Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#801 Posted: 15:03:36 25/11/2019
Maverick was pleased to know there was someone who loved Angora so much. The poor troll have always believed he and Shade would be the only ones who could ever truly love her. But while not everything has been a valley of roses in this trip, things have turned out for the better. Those three former pirates with the weird nicknames appreciated her a lot, Veris adored her, and now Mischief as well. And if things kept getting better, soon a few other sailors would want to befriend her after the awesome and selfless service she did yesterday.
"Well, Ilasi is usually busy with her job, but she now has three men helping her with the healing bit. Purifying water is mostly her job now, but she takes plenty of breaks. You can talk to her then." Maverick said, flattered to be part of a pack, even though that felt a little odd. He was certain that if Mischief got to know Ilasi better, they would be great friends.

As he continued with the meals, he noticed Mischief eager to take a bite.
"Hey hey. Be paciente. Control your stomach. The last thing we need is another Veris." he joked, Mischief almost looking ready to chomp on anything he was cooking before being properly prepared.

Quote: A Guy
Latnok gave a slight nod and a grunt. "We'll have you back for now," he decided. "Don't give me a reason to regret this. I need to be confident in everyone at my side to be able to do what they're told when it counts. I will do what I can to make sure as many of you come home as possible. Do your part, and that'll make that goal much easier "

Angora smiled at the fact that they were going to have Icestorm again, though she hid behind Veris' wing just in case a simple smile offended Latnok. With him, nothing was certain. Still, she was very glad to have Icestorm on board again. He has been one of the very few beings on this ship who treated her decently from the very beginning.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#802 Posted: 16:10:30 25/11/2019 | Topic Creator
“You have my word.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#803 Posted: 22:35:56 25/11/2019
Quote:
Maverick went to the kitchen and prepared enough food for the crew, unable to help slipping some to Chester.
"Don't stuff yourself boy. You'll get your own breakfast." Maverick instructed, knowing Chester would be full before the real breakfast if he kept begging for more.

Chester ceased begging and patiently waited-- laying down and letting Maverick and Mischief talk without interruption.

-

Meanwhile in Latnok's cabin, Raclaw was just beginning to wake up. As the Fur dragon gently opened his eyes-- he could see that Latnok was nowhere to be seen nor Chester, although the later wasn't entirely surprising given the previous day. The little Beagle was no doubt still under the care of Maverick; the hybrid seemed fond of the little guy and vice versa. But as for Latnok.. had he overslept? He must have, although it didn't seem too late at least. He then figured that his human counterpart probably chose to let him sleep and went off to perform whatever duties he had for the day, mainly Icestorm for starters. "Don't worry-- you only slept past an hour. We all need our sleep.," a familiar voice said -- that of the now more illusive Damon. In any case, Raclaw was up now and would soon make his way into the hallways. He wasn't always completely successful at sticking to the admittingly at times early schedule of Latnok.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#804 Posted: 23:55:59 25/11/2019
Maverick still waited for the meals to be cooked, making sure Mischief didn't sneak a bite. He wanted food to be enjoyed and be ready, not just immediately swallowed like a certain wyvern tends to do. At least Chester looked like he was controlling his impulses, and trusted that when he arrived to the main deck, his friends would be there and he could safely return to them. He enjoyed having the little beagle, but believed he got too bored following him around without having too much time to play. He barely did that with Dahlia, which made him feel guilty enough. He had to keep his promise today, even if it meant asking for an early permission to be dismissed from his job.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“You have my word.” Icestorm said.

Angora listened contently, noticing that Icestorm was more calm than before. Hopefully, if Latnok along with the rest did saved his life yesterday, maybe he would finally control his impulses and be more obedient. Latnok also seemed to be willing to give him another chance, so this was an opportunity that couldn't possibly be missed.
---
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#805 Posted: 00:09:26 26/11/2019
Mischief shifted slightly, blushing. "Is it that obvious? Well, I'm not surprised, really... I'm almost drooling..." She leans on the nearest wall, gazing at nothing in particular. Finally her eyes fell on Chester, and she drew her staff. A brief murmured incantation, and she removed the gem with a grin before waving the staff itself to draw the beagle's attention. "Here, boy! Fetch!" She lightly tossed it a ways down the hallway, and watched for a reaction as she continued holding the gem.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#806 Posted: 00:30:22 26/11/2019
The orb, though it remained dormant, was not yet done with Angora...
"Do the others know you have been in direct contact with us?" the orb softly taunted her. "Do they know how much you've told us? Do you think they would be okay with it? Do you think they would trust you...?" The orb silently awaited a response from her...

"Good - I'm counting on it," Latnok answered. "Now get ready, we're having the morning briefing soon. After that, I need you training with everyone else for the fights ahead. You're dismissed." As soon as he finished with Icestorm, Latnok turned his gaze towards the wing Angora had moved behind.
"Angora. Get here," he ordered.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#807 Posted: 00:40:41 26/11/2019
Ever since retrieving the orb from below the bed, Angora placed it in her back pocket in hopes that it would drown the sound from the voice. The individual hasn't contacted her in a while, so she was hoping he would finally leave her alone. But he wasn't. The sound was faint, but still enough for her to listen. She was about to sneak out of that place to talk to him alone when Latnok called her. Perfect. Just perfect. He has been ignoring her all this time, and now that the orb was talking to her again, now he decides to call her. It was as if the whole world was conspiring against her.
"Yes sir?" she asked Latnok, pretending to scratch her back, but it was to try and bury the orb further into her pocket. She knew Latnok was going to flip if she found out about this. She wanted to beg the man from the orb to shut up while he talked, but how could she? If she used telepathy, there was no doubt Latnok was going to intercept it. When she talked to Latnok, she tried very hard not to hyperventilate...

