
---
#1981 Posted: 02:40:19 15/03/2020
"You are already in the presence of the king," Sere answered. "His men will be escorting you when you leave."
'Well, Sere," Seraos called, to get the latter's attention, "the biggest matter of concern right now is... the coronation ceremony."
"Coronation ceremony? Rigel looking to legitimize his position, I take it," Sere inferred.
"Precisely. The ceremony is backed by a special team known as the Coronation Overseers," Seraos explained. "Fulfilling such a ceremony with their backing would likely sway enough of those on the fence to take Rigel's side. Now, of course, the Overseers could, theoretically, back me instead - but they have always had their doubts about me. From what I know, the head overseers are all eager to support this new leader."
"So the idea is to try to persuade them to back you?" Sere asked. "Or perhaps... something else?"
"There is no chance I could get them to back me," Seraos said. "But the coronation ceremony, by necessity, is held in the open. If Rigel were to fall there, there would be no doubt in my position - I would own the throne by default. There will undoubtedly be hordes and hordes of defenders, and there would likely be countermeasures - such as minefields - in place against marching an army in... any attempt to force our way through from the outside would be largely ineffective. Now, if there were some way for us to get enough loyalists close to Rigel..."
"King Seraos," Laszur interjected, "I may have an idea. It would require some information and a stealth operation of our most skilled personnel in the matter of infiltration..."

Latnok shuddered at the mention of Raclaw's connection - that was something that never did truly go away. Perhaps with enough distance, though, it would become irrelevant. "Perhaps we can find a way to deal with that once the time comes," he assured Raclaw. "Let's see what's in store for us for now, at the very least."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1982 Posted: 02:59:15 15/03/2020
Angora and Maverick hugged, with the former shaking her head to her hairy friend to avoid making him tear up. She didn't want him to make a pitiful scene. Whatever crying he needed to do, he could do it in private like she always did. Maverick knew how Angora felt about him crying in public, so he held it until a better moment for her sake. Angora wanted to cry so badly as well, but decided not to. She doubted the king would take pity in their tears anyway.

It was time to say goodbye, but it wasn't going to be forever. Angora wanted to remain as positive as Maverick usually was. Things looked dire in every corner, but she wanted to believe everything would turn out ok in the end, and that this was just a harsh trial. Even with the tender goodbye, Angora paid attention to the conversation between the king and Sere. There it was again. That name. Rigel. She wondered if he was the one who called himself Shepherd whenever she was being contacted through the orb. It was going to be quite the firery meeting if he turned out to be the same person. Shepherd was very kind to her when they met face to face, but for some reason, she couldn't recall what was the reason why she rejected his offer. It had to be something pretty bad. She found out about the Ishulgites plan much later after that meeting, or didn't she? When Maverick was kidnapped, he couldn't remember what happened to him either. Could it be?
---
#1983 Posted: 03:58:28 15/03/2020
"So, if this is like the traditional ceremonies," Laszur continued, "the men in the procession will be robed. Now, perhaps if we could 'encourage' at least one of the Overseers to bring in loyalists instead of the planned processionists, we could get lose enough to strike at Rigel. Such an operation would be undoubtedly dangerous - but it is Aelinon that is at stake here."
"Hmm..." the king paused to ponder Laszur's suggestion. "How do you plan on this encouragement? Blackmail?"
"'Blackmail' is a little light for the sort of operation we need," Laszur countered. "We will likely need a hostage - perhaps one of the Overseers themselves, as well as potentially their wife? A rather serious crime - but again, there is much at stake. The main issue is, of course, they would be dwelling in enemy territory - we know they will be living close to the procession grounds, but little more than that. We would either need access to a very recent copy of the roster, or we would need to do some searching around and hope we can get lucky. Of course, I can attempt such a thing, but I wouldn't be able to blend in like a human would - I would need to keep up invisibility the entire time."
"Well, if we can find a way to accomplish all of this," Sere added, "then my Guardians will be able to fit into the procession. A little bit of makeup, and perhaps a wig, and they would fit right in with other hooded humans."
"That sounds like a plan," Seraos concluded. "I have some other preparations to attend to in Redwater; perhaps seeing the Scourge execute some dissidents, and seeing our control over the beast, will put our people in a much better mood - and that is certainly something we could use right now. I will have the men escort him to the arena, and fit him into the schedule where they can for now. Perhaps we could reconvene at the city hall by the evening."
Sere nodded. "That sounds like it'll give us all plenty of time to sort out more details. I'll finish up with the men here awaiting their pay, and then I'll take Veris over for a flight to the nearest meeting place for the Ardent Guardians. I'll see you all later." With that, Sere and the king separated, each to head their own way. The king's men urged Shade along, being in possession of the control device Sere had designed for his collar.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1984 Posted: 05:21:24 15/03/2020
Angora rolled her eyes with what they were talking about. Kidnapping. Blackmail. Crimes that would certainly put someone in prison if it had been someone else. Knowing they had no business listening to that, and unable to stand the hypocrisy, she decided that it was now or never. She had to tell Maverick the truth.
"Um, Maverick? Can we... talk? There's something important I need to tell you." Angora said, deciding it was time to be honest with his dear friend. It was clear that Ilasi didn't tell him, otherwise Maverick would've asked her about it already. They each left, giving one last hug to Shade, and smiling at him so that their smiles could be the last thing he would remember about them if they weren't" going to see each other in a while.

