Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 40 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1951 Posted: 02:41:04 11/06/2019
The priest gave Crystal a sneer. "We will never bend the knee to your god. He has forsaken us. He has forsaken you. You may not see that now - but you will. You will pray for help, but none will come. You will realize that your loyalty is to a god who is unable or unwilling to help you. And once you realize that, you will see the wisdom in our words."
As the priest spoke, some ishiud soldiers approached. One reached out with its mandibles, in an effort to rip some feathers off of Crystal.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1952 Posted: 02:44:55 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Crystal screeched at the ishiud. “Back off!” She said. Electrical energy was beginning to spark off her as her entire body started to glow once more. She bit at the creatures mandibles.
---
SC
#1953 Posted: 02:50:00 11/06/2019
As Crystal tried to fight back, weavers would arrive to apply even thicker layers of webbing - they would attempt to put her in a cocoon at this point. "Your god will not come for you," the priest assured Crystal. "Now, we will take an offering from you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1954 Posted: 03:12:54 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“You’ll get nothing from me!” She continued to struggle until she was completely encased. Only slight wriggles and muffled screeches could be heard and seen.
---
SC
#1955 Posted: 10:32:09 11/06/2019
With Crystal completely subdued, a soldier bit into the webbing to pull out a feather. "You will learn, in time," the priest said. "The sooner you do, the better things will be for you. Consider our current mercy."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#1956 Posted: 14:01:59 11/06/2019
"Hey, Maverick," she greeted. Kasidra nodded as she stepped into the room. "Hey, Ilasi, Angora. Don't worry, I'm not going to be staying long. I just came to see how you guys were doing and to give you the update. If you need help with anything, I can let Latnok know," she said.

The tiefling cleared her throat before continuing on to the update. "So the dragon seems to be doing better today. The training already started and there's been a little bit of progress. From what I can tell, they're starting off with basic manners. Also, Maverick, don't worry. Latnok hasn't needed to be harsh yet. Granted, I don't actually understand what the dragon is saying, but so far, she hasn't said or done anything else to deserve being scolded or punished. She seems to be behaving herself now. Maybe the other dragons are keeping her calm?" Kasidra shrugged. The tiefling wasn't exactly sure, but the other dragons did seem to be helping. "Oh, also, she did finally eat, since she asked politely for it." The tiefling smiled. "You should've seen what she was doing with the tray when she was done, though. She actually started pawing at it like it was a toy or something. It was actually kind of cute in a way. I didn't expect a wild dragon to behave like that," Kasidra said.

"Play?" Tyraika asked. "I haven't played with another dragon in a long time." She smiled. "That does sound nice, though." Although, the dragon doubted that the humans would actually let her freely play after what had happened. She also doubted she'd ever feel comfortable enough here to do so without feeling like she needs to watch her back.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1957 Posted: 16:57:28 11/06/2019
Maverick chucked with the last information, and was very happy to learn the dragon was going so well.
"Gracias for telling us señorita Kasira. Those are truly great news. I still feel sorry for the dragon for being injured and taken out of it's home, and being forced to behave in a way she likely never had before, but at least she's doing fine. And Osc... Shade seemed to be bonding with her last time I looked, so that helps." Maverick said, glad that both the new dragon and his dear dragon friend could bond and keep each other company in a place where they were both feared.
"Tell us more later. We're going to the kitchen right now. You can keep Ilasi company if you want. We'd go up there to say hola to everyone... but I don't think that dragon likes us very much after what happened yesterday." he then commented, having correctly assumed what was going on.

Maverick then had an idea.
"Say, if you don't understand the dragon, perhaps you can ask Shade or señor Raclaw for help. They could traduce her words for you, and maybe find out if there's a way we can go up there without making the dragon uncomfortable." Maverick suggested, knowing he couldn't spend the rest of the trip avoiding the main deck because of yesterday's incident. The only thing that was making him very hopeful though was the fact that Shade was with her, and knowing that dragolet, he was probably speaking well about him and Angora to the new dragon. He was right now their only chance at having a better relationship with the dragon, even if it doesn't go as far as befriending her.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1958 Posted: 17:34:39 11/06/2019
"You're welcome," Kasidra said. "She's doing well enough, considering the fact that she's a wild dragon with an injured wing. She didn't eat dinner last night and I don't know how well she might have slept. It's possible she may not even have enough energy to cause a problem," the tiefling said. "Oh, I don't think Shade has left her side for even a moment. Every time I see those two, they're together. His company must really be helping her. She seems much calmer with him around." Kasidra nodded. "Alright. I was going to spar with Latnok, but I suppose I can stay a minute." The tiefling glanced at Ilasi. "If you're okay with that, of course. I wouldn't want to intrude. I could just leave you to rest, if you prefer," she said.