Quote: darknessdawn
Mischief shifted slightly, blushing. "Is it that obvious? Well, I'm not surprised, really... I'm almost drooling..." She leans on the nearest wall, gazing at nothing in particular. Finally her eyes fell on Chester, and she drew her staff. A brief murmured incantation, and she removed the gem with a grin before waving the staff itself to draw the beagle's attention. "Here, boy! Fetch!" She lightly tossed it a ways down the hallway, and watched for a reaction as she continued holding the gem.

Maverick stopped them when he saw the gem almost falling in one of the frying pans.
"Cuidado! Don't play here. You may drop something." he warned, not wanting any of the precious food go to waste.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:02 26/11/2019 by Felines
#808 Posted: 00:43:04 26/11/2019
Quote:

Chester's head rose and his instincts soon took over-- causing the little Beagle to quickly give chase. Upon receiving the staff-turned-throwing-stick, he would return and drop it at Mischief's "feet" as he would to any normal human(oid). Although he was careful enough to avoid hitting anything.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:11 26/11/2019 by redwes
#809 Posted: 00:46:49 26/11/2019
Latnok gently knelt down to meet Angora at her level as best he could. "I heard about the work you put in yesterday," he said calmly. "Your actions saved lives. Keep up the good work - that's the sort of thing we need around here." Having said his piece, Latnok stood up to leave.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#810 Posted: 00:55:33 26/11/2019
Angora gave an awkward smile, one that lasted for less than a second. Latnok and compliment? It was too odd to put those two words in a sentence. So Latnok did heard about what she did yesterday. She was suppose to be happy, yet with the orb talking to her again, she was terrified. Once Latnok turned his back on her to leave, Angora hid below Veris, waiting for Latnok to be far away so that she could leave and talk to the orb quietly, and far from prying eyes. Why? Why wasn't she left alone? Now Angora was certain that Banewood was right. These people wanted her for something sinister, and wanted to find a way to make her go to them. Now what was she suppose to do? This had to stop!
---
#811 Posted: 00:56:08 26/11/2019
Meanwhile-- Raclaw set off towards a certain direction, his senses giving him at least a rough idea of where several familiar presenses were. Latnok, Angora, Darkheart, the mentally connected Veris, and the newly arrived Icestorm all showed up as being roughly.. in the stables? It made sense and didn't require much of a second guess for him to start heading that way and/or bumping into one of them along the way. Besides, it had been awhile since he had visited Veris..
---
#812 Posted: 00:59:16 26/11/2019
Mischief shifted position again. "Uh, apologies." She picked up the staff, and grins playfully at Chester. "We will continue this later." Reversing the previous incantation, she reattaches the magical orb to the staff and puts it away.
Darkheart blinked at Latnok's statement. That was unexpected, but the dragoness decided it was better to be pleasantly surprised.
---
#813 Posted: 01:08:59 26/11/2019
Unfortunately for Angora, the orb was not yet ready to relent. "They are warming up to you now... but how long will that last when they realize you've been speaking to us? Giving us information?" the orb continued to taunt. "Do you think the Ardent Guardians would still wish to have you aboard their ship if they were to find out that you were, wittingly or otherwise, informing on them? What about your friends? The dragolet may be obsequiously loyal... but how long do you think the hybrid would continue to support you, if his mate were to learn that you had a part to play in the very same bloodshed you sought to fix? Would your actions seem truly genuine... or just part of a cover to be blown?" The orb hummed faintly, waiting for a response.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#814 Posted: 01:15:06 26/11/2019
Chester relaxed and sat down next to Mischief-- looking up the 'humanoid yet animal'-like individual and allowing them to pet him if they wished.

Meanwhile, Raclaw soon made his way into the stables although he didn't immediately speak up.
---
#815 Posted: 03:31:41 26/11/2019
The meals were ready, and Maverick knew it would be too hard for Mischief and Chester to wait until the main deck, so he gave Chester his platter and told Mischief to choose one. He knew by know Mischief preferred fruits, which was quite the sight since someone of her appearance could easily be mistaken for a carnivore.

Quote: A Guy
Unfortunately for Angora, the orb was not yet ready to relent. "They are warming up to you now... but how long will that last when they realize you've been speaking to us? Giving us information?" the orb continued to taunt. "Do you think the Ardent Guardians would still wish to have you aboard their ship if they were to find out that you were, wittingly or otherwise, informing on them? What about your friends? The dragolet may be obsequiously loyal... but how long do you think the hybrid would continue to support you, if his mate were to learn that you had a part to play in the very same bloodshed you sought to fix? Would your actions seem truly genuine... or just part of a cover to be blown?" The orb hummed faintly, waiting for a response.

If Angora had the man in front of her, she would've strangled him by now. There was no room for doubt now. Everything Banewood said about them was true. They weren't the helpful, benevolent society they painted themselves as. All that kindness; Shepherd's kindness, it was all a facade. She couldn't talk there with Darkheart and Veris present.