Maverick went to his old cabin, having forgotten about the sabotaged door. He would have to ask Sere later if they found the culprit. For now, he listened carefully with what the concerned Angora had to say. She told him everything. From how her powers grew to the point of understanding Veris to the wyvern wanting to leave with her. His reaction was not exactly what Angora was expecting.
"You can understand Veris? Without Raclaw's help? That's... that's increíble Angorita! Wow! You can understand animals now?" he asked, quite impressed.
"Well not animals per se. I can't even understand Dahlia yet." Angora explained, not wanting any misunderstandings.
"Well, still amazing. And Veris wants to live with you now? Aww, that's... actually kind of adorable. He loves you so much." Maverick commented, but Angora just groaned.
"Maverick don't be an idiot. Aren't you seeing the best picture here? He wants me to come live with him... forever! Don't you see? He got too used to my caring. You should've seen how angry he was when I told him it was only temporary. I thought he knew it was only for the voyage, but he wants to make it permanent!" Angora explained, wondering if Maverick was being a naive idiot or just too innocent to understand.

Maverick had to make a rather long pause to process everything. He could understand now what Angora meant.
"Well, whew, don't know what to say to you Angorita. I mean, it is kinda adorable you know, and impressive, but I guess I know what you mean. Have you tried to tell Veris why it's such a bad idea? I mean, you'll have to live with the Guardians to be with him, and I know you don't like them... and vice versa for sure. Taking care of Veris is not easy. And... wait, it's a Guardian base. Don't they have, like, many wyverns there?" Maverick pondered, with Angora face palming. She didn't even considered that possibility.
"Well unless Sere is the only one with a wyvern, it's very possible. Still, it's indeed tiring, but I have tried everything. And come on, he is a dragon. If living with Shady taught you something, it's that they are horribly stubborn." Angora reminded, with Maverick nodding and rolling his eyes, though thankfully, Shade has grown out of it. Seems Veris was another case though. Quite the uncomfortable predicament for poor Angora. Perhaps if he talked to Sere?
---
#1985 Posted: 05:26:07 15/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Shade winced in pain from the device. “Angora, Maverick I love you!” He said before being forced to comply. On his journey the control device was only used once or twice during his training only because he wasn’t listening or disobeying. However this time he had did nothing wrong and was saddened and confused. He came along willingly.
---
SC
#1986 Posted: 06:19:35 15/03/2020
Maverick didn't know what else he could do but to talk to Sere about the matter.
"Does Sere know about this?" was all he could ask.
"Yes. Can you believe Veris actually told him by using Raclaw as a translator?" Angora explained, now making Maverick very curious on how Sere took the news.
"Oh man Angorita. So many things happening! The Ishulgites attacking, Oscurito will be leaving us a while, and now... this. I wonder what señor Sere will do." he asked, with Angora explaining to him he still had to think things over.
"Well, not sure it's going to take him long. I mean, Guardian headquarters?" Maverick analyzed.
"I know Sere doesn't want me, but he doesn't want to make his mount unhappy either. We have already been told many times Veris is a very special breed of wyvern. And after seeing how different he is from the Aelinon wyverns, I believe it. I just wish the dummy hasn't grown that attached to me." Angora complained, still unable to believe her weird luck. Maverick chuckled a bit.
"Well, can you blame him? You truly are a great friend Angorita. But no te preocupes. Just like with Oscurito, I'm certain this has a solution. We just need to find it... and we will. You'll see." Maverick assured, showing once again that cute yet annoying optimism that distinguished him so much. This was the Maverick Angora loved so much.
