Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1401 Posted: 00:39:43 19/01/2020
Maverick thought hard, but he couldn't ponder very well in those conditions.
"Many places I have been in. Many nice. We need to choose carefully." he assured, thinking of maybe a moist, rich terrain where nature was untouched and the people would be nice. And perhaps a place where the government wasn't so harsh, and the lower the crime rate, the better. Many places had so much potential, but finding the perfect one for them was a delicate decision they would need some time to think about...

Quote: A Guy
Julain gave Angora a brief look from his workbench before returning to his experiments. "There isn't much I need right now," he said as he worked. "Although, I've been thinking of maybe exchanging knowledge with Ilasi. If you could summon her for me, I would greatly appreciate that - I'm currently locked into observing this experiment until it resolves." The experiment he was observing seemed to involve a vial with biological material of some kind on a burner set low, which he adjusted as needed.

Angora was quite disappointed that Julien needed Ilasi and not her. Nevertheless, she did what he asked.
"Ok sir. I'll go get her right away." Angora said, leaving the lab. Ilasi wasn't in her work station last time she checked, so she had to be either in her cabin, the kitchen, or maybe somewhere else? She doubted Ilasi frequented many places. Returning to the main deck, she still wasn't in the station, so her cabin was the next best place to go.

Angora needed to ask around before finally encountering the cabin. She hasn't gone there too much, so she had forgotten where it was. After finally reaching the place, she gently knocked on the door, carefully this time to avoid opening it like the last one.
"Ilasi? Are you there? Someone needs your help." Angora gently called, knowing Ilasi would receive her well, but also aware that the mermaid wasn't very fond of her even if she treated her with kindness.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1402 Posted: 01:05:24 19/01/2020
Ilasi briefly shook, startled by the sudden attention, though the scare was mitigated by the knocking being relatively soft. "Just one moment, dear," she quietly whispered, as she stood up to get to the door.
Unlocking it, she opened the door slightly, just enough to allow her head to peek out and see who was there. "Oh, Angora. Hello there. Who needs me?" she asked politely, maintaining her position. She couldn't be too upset, but she was nevertheless slightly annoyed at the interruption - though, of course, she didn't blame Angora for it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1403 Posted: 01:09:18 19/01/2020
Quote:
Ilasi wasn't the only one who was thinking of settling at the moment. "When we're done with all of this, we'll still hav eto sort out arrangements between myself and the rest of the Ardent Guardians, keeping the three of you guys in mind as well," Latnok thoght out loud. "Doesn't quite seem to be something that we currently have any standards on, at least not as far as I recall. Most likely option I'm thinking is that I find a nice place to move out to allow us to establish ourselves somewhere... and then work things out from there."

"Agreed.," both Raclaw and Chester said in unison, each in their respective-but-understandable languages. "I don't know what I would've done without you.," the smaller companion then said laying his head down on top of Latnok's leg. "Nor I-- I don't regret meeting you or even giving my collar. Not in the slightest.," the larger companion added with a gentle smile. The Fur Dragon's feelings were feelings of pure joy and bliss.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1404 Posted: 01:35:56 19/01/2020
Ilasi briefly shook, startled by the sudden attention, though the scare was mitigated by the knocking being relatively soft. "Just one moment, dear," she quietly whispered, as she stood up to get to the door.
Unlocking it, she opened the door slightly, just enough to allow her head to peek out and see who was there. "Oh, Angora. Hello there. Who needs me?" she asked politely, maintaining her position. She couldn't be too upset, but she was nevertheless slightly annoyed at the interruption - though, of course, she didn't blame Angora for it.

Before Angora could say something, Maverick immediately came to her to give her a hug.
"Angorita! Hola hola! How have you been? Veris... big eater, right? Saw you with him earlier. We were just talking about the future!" Maverick said ecstatic, almost falling when approaching the small troll. Angora didn't know what was wrong, but he was acting... sillier than ever. She didn't think it was nothing to worry about, and regardless of his behavior, it was always nice to see Maverick, even though the future comment was in bad taste given the situation she was facing with hers. He didn't know of course, so she smiled for his sake.
"Hey Maverick. Hola. Always nice to see you." she greeted back, before addressing to Ilasi again.
"Jul... Banewood. He wants to see you now. You know where his cabin is, right?" Angora asked, giving Ilasi some small directions just in case she didn't know. She wasn't sure if Ilasi was made aware of Banewood's real name, so she called him that way so she would know.
---
#1405 Posted: 01:52:46 19/01/2020
Ilasi gave a verbal shrug, before lookig back at Maverick and giving him a quick hug. "Please take it easy, dear," she asked softly. "Hopefully I won't be gone too long." She left in a hurry. Did Banewood want more things involving the orb? Or was it perhaps something different now? That device was rather questionably obscure - though Ilasi managed to do the requested work on it, she didn't feel comfortable doing so, though she wouldn't decline such a request again.

"When I joined the Ardent Guardians, having you two around was the last thing I was counting on," Latnok said as his petting continued. "I never did have any pets growing up. Always just myself, doing what I could to get by... never thought I'd get this far, to be honest. Never even thought I'd live this long." In contrast, the future was a serious consideration nowadays. All of his decisions in that regard would have to account for his close friends.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1406 Posted: 02:21:16 19/01/2020
Maverick gave her a kiss, and waved her goodbye. With Ilasi gone, Angora could be alone with Maverick, something that was quite rare lately.
"You seem... awfully happy today. Looks like Ilasi's been taking good care of you..." Angora said, although still certain something about him wasn't normal when he kinda wobbled when he sat on Ilasi's bed again.
"Of course. Who wouldn't be? We survived yesterday's battle. El capitán is a great leader, and he will lead us to victory against those people. Estoy seguro. And afterwards, we will finally be able to think about the future. Oscurito has been behaving marvelously lately, and with el capitán's help, I just know he will be forgiven in Redwater. We will settle some place quiet. We will still travel of course Angorita. Sell stuff. Have some adventures, mild ones hopefully. We will fly on Oscurito's back like before, with Ilasi as our new member of the family, and maybe even Mischief if she wants to come." Maverick assured, Angora hating to see him so enthusiastic about something that will likely never happen. She was glad that Maverick still wanted her in his life, but he was hoping for too much. Shade's sentence was still uncertain, not to mention her own future. She wanted nothing more than to have Shade and Maverick with her just like before the tragedy, and was willing to accept Ilasi and Mischief in their lives, but it was all too good to be true, especially under the circumstances they were all in.