Kasidra placed a hand on her chin in contemplative thought. "Hmm, that's possible. I suppose there's no harm in trying it. Shade has likely spent enough time with her to have an idea of what she's thinking and feeling right now. Maybe it would be okay, so long as you don't get too close. I was hanging around up there and she didn't react to me. I could at least ask for you," she said.
---
#1959 Posted: 18:40:56 11/06/2019
Knowing that Angora was in a bit of a hurry, he decided to leave before Ilasi answered.
"Don't worry. I won't take long." Maverick assured to both his girlfriend and Kasidra, following Angora to the kitchen.

As they headed there, Angora took the time to tell him something Veris told her yesterday.
"You know, you should try to bond with Veris. The wyvern really likes you, you know." Angora assured, not wanting to let him know she spoke to him, but nevertheless letting him know as if she knew how to read his body language very nicely.
"Well... he already has you for that. And I'm taking care of Ilasi right now, so, well you know. Just the lunch this time..." Maverick stammered, though Angora knew he was just trying to avoid contact with the 'scary' wyvern. But she wasn't going to force him if he didn't want to.
"Ok. Ok Maverick. But you're missing on much..." Angora warned, with Maverixk knowing he was probably looking like a coward by refusing to interact with his captain's mount. He didn't know a counterargument.

Once they reached the kitchen, Angora chose the meat (an entire pork) and Maverick began to cook it, improvising a gravy in order to give it more flavor and make it easier to swallow. The time was quiet until the meal was done.
"Ok Angorita. This should make Veris happy for a while. Just... be careful." Maverick said with a sad frown, but Angora simply shook her head.
"Don't worry silly. I always stay far away from Veris when he eats. I don't know why you're still so worried. If he had wanted to hurt me, he would've done so a long time ago." Angora assured, and Maverick knew she was right, but it still didn't stop him from worrying.
"Well, true. Anyway, yes, be far away when he eats." Maverick said again, with Angora nodding and knowing he couldn't be helped. She put the pork in a tray and proceeded to leave.

"See you later Maverick." she said, bidding him goodbye, going their separate ways.
"Now vemos Angorita." Maverick waved goodbye, the two of them taking different hallways to their destinies. Angora imagined she would get a scold from Veris for arriving later than usual with his lunch, but she wanted to make some fun with it. When she reached the hallway where his enclosure was, she blowed smoke towards it so that the smell could reach him and he would know Maverick cooked for him, just like she said...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:25 12/06/2019 by Felines
#1960 Posted: 20:21:04 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
As soon as the soldier pulled out the feather it began to glow brightly then it disappeared in a small flash of electrical energy.

“Hehe would you like to see my favorite toy Angora and Maverick got me when we were traveling?” Shade said.
---
SC
#1961 Posted: 20:37:10 11/06/2019
The priest smiled as the feather disappeared. "We thank you for your contribution," he said. "You have granted us exactly the information we need." He turned to the mastermind in the room, before continuing.
"Mastermind. Proceed with the analysis," he ordered the ishiud. "The teleportation properties should allow for a new, organic design."
"ORDER ACKNOWLEDGED. PROCEEDING WITH ANALYSIS," the creature telepathed back. With its shared senses, it would have access to all of the data from the soldier's encounter.

Veris was lying around when he smelled the distinct smell of Maverick's cooking - it seemed that Angora wasn't lying when she said she would bring him some cooking from Maverick. Veris stood up andnmoved closer to the door, already salivating.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1962 Posted: 21:26:13 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“You will never gain the information I have in my mind!” Crystal said muffled.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:33:36 11/06/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1963 Posted: 21:54:17 11/06/2019
"You no longer have any information in your mind that is valuable to us," the priest said. "You have told us your allegiance. The data we've acquired from the feather will be most useful. With you no longer useful to us, all we need to do is leave you here to contemplate your allegiance."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1964 Posted: 22:27:49 11/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I’ll never join you! I’ll always stay loyal to Orion!” She said. “Orion will not tolerate this!”
---
SC
#1965 Posted: 22:41:36 11/06/2019
Maverick returned to Ilasi's cabin, bearing the brightest of smiles.
"Hola chicas? How did it go? Had some girl talk? Told you I wouldn't take long." Maverick said, looking at a watch and seeing that he left for a little more than half an hour. He was feeling very happy, even though he was still worried about Angora deep inside.