---
#1987 Posted: 19:49:54 15/03/2020
Mischief shivered at the discussion, before timidly piping up. "King Seraos? Captain Sere? If I may make a suggestion... My species is actually perfect for infiltration thanks to our natural talents... My illusion could easily let me help in such an endeavor, assuming I've knowledge of my intended disguise. If I may..." She demonstrated her illusion, taking on a form that looked perfectly human. A moment later she mimicked Sere, then the King himself, likely startling both. Dropping the illusion, she added "I also have personal reasons to want to help... And the Ishulgites must be stopped as soon as possible." She didn't know why Sere hadn't considered her an option in this discussion. "If you have any reason why I can't, say so... Otherwise, I intend to help."
---
#1988 Posted: 20:08:00 15/03/2020
Assured that everything will be alright somehow, Angora and Maverick proceeded to walk to the main deck, wishing to see Shade, but chances were he was leaving already. They were sure they were going to see him again very soon, especially Maverick, though Angora still hated how the king planned to use him as a weapon. Perhaps if he caused more destruction than helping because of his infernal machine, he would learn a lesson, though worse case scenario, he would blame Shade for it. There was nothing she could do right now, and could only hope for the best. They had the Ishulgites to take care of first of all.

With much thinking about the future, Angora remembered something important as they took a detour to Dahlia's enclosure to get her.
"Hey Maverick... about Mischief, I told her to go along with you and Ilasi if she doesn't have any plans of her own. I think from everyone present, she'll be better off with you two. She doesn't like the Guardians much either, so I doubt she will go with them. Unless she has plans of her own already, it's better that way." Angora remembered, know Mischief will be in good hands with them.
"Por supuesto Angorita. No hay problema. We'll be glad to take her, and support her whatever she decides." Maverick said, believing Ilasi wouldn't have any objections. Everything was new for Mischief, especially if she lived on an island for so long. Of course, taking Mischief meant taking her weird little bird friend as well, though the animal never actually bothered anybody, and was mostly ignored when it was roaming around the ship.
---
#1989 Posted: 20:29:41 15/03/2020
The two leaders watched carefully as Mischief imitated their appearances, seemingly without much effort. Though Sere didn't seem particularly jarred, Seraos smiled in pleasure at the display. "Admittedly, such a skill could be useful..." Seraos said in consideration. "You would, of course, still need a guide, and the information as to the whereabouts of the Overseers. You would make a fine addition to such a team, however - provided, of course, your Captain here deems you trustworthy enough."
"I believe she matches that particular criterion," Sere assured the king. "Once you - or we - find some other suitable members, we can begin."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1990 Posted: 21:08:40 15/03/2020
After Maverick took Dahlia out of her enclosure, Angora felt much relief. She has been keeping so many things from him that finally being honest with him was like taking an elephant off her back.
"Hola mi niña. We're here. Here at last. No more sea Dahlia..." Maverick said, deciding to leave it at that, though with Dahlia's instincts, she probably knew by now that the continent wasn't in it's best state by now, not to mention that everyone with their wyverns wasn't going to help matters at all. Angora pouted, rather irritated that she couldn't understand Dahlia yet. Perhaps because she wasn't as advanced as a wyvern in terms of species? Or perhaps Veris was a special case due to his breeding? As risky as it was, she was so curious she wanted to try her luck with one of the wyverns on board if they haven't left already. It was better to do it in public for in case something went wrong.