Angora had wanted to take this time to tell Maverick about the Veris situation. He wasn't the wisest man, but he gave good advice to her in the past. But how could she tell him when he looked so happy about the possible future?
"Listen, things are still too uncertain Maverick. What Shade did was no minor offense. And you have Ilasi now. We couldn't impose on your relationship." Angora assured, not wanting to say Ilasi didn't like her very much to avoid giving a bad view of his girlfriend.

Maverick made a brief pause, suspecting this worry has lingered on his Angorita's mind for a while.
"Tonterias! Ilasi will love you even more than she does once she gets to live with you guys. I know things look quite glum now, especially with Oscurito. I do. But they have been worse, and we have always prevailed. We have always find happiness. And maybe one of these days, it will be permanent." Maverick assured, with Angora lowering her ears. Maverick had such innocence. Such childish enthusiasm. How could she ruin that for him? But he had to know the truth eventually...
---
#1407 Posted: 02:49:55 19/01/2020
Quote:
"When I joined the Ardent Guardians, having you two around was the last thing I was counting on," Latnok said as his petting continued. "I never did have any pets growing up. Always just myself, doing what I could to get by... never thought I'd get this far, to be honest. Never even thought I'd live this long." In contrast, the future was a serious consideration nowadays. All of his decisions in that regard would have to account for his close friends.

"You know-- when Julian released me, I genuinely tried to be a wild dragon. I tried and I failed, but the whole time... I kept my collar. I kept it knowing that one day, I may choose to return to my previous life and to belong to another. Damon, unknowingly at the time, kept me in track and now you have taken that role. I still have Damon albeit in a lessoned role, but now I also have a loyal friend and the best owner that one in my position could wish for. I didn't know what my future held for me, but I know that whatever the future has in store for me, I won't be alone and that we'll face it.. together. And I even found Darkheart.," Raclaw responded not forgetting about the black dragoness who had wholeheartingly accepted him. To be loved-- not just be an owner, not just by a loyal canine sibling --it was truly a miracle. He indeed considered himself very very fortunate.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:25 19/01/2020 by redwes
#1408 Posted: 03:58:26 19/01/2020
Ilasi arrived at Julian's room, knocking softly to announce her presence. Julian was expecting her, and quickly opened the door.
"Welcome, Ilasi," he greeted, motioning her to come in.
"Good morning, Mr. Banewood -"
"Julian. You may know me as Julian," the Guardian insisted. "Good morning. I called for you because I believe you are an apothecary?"
"Apothecary? That's a bit... fancy for me, don't you think?" Ilasi asked, a bit uncomfortable with such a distinction. "I... I work with medicines, yes."
"Regardless of what you want to call it, you have knowledge that may be of use to me - and likewise, I also have knowledge you may wish to share. Now, this is a bit of short notice, so I will try not to keep you here too long today - but I'm primarily looking for medicines or ingredients you have come across which have some of the following properties."
Julian noted several properties afterwards - most notably inhibiting the growth of plant matter, facilitating healing in animal cells, and breaking down plant matter into more base components to allow animal cells to assimilate them.
"Hold on one moment, Mr. Julian..." Ilasi said, as she withdrew a small notebook from a pouch she had. She figured that she might know a few things which had some of those properties, but she would have to review.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1409 Posted: 06:34:39 19/01/2020
As Angora and Maverick remained silent for a while, it was the latter who decided to break it next.
"Mis disculpas for neglecting you Angorita. I realize I haven't been there for you when it counted the most... but not anymore. I will pay more attention. And if you need help, don't hesitate to come look for me, even if I am with Ilasi. She is very kind. She will understand." Maverick assured, with Angora knowing he failed to realize how much the mermaid disliked when she interrupted their moments together. He would take on his offer though, but only when Maverick was alone or when he made the first step. The faun man knew of the tremendous trouble she had with Sere the day before yesterday, and he couldn't help blaming himself for such occurrence.

The two talked casually about other things, catching up on a few stuff. Maverick asked about Angora's contribution to yesterday's battle, but once again, she asked him not to speak of the subject, at least not for a while, and Maverick didn't press her any further, although he was still very curious about what happened. Since they continued talking, Maverick decided to spend the time playing a board game, though each time Angora won, his concentration being off due to the medicine Ilasi gave him earlier. Angora thought he was letting her win out of kindness.
"So then Angorita, how is Veris doing? I swear you truly are a surprising troll. First Oscurito, then Veris. And I know he doesn't approach you often, but señor Raclaw likes you too. You muse be some sort of dragon whisperer." Maverick concluded, with the three of them being very different species, yet Angora managed to make all three of them like her.

Angora sweated at the mention of Veris, having forgotten about him in the time they have spent there. She hasn't told Maverick about her new predicament yet... and she didn't want to. He would find out eventually, but when?
"Heh... yeah..." Angora replied to his comment, wishing she could have Maverick's positive spirit right now. She was nervous, but Maverick's lack of concentration didn't let him notice. Knowing him, Maverick was probably not going to make such a huge deal about Veris wanted to remain with her, but Angora simply wasn't ready to tell him. She already tried to indirectly convince the wyvern to change his mind, but he was exaggeratedly stubborn. And if Sere satisfied his whim, Maverick would know that would mean she wouldn't be able to be with him and Ilasi like he so much desired. He already had that perfect little world planned out, and Angora believed it would be just plain cruel to destroy it with him being in this much good of a mood...
---
#1410 Posted: 21:38:03 19/01/2020
Ilasi spent a short time with Julian reviewing some of the herbs and ingredients she had come across; much like Julian had promised, she wasn't kept there long, at least not today. She was dismissed, with an invitation to come in whenever she wished to talk about something.
Ilasi was grateful for the chance to return to her room - though she felt that the mood may have been ruined beyond recovery. A quick walk later, she was back at her own door, and opened it slowly to avoid startling anyone inside.
She unsurprisingly found Angora and Maverick in the midst of a conversation. "Hello again Anfora, Maverick," she greeted as she came back inside. "How have things been?" She hoped Maverick didn't let slip just how his girlfriend was helping him relax - the last thing she wanted was to be accused of doing something unscrupulous.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1411 Posted: 22:07:36 19/01/2020
Angora gave a small hand wave in greeting. Maverick was more enthusiastic.
"Hola mi amor! Welcome back!" he said, inviting her to sit.
"We were just playing a game. Almost done now." he explained, though there wasn't much to wait for. One more move and Angora had won again. Usually she liked winning, but too many times was just annoying, and firmly believed Maverick was losing to her on purpose. That just didn't do.
"Well, good game. And thanks for talking to me Maverick. I'll be heading off now." she said, getting ready to leave since she was more than certain Ilasi wasn't going to want her around.
"What? No Angorita. Stay here a little while longer." he invited, making Angora smile, but staying would make her a third wheel, and probably make Ilasi dislike her further.
"No no, that's alright Maverick. I forgot to change Veris' water this morning. He already had his breakfast and lunch, but no fresh water." Angora said, and while it was true, she did the comment mostly to have Maverick let her leave.