She left the enclosure without saying goodbye or even looking at them, and went as downstairs as she could into a dark corner so she continued talking.
"Why are you doing this!? Why can't you just leave me alone?" Angora asked, grasping the orb very tightly as she found a way to counterattack his argument.
"Why should they believe you? After all you have done? It's not like I ordered that attack! You did! You alone! And now you're seeking to bring them against me! Of course, I just had to be too stupid to believe you, a perfect stranger, was really interesting in my happiness! Only Shade and Maverick ever truly wanted that! But you, you cruelly used my misery to fool me! To make me believe someone like you could really help me with all of this predicament!" Angora said furiously, crying tears of pure anger. It was an embarrassment how she left her sadness and desperation be a victim of deceive. But even if she didn't think, or didn't want to think Sere (and maybe Latnok) would believe him, she knew he could try to lie and deceive them into thinking Angora had been really betraying her. She had to do something to stop this madman, but she didn't know yet what. She put her brain to work. This had to have a solution. Things were going well with them. She couldn't let this fiend made everything crumble...
---
#816 Posted: 03:47:17 26/11/2019
"You betrayed us, Angora," the voice responded accusingly. "We had cooperated so well until yesterday... and you turned on us. Betraying your brothers and sisters is a truly heinous crime - and we will suffer no traitor to walk free. Unfortunately for you... all the information the others will need to make their judgment is available. We need not tell the others - we need simply show them all the right pieces. Our faith is unbreakable - but what about yours? How much faith do you have in your fellow comrades to stay by your side?" Though seemingly a rhetorical question, the orb once again paused as it glowed faintly, awaiting a response.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#817 Posted: 04:05:18 26/11/2019
Angora felt like her entire world was going to shatter right below her feet. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Finally, the service she did yesterday seemed to be her ticket for the respect and kindness she seeked for so long, especially from Latnok, and this individual whom she once trusted was threatening to blow it all away. She wanted to believe that he was only bluffing, and that he didn't have the supposed pieces, but she has seen enough to know this society was capable of many practically impossible feats, so it could be the truth.
"Betray? How DARE you said I betrayed YOU? You wanted to kill everyone here, including my friends! And by sending those disgusting monsters to do the dirty work for you! Is what what your brothers and sisters do? Murder the ones close to others to submit them to obedience?" Angora said accusingly too, never seeing such a dastard amount of hypocrisy. It was then that she realized the real reason behind the test she was given. It was all clear now. That test was all a trick. They wanted the orb, just so they could transform it into a communicator and keep manipulating her. If it wasn't for Banewood, she would've followed instructions, and she would've brought Maverick and herself to their place. She dreaded to think what would've been done to them if they had arrived...

Meanwhile, Maverick began distributing the food around the ship using the usual bell attacked to the cart, blissfully unaware of the horrendous predicament his beloved Angora was going through...
---
#818 Posted: 04:18:12 26/11/2019
The personality behind the orb remained unreadable, besides the somewhat taunting tone they were taking. "We seek to create a better world for future generations to come. In order to fulfill that, sacrifices must be made. You chose to side with the Demon - a slave to the current world order - and fight us, instead of embracing progress. But the future will not wait for you to be ready - if you will not flow with it, you will be swept into the tide.
"Therefore, we offer you this choice - leave this ship and seek us, and you may earn the opportunity to show penitence and redeem yourself. Otherwise, everyone will know the truth you would prefer they not hear - and you may take your chances with them, and see if they are still friendly with you - if you aren't made an example of by the Ardent Guardians, or the Aelinon special agent."
The orb hummed ever ominously, waiting for the next response...
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:56 26/11/2019 by A Guy
#819 Posted: 04:24:08 26/11/2019
Mischief gave Chester a few affectionate scritches as she enjoyed her meal, primarily fruit with a few other sweet things. She sighed contentedly at the flavor... A voice in the back of her mind pestered her about having just left Angora, but she pushed it aside, reasoning she hadn't been gone too long and that nobody was dumb enough to attack a crew member on board the ship. Besides, she was hungry.
Darkheart quietly watched Angora leave, eyes displaying concern.
---
#820 Posted: 04:41:20 26/11/2019
Angora couldn't take it anymore. She didn't want to hear any more of it. Who was this demon? It didn't matter. The word sacrifice is what gave away how twisted their ideal was. Since when one have to resort to muder to make anything better? But that wasn't the only issue. It wasn't the fact that they wanted to sacrifice people, many who weren't even criminals. It's the ones they tried to kill. Those giant bugs were sent to kill many, if not everyone on board the ship, including her beloved friends. Maverick in particular, people like him made the world a better place. There was no need to eliminate him. If they were willing to erase such a sweet soul from this otherwise harsh world, it showed how crazy they truly was. True, they instructed her to bring Maverick along... but not Shade. And Ilasi wasn't mentioned either. What kind of friend would she be if she had brought Maverick to them without his beloved girlfriend, what's worse, to leave her there while an attack was about to take place?

It was a very hard decision. Even if there was a slight chance of the Guardians believing her innocence, she knew they could go as far as to manipulate Aelinon itself, and since she was already sentenced once, if she was sentenced again for a crime that was supposeldly real, it was likely going to be certain death.
"You... you are crazy! That is your idea of a better world!? The Guardians are harsh, but they are intelligent. They will have to figure out your trap eventually. I swear if you dare harm my friends, I'll find a way to make you suffer the way you are doing to me now!" Angora said, crying again, both of fury and sadness. If she turned herself in, she could be a key to their objective. Banewood said that they wanted to use her due to her connection to Orion, so if she deliver herself to them, all she was doing was practically letting them have things their way. And everything Banewood has said about them was true, so there was no reason for her to believe that part of his explanation was a lie.