As they arrived to the main deck, Maverick was cautious in case some wyverns, or Veris himself was still on board. While he was certain Dahlia would want to aid him in the upcoming battle, he believed it was better if she just stayed in a pen where she was safe. With the money Sere was going to pay him, Maverick was certain he could afford whatever rent he had to pay for the place. The important thing was to keep her safe. He knew that with their divine title now, he, Angora and Ilasi would have to contribute in stopping the Ishulgites despite the danger. He would just have to make sure his girls were as safe as he could protect them.
---
#1991 Posted: 21:40:14 15/03/2020
Mischief nodded and bowed. "Thank you. I'm glad to be considered trustworthy, and valuable." She flashed back to her initial arrival aboard the Enduring Legacy. Absolutely everyone compared her to some fellow who wiped out half the crew. Now she was being judged for her own actions... And had earned Sere's trust. It felt good. Like she was doing what was right.

Darkheart meanwhile quietly watched the ocean. "How long were we away? How long will this war continue? Why has it gone on so long? Isn't there enough pain in the world already?" she asked nobody in particular. No doubt if she was answered, the answer wouldn't exactly be satisfactory.
---
#1992 Posted: 23:44:55 15/03/2020
With the rest of the meeting wrapping up, Seraos would return to the city hall, much deeper in the city - the temporary base of operations for his government-in-exile. Sere went back inside the ship - to distribute the rest of the mens' earned pay to them. As he headed back, Ilasi wondered whether it would be impolite to ask for what she had earned up until now - at least considering that she was still in this struggle for a while longer. Leoquin, though he had no such compunctions, did not wish to wait in line - he was going to be around anyway, so decided he would wait until everyone else was done.
Laszur, in the meanwhile, headed back into the cabins - he was up well past he would normally be up. He needed at least a little nap before he continued.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1993 Posted: 00:06:52 16/03/2020 | Topic Creator
As Shade was being escorted he looked back at the Ship. On his journey he had grown found of it. It was like his second home even though some didn’t like him. He continued to calmly walk and follow as directed.
---
SC
#1994 Posted: 00:17:20 16/03/2020
Maverick and Angora headed to the main deck with Dahlia. Shade and the wyverns that came with the merfolks were already gone. Dahlia wasn't very afraid of Raclaw, but Darkheart was another story, so she had to remain in a corner far away from her.
"So... I think it's better that we wait until the battle is over to get paid, huh? We could statch it away in my bag, but... it just doesn't feel right to ask for payment at a time like this, at least if we are getting involved with the Ishulgites." Maverick analyzed, believing it was better to wait. Maverick still had money from previous sells, and Angora still had the money she won from the arena battle, so they should be good for a while.

After seeing Ilasi looking distressed, Angora volunteered to watch over Dahlia in the meantime with nothing else to do now that the wyverns were gone, while Maverick went and talked with Ilasi.
"Hola mi amor. Something troubling you? I know it's not the best of times, but I'm kinda glad to be back here." Maverick assured, wanting her to be happy, at least as much as it could be possible with circumstances like this.
---
#1995 Posted: 01:33:31 16/03/2020
Ilasi groaned in despair, contemplating everything that was happening to her beloved home. "Oh, Maverick, I'm sorry... Just... to think of what's happening now..." she strained to say. "...pardon me. Don't mind me. I can't afford to be like that now. The history of this place - our nation has been through much conflict before, but it has always endured. We have been given the power to set things right once again. We have to."
Ilasi looked out at the waves - and the clouds. That reminded her of something particularly important. "If the Scepter was created by merfolk, then there may be a way for us to sap its power, at least temporarily," she proposed. "Rigel will no doubt use such a powerful artifact to secure his victory in the fight to come. Perhaps an enchantment of some kind..." Now she only had to find someone who would know such an enchantment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1996 Posted: 02:27:02 16/03/2020
Maverick thought about it, and it wasn't a bad idea. If the issue was really because of that scepter, stripping it of it's power will make the people stop believing in the false king.
"That's actually a great idea Ilasi. You should try talking to señor Sere about the matter. No more scepter, it will hopefully mean no more followers." Maverick stated, figuring with what he could hear from the conversation between Sere and the king earlier, this legendary scepter was what had the people so divided.