After closing the door, Maverick shook his head slowly.
"Mi pobre Angorita. Taking such good care of that wyvern is hard work. I'm glad she has him though. I would've preferred if she had spent time with Oscurito, but Veris loves her too, and his company does her good. I've seen it." he commented to Ilasi, suspecting things would've been far worse to Angora if she didn't have the wyvern's friendship. He was at first worried that Veris would've hurt her, accidentally or not, but after that small bonding time with him back then, Maverick was convinced the silly glutton meant her no harm, and that he was very careful with his size when around her.

Once she left, Angora was frustrated she never took the chance to tell Maverick what is going on with Veris, but it will have to be left for another time. While the comment was initially a distraction, Angora headed to the wyvern's enclosure to change his water just like she said, and maybe afterwards could head to the infirmary to see Sand Dune, Opium and Random. She barely sees them anymore, and that was just wrong. They were no Mavericks or Shades, but it was still very nice to be with them. They made her feel good, and their company when she was in the brig did many nice things to her self esteem back then. That was something she couldn't possibly forget.
---
#1412 Posted: 23:57:33 19/01/2020
When Angora arrived at Veris' enclosure, she would find him fast asleep. It would likely be a bit of time until he woke up, based on when he had his last meal.
In the meantime, Ilasi was glad to be back with Maverick, though she did find Angora's sudden leaving after her return a bit forced. Was she perhaps imagining things? Maybe a small talk afterwards was in order, just to see how things were with the troll. After all, if Maverick started to get the impression that they were incompatible, things might not keep going as smoothly - and she did believe he had a right to the friends he wanted, even if she was originally concerned that it meant she would be more of an afterthought when it came to his friendship with Angora.
"Maybe things can lighten up a bit with Shade over time," Ilasi suggested - she wasn't sure how much, but there could at least be a chance of some sort. "Until then, she does have the company of Veris - and she always has us, if she wants to talk every now and then. Although I get the... uh, I feel that maybe she's a little burdened?" Ilasi didn't want to admit to Maverick that she felt that her behavior was driving Angora away, despite her best efforts. While it was true that she preferred Maverick spending time with her than Angora, she was definitely not trying to come across as if she were demanding Angora stay away from him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1413 Posted: 01:32:38 20/01/2020
"Well no surprise there. The day before yesterday, el capitán... he... was very mean to her. It all passed thankfully, but I think Angorita still thinks about that. All good now, so it's not important anymore." Maverick stated, not wanting to tell Ilasi what Sere almost did to Angora, and associating his little friend's stress with the events of that day.
"I'm glad you're welcoming her company. Pobre Angorita needs all the friends she can get. She's always so sad. So glum. I think the only thing that keeps her distracted from everything is taking care of Veris. But I know if you talk to her, it'll improve her mood." Maverick then stated, filled with hope. While he has been slow on the matter, he has realized that maybe Angora was under the impression that Ilasi didn't like her, which would explain her sudden departure from the room just now, but if his girlfriend spent more time approaching her, the troll could get that idea out of her head. He didn't want to tell Ilasi anything about it, but she was smart, so maybe she had the same suspicion as well?

Angora knocked the door quietly, but there was no response. She opened it to find Veris slumbering peacefully, and one look at his face, and he looked as if he was... smiling? Was it because of her? Or perhaps he was dreaming about food? It didn't matter. She quietly removed his large water bucket from the enclosure, throwing it away and replacing it with fresh, clean water. Putting it back on the same spot, she left the place silently, letting Veris sleep. It looked like it was a deep sleep too. Even with that toothy grin and menacing face, he looked almost cute. Angora did love that wyvern that much. Of that there was no doubt. She just wished he didn't love her too much. He had an objective, and nothing was convincing him to think otherwise... but she had to try. She had to keep trying...
---
#1414 Posted: 03:49:05 20/01/2020
Ilasi did agree that perhaps talking with Angora was the right call here. "Yes, I think maybe I should have a bit of a talk with er. Something fun, maybe, if she will allow it. Oh, and maybe you can have a talk with Leoquin while I'm gone? Do try to rest just a little longer, though." The medicine Ilasi gave Maverick turned out to be a little too good at its job - she would have to remember tou se something a little weaker next time. Still, Maverick deserved a bit of rest and relaxation, after all he had done for her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1415 Posted: 04:09:15 20/01/2020
While Maverick was conscious and still thinking well, his dilated pupils demonstrated that the liquid was still taking it's effect. Maverick felt that if he tried to get up, he woke fall.
"Leoquin. Si. Will do... although maybe you're right. I should rest... a little..." he agreed, wondering if his sudden tiredness was from whatever Ilasi gave him. Couldn't be anything bad, so he decided to follow her advice.

Convinced that she won't need to attend to Veris' needs for a while, Angora headed to the infirmary, where naturally, her three former brig companions welcomed her with open arms. It was always nice to see her.
"Welcome Angora!" Sand Dune said cheerfully, offering her a hug that was soon followed by his two friends. Despite not needing her help, they let her stick around for some casual conversation, and at the same time show her what they did and how some of the medicine worked. Angora wasn't really that much knowledgable about medicine except for the most basic, but there was nothing wrong with learning a little bit more. She would sometimes even talked to the few sailors there, many whom have earned their respect after the great services she has provided to the ship.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:40 20/01/2020 by Felines
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#1416 Posted: 19:30:45 20/01/2020
OOC: Sorry for the delay... Between a horrid sleep schedule, stress, and bouts of writer's block, it can be hard to get a post out.