As Angora finished those words, she went upstairs, navigating the hallways like crazy to find an open cabin with a window. The orb has brought her enough suffering. She had to get rid of it. It was going to be painful, since that orb had mysteriously saved her many times in the past, but now, it was a cruel object of manipulation and torture. And it was her fault this dear, pretty sphere was like that...
---
#821 Posted: 05:47:47 26/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm noded and followed Latnok to the deck. He saw Raclaw and stopped for a moment. “Hey Raclaw. It’s good to see you again.”
---
SC
#822 Posted: 20:33:11 26/11/2019
After finding an unoccupied cabin with the door half open and a window, Angora entered, and extended her arm in order to throw the torturing sphere far away into the ocean where it could sink and finally leave her alone. It was so hard. This sphere saved her life many times, and always found herself to her whenever it was lost. Now it was the object of great misery for her. She was prepared to throw it to the ocean... but she hesitated. She couldn't. Was it because the orb had too many sentimental values for her? Could be... but, if she threw the orb away, she wouldn't have any evidence to back her up when the questioning began. But if she kept the orb, it could be taken the wrong way. What should she do? Angora was usually a quick thinker, but this stranger has backed her away into a corner. Maybe she should just come clean and tell Sere about the orb... but what if that's what the stranger wanted? Even if she confessed, she still could face a horrible punishment, regardless of whether Sere was warming up to her or not. It was then that she decided to go to the only person who knew the truth. The only one whom she ever confessed to.

In a desperate attempt, Angora locked the orb in one of the drawers of the cabins and put that drawer below the bed, trusting nobody would have any need to be so below the ship, even less in that particular cabin. Most of the lowest cabins were empty, especially ever since the penultimate insect attack that claimed the lives of many sailors. Those who were staying in the lower cabins moved to the vacant ones above so they could be closer to the main deck whenever Sere made his announcements.

Now that the orb was put away, she trusted that the stranger wasn't going to be able to contact and torture her anymore. He could send one of his messengers like last time to contact her telepathically, but after the attack yesterday, chances were that Sere had a much higher guard than before. With that taken care of, Angora went to find the only person she believed could help her with this new predicament; Banewood...
---
#823 Posted: 22:38:08 26/11/2019
Back on deck, Sere rang the assembly bell, with Latnok taking his side soon afterwards. Sailors began to pour out and assemble as they grabbed the breakfast being distributed by Maverick. Ilasi hung out in the back, being one of the last to get to the assembly but not being too late.
Sere raised a hand to get silence. "Good morning, fellow sailors!" he called out. "We have endured a hard battle - and we are, for the most part, still here in one piece. May our fallen warriors not be forgotten - the enemy certainly will remember what they did when we strike back."
The general tone of the assembly became more hopeful and motivated as SEr continued his speech. "We have endured many hardships already - but have always come out on top. BUt we won't be content to just keep surviving - we will find and destroy this enemy, and we will take from them a most valuable treasure - the Scepter of Storms."
Slight murmurs could be heard among the assembly as Sere mentioned the artifact. "We have learned that it is in our enemy's possession - and that is the source of the endless storm in this place. This artifact is in the possession of one of their leaders, and its power is being directed by an artifact known as the Void Locator. We intend to disable the latter artifact, and will, eventually, have a chance to take the Scepter. Such a feat would naturaly be greatly rewarded.
"We still have important matters to eal with, however. The Ishulgites are beginning to drop all pretext of subtlety. We will likely not be able to make our next strike at them from this island - we will return to Mercenary Island, where it is very likely we will meet them again. I will need you all to be as prepared as possible for such an encounter. And speaking of operations on this island... we happened to find someone while we were in their base last night. Please welcome Icestorm again." Sere beckoned to Icestorm to come up to the front of the assembly to be recognized by the others.
---
I'm just... a guy...
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#824 Posted: 23:06:51 26/11/2019
Quote: Felines
Huntress felt like she was being backed into a corner. She wanted information, but it looked like she was going to be forced to trust these people if she ever hoped for progress. She didn't like the fact that they knew she tried to track Blue once, and as much as it pained her, it would make sense that such action made her a bigger target.
"I really, REALLY need to see him. As you know by now, this is a matter of life and death." she reaffirmed, wondering why so many questions. Her life had been threatened. Wasn't that urgent enough? Her life was fantastic until that idiot Dex showed up in her life...

The man that had left earlier came back again ”It is Okey” he said and The Dwarf nodded. ”Very Well then. If he is ready to see you then it is not my place to argue. Please follow me”. He said

They took stairs down to the basement, which was normally used to store food and drinks from the Bar. It looked pretty much the same, but there was one table with few chairs and a large mirror. Next to the mirror there was one man and one woman. They where clearly doing something magical with the mirror. ” This will take few minutes so please sit down.” The Dwarf said.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#825 Posted: 23:36:24 26/11/2019
Angora was somewhat glad to have been early in one of these meeting for once, but it has been just a coincidence. With many reunited however, it was hard to find anybody in the mess, even if it was someone who was quite tall like Banewood. With the orb statched away,mother mind torture could finally cease, at least for the time being. She was certain the fiend would find another way to contact her. The man, or whatever he was, just seemed too determined to get her, and it scared her. Sere once again, didn't mention her actions in the announcement, and this time, she couldn't be more glad for it. Since she couldn't find Banewood, she did one thing she rarely did; ask around. But the sailors' answers varied. Some supposedly saw him leave the ship, but others said he was still there... somewhere on the main deck. A few others just shushed her, not wanting to be interrupted from Sere's announcement.