As Angora took care of Dahlia, she looked at the city she hated so much. Plenty of misery she faced here, although she wondered if the people remembered her or if she was just a forgotten story. A small troll being pardoned by the people after battling in the arena sounded like a big deal, though she wasn't so sure. She wondered how her behemoth 'friend' and former opponent was doing, but she wasn't so enthusiastic about meeting him again. As for Veris, she was waiting for Sere to call her and tell her what he has decided about what he told him... though chances were he was going to be too busy and stressed with the battle ahead to decide what to do about what was probably a trivial matter to him at the moment. All she cared about however was for Maverick and Shade to have a happy life, and save as many innocents as she could. Hopefully, she would be further recognized by the people and have a better treatment despite her species.
---
#1997 Posted: 02:56:11 16/03/2020
Raclaw and the others watched as men soon collected-- and departed with their pay. They were no doubt glad to be back on dry land again, although life wouldn't return for normal for some time with now very much public conflicts going on. Part of Raclaw wondered if and how any of them would remember him as they studded off the ship pockets clinging with gold; he had initially stepped onto the Enduring Legacy as a free dragon and one who had a simple desire. To find his parents. And now, he would step 'off' an owned dragon and and a dragon with a new family. Of course, they still had to resolve this whole Ishulgite conflict and there was the question of what would become of Darkheart's status. She at least seemed open to the idea of ownership.

At the end of the day, would any of their former shipmates remember him as anything more than Latnok's dog and part time dragon mount? By now-- the crew had gained several chances to find out about his soon-to-be very much legal ownership. He didn't care too much rather or not they saw him as a pet, although he at least hoped that he was remembered for being more than just a living tool/weapon to use. Shade; Shade was (for better or worse) a living weapon now and was under very much *different* circumstances than he was. He had done subtle things to differente him from the other collared dragon formerly onboard. He had kept his buckle visible despite almost never removing the collar for instance, but.. was that enough? Had he done enough?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:59:34 16/03/2020 by redwes
#1998 Posted: 21:12:08 16/03/2020
Mischief quietly awaited orders, browsing her spellbook. So many things to do. It was time to finish off the Ishulgites and their cruel leadership.

Darkheart tried to stay close to Raclaw, unsure what to do with herself.
---
#1999 Posted: 17:05:02 17/03/2020
Angora continued taking care of Dahlia, not caring how much time Maverick spent with Ilasi. While she knew Maverick would want her to go along and that the mermaid was being much kinder to her, she just didn't feel it was the correct thing to go along with them. If Mischief went with them, it was going to be enough for them most likely. Dahlia on the other hand, was worried about other things. She looked at Redwater for a moment, feeling very tense when she remembered what city this was. And it felt... worse for a reason. Most of her focus however, was on Darkheart, something Angora noticed.
"Hey. Hey! Don't you worry about a thing Dahlia. She won't do anything to you. Not all dragons are bad you know. You should try getting use to them... or at least, heh, some of them. Look at me. I should have even more reason to fear them, yet I am friends with them, even the gluttonous Veris." Angora stated, a bit frustrated that her powers weren't still good enough to understand someone like Dahlia, but she knew the dirt buffalo could understand some words given some of her interactions with Maverick. Dahlia knew what Angora was talking about, something she didn't agree on. Angora was so small, so puny. It wasn't a good idea for someone like her to befriend dragons of all creatures. It still confused her how could she still be alive.
---
#2000 Posted: 21:21:22 18/03/2020
Raclaw smiled as Darkheart remained close to him-- it mattered not what others thought of him. He knew what he was, his closest friends/allies knew what he was, and he had a best friend/owner eager to show and tell people that he was more than just a pet. He was a pet, yes, and that fact was all but set in stone at this point. But he was also more; he was a *willing* pet and he was a friend.. first and foremost. And those who mattered the most would see that.
---
First | Previous | Page 40 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me