Mischief rather suddenly snapped her book shut with a grin. She had studied, she had planned. Now it was time to try it for real. "Should take less than a day if we work quickly!" Excited, she ignored her growling stomach for once and turned her focus to the tricky task of building the golem. "I'm ready to begin. I just need to get supplies for the body together."
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#1417 Posted: 22:35:24 20/01/2020
Having finished helping Maverick out with some relaxation, Ilasi figured that she may as well check back at the infirmary. As she headed there, she recalled why she initially needed a break; but maybe Maverick could help sort the deal out. With the dose she gave him, the effects should be wearing off within the next hour. With any luck, Angora would be in the infirmary, but she wasn't counting on it.
Ilasi soon came into the infirmary,.pleasantly surprised to see that Angora was there alone with the pirate trio. "Thank you guys for helping me out there," she said as she took a seat. "Anything important happen while I was gone? Oh - Angora, are you free to talk for a bit?" She didn't know if Angora would keep finding a reason to avoid her, but it was worth a try.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1418 Posted: 23:05:41 20/01/2020
"You're welcome milady." Opium said, always the flirting type, receiving another spank at the back of the head, by Random this time. Angora enjoyed their playful, and something rough antics, but the moment was interrupted when she heard the last thing Ilasi just said.

"Me? Sure. I'm not busy." she stated in a polite voice, but with a hint of boredom. Julien didn't need her, the infirmary was taken care of, as well as Veris, and when she saw the kitchen, the dishes were done. She had no idea why Ilasi would want to talk to her of all people, but she might as well listen. She wondered where Maverick was, but she figured he was either back at the cabin or with Dahlia.

Maverick remained in the cabin, dozing off. He tried to take a nap, but despite the extreme feeling of relaxation, he wasn't sleepy. He just wanted to lie down. He didn't want to ask Ilasi what was in that vial, but he suspected he would have to ask her sooner or later. He wasn't one to take foreign foods or liquids, but he just couldn't say no to his girlfriend. Even so, he wanted to know what that was. But first, after the tiredness is over, he would have to think on how to approach Leoquin. He was treating him much better than before, but one still had to excercise caution around that merman. He was the very bitter type, the same or maybe even more than Angora was when he first met her.
---
#1419 Posted: 00:41:33 21/01/2020
"Okay, then... how have you been doing?" Ilasi trepidatiously asked Angora. "Everything going all right? Anything I can help with?" Perhaps a friendly invitation would help open Angora up for discussion on the more important matters. She was prepared for the troll to deny any issue, in which case she was ready to ask some more direct questions - about how Angora felt about her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1420 Posted: 01:01:36 21/01/2020
Angora was suspicious about Ilasi's sudden concern. She started to believe Maverick was the one who convinced her to talk to her. She didn't believe the mermaid would show this much concern for her. This conversation was too sudden. Too out of nowhere. But she played along.
"I've been... fine. Can't complain." she replied, being deliberately vague. Sand Dune could sense some tension.
"You girls need some time alone?" he asked.
"No that's alright." Angora assured, glad they were present. While their last conversation wasn't so bad, Angora still felt that Ilasi didn't like her very much, and that this conversation was Maverick's doing.
---
#1421 Posted: 01:13:21 21/01/2020
There it was - Ilasi could tell Angora was dodging the matter. SHe didn't want to be too pushy, but she had to poke just a bit more...
"Are you sure nothing's eating at you?" Ilasi insisted. "If there was, you would tell me... right? Because, well, we're friends, after all... aren't we?" That much pushing was already more than Ilasi was comfortable with, but perhaps such a phrasing would make Angora less guarded in the interaction. "You know you can always ask me if you need my help with something."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1422 Posted: 01:26:43 21/01/2020
Angora gave a brief smile at the way Ilasi put the first sentence. She really did feel such way. However, she was skeptical about such friendship, but decided to leave that matter for later. If talking was all Ilasi wanted to do, she would oblige in the most honest way possible.
"It's nothing you can help with. Besides, you have Maverick. Why bother with me? I'm just making sure I don't interrupt you two." Angora stated, trying to hint at best as she could how she has noticed how annoyed Ilasi became when she came between the two of them. She was quite bad at dissimulating after all.

The trio felt too awkward witnessing such uncomfortable conversation, so they did things around the infirmary to avoid being in the way. Neither Ilasi or Angora have ever talked bad about each other, so they never expected some tension between them. But of course, Maverick was involved. One of them was his best friend, and the other one was his girlfriend. A bit of animosity was not so strange now that they thought about it.
---
#1423 Posted: 01:58:07 21/01/2020
Ilasi gave a slightly concerned look as Angora confirmed her suspicions. "Oh, uh, no need to do all that," she assured Angora. "You would be fine company. What could you possibly be interrupting?..." Ilasi couldn't suppress her slight nervousness, though it wasn't anything that sabotaged her speaking attempts. Yes, she preferred when Maverick spent his time with her - but she never wanted it to get the point where she was pushing Angora away from him, or at least not anymore. Maybe that was how she felt when she first came on the ship - but her feelings on the matter changed over time. If only there was a happy medium...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1424 Posted: 02:39:04 21/01/2020
Angora paused for a moment before speaking again.
"Nevertheless, it's not nice to intrude on a relationship." Angora commented, still believing this conversation had Maverick written all over it. After all, he was looking forward to have them get along so they could live together. She didn't believe Ilasi would have a change of heart like that, especially if she knew how the Ishulgites so dastardly manipulated her and why Sere almost sentenced her to death.

She then remained quiet, wondering if she should tell Ilasi about what Veris wanted. Angora didn't think she could face Maverick about the matter, not especially after such enthusiastic hope for the future he had, but maybe Ilasi could tell him? Angora had doubts about how sincere her concern for her was, but if she wasn't, she figured she would instead be happy, cause if she had to stay with Veris, that would mean Ilasi would have Maverick all to herself. Shade may take a while in prison if his actions on the ship weren't too considered. There was of course Mischief, but Angora wasn't sure if she was going to leave with Maverick when most of her loyalty was to her...
---
#1425 Posted: 03:26:20 21/01/2020
Ilasi, ignorant of the turmoil within Angora's mind, knew only of the problem of her feeling unwelcome while she was with Maverick. "Please... you wouldn't be intruding," she reiterated. "I think... maybe you aren't comfortable with me? Maybe you don't see me as a friend? Maybe we can get together and do something? I don't know. Something so we get more comfortable with each other." Ilasi had no idea what she would actually do - but she was panning on Angora rejecting the offer, anyway.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1426 Posted: 03:59:46 21/01/2020
Edit: Correcting a mix up. I can't seem to keep track of characters for even two seconds. Ugh. Thanks for the correction redwes.