Quote: A Guy
Veris was lying around when he smelled the distinct smell of Maverick's cooking - it seemed that Angora wasn't lying when she said she would bring him some cooking from Maverick. Veris stood up andnmoved closer to the door, already salivating.

After feeling like she has tempted him long enough, Angora opened the door to the enclosure, which was easier said than done since the pork was so huge, it made entering difficult. She had to grab the tray with one hand and use another one plus a foot to open it. She could see Veris already salivating and clearly desperate.
"Wait Veris. Let me enter first." Angora said, the tray becoming stuck between the door and the wall. She was getting desperate with Veris' own urgency, and was afraid he would tackle the food before she could get away. When she finally managed to make it enter, she did it with such force the pork catapulted towards Veris, dripping some of the gravy on her. It wasn't the way she expected, but st least the food was far away from her now and the wyvern could eat to his heart's content.
---
#1966 Posted: 23:15:53 11/06/2019
Ilasi and Kasidra had made some small talk - mostly about aspects of the job. Ilasi seemed contented. "Things have gone well," she said. Ilasi didn't have much else to say, however. She wasn't nearly as enthused with the idea of meeting the dragon again as Maverick seemed to be.

Veris, predictably, pounced on the food. It being so big, he had to tear it up into several pieces to eat it, using his freshly cleaned teeth. When he was done, he looked at Angora, and saw - and more importantly, smelled - some of the gravy on her. He licked up the gravy without a second thought.

"You will come to learn in time," the priest said, as he walked away. The mastermind continued its thorough analysis of the data it received from the feather - keeping certain key details about its properties in memory.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1967 Posted: 00:09:27 12/06/2019
Maverick was glad the two could have some girl talk. It could do wonders for Ilasi, as well as letting Kasidra having someone of her same gender to bond with. Most of the crewmembers were men after all.

Looking at his hyperspace bag, Maverick remembered something again, and slapped his forehead.
"Oh darn it! Otra vez. Sorry señoritas, I have to leave again. Forgot Angorita's meal. I swear I'd lose my very head if it wasn't attached to my body." Maverick said once again, turning around to leave yet again.
"You ladies continue talking. I won't take long." Maverick said as he closed the door, unable to believe that he forgot about the same thing again. He remembered the meal when he and Angora walked to the kitchen, but both of them forgot about it when the troll started to talk about Veris. He didn't like the idea of visiting the wyvern's enclosure, but he wanted Angora to eat well right away. He only hoped the beast didn't steal her food. He already had his.

Veris, predictably, pounced on the food. It being so big, he had to tear it up into several pieces to eat it, using his freshly cleaned teeth. When he was done, he looked at Angora, and saw - and more importantly, smelled - some of the gravy on her. He licked up the gravy without a second thought.

After Veris was done with the meal, Angora was about to ask him if he wanted the gravy on her, even though she wasn't in the mood to get drooled all over today. But the wyvern didn't even waited for her to say something. He simply went for it, cornering her against the wall. She knew he wouldn't stop until he got everything.
"Yeah. That's Maverick's cooking for you bud." she said casually, needing to close her eyes. While she didn't like this little predicament, she couldn't really blame him. Maverick's cooking was truly something miraculous.

That got Angora wondering though; would Maverick be able to win over the new dragon with his fantastic cooking? Many creatures were won through the stomach, like she did with Veris, so perhaps it could work. She would suggest it to him later.
---
#1968 Posted: 00:23:21 12/06/2019
Kasidra was about to say her farewells and take her leave, when Maverick mentioned having to leave again. She chuckled lightly at his lapse in memory. The tiefling sighed and shook her head gently. "Well, I guess I can stay another minute. I'll just tell Latnok I got held up in business or something. I really can't stay here all day, though. He's probably waiting for me on deck." She didn't like the thought of keeping him waiting. It was never a good idea to keep a superior waiting.

Tyraika tilted her head. "Toy?" she asked, curiously. "Is that food or a piece of treasure?" Maybe this toy was a part of Shade's hoard.
---
#1969 Posted: 01:16:39 12/06/2019
While Angora was being mercilessly licked by the eager wyvern, Maverick was making his way to the enclosure. The word reminded him of Dahlia, and the fact that he hasn't visited her all day. He did leave her clean water and an extra ration of oats last night just in case he couldn't visit her today due to taking care of Ilasi, but he hated leaving her alone and locked up for so long, and even more so being unable to let her roam free somewhere. The main deck was off limits, and the hallways of the ship were inappropriate for a moment of freedom. Since he was already making the trip, he was planning on visiting his beloved Dahlia after delivering Angora's meal and give Ilasi the surprise of her visit and also have Kasidra meet her.