With the ambiguous answers, Angora decided to take matters into her own hands, and climbing the mast for a better view, she finally managed to spot Banewood. His appearance was impossible to mistake. She wanted to wait until the meeting was over, but she was desperate. She navigated herself through the maze of sailors, encountering Maverick along the way.
"Hola Angorita. Buenos dias. How is the little heroine today?" Maverick asked, wanting to raise her spirit, but not even he was enough to cheer her up this time. She wanted to find Banewood, but knew Maverick would be offended if she didn't take one of his meals. Plus she was hungry, and there was no way she would waste one of Maverick's platters, or let anyone take it. Choosing something, she bid farewell to Maverick as he continued distributing the cart, navigating through the crowd more carefully to avoid spills. But as she ate, all she could think of is how Banewood could help her. If he couldn't, she didn't have a plan B yet...

Quote: cyndego
The man that had left earlier came back again ”It is Okey” he said and The Dwarf nodded. ”Very Well then. If he is ready to see you then it is not my place to argue. Please follow me”. He said

They took stairs down to the basement, which was normally used to store food and drinks from the Bar. It looked pretty much the same, but there was one table with few chairs and a large mirror. Next to the mirror there was one man and one woman. They where clearly doing something magical with the mirror. ” This will take few minutes so please sit down.” The Dwarf said.

Huntress rolled her eyes to avoid groaning, hating to wait. But as she did, she started pondering how to address to Dex. She had to think of something to prevent herself from strangling him once she sees him...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:11 26/11/2019 by Felines
#826 Posted: 00:02:47 27/11/2019
Mischief hurriedly arrived on deck at the assembly bell. Her claws flexed slightly, gripping the strap to her bag. Listening to the speech, she took note of Icestorm after. Then she hurriedly hunted down Angora to greet her. "Miss Angora! I wanted to make sure you're okay..." She lowered her head, mane swaying slightly. She could tell Angora was stressed. "Is something wrong?"
Darkheart also showed up, naturally, but remained quiet and didn't even pay all that much attention. Her mind was elsewhere, specifically on Raclaw. Surely he was somewhere in this mess, but between her typical slouch and the crowd she wasn't sure of WHERE.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#827 Posted: 00:18:42 27/11/2019
After few minutes the mirror started to look like somekind of portal. And Dex came through it and shook his head ”I will never get used to these portals” He said then turning to the two who made the portal work at the blackmarkets end ”Thank you” He simply said. ” Anytime leader” the two answered.

The Dwarf walked to Dex ” How are those portals working?” He asked. ”Better but they still the way too much energy out of our sorcerers to be used on larger groups, the main group is working on it back at the headquaters, and because more magic users are joining they might be able to make this system even more effective.” Dex anwered and saw Huntress. ”Lets talk about that later” he continued. And started to walk towards The Huntress the Dwarf closely behind him.

The elf was close behind Huntress it was clear that once he saw Dex She started to be very uneasy.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#828 Posted: 06:34:58 27/11/2019
As Sere made his announcement and Icestorm took his place-- Raclaw silently took his own place alongside Latnok and offered a gentle encouraging smile to the dwarf kaiju. Chester soon joined the duo, having followed Mischief ondeck and incidentally passing by Darkheart with Raclaw/Latnok being his clear destination. "Hey buddy. Did you enjoy your time with Maverick?," Raclaw asked as Chester ran up his tail and jumped on top of his head. "Oh yes!," the furry companion responded as he quickly recited some of the details. Not that far away, Risar was pleased to see that the trio become whole again. A couple crew members elsewhere in the crowd were having a brief conversation about how adorably cute Beagles were.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:26:26 27/11/2019 by redwes
#829 Posted: 06:59:24 27/11/2019 | Topic Creator
Icestorm then came up and went next to Sere. “I owe my life to the captain and the others who saved mine. I hope to repay this by working alongside you again.” He said as he sat down,
---
SC
#830 Posted: 12:21:07 27/11/2019
Finally, Dex showed his face. And as promised, Huntress contained her need to strange him. She was still too proud to admit that her pursuing Blue for a while might've been the reason why she was being targeted, but still, if she hadn't met Dex and had told her about him in the first place, none of this would've happened.
"So... how do I start? Oh yeah, what were these men doing, in the border, right under the noses of Aelinonian soldiers, TRYING TO MURDER ME!?" Huntress asked, shouting those last words. Dex had so much explaining to do. Somehow, she had to stop being a target. She didn't intend to spend the rest of her life avoiding some crazy cult out to kill her.

Quote: darknessdawn
Mischief hurriedly arrived on deck at the assembly bell. Her claws flexed slightly, gripping the strap to her bag. Listening to the speech, she took note of Icestorm after. Then she hurriedly hunted down Angora to greet her. "Miss Angora! I wanted to make sure you're okay..." She lowered her head, mane swaying slightly. She could tell Angora was stressed. "Is something wrong?"