Mischief finally realized Sere had left. When had he left? She didn't know, she was engrossed in her notes. Nevertheless, she stretched and sorted her bag to prepare for golem construction. Placing the necessary herbs at the top, she started searching for Leoquin or whatever his name was. He'd offered to help, and now that Sere was on board with the idea she had to go find him. She really didn't want to move all that earth by herself...

Darkheart yawned and stretched out her long body. Then she searched for and approached Raclaw. "Morning, my love..." She glanced at Latnok and then just made an effort to cuddle Raclaw. The drowsy dragoness was clearly still not fully awake yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:13 21/01/2020 by darknessdawn
#1427 Posted: 04:16:44 21/01/2020
Ilasi, ignorant of the turmoil within Angora's mind, knew only of the problem of her feeling unwelcome while she was with Maverick. "Please... you wouldn't be intruding," she reiterated. "I think... maybe you aren't comfortable with me? Maybe you don't see me as a friend? Maybe we can get together and do something? I don't know. Something so we get more comfortable with each other." Ilasi had no idea what she would actually do - but she was panning on Angora rejecting the offer, anyway.

Once again, Angora felt Ilasi's attempts were for Maverick's sake alone, so she decided to not only be sincere, but blunt as well.
"Doing something!? After all this time? We've been on this journey for months now, and now you decide for some quality time? We only had that one decent conversation back then, and it was such a while ago! Come on Ilasi! Don't you think I have never noticed how upset you get when I take Maverick's time from you? I know you have tried to hide it..." Angora said harshly, not wanting to be upset about the matter, but she was.

However, if there was a tiny chance that Ilasi was being sincere and that this wasn't all Maverick, Angora used a more gentle tone of voice.
"Not that there is anything wrong with it of course. It's... understandable. Maverick deserves it. He could never get in a relationship because of his demon father. But now? Now he has the chance and like I said, he deserves it, and I don't want to get in the way." Angora said calmer, but evidently still tense.

The three now healing men blushed with embarrassment, wishing this conversation could've been private and avoid witnessing such uncomfortable moment. They didn't know whom to feel sorry for the most. Ilasi did looked like she was genuinely trying to be friends with Angora, but evidently, the troll was having a hard time accepting her. And as they suspected, it all had to do with their individual relationship with Maverick.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:17:56 21/01/2020 by Felines
#1428 Posted: 14:08:25 21/01/2020
Ilasi gave a pained look as Angora gave her scathing remarks. Up until now, she had been unaware of just how strongly unwanted she was making Angora feel. "I..." she began, though it was hard to find the right words to say.
"I just was hoping... maybe we could set things right. After all, we're all in this together. Aren't we? If we're both going to remain with Maverick after the journey, we should try to get to know each other better. Maybe I wasn't open enough - but I want to try. I just want the chance to try..."
Things were not looking good. Ilasi was familiar enough with Angora to know that once she was in a mood and had an idea, there was little that would change it.

Along with the intense feeling of calmness he had from his two furry companions, Latnok could also somewhat feel the love of his mate. Still an odd feeling... not something he thought he would ever understand. Maybe he still wouldn't.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1429 Posted: 14:57:48 21/01/2020
Angora now wasn't certain how genuine Ilasi's words were, but after she mentioned about being on the journey together, she believed it was time to tell her the truth... but was it really the right thing to trust Ilasi of all people with this information?
"Get to know each other better..." Angora repeated, funny how she should choose that moment, with a crazy society out to kill them (her especially likely now), but perhaps that was another reason Ilasi wanted to do this? Despite their victory yesterday, there was always a chance of defeat, so maybe that was the reason Ilasi wanted this chance? Pessimistic, Angora believed that Ilasi was still doing this for Maverick only, or at least to ease up her own guilt.

No matter Ilasi's reason, Angora was willing to try. Even if these attempts were fake, perhaps she could transform them into genuine... eventually.
"I'm not sure we have too much in common, but we can try. We still have a while of journey... although... I'll let you know, you won't have to do this for long." Angora stated, and whether Ilasi would be happy or not, she was certain the mermaid would likewise ask what she meant.

After a very brief pause, Angora got to the point.
"Veris you see... the big idiot has gotten so used to my care that he wants it to last long after this journey. You should've seen how angry he was when I told him it would all be over after we reached Redwater. Ser... the captain knows, and while he didn't say yes immediately, he still filled him with hope. And let's face it. He's going to want his mount happy..." Angora expressed, believing Sere would find a way to have her for his beloved mount's sake. He had the power to make it so, and despite all of her attempts, there was no way to get through that wyvern's thick skull.
---
#1430 Posted: 22:36:14 21/01/2020
Angora's predicament was not something Ilasi could particularly empathize with, never having felt particularly valued anywhere she worked. "Pardon me, Angora, but why can't you just... choose no to take the job?" she asked, perplexed. "You aren't obligated to work for the captain... am I right?" Ilasi didn't know Angora to be the kind of person afraid to say no, but maybe she really did have a soft spot for the wyvern.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1431 Posted: 23:33:55 21/01/2020
Angora sighed, Ilasi making it sound so easy.
"It's not... so simple. I did bonded with Veris before, but this time is different..." she assured, believing the wyvern wouldn't be as cooperative as he was before if he didn't have her. Unless he simply got used to be without her presence again.
"It's not important... yet. Maverick doesn't know, and I want to wait before telling him." Angora assured, wanting Ilasi to be the one to tell him, just not yet.

Unable to handle the uncomfortable situation, Sand Dune briefly interrupted.
"Sorry to butt in girls, but it's not use to stress over something that hasn't happened yet. If you ask me, it's nice that the wyvern cares about you so much. It means that you do a very nice job. But you'll have time to worry about what he wants. For now, I think you have both earned some girl time. Not many women around here, so you better take the chance." he recommended, wanting to cut the tension. Angora smiled slightly, knowing he was right. Even if this was all Maverick's idea, perhaps some alone time with Ilasi was just what they needed to leave behind whatever animosity remained between them.
---
#1432 Posted: 01:29:58 22/01/2020
Ilasi inhaled deeply and gave a soft sigh, glad that there was some excuse to put aside the tension. "I hope we can manage that. Maybe just a bit of time out, talking about... well, we'll figure it out." Ilasi hesitated as she realized she was at a loss for potential conversation topics that wouldn't potentially trigger an adverse reaction from Angora. Maybe this idea was doomed from the start.

