Page 1 of 1
Motion blur in Reignited
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1 Posted: 17:08:46 13/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Just wondering, who is effected by this? It doesn't really bother me all that much, and when I turn it off, it annoys me even more as the game becomes so choppy, it's like it's trying and failing to catch up with itself.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#2 Posted: 20:10:02 13/03/2019
Motion blur can cause headaches and motion sickness in people who are sensitive to those things. If the game runs smooth then turning off motion blur will remedy these issues in those affected, but the framerate being choppy can cause the exact same problem. I've sort of noticed that the game lags a lot more since the update in general with or without the blur, but IDK if that's just my PS4.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 23:14:38 13/03/2019
I took me a while to get used to both the motion blur and the choppy framerate, but I can’t say I’ve noticed any particular problem with neither of them, even though I only managed to try out the game without the motion blur for a rather short time today.

I do find the small lag to be more annoying than the blur, even though I can’t ignore the fact that I’ve experienced occasional light dizziness during my first playthrough of the trilogy.
I’ve noticed that using the shoulder triggers to rotate the camera basically removes that problem but limits the new camera’s possibilities.

I’ll play a few more levels before deciding whether to settle with the motion blur or without it, but I’ll definitely remove it for my third and final “classic” playthrough: retro skin, original soundtrack, only shoulder triggers to move the camera and finally this.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#4 Posted: 18:21:46 14/03/2019
For my first 2 or 3 hours of my playthrough, the motion blur really bothered me and made it hard for me to find/collect gems. I got used to it, but I didn't like it.

Just toggled it off this morning, and I swear my whole quality of life improved by 10%. I'm okay with the choppier frame rate; I just want to be able to see things clearly.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 00:09:06 18/03/2019
Ok, I wasn’t expecting it to happen, but I am loving the non-motion blur experience.

I played the entirety of Scorch today, and it almost felt like I was playing it for the first time; almost as if something from the original game was missing or heavily changed, and I couldn’t notice it until now.
I even tried to switch the blur back on for comparison and found it almost unbearable even when focusing on Spyro: the game felt like it was running buttery smooth but I just couldn’t stand the blurriness anymore.

The choppier framerate doesn’t bother me at all anymore, I git completely used to it.

I admit I was waiting and hoping for the option to remove the motion blur, because I was very curious to see the game running without it, but I would have never thought I would have preferred it this way so much.
Very glad for this update, now!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 02:37:31 18/03/2019
I feel like this is going to be very subjective. Personally, I'm not good with motion blur. Didn't like it in Ratchet & Clank 2016 and didn't like it here, either. I would much rather games get more time and/or not aim to push the limits of graphical fidelity in exchange for 60 FPS gameplay. I don't think every genre needs it, but for a 3D exploration platformer with full camera control, I would really like it.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#7 Posted: 07:02:48 09/04/2019
Yeah. I hate to say this as Reignited looks damn beautiful, but TFB over-detailed the game and didn't compensate for the performance on the hardware (which kinda baffles me because they made Trap Team and Imaginators on it). I remember someone at TFB talking about adding too much lush or flourish to the game, and unfortunately you kinda did, and it affected performance.

Besides the glitches, this is my main gripe with Reignited. Toys for Bob, you made a beautiful game, but you didn't consider performance/how it'd run.

One of the reasons I think the Switch version of Reignited hasn't been announced yet is because whoever is porting it is trying to figure out how to downgrade it graphically and still have it perform half-way decently.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:06:48 09/04/2019 by JCW555
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#8 Posted: 03:41:56 13/04/2019
I couldn't watch videos of more than a single level being played at a time with the blur on. It almost gave me a migraine and I did nearly throw up several times. I gave up even trying to watch any of it and haven't looked for a non-motion blur version to see, but what little I have seen of it without the blur is a massive improvement.
G Hypernova Green Sparx Gems: 198
#9 Posted: 19:04:18 29/01/2021
I never even noticed it on my first playthrough, but ever since the update where you had the option to toggle it off, I never went back.
Gotta love that crisp resolution. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me