Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > A Follow-up on my Open Letter/New wave of moderators(New admins too?)
Page 1 of 1
A Follow-up on my Open Letter/New wave of moderators(New admins too?)
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 17:54:39 08/07/2019 | Topic Creator
This is sort of a follow up to the Open Letter I made a while back since that topic seems to be falling out now just because it's older and not exactly "in the moment" anymore. So on that note, I'd like to ask if there's any updates when it comes to mods being global across the whole site and their tools to ban users along with suspend them?

Now this is the reason I decide to make a new topic instead of updating the original one, because this was a goal that I had with the Open Letter that at this rate deserves its own topic entirely to address: Updating the mod team. With Trix Master recently retiring from the position, I think darkSpyro is in need of a fresh reset of moderators on the site that can be global as well as hiring brand new ones altogether. While I don't explore the Spyro and Skylander boards that much anymore, to my knowledge to only mods that are regularly active here in the community are paris, JCW, and maybe Samius. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong on that, but nonetheless I think we still really need some new people to help with moderation here and for the mod team in general to be updated.

Lastly, I want to ask about the potential and likelihood of having new administrators on the site. I think it would be incredibly helpful for the site if we have more than one person running the site itself and helping things stay fresh. There's a lot of archaic things about darkSpyro and how it's formatted, so bringing in new people to help freshen up the site itself would really go a long way. One person can only do so much running a site this big, and this would prevent the site from going down under at any point in the (hopefully unlikely)event that something happens to dark52. The discord and skype groups can only do so much keeping the community together when this forum is the main hub where all of us talk and connect.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:11:29 08/07/2019 by pankakesparx456
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 18:05:09 08/07/2019
A few new mods could be nice even if the current ones are all global. As people get older the schedules get tighter, even if they're still mods it's good to have more people to cover more timezones.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#3 Posted: 18:43:12 08/07/2019
I am intending to run a new mod application sometime next month. I just want to wait to do that until I've finished the modifications to the mods' abilities so they can also moderate comments and guestbooks.

Edit: Sorry, it's taking a little longer than I expected, will be another couple of weeks.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:11 31/08/2019 by dark52
#4 Posted: 19:02:02 08/07/2019
Yes, that will be the case.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#5 Posted: 20:14:03 08/07/2019
Good to see Dark52 is listening to our comments and communitys. But like Sesshomaru75 says I would have to agree that multiple mods will have to agree to permanently ban a user if it does come to the point.
---
SC
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#6 Posted: 07:04:45 31/10/2019
I would like to check in on this as well. At the time of writing, it's just barely October 31st. November is literally a single day away. According to your last edit on August 31st, Dark, you said it was taking longer than expected, and that it would be another couple of weeks. It's been two full months.

I, and probably the rest of the dS community, just want some transparent status updates. How much longer will we need to wait before these changes go into effect? When will mod applications go up? I'm not even really asking for an exact date, I just want a better timeframe.
#7 Posted: 13:06:22 31/10/2019
Yeah, I'm really sorry about the stupid long delay, it's been difficult finding the time to sit down and finish this all off. I think I'll have to switch it around if we're going to get any part of this done any time soon, I'll start the mod applications tomorrow and try to get the other stuff finished while that runs.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me