He reached Veris' enclosure, and knocked on the door with some skepticism.
"Angorita? We forgot about your meal. I'm here to give it to you." Maverick called, hearing sounds inside. Perhaps Veris was still eating? Angora was surprised Maverick was there, but above all, that she also forgot about the breakfast turned lunch. She knew Veris would be very happy to see him, and if the wyvern recognize his voice, then maybe he would finally leave her alone...
---
#1970 Posted: 01:39:40 12/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Hehe it’s something you play with.” Shade said. “Follow me!” Shade said as he lead her to a small bag where he usually stayed. He dug out a small red top and showed it to Tyraika. “Well this is my favorite toy. It’s called a top. You spin it like this.” He then showed her how to spin it. “Hehe I always like watching it spin it makes me calm for some reason. I don’t know why but it does.”
---
SC
#1971 Posted: 02:57:50 12/06/2019
With Maverick's arrival, Veris immediately ceased his licking of Angora, looking in the direction of the voice - undoubtedly Maverick. In eager anticipation, he brought himself low, to meet Maverick as close to eye level as he could when Maverick came in.

Latnok, meanwhile, had been waiting for a long time on the main deck. Already tired from having to keep watch of Tyraika for so long, Kasidra seemingly lost interest in sparring and left without a word. He wouldn't wait forever; he would just make a note of this disappointment and prepare to get some sleep.
Sere wasn't hard for him to find. After a few brief words, Latnok was cleared to get some rest. Sere would remain on the deck in the meanwhile, keeping a tight eye on Tyraika.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1972 Posted: 14:47:19 12/06/2019
Angora was relieved with the break, and invited Maverick in. The faun man was welcomed with a pair of large eyes almost to his same level.
"Welcome Maverick. This is a lucky meeting. Veris is very eager to see you." Angora said with a smile, knowing she never guaranteed to Veris that he would have Maverick's cooking or his presence, and she was able to deliver both thanks to an oversight from her and her hybrid friend.
"Brought you your meal Angorita. But... I think it's better if you eat it outside." Maverick said as he gave Angora the plate from behind him so that Veris wouldn't see it, or at least see it as less as possible. He didn't want the wyvern stealing it.
"Don't worry about him Maverick. He already ate, and he wouldn't deny me my own food. He knows I also have to eat." Angora assured, already knowing why Maverixk was so worried about her eating in her enclosure.
"Well, I'll be on my way then. I need to go with Dahlia and return to Ilasi." Maverick said as he prepared to leave, but Angora stopped him.
"Don't go yet Maverick. Veris really wanted to see you. Haven't you noticed? Besides, I already visited Dahlia earlier. Gave her clean water and some little company. Stay at least a minute." Angora suggested, with Maverick obliging, meaning to stay one minute but that was it. He knew Veris meant no harm, but nevertheless couldn't stop feeling uneasy. Angora hoped that this little visit could wash away at least some of the fear.
---
#1973 Posted: 22:49:05 12/06/2019
Veris took a look at Maverick - and immediately rolled over, onto his back, in a show of submission and docility. He knew the furry human was scared of him, so he would try to appear as non-threatening as possible. Veris eagerly watched, seeing if Maverick would try to approach him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1974 Posted: 23:34:47 12/06/2019
Tyraika followed Shade to the bag. She tilted her head and stared curiously at the top. "If that's the top, then where's the bottom?" she asked. Tyraika made an attempt at spinning it herself, but didn't have much luck at first. Due to inexperience, it took her quite a few tries to get the top to do much more than simply fall over, and it still didn't spin for long. Tyraika wasn't used to using her paws in this manner. She blew a puff of smoke at her failed attempts. "This is supposed to be relaxing?" she asked, frustrated. "Maybe it's broken? It'd probably work better with the bottom part of it," she suggested.
---
#1975 Posted: 00:45:45 13/06/2019
Veris took a look at Maverick - and immediately rolled over, onto his back, in a show of submission and docility. He knew the furry human was scared of him, so he would try to appear as non-threatening as possible. Veris eagerly watched, seeing if Maverick would try to approach him.

Maverick could see Veris was trying very hard to appeal to him, but even though he wanted to approach, he was still too skeptical, until Angora pushed him towards him.
"Come on Maverick! Stop being such a wimp! When will you get it through your thick head he won't do anything to you?" Angora asked, quite frustrated by Maverick's skepticism. He touched the wyvern's snout, still uneasy but not as afraid as before.
"Heh, not the same as touching Oscurito." he said, glad that Veris was being so patient with him.