Angora wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody that wasn't Banewood, even less explain herself.
"All fine Mischief. Have you eaten? Maverick just went over there." she commented, not wanting Mischief to see what she wanted to do. She had to bring Banewood somewhere to talk privately. But as she thought on how to do it, she was also very glad that Icestorm was welcomed into the ship again. He did deserved that chance, but she started to wonder if it was such a good idea having him here with the ship being practically at war with those madmen. Better there than in their clutches. She didn't heard much of Sere's announcement, but heard some of it, particularly about what was causing the storms that always seemed to plague this archipelago. This Scepter of Storms. She didn't know if Shepherd mentioned it once, but likely didn't. Why told her about it? She also heard about a reward for getting it, but it was just too dangerous. She wasn't going to try, plus the reward was likely not worth it. Still, it irates her how they would use such a cowardly method to trap the archipelago's inhabitants, or on many cases kill the passing sailors.
---
#831 Posted: 14:06:32 27/11/2019
Banewood remained off to the side of the assembly, not standing in with everyone else. He watched, his thoughts and feelings on the matter completely unreadable.
With Icestorm having said his piece, Sere continued on. Needless to say, think twice before involving yourself with the Ishulgites. Today, it might be you - but if the wrong person gets involved, at the wrong time, that could be all the advantage they need to seriously hurt us. Besides that, keep up the good work. You are all dismissed."
The sailors all went about their way in the usual fashion. Leoquin remained on deck, and Ilasi began to tend to her water purification duties.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#832 Posted: 14:44:06 27/11/2019
Since she didn't pay much attention to Sere's first message, Angora made sure to listen to the next bit... and it was beyond alarming. It was as if Sere was referring to her. Did he know? Suspected something? The one from the orb said he and Latnok would place some pieces together and that it would lead to her, and a possible punishment. Was it already starting? Why would Sere say that?

Angora wanted to believe it was nothing but paranoia, and that the orb said that to get on her nerves, but the risk was too much. What if it was true? What if her worry wasn't simple paranoia? Angora gobbled up Maverick's breakfast, barely chewing it. It made her feel rather guilty since his meals were made to be enjoyed as much as possible, but this matter was urgent. Now that everyone scattered, she had enough space to approach him. She instructed Mischief to not follow her.
"Sir? Can we please talk? In private? Please, this... it's very important." Angora begged, almost on her knees. If someone had the most knowledge about the Ishulgites, it was Banewood, who apparently has had close encounters with them, especially if Sere was willing to go with him yesterday to learn more about them. It was nothing short of a miracle they managed to arrive the precise moment Icestorm was about to be sacrificed. Talk about being at the right place at the right time. But now they wanted her, and whatever decision she took, all angles seemed like it was all a matter of life and death. She believed Banewood was her best chance now...
---
#833 Posted: 22:01:53 27/11/2019
Darkheart rubbed affectionately against Raclaw, crooning happily.
Mischief nodded at Angora's question. When Angora went to speak with Banewood, the Zoroark got a strange look in her eyes, which for a moment turned golden. Why can't I help her? It's strange that she suddenly be secretive... Don't YOU start making accusations! Why would I? She's one of THREE people who are just fine with who we are. I'm more worried. Something we can agree on. I sense magick near her, perhaps that's the culprit? Unless she cooperates, we'll never know. I don't seem to be able to get anyone to open up to ME... A low growl of utter frustration became audible as she turned away and wandered trying to ignore her growing worry.
---
#834 Posted: 22:25:19 27/11/2019
Maverick continued distributing the remaining of the cart, giving everyone, including Latnok, Raclaw and Sere their meals. It was practically empty by now. Most of the remaining trip was so that the sailors could put the empty platters back in the cart to be taken to the kitchen. Now that everyone was scattered, he could see from the distance Angora talking to Banewood. Why him of all people? She was usually wary of strangers. Perhaps she was more open to people now? Even so, he wasn't going to question her and decided to let her make the first move like she usually did. As he moved the cart around, he noticed Mischief. He wasn't so worried about her new appearance anymore.
"Hola there. There isn't much left, but you can take seconds..." Maverick said kindly, but noticed the tension around.
"Something wrong? Que pasa? You look... pensive." he commented, not knowing Mischief very well, but observing that something might be troubling her. Perhaps still getting used to the new transformation?
---
#835 Posted: 23:34:25 27/11/2019
Banewood's wooden face turned to Angora, his expression being difficult to make out beneath it. "If you need me, I can speak with you," he said. "Let's go; you can explain to me the issue once we get somewhere else."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#836 Posted: 23:55:24 27/11/2019
Angora was very relieved that he was willing to talk, but knew she wasn't out of the woods yet. She asked him to follow her to go somewhere private. Angora lead Banewood below the ship, a few floors below where her own cabin was. Once she made sure nobody was around, she proceeded to explain everything to him. From how the individual to the orb practically called her friends a burden to the recent taunting and threat.
"I know I was naive and stupid to believe they wanted to help me. I know that now and I'm ashamed of it. What should I do now? Please, you have to help me! I don't know who else to turn to. They still insist I go to the island, but... why? What will they do to me? I can't involve my friends with such a humongous problem! They don't deserve it. And if this... man managed to convince the Guardians I somehow betrayed them..." Angora stopped, unable to think what they would do to her if they went under the impression that she has been trying to backstab them... although it was probably going to be less worse than what this society had in store for her. Yesterday's attack was only the beginning...
---
#837 Posted: 01:25:13 28/11/2019
Banewood raised his head in a moment of contemplation. "You most definitely should not go with them - that would be the worst possible outcome for all of us. Though you worry they plan to convince the Guardians of your disloyalty? Something tells me the Ishulgites won't just walk up and tell Godfather Sere that you betrayed them, and expect him to take their word for it. Such a plan would require something more clever - unless you've actually done something that could reasonably be interpreted as betrayal, I would say you should be safe on the ship."
Banewood ominously paused a beat as his head shifted back. "Did you actually do anything to help them? Sabotage, inform, anything of the sort?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#838 Posted: 01:53:01 28/11/2019
Angora thought very hard about the question, but she couldn't recall anything that would be outright betrayal... except...
"I never said anything about weaknesses or anything of the sort. None that... I remember. I just... vented with them and... and they promised me a better life, with Shady included. You know, the black dragon." Angora confessed, knowing that if they have come through, it would mean Shade would be released and free of whatever punishment he had left for all of those deaths. Right now, most of her mind was in blanc. Besides that, she couldn't remember anything serious enough to consider a betrayal, just some venting and the occasional badmouthing. But was there anything more serious than what she remembered? She just couldn't recall every conversation. Still, she had been fraternizing with a very dangerous enemy, even if she didn't know it at that time. That in itself could be considered a betrayal.