Leoquin, in the meanwhile, was at the ship wheel - the course was steady, so he didn't have to do much work, and his arm was comfortable enough in the bandages he was given at the infirmary. The nerve of those pirates, speaking to me like that...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1433 Posted: 02:05:41 22/01/2020
In the cabin, Maverick was asleep, just not deeply as he normally would. He was still conscious and alert of his surrounding, sometimes thinking about the mother he barely got to meet. He instinctively grasped his small medallion, always hidden behind his shirt to avoid making it a target for muggers and thieves. He still didn't know how special the gold object truly was...

Ilasi inhaled deeply and gave a soft sigh, glad that there was some excuse to put aside the tension. "I hope we can manage that. Maybe just a bit of time out, talking about... well, we'll figure it out." Ilasi hesitated as she realized she was at a loss for potential conversation topics that wouldn't potentially trigger an adverse reaction from Angora. Maybe this idea was doomed from the start.[/i]

Angora exhaled, knowing that if there was a slight chance that Ilasi was truly trying to befriend her, she was ruining it.
"I... I... I'm... I'm sorry. Not right to take it out on you. None is your fault. I just... have too much stress right now. Veris came up with that, and as if that wasn't enough, we don't know when those stupid people will strike again, not to mention that nobody is saying what will happen to Shady after we reach Redwater. It's just... too much." Angora excused, trying to apologize as best as she could, though she still had pride, so a simple apology was quite hard for her. But like she said, none was Ilasi's fault. She did resented the mermaid at first for taking Maverick's time and for making her feel unwanted, but the feeling has mellowed down considerably lately, and perhaps this was a chance they both needed. A chance that would be foolish to miss, and Sand Dune just gave her the encouragement she needed. The three men were proud of her for at least trying to be nice to Ilasi. Like with Leoquin, the mermaid was just trying to be kind.
---
#1434 Posted: 22:54:45 22/01/2020
Ilasi's face lightened up somewhat with the apology from Angora. "I forgive you. That's what some time together might help out with - maybe we can find something to help break up the stress?" Of course, she wouldn't be able to help Angora out with a massage and some medicine like she did Maverick, but maybe there was some fun activity or other they could find anyway.
"Maybe we can get some food or so, or play a game. Tell a few stories. That kind of thing." Truth be told, Ilasi never had any female friends - merely acquaintances - so she wasn't too sure what they would be doing to pass the time.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1435 Posted: 23:19:40 22/01/2020
Angora looked at Sand Dune, remembering how he tell pretty good stories while they were all on the brig. She did it often with Maverick and Shade too when they were travelling together.
"I think telling stories is not such a bad idea...? Angora suggested, thinking there was no other way for them to bond. It didn't look like they had much else in common.

The little troll's stomach then grumbled after doing the comment.
"...and some food too..." she said blushing, remembering that she shared her breakfast with Veris earlier, and she stayed hungry. She was going to starve if the wyvern kept asking for food like that. Opium gave a small chuckle at the cute sound, receiving a glare of her part in return.
---
#1436 Posted: 23:23:51 22/01/2020
Quote:
Darkheart yawned and stretched out her long body. Then she searched for and approached Raclaw. "Morning, my love..." She glanced at Latnok and then just made an effort to cuddle Raclaw. The drowsy dragoness was clearly still not fully awake yet.
Quote:
Along with the intense feeling of calmness he had from his two furry companions, Latnok could also somewhat feel the love of his mate. Still an odd feeling... not something he thought he would ever understand. Maybe he still wouldn't.

"Morning.," Raclaw said allowing his mate to cuddle him as she wished. A mate, a dog, and a best-friend-turned-owner... he didn't know what he did to deserve all this happiness. He had everything he has ever wanted, except his true parents and the Guardians had gone as far commissioning their own ship to find just that. They had even found Julian again whom had explained his actions and the possible fate of his parents. Between the attention provided by Latnok and the attention provided by Darkheart-- some dragon-like purring could be heard. The Fur Dragon was clearly at ease among his companions.

Elsewhere, Risar kept an eye on things and briefly glanced at the bundle of fur and scales. Some part of the Minotaur knew that regardless of rather or not Raclaw found his true parents, he would probably be just fine under his new family and friends.
---
#1437 Posted: 01:38:02 23/01/2020
"I'm no great cook like Maverick, but I could make some fish," Ilasi offered - fish being a popular dish among merfolk for rather obvious reasons. "Or we could just have something like bread or fruits. Should we go, then?" She wondered what stories she would have to tell Angora - she doubted anything she could recall would match what Angora had been through, but at least Angora would have a chance to vent, hopefully about things other than her presence.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1438 Posted: 01:52:46 23/01/2020
Angora shook her head.
"Doesn't matter. I can eat anything, raw or cooked." she assured to avoid Ilasi the trouble, bidding farewell to the three kind men before heading to the kitchen with the mermaid.

Once there, Angora helped herself with some food, having craved rabbit ever since she gave Veris that for lunch. She didn't cook it, but she did heated it up a bit to thaw the ice accumulated, and proceeded to eat it right there, without adding any seasoning. She imagined Ilasi would be disgusted for consuming meat in such a primitive way, but it didn't matter to Angora. She was too hungry. As she ate, she wondered what they could talk about, but no subject came. She regretted telling Ilasi about what Veris wanted, but since she couldn't say it to Maverick, Ilasi was the next best person to know...
---
#1439 Posted: 03:40:29 23/01/2020
Ilasi wasn't very hungry, but she helped herself to an apple so Angora wouldn't be the only one eating. After a few bites, she began to speak.
"Well, Angora... it's good to know that there are those who appreciate the job you've been doing. You know, I never really felt appreciated before coming here... I was always just someone to do some task considered beneath someone else, or an unknowledgeable apprentice to be taught something. And no matter how hard I tried, my efforts were not good enough for my parents..."
As Ilasi spoke, her tone became slightly more annoyed, though it was still relatively calm. "Even the last time I visited them, they were asking me about what sort of things, I was doing... and about Maverick. I brought him underwater for a visit - and of course they had to start interrogating and appraising him right there. And of course my mother didn't hesitate to start pushing the idea of grandchildren right then and there..." Just the thought of that moment still embarrassed Ilasi, and she tried not to dwell on it too much when she could avoid it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1440 Posted: 04:25:53 23/01/2020
"Underwater?" Angora stated, though she imagined Aelinon had some system for non water breathers to visit merfolk. Many worked for them after all. Still, she wished Maverick would've to,d her about that visit, and Ilasi's parents.
"How did... never mind. I don't know much about parents, but I do know they should be the ones to give their offsprings all the support they need. Just be lucky they never wanted to kill you because they see you as weak..." the troll assured, clearly haunted by the moment. Not only were her own parents wanted to kill her. They were going to eat her too. It was just unfathomable to think about.