After seeing him patting his snout, Angora then pulled Maverick's hand towards the side of his belly, and helped him climb it, terrifying him.
"Go ahead Maverick. Give him a belly rub." Angora suggested, with Maverick still nervous, but trusting her. Veris hasn't done anything to her, and he had no reason to hurt him, so he knew his fear was unnecessary.
"You're so sticky Angorita." he commented after taking a closer look at her and feeling the drool on the hand where she grabbed him.
"Yeah, some of the gravy accidentally spilled on me. Veris was cleaning me. You see? More reason not to fear him. He knows the difference between licking and eating." Angora assured in a joking matter, prompting Maverick to give the wyvern the suggested belly rub. The skin was so warm and soft. Not exactly the same as Shade's, but still very comforting. He was very happy that Angora had this nice dragon as company.
---
#1976 Posted: 02:06:18 13/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade chuckled a little “well it’s more for dragons who have aposible fingers. But I do have a ball I play with whenever Angora and Maverick were available. You want to play catch with me?” Shade said Ashe brought out a kind of yellow ball.
---
SC
#1977 Posted: 21:10:59 13/06/2019
Veris gave a low humming sound as Maverick gave the belly rub, with a soft vibration Maverick would be able to feel. He remained otherwise immobile, not wishing to scare off the furry human.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1978 Posted: 21:44:56 13/06/2019
Maverick was feeling comfortable around Veris at last. He could finallysee that his fear was misplaced.
"See what you've been missing?" Angora stated, glad to see her hairy friend getting along with the wyvern. Maverick even took the approach of listening to his tummy.
"He is remarkably gentle... you know, given he's trained to fight and be a mount." Maverick said, but Angora simply shook his head.
"Just because he has a certain upbringing doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart. He may be trained, but that doesn't stop him from being a being with emotions." Angora said wisely, surprising Maverick.

The faun man stayed for about seven minutes, when he realized what time it was.
"Oh look at the time. Gracias for this moment you two, but I have to leave now. Promised Ilasi and Kasidra I wouldn't take long." Maverick stated, feeling regretful about leaving. He already had another business, just when he was finally starting to get along with the scary wyvern.
"Well, there will be other times. See you later Maverick." Angora bid goodbye, watching him as he disappeared behind the enclosure's door quickly, with Angora assuming he left fast to avoid being licked. She then looked at Veris.
"Well, what do you know? I think he's finally mellowing down around you Veris." she said to the wyvern, only being able to imagine how happy he must be feeling right now.

Maverick was heading to Ilasi's cabin when he remembered Dahlia. The dirt buffalo received him as warmly as ever, though a small sniff and she could tell he was with a dragon.
"Oh come on girl! Don't tell me you're jealous? Come on you silly cow. We're going to visit someone special." he said goofily, holding on to her reigns and leading her to Ilasi's cabin.

With a fast pace, he reached his girlfriend's place in just a minute.
"Guess who's here to visit you Ilasi?" Maverick said happily, Dahlia showing her giant head on the doorway. She was about to greet Ilasi excitedly when she took a look at Kasidra. This was a face she hasn't seen before. Dahlia wasn't afraid, but she was alert, as her raised ear and fur indicated.
"This is Kasidra Dahlia. She's a new member of the crew." Maverick introduced, glad that Dahlia wasn't defensive, but she was still very cautious. She has never seen someone like Kasidra before...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1979 Posted: 02:34:02 14/06/2019
As Latnok understandably went to sleep-- Raclaw and Chester stayed on deck. The two briefly discussed something in their own 'secret' canine tongue before Raclaw proceeded to pull out their ball from his stash, briefly enabling the small portal in front of him. Chester looked up at Raclaw with a eager look as the two prepared to spread out and pass the time playing their own game of catch. Nether dragon nor beagle were paying attention to Shade who also seemingly had the same idea. Later on, Raclaw planned to stay up with Latnok to keep the Guardian company. He could see how drained the beloved Guardian had become having to not only train, but also keep a near 24/7 watch over the new *wild* dragon.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:28 14/06/2019 by redwes
#1980 Posted: 21:01:18 14/06/2019
Ilasi wasn't expecting Maverick to bring Dahlia back with her, but greatly appreciated it. She got up to head out and give Dahlia a hug.
"Hey, big girl! How have you been?" Ilasi asked. It would be really nice if she could somehow know what the dirt buffalo said - but alas, it was a pipe dream. "Now you treat Kasidra well and show her that you're a good girl, okay?"