She then thought about the other thing Banewood said.
"He did say he wouldn't tell him anything, but... that there are some puzzle pieces Sere will find that would implicate my betrayal. I don't know. Maybe... maybe I should just come clean and tell the captain everything before things get worse. I just hope... he listens and believes me. Oh, but what if that's what he wants? What if I just make things worse? What is he gonna do to me? I... I know you don't have to help me, so I'm sorry if I'm placing all of this in your shoulders... but... you're the one who know the most about this society and... his plans..." Angora said, apologizing for involving Banewood in all of this. She was grateful enough that he was listening and taking some time for her, but above all, not being mean or criticizing to her.
---
#839 Posted: 03:33:54 28/11/2019
"First, we have to sort out - how are they contacting you? Is it through one of their masterminds, or through a device?" Banewood asked, having locked onto a train of thought. "If through a device, they may be able to pick up details of the environment through it - or, with the Void Locator, possibly track it if it has a specific magical signature that's easily discernible. In such a case ,disposal would likely be necessary.
"As for your decision... I am the last person who should judge others for their choices. I've sacrificed principles I once held dear in the name of seeking something better... how foolish I was. If you need my assistance in any capacity, I will be happy to offer it to you, though Godfather Sere would naturally be the judge of your place aboard here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#840 Posted: 03:55:44 28/11/2019
Angora slapped the front of her face, knowing that the orb was a communicator, but it never occurred to her it could also be a tracking device. Now the attack made her feel even more guilty. Perhaps that's how they knew their position. It was the perfect death trap.
"They... they contacted me... through an orb..." Angora confessed, telling Banewood to wait right there. The cabin where she hid the orb was very close, so she went to get it.

It took her less than a minute to retrieve the orb, and she hesitated a lot. She believed that the minute she grabbed it, she would be taunted again, so she hid it in her back pocket again to once again try to drown out whatever sound came from it.
"This... this thing. Is what they used. This orb saved me many times... but... I foolishly gave it to them when they helped me with Shady. They kept their promise, and that... made me trust them." she told Banewood, showing him the orb. As much as it pained her, she knew she had to get rid of it once and for all. Nostalgia aside, it was too dangerous now...
---
#841 Posted: 05:00:26 28/11/2019
"Pardon me, let me see that for a moment." Banewood gently took the orb from Angora's hands, focusing on it and putting his ear to it. He would continue with this for two minutes before he was done.
"It would seem the communication and relay effect is just one of many things such a device is capable of," he noted, as he handed the orb back to Angora. "It also has a different 'feel' to it... pardon me. I've experimented with many types of magic, and can identify similar and different magic... the orb is mostly comprised of magic I have never felt before. The communication - and the tracking - relies on a divination component to enable either party to be aware of the other, and to give off a specific magical signature that could reasonably be discerned by one who is looking for it. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the specifics of divination is rather limited. Someone who is more familiar with divination magic than myself may be able to negate just that spell, leaving the device functional in all other aspects. Godfather Sere might know some things... but that would involve an explanation to him." Banewood paused, looking up again deep in contemplation.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#842 Posted: 05:30:32 28/11/2019
Now that Banewood said his part, it was time for the moment she feared the most. She would have to tell Sere everything. Even if Banewood had known the orb's true nature, Sere would have to find out eventually. How could she keep a secret like this? Even if a severe punishment was on it's way, Sere was powerful, and the big boss of this expedition. He had to be aware of what was going on, and maybe then, they would have a better chance. She was terrified on what would happen to her if Sere consider her interactions and secrecy a betrayal.
"This is it, huh? I... have to tell him. Oh, but..." Angora said, knowing that if she did, the respect and treatment she fought so hard to achieve was likely going to be erased in a matter of seconds. But what else could she do? If the one from the orb was right and the puzzle was put together, it was probably going to be worst for her if they found out rather than if she confessed. Perhaps a confession would harbor a less severe punishment? They couldn't banish her or that would put her in the hands of the society. Perhaps more time in the brig, or something more severe like being put to death?

She sweated as she thought of the possible punishments, but it couldn't be worse than what the society was planning for her.
"I'll I'll tell him. I... I'm not very sure about this, but... it's for the best, I guess. Just please, help me explain it to them. Be there with me." Angora pleaded, not wanting to be alone when she confessed, and she didn't want to place dear Maverick under this stress. Mischief had to be out of it as well.

Before Banewood could answer however, she had one more thing to ask. She wasn't certain if he would be willing to go with her, so there was something else she had to know. She statched the orb in the back pocket again and spoke in a low voice.
"These people... what... what will they do to me if... they had me?" she asked, certain she didn't want to hear the answer, but just the same needing to know what she was facing.
---
#843 Posted: 06:00:00 28/11/2019
Banewood gave a shrug, and the wooden portions of him creaked. "They would likely keep you locked up, drawing what they need from you as necessary," he answered matter-of-factly. "They might attempt to use you in an effort to goad Orion into appearing - they are well-prepared to draw power from his very presence, and such a thing would likely drastically accelerate their goals. Other than that, they may attempt to persuade you while they are keeping you held."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#844 Posted: 06:19:02 28/11/2019
Angora lowered her ears, not very shocked by the answer but understood why it would be a matter of great concern. Typical. More imprisonment. That just seemed to be happening to her a lot lately. If they had the methods of drawing power from the big Orion himself, then things were severe indeed. She couldn't let them capture her.
"Ok. Ok... um... I just... need a little time to prepare myself. I want to believe Sere, the captain, will take it easy on me, but he and Latnok, they have been very hard on me in the past, and... well, you know." Angora said, believing there was no need to continue since the rest was quite self explanatory.

