Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Lucid Dreaming
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 20:36:14 22/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Has anyone tried this? Any tips on how to achieve lucidity? I've heard reality checks and dream journals help a lot.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#2 Posted: 21:03:02 22/04/2019
those tips and looking at stuff like clocks, mirrors, or even your hands can help you since they are weird in dreams
#3 Posted: 22:02:19 22/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Big Green
those tips and looking at stuff like clocks, mirrors, or even your hands can help you since they are weird in dreams

I remember seeing this in the last dream topic, thank you. It's helped me a little. I haven't managed to reach full lucidity but I have felt more conscious than usual.
#4 Posted: 19:47:34 23/04/2019 | Topic Creator
My dream last night was kinda underwhelming. I barely managed to achieve any lucidity, maybe 'cause I was watching a movie most of the dream. Any more tips?
#5 Posted: 23:00:43 23/04/2019
Make sure you write everything you remember from that dream down. I feel I have more lucid dreams or at least remember dreams better the night after I wrote down a previous dream.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#6 Posted: 23:15:41 23/04/2019
my biggest thing that helped me was practice. im pretty good at lucid dreaming just from casually practicing it, it took several years so its not a reliable or overly satisfying method but it does work.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#7 Posted: 00:15:31 24/04/2019
when i was 13 or so i kept repeating "i will have a lucid dream tonight" as i was trying to fall asleep. i dont know how or why but saying that gave me all these weird sensations. i also kept a dream journal. i had a couple dreams where i was aware from doing that but i couldn't control it. but because of trying i would have sleep paralysis every time i fell asleep for a couple years. i don't have it so often anymore but i know it was triggered from trying to have lucid dreams. i've never been able to achieve a full lucid dream where i had control. only sleep paralysis
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#8 Posted: 00:27:12 24/04/2019
Want to know some neat tricks to try while lucid dreaming? Here are some I've pulled off (some of which weren't in lucid dreams):

Empty your pockets and none of the money will look right.
Open the cheat console with your mind and think up what you want to make happen (or make up magical spells)
If you are at a restaurant, order whatever the hell you want.
Do a floaty jump.
Change what you're wearing
Flap your arms gracefully and fly (or just fly if you are more used to lucid dreaming than me) (It helps for the room to be cool)
Know exactly where you want to go.
Play on any arcade machine using your strange cash.
Shoot a gun with 100% accuracy (If you actually need to use this, it probably isn't a lucid dream.)
Find whatever object you want as long as it won't immediately be visible (My dreams seem to crash if I try to summon objects right in front of me.) (I got a huge ass battle hammer)
Pick up and swing around almost anything with ease
Have infinite stamina
Pull up whatever you want on a computer. Just be careful to not to think about malware. (If you do, it will go crazy.)
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
#9 Posted: 00:37:11 24/04/2019 | Topic Creator
About dream journals. Could it theoretically also be other peoples' dreams, your own dreams from long ago, or dreamlike videogames/movies/etc. (general weird stuff)? Or does it absolutely need to be my own dreams?
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#10 Posted: 00:44:44 24/04/2019
i think the whole point of a dream journal is to help strengthen your ability to remember dreams and be aware that you're dreaming. so it would be your own dreams that you write down as soon as you wake up from them
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:30 24/04/2019 by Thunderdragon14
#11 Posted: 00:57:54 24/04/2019
Quote: Buchi
does it absolutely need to be my own dreams?

yes .
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#12 Posted: 01:07:55 24/04/2019
Want to know some neat tricks to try while lucid dreaming? Here are some I've pulled off (some of which weren't in lucid dreams):

Empty your pockets and none of the money will look right.
Open the cheat console with your mind and think up what you want to make happen (or make up magical spells)
If you are at a restaurant, order whatever the hell you want.
Do a floaty jump.
Change what you're wearing
Flap your arms gracefully and fly (or just fly if you are more used to lucid dreaming than me) (It helps for the room to be cool)
Know exactly where you want to go.
Play on any arcade machine using your strange cash.
Shoot a gun with 100% accuracy (If you actually need to use this, it probably isn't a lucid dream.)
Find whatever object you want as long as it won't immediately be visible (My dreams seem to crash if I try to summon objects right in front of me.) (I got a huge ass battle hammer)
Pick up and swing around almost anything with ease
Have infinite stamina
Pull up whatever you want on a computer. Just be careful to not to think about malware. (If you do, it will go crazy.)
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#13 Posted: 03:23:04 24/04/2019
one time i dreamed that i had to pee and when i woke up i had to pee
hope this helps smilie
#14 Posted: 14:11:16 24/04/2019 | Topic Creator
Okay, so they need to be my own dreams. But would recalling dreams for years ago be as effective as ones from last night? How about trying to just imagine dream worlds without sleep? As in, imagining myself into a kind of alternate reality?
#15 Posted: 16:06:12 24/04/2019
Quote: Buchi
Okay, so they need to be my own dreams. But would recalling dreams for years ago be as effective as ones from last night? How about trying to just imagine dream worlds without sleep? As in, imagining myself into a kind of alternate reality?

sometimes doing that before bed can influence your dreams but it's really rare. getting good with lucid dreaming takes a long time, i have kept a dream diary for years and can lucid dream sometimes. but it still isn't super often
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#16 Posted: 23:17:53 27/04/2019
Lucid Sweet Dream
---
NoUb
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#17 Posted: 07:48:37 28/04/2019
One time I dreamed I was dead and woke up to find it was truth!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me