Out in an open field, Glaveilio, the elvish king, was in bonds. He was being escorted by two other elves - who identified themselves as Ishulgites. As thousands of people watched, he was brought up to a raised platform.
There he was - Cernentium. A very influential Ishulgite, taking on an insectoid form in a display of devotion. As the king was finally up on the platform, held up by the two Ishulgites, Cernentium spoke.
"Welcome, king... or should I say, former king," Cernentium began. Glaveilio refused to honor the Ishulgite with a response.
"Silent? That will be fine. You have much to answer for - and you will, today."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1981 Posted: 21:43:26 14/06/2019
Now that Maverick was gone, it was time for Angora to continue working. But Veris had already eaten, he had plenty of clean water and Maverick already gave him some of the belly rubs he loved so much. There was only one thing left to do;
"Well Veris, we're still out at sea, but we may arrive at an island soon. I can ask Sere to take you outside for a while... oh right, but before I forget, there's a new dragon there. Long story, but the main deck is quite overcrowded and I can't promise that your master will allow me to take you out." Angora explained, knowing Veris would find out about Thraika sooner or later, so he wanted him to know already instead of being surprised by the new face.

"So what do you want to do Veris? Want to take a nap? Go outside? Maybe the orb to chew on?" Angora asked, knowing Veris needed some activity, or maybe he just wanted to take a nap after a meal like that. He was a smart wyvern, so she was certain he would give a sign that she could understand. There was also the possibility of him wanting to lick the remaining gravy off him, but she was deeply wishing he had forgotten about that.

Ilasi wasn't expecting Maverick to bring Dahlia back with him, but greatly appreciated it. She got up to head out and give Dahlia a hug.
"Hey, big girl! How have you been?" Ilasi asked. It would be really nice if she could somehow know what the dirt buffalo said - but alas, it was a pipe dream. "Now you treat Kasidra well and show her that you're a good girl, okay?"

Maverick was really happy. Seeing Dahlia was the boost she needed to get out of bed. She probably didn't want to leave the room, but th fact that she was out of bed was enough. Dahlia received Ilasi warmly and excitedly as always, but not without losing eye contact from Kasidra.
"Easy Dahlia. She's a friend. She's cautious, but not defensive. That's always a good sign." Maverick indicated, seeing Dahlia alert, but not in the mood for attacking. Kasidra was a new face and quite a strange creature herself, so it wasn't out of character for Dahlia to be so cautious around such a strange stranger.
---
#1982 Posted: 22:06:49 14/06/2019
Tyraika tilted her head at the mention of a ball. "Ball? Catch?" She looked at the yellow ball Shade had brought out. "How do you practice hunting with... That thing?" The wild dragon didn't understand how an inanimate object would be helpful in hunting practice.

Out of the corner of her eye, something else had caught Tyraika's attention. She looked over to see the fur dragon with his canine companion. She watched the two for a moment and soon became witness to a portal opening up in front of Raclaw. Tyraika's eyes widened as she was taken aback by this. At first, she thought the fur dragon might be in danger, but she soon saw him pull out a ball of his own. Tyraika blinked and tilted her head. She stared in confusion as she watched the two play catch. What had just happened? She never knew of a fur dragon, or any dragon for that matter, who could open portals. What sort of strange magic was this? Tyraika was so shocked by the portal that she didn't even register that the game the two were playing was the same thing Shade had suggested to her.

Kasidra turned to face the door as Maverick returned, and with the company of a friend she hadn't met previously. The tiefling noticed the buffalo's raised ears and fur. With the added dialogue between Maverick and Ilasi, Kasidra could guess that the buffalo was wary of her. She wasn't really surprised. After all, the animal had never met her before, and certain animals in particular tended to be wary of new faces. With Kasidra also being a tiefling, she figured she may very well look like a strange new predator to the prey animal. So hoping to not scare the creature, Kasidra kept her distance and simply watched as the mermaid greeted it.
---
#1983 Posted: 22:37:52 14/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“You play like this.” Shade said. He was about to roll the ball towards her when he saw her looking at Raclaw with curiosity. “Oh? You’re probably wondering what he did. Why don’t we go ask? I’m sure he’ll want to officially meet you.”
---
SC
#1984 Posted: 23:13:22 14/06/2019
Ilasi gave Dahlia a hug for some time before returning to Maverick. "I'm glad to see she hasn't gone too crazy being in here. Maybe we'll get more of a chance to explore with her on the next island," she suggested.
"Don't worry, Kasidra," Ilasi continued. "I'm sure she'll warm up to you eventually. You're not a dragon, after all..."

After Angora asked her question, Veris headed to the door of his pen, standing by it. He looked longingly at the door, waiting for Angora to interpret his action.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1985 Posted: 00:17:34 15/06/2019
"I certainly hope so. Dahlia hasn't gotten a proper exercise in such a long time. And she's isn't too enthusiastic about the islands of this place after she was attacked in one of them. The main deck... not an option." Maverick said, knowing it was out of the question. There were too many dragons there, including a new one, and that would send her into a panic fest. And if Tyraika was wild, she could see Dahlia as prey. If in,y there was a wide space on the ship, but most of them were storages full of stuff.
"I'm grateful for your help señorita Kasidra..." Maverick said as he turned to the tiefling, seeing Dahlia was easing up around her already.
"... you didn't have to stay with Ilasi, yet you did. Mil gracias. If el capitán questions your absence, just tell him the truth. I'll vouch for you." he guaranteed, remembering Kasidra didn't have the day off like him and Ilasi. He didn't know about the sparring session or anything about Kasidra's job, but he was ready to defend her in case she got in trouble for being missing for this long.

After Angora asked her question, Veris headed to the door of his pen, standing by it. He looked longingly at the door, waiting for Angora to interpret his action.

Angora looked at his action, and was pretty sure on what he was trying to say.
"Want to go outside and stretch your wings, don't you boy?" she commented, knowing this enclosure, while being spacious enough to walk around, he couldn't fly on it.
"Alright. Just let me ask permission to the captain. I mean, keeping you fit is one of my new jobs, but given the situation up there... well, it's better to take precautions." Angora said, patting Veris on the wing as farewell before leaving the enclosure. She hated the idea of returning to the main deck with that rude dragon there, but that's where she'll probably find Sere.

Facing one of the stairs, Angora put on her hood with a raising heart, believing the dragon would growl or even attack her if she showed her face again. She knew she couldn't avoid the presence, but maybe covering her face would mellow down the grudge. Going upstairs, she tried not to look at the dragon, and after seeing her distracted with Shade, this was her chance. She saw Raclaw and Chester playing, and asked the former the quick question.
"Excuse me. Raclaw. Sorry for interrupting, but where is the captain?" she asked, wanting to get the answer instead of searching him throughout the ship. He was probably in his office, but she wanted to be certain.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:03 15/06/2019 by Felines
#1986 Posted: 00:57:57 15/06/2019
Raclaw looked down at the short troll-- almost finding it funny how she and Chester were almost the same size. He always kept any laugh, however, strictly internal. Chester ran up to Angora before laying down as if to make her feel better slightly about their equally short stature. "Oh-- the captain? He's right up there keeping an eye on our new guest.," the larger fur dragon said motioning his head towards Godfather Sere's general position. Elsewhere, Risar was managing the crew although also keeping an eye on Tyraika. Some tension could be seen among the crew, but it was to be expected with the less-than-deal introduction the new dragon had to the others. 'Perhaps once her training is complete.,' Raclaw thought to himself being well aware of the tension.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:59:39 15/06/2019 by redwes
#1987 Posted: 02:54:46 15/06/2019
Angora used Raclaw's own body to be out of Tyraika's view. She cautiously looked at where the fur dragon pointed, and felt rather embarrased to not have noticed hi, up there. She had been keeping her head so low to avoid looking at the new dragon that she failed to look everywhere.
"Oh. Right. Eh... thank you." she said, looking at Chester and almost succumbing to the temptation of petting him, but she has already been licked enough by Veris, and if Chester standed on his two paws to be on her same height, it would humiliate her to no end. She could tell they were around the same size, and that just added to the embarrassment of her condition.

With the information she needed, Angora left the two of them to continue playing and headed to where Sere was standing. Tyraika was on one end of the ship, so Angora walked towards the captain from the other end, wanting to be as far away as she could from the rude beast. She was hanging out with Shade a lot, and even though she had no doubts he had been speaking positive about her, she still didn't want to take a risk. The dragon made her point across the first time, so Angora wanted nothing to do with her.
---
#1988 Posted: 17:19:43 15/06/2019
Since Tyraika was already looking towards Raclaw and his canine companion, she didn't miss Angora's presence as the troll approached them. The troll's efforts to hide her face were effectively pointless, as her unique stature and scent didn't convince the dragon that she was someone else. Trying to hide behind Raclaw was also ineffective, as the dragon already knew she was there. Tyraika tensed up from the moment she spotted the troll and kept her glare locked on her for as long as she could see her.