The little troll started to leave. She didn't know if Banewood would follow her and be there with her, but that was his decision. This was her problem, not his, so it was really cool of his part to take so much of his time for her. She knew she was trusting another stranger, and given what happened to the last one, it didn't seem like a good idea. But Sere trusted him yesterday. He helped bring Icestorm alive with them, and what's more, none of what he said to her before turned out to be a lie. That was good enough reason to trust him. As she walked, the orb still in her pocket, she spoke with Neo, certain he would answer if it was a matter as urgent as this.
"I'm sorry Neo. I really messed up. I'm not sure what Sere will do to me... to us, if he finds out what is going on. This thing, this orb, if it turns out to be a tracker as well, it means that... yesterday's attack..." Anglra stated, her chest hurting from the implication. She was starting to think Orion made a mistake in choosing her. She managed to defeat Darmatter, but the road forward has been almost nothing but mishaps. Why Neo never warned her about the orb? Was it because he too was also fooled by the promises of happiness? He barely contacted her, and rarely enhanced her magic, but Angora thought it was because his powers weren't the same as before.
---
#845 Posted: 07:08:17 28/11/2019 | Topic Creator
“You didn’t know the orb was cable of this. Like you said you never gave secrets or information that would help them. You only talked to it and vented. If you explain what Bainwood told you I’m sure they will understand. Plus with the truth already out and you being especially close to Orion Sere wouldn’t take the chance of giving the enemy more knowledge in taking us down or worse Orion himself.” Neo said.
---
SC
#846 Posted: 07:14:26 28/11/2019
Quote:
Darkheart rubbed affectionately against Raclaw, crooning happily.

"Hey my love...," Raclaw said in a gentle-and-sweet tone; the full 'family' was now complete again and he couldn't be any happier. "Morning Darkheart!," Chester barked in a happy tone as he jumped down from on top of his larger 'sibling.' Part of Raclaw's thoughts wandered asto what sort of activities or training exercises he, Latnok, and Darkheart could possibly partake so asto better synchronize as a team. Just how could they possibly combine all of their talents to create new battle tactics, etc? Risar, meanwhile, offered a polite nod upon Darkheart's arrival on deck as she passed by.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:16:53 28/11/2019 by redwes
#847 Posted: 18:39:27 28/11/2019
Mischief was on the verge of lashing out with how stressed she was. "Maverick, it's not that... Angora's in trouble, I can feel it, but she won't let us - I mean, me - help her. I feel like I'm the only being NOBODY trusts... Worse, though, I sense magick afoot, and I suspect a connection... What can I do to help one who won't accept help?!" She was in tears now. Her eyes began flickering again. "What's the point in our presence... If we can't protect the ones we love?!" Strained beyond belief, she struggled not to lash out or run away. She had to confront Latnok, and she needed to try to protect Angora, whether the troll accepted it or not. "I'm not going to let her be alone in whatever she's trying to do... I'll protect her... I have to or I'll finally break." The vixen's mind was already under enough strain.
Darkheart affectionately cuddled up further. "You know, it's hard to tell who's more lovable, you or your dog. A dragon and his dog, that sounds like a book. I sometimes wish I could understand the animals properly. Out of all the languages, that's one I've never learned. So I'm left wondering what they're saying when they howl or bark or meow or... Stopping now." She pressed her forehead to Raclaw's, a greeting she shared with canines. "I'm still not used to saying this... But I love you Raclaw."
---
#848 Posted: 19:21:25 28/11/2019
"It's-- it's a special talent. I could teach you.. perhaps.," Raclaw said as Darkheart began to cuddle up. Was it possible to somehow share that ability with her? Latnok only shared the ability because of the collar and because of their enhanced bond, but perhaps a similar bond could be formed with Darkheart sans collar? As the two pressed foreheads-- Raclaw's happiness only increased. "I.. I love you too. And we'll have a lifetime to get used to saying that.," the mated Fur Dragon then said with a gentle smile.
---
#849 Posted: 20:15:19 28/11/2019
Banewood would have no problem following along with Angora. Sere would be situated in his office at that moment, drafting possible scenarios and how to deal with them.

Latnok just looked along as Raclaw and Darkheart shared their affections for each other. He was wholly unused to such matters, though he could, through Raclaw, somewhat understand the feelings that were being shared. He decied not to say anything yet - his commentary didn't seem particularly necessary.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#850 Posted: 20:47:20 28/11/2019
Darkheart blushed, quite vividly. "I'd love to learn. It would be truly fascinating, I'm sure... And I could sit through anything for you anyway... We'll a couple centuries at the minimum, I'm sure. Dragons are immortal, at least in theory. I would know." Her tail swayed softly, as she tried to hide her newfound shyness. Why couldn't she stop blushing? Why was breathing suddenly so hard, as her throat tightened? And why was it nearly impossible when the two were apart? She nestled her head against her beloved, knowing full well the answer. It was love.
---
First | Previous | Page 17 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me