Angora took another bite of her food before speaking again.
"You are never going to please every single person you ever meet, so you have to make sure you focus on those who appreciate you and your efforts no matter what. That accept you flaws and all. Maverick taught me that. Besides my brother..." Angora choked, before continuing.

"Maverick was the one who ever showed me any kindness in such a long time. It was quite a struggle for him. I was so bitter, so full of hatred for the world for all the things that ever happened to me. But he was stubborn. Annoying too. Not sure if it's that faun heritage, but he never gave up. I think he initially payed so much attention to me cause his father gave him such a low esteem and I was the only one he felt comfortable with, but I'm not sure. With time, we became friends and only had each other in that ship... until I decided to leave. I tried to convince him to leave too, but he was so afraid of his father. I thought I would never see him again... but you know the rest..." Angora said, realizing she has said so much. She stopped to give Ilasi a chance to speak, thinking she had overdone it. It wasn't Angora's intention to give so much information, but she needed to take a few things off her mind.
---
#1441 Posted: 11:19:21 23/01/2020
"Actually... I don't believe I know the rest," Ilasi corrected. "How did you two ever end up meeting again?" As Ilasi took another bite out of her apple, she contemplated whether Angora's reunion with Maverick was anything like the first time she met him.
Besides that, she didn't want to force Angora to dwell on her own family. Truly, the world of the so-called blighters was a brutal dog eat dog world. Aelinon was brutal to its criminals, but it took care of the weak - it didn't cull them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1442 Posted: 14:56:41 23/01/2020
It was then Angora remembered Ilasi wasn't with them in the battle against Darkmatter. And it seemed like Maverick didn't told her either. With everything that happened, her memory had been foggy.
"We were a small group. The Guardians, Shady, Raclaw, Darkheart, me, and a few others that went their separate ways now. Orion himself was there too believe it or not, and... he needed help destroying this shadowy matter that he couldn't do it by himself. It was a... very odd world. It looked like a swamp with no humidity and mountains that looked like volcanoes. We were in a cave when... well it looked like someone was sneaking up on us. Turned out to be Maverick, who entered that forsaken place looking for rare stuff to sell. And well, we couldn't believe it. It was then that he told me his father's ship sank and that he was the only survivor thanks to a mermaid who saved his life." Angora narrated patiently, starting to believe Maverick truly had something that attracted mermaids. She didn't know if Lydia felt an attraction or simply saw his noble heart, but he had quite a history with mermaid now that Angora thought about it.
---
#1443 Posted: 20:33:00 23/01/2020
Darkheart responded to Raclaw's purring with her own. She couldn't help but smile, and this one was a bit better than her usual efforts.

Mischief waited several long seconds, trying to determine whether now was a good time. Finally she spoke up, her timidness almost palpable. "Leoquin, sir... I've spoken to Captin Sere about the golem, and he's willing to help. Whenever you're ready, I'd like your help, sir... Rocks and clay are heavy to move in the quantity I need..." She was extremely nervous, both out of uncertainty as to whether Leoquin was too busy, and worrying she'd mess up the golem's creation. Such an incident would only make things worse for her aboard the ship.
---
#1444 Posted: 22:44:54 23/01/2020
Leoquin, who had the ship on a steady course, was able to spare some attention to Mischief. "Oh, I'm not a 'sir.' But yeah, sure, I can help. I'll tell you what - when my shift ends, I'll do some swimming and see if I can find some useful rocks in the water. Clay is something that we're more likely to find once we hit dry land - probably in an old, dried-up lake or so." Leoquin was certain his arm would still be usable enough for such a task.

Though Ilasi was curious about all of the details of Angora's journey, she doubted it would be a positive experience - Latnok and Sere evidently developed strongly negative opinions of her during that trip, so it couldn't have been a happy one.
"Ah... Lydia. I remember Maverick told me the story. He is pretty lucky that she was the one who found him. If it had been a merman patrol..." Ilasi didn't even want to think about the brutal treatment that he would have been subjected to if that had occurred.
"Well, fortunately we don't have to worry about that. You know, I think my meeting with you guys was the first time anyone really seemed to care about how I was doing - making things easier for me. Shade gave me a huge fright - but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised." Ilasi took a few more bites out of her apple, eating rather slowly. Who would imagine - one chance encounter with a mermaid eventually led to Maverick's chance encounter with her. She never imagined that she would find someone because of Lydia, albeit indirectly. In fact, she was always concerned about the opposite - Lydia, with her beauty and talents, taking any attention away from her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1445 Posted: 22:50:35 23/01/2020
Mischief nodded shyly. "Thank you. Once all that heavy earth is gathered it can be molded and brought to life." A bit quieter she added "Hopefully I don't mess up the incantations or anything... Done incorrectly, the ritual will create a foe instead of a friend..." She once again checked her notes, terrified she'd make an error.
---
#1446 Posted: 23:17:54 23/01/2020
In the room, Maverick was fiddling with his medallion. It was almost involuntary, when it suddenly glowed. But the moment lasted for less than a second, so Maverick wasn't sure if he saw it in the first place. It didn't matter. This small, gold medallion was the only thing he ever received from his mother, and there was no way he wanted to part with it. He has had it around his neck ever since that day, and he has never taken it off.