When the troll went out of sight behind Raclaw, Tyraika turned away and started to walk further away from the scene. "Now's a bad time," she replied to Shade. It wasn't what she would have preferred to do, but she was in no condition to pick a fight. Since Tyraika wasn't sure of all the actions she could take that were safe, she figured the best thing she could do was simply put more distance between herself and the humanoids.

Kasidra shrugged as she wasn't particularly worried about making friends with the buffalo. "Eh, it's fine. To some people, demons aren't much better than dragons. I mean, with the horns, tail, and whatever else, I mine as well be a monster, right?" she snickered.

The tiefling gave Maverick a confused look when he thanked her. Kasidra was about to ask what that was for, when the hybrid man continued. "Don't worry about it, Maverick. It's not like either of you tied me down and forced me to stay here. If Latnok's mad that I missed our sparring session, then I'll just have to take whatever consequence comes my way. It's no one's fault but my own."
---
#1989 Posted: 20:16:30 15/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked to see Angora. “Oh I see. Don’t worry She’s very nice once you get to know her. But I understand if you want to give it some time.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1990 Posted: 20:48:49 15/06/2019
Angora went to where Sere was standing, suspecting the dragon already knew she was there, but even if it was useless to hide her face, it still brought her a bit of comfort. She stood in front of the captain, looking him in the eyes but not removing her hood.
"Captain, sir? Apologies for the intrusion. I wanted to ask permission to bring Veris up here for a brief flight. I know that the ship is still on the move and there's a new dragon up here, which is why I decided to ask you first." Angora said, knowing she already had Sere's approval to give Veris flying exercises from time to time, but given the unique circumstances they were in right now, she figured it was better to ask permission again.

Quote: Cynder09
Kasidra shrugged as she wasn't particularly worried about making friends with the buffalo. "Eh, it's fine. To some people, demons aren't much better than dragons. I mean, with the horns, tail, and whatever else, I mine as well be a monster, right?" she snickered.

The tiefling gave Maverick a confused look when he thanked her. Kasidra was about to ask what that was for, when the hybrid man continued. "Don't worry about it, Maverick. It's not like either of you tied me down and forced me to stay here. If Latnok's mad that I missed our sparring session, then I'll just have to take whatever consequence comes my way. It's no one's fault but my own."

"Well, to be perfectly honest, you look more like somebody with a sunburn than a demon." Maverick expressed meekly at her first sentence, not knowing if that would be offensive. He didn't wait for Kasidra's reaction when he heard the next thing she said.
"You had a sparring lesson with señor Latnok!? Well why didn't you tell us? I never would've asked you to stay if I had known!" he expressed jumpily, becoming pale. Latnok was someone prone to anger and take offense easily, so Maverick was really worried about Kasidra. It would be awful if she was penalized in some way when she had barely begun to work on the ship.
---
#1991 Posted: 23:18:54 15/06/2019
Sere gave Angora a quick look before looking back at Tyraika. "You can go ahead," Sere said. "Don't head too far out." With the skies being relatively clear, Sere did not fear anything happening to Veri while he was flying.
Meanwhile, Veris eagerly awaited right by the door of his pen for the opportunity to spread his wings. He had slept enough, and was more than ready to burn some energy.

"Ilasi was herself rather concerned over the new development, giving a brief shudder. "Oh, uh... I'm sure we can explin this..." she said. "Surely he'll understand if we mention how well you took care of us." As much as Latnok hated tardiness, he was always looking out for his people - and maybe that would ease things.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1992 Posted: 23:47:10 15/06/2019
Maverick nodded, agreeing and ready to bail Kasidra out if necessary.

With permission granted, Angora headed to Veris' enclosure, completely ignoring Tyraika as she went downstairs, opening the pen and smiling at the wyvern, looking adorable waiting there like a puppy expecting a walk.
"Good news. You'll get out and fly for a while. Not sure if there are creatures for you to hunt around, but you'll at least get some freedom. Just don't venture too far away from the ship, alright? Oh, and there's a newcomer up there, so be on your best behavior." Angora instructed, leaving the door wide open and beckoning Veris to come. She knew he wouldn't have any trouble with the new dragon given how she seemed to be comfortable only around dragons.
---
#1993 Posted: 16:34:58 16/06/2019
Veris followed along, walking out without any delay, ready to take to the sky. It didn't take him long to pick up on the new dragon. He briefly stopped and stared; she seemed peaceful for now, and his human was watching her, so he didn't feel the need to worry about anything. Instead, Veris lowered himself to the ground to allow Angora to mount him.

As Glaveilio remained silent, Cernentium reached for