Though Ilasi was curious about all of the details of Angora's journey, she doubted it would be a positive experience - Latnok and Sere evidently developed strongly negative opinions of her during that trip, so it couldn't have been a happy one.
"Ah... Lydia. I remember Maverick told me the story. He is pretty lucky that she was the one who found him. If it had been a merman patrol..." Ilasi didn't even want to think about the brutal treatment that he would have been subjected to if that had occurred.
"Well, fortunately we don't have to worry about that. You know, I think my meeting with you guys was the first time anyone really seemed to care about how I was doing - making things easier for me. Shade gave me a huge fright - but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised." Ilasi took a few more bites out of her apple, eating rather slowly. Who would imagine - one chance encounter with a mermaid eventually led to Maverick's chance encounter with her. She never imagined that she would find someone because of Lydia, albeit indirectly. In fact, she was always concerned about the opposite - Lydia, with her beauty and talents, taking any attention away from her.

Angora could see Ilasi was rather uncomfortable with the subject, so she figured that she knew Lydia.
"Maverick sometimes talked about her when he was with me. He was very grateful for her for that second chance. He was sitting in a broken piece of wood floor, and spent days pushing it to shore. They were quite far at sea. They said their goodbyes after she left him on shore and hasn't seen her since." Angora explained, not certain if there was some sort of romance during those days. But if there was, they would've found a way to make it work. Merfolks could grow legs when on land, so she could've gone with him. Perhaps there was no romance after all? Or was her life so compromised she had to remain at sea. Angora never knew, and Maverick never said anything about it.

As she finished up the rabbit meat, Angora could barely believe she was talking to Ilasi of all people, and the earlier tension was gone. Maybe, just maybe... this conversation was her idea after all.
"What's past is past though. Maverick will be forever grateful to Lydia for saving his life. Even if it's wrong to say it that way, his father's death was a blessing. He could finally live life the way he wanted. That hyperspace bag? It was a gift from a wizard who read his fortune and knew how well Maverick has taken his second chance. He travelled, and in his quest to find rare objects, we found each other again, and after that journey, we travelled together with Shady. We were so happy..." Angora stated, smiling deeply as she closed her eyes, recalling those months when it was just them, flying on Shade's back, selling their wages, earning good money and goofing off in their free time.

Angora's sincere, almost cute smile then vanished almost as soon as it happened.
"Until... well, that part you know for sure." she said gloomily, finishing off the food and washing the platter to leave the kitchen impeccable like it was before they entered. She missed those moments so much, but now the three friends were facing very different predicaments, and Angora feared they could never have that life back ever again.
---
#1447 Posted: 01:29:41 24/01/2020
Ilasi and Angora spent a long while together, the environment gradually becoming more comfortable and natural for at least the former. With their tasks done for the most part, they had time to spare.
Leoquin continued, his arm feeling somewhat better as he kept the ship on course. The day was relatively boring - it would seem that, if the masterminds were around, they were making sure to stay very far away to avoid being picked up. At least it was a break from the hectic chaos that was the previous day.
Though Latnok remained with his furry companions for some time, he eventually had to get back to helping the other sailors train. They would have to be ready for whatever came their way. With how busy he kept himself, he barely noticed as the sun approached the horizon, the sky shifting a vivid red-orange.

Leoquin waited patiently to be relieved from his shift. Maverick was supposed to be taking over for him, so he had to do the turnover - and he had to help out Mischief with those rocks. Surely stuff at the bottom of the water couldn't be corrupted in any way?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1448 Posted: 02:46:05 24/01/2020
Angora kinda enjoyed her time with Ilasi, although her company was still nothing compared to the more gentle, easy going Maverick. She couldn't complain though. With Ilasi practically giving her green light, she would approach Maverick more often. Ilasi was after all regretful of making her feel left out, or so she said, but Angora would know through the course of the voyage how truthful that apology was. For now, it was time to return to their duties. Angora looked at a window, and could see that dusk was approaching already.
"Have to feed Veris now. I'll... see you later." she said meekly to Ilasi, getting the dummy his food. As always, the wyvern was very glad to see her, especially if it was with his meal. Angora contemplated how Veris voraciously destroyed the food before him, and she could see that, while gentle to her and his master, and those friends with them, he could be quite vicious when it came to filling up his stomach. The thought just made her more fearful on how Veris would react if he was denied his request. But if Raclaw couldn't convince him, she would have to do it herself... somehow...

After almost three hours of resting, Maverick returned to the main deck after a quick snack, seeing to his surprise that Leoquin was waiting for him. He resumed his duties, glad he could rest well and now help, though for some reason, and while fully conscious, he still felt somewhat wobbly. He didn't want to believe it was Ilasi's tonic from earlier, but perhaps it was some brief food poisoning? He didn't know, but at least it wasn't anything bad, so he dismissed the thought and continued with his duties. Seeing Leoquin suddenly made him remember Ilasi's request, but the merman looked extremely busy, so the conversation would have to take place later.
---
#1449 Posted: 03:47:11 24/01/2020
As Latnok eventually left him to work with the other sailors-- Raclaw remained with Chester and Darkheart for some time, before getting antsy and inviting the comforting duo to watch him train. If he wanted to train up his fire, he couldn't do it alone naturally; and soon he and Latnok had a similar training scenario set up with a appropriately distanced dummy standing in for Mr X or Monster Y. As Latnok stood behind him and prepared to use his force magic, Raclaw aimed and fired and.. almost missed entirely. Somehow, performing this same stunt in mid flight had seemingly been easier despite the added weight of first time rider Latnok. 'That was a much bigger target though. I can do this-- I just need to focus...,' he thought as he tried again. The next shot was closer, but still barely grazed the side of the dummy. "Again! You can do this, Raclaw!," Damon chimed in interrupting what would've been his own less positive thought. The next shot actually hit the target and the next few shots began to get more on track...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:22 24/01/2020 by redwes
#1450 Posted: 16:44:04 24/01/2020
After Leoquin gave the turnover, he hastily discarded his bandage before jumping off the edge of the ship into the water below. The island destination was within sight; landfall would be made some time in the middle of the night. He just had to focus on finding the right rocks.
Hmm... what would be good material, anyway? Sedimentary rocks like typically found in water seemed like they would be sturdy enough. But what was the criterion for them? Pure or something like that? Couldn't be too much of a problem, could it?

Though the results weren't perfect, Latnok was satisfied with how the training had gone so far. A bit of persistence, and things would definitely go much better next time. He would probably cook this evening, since Maverick cooked in the morning, and high morale before a battle was always nice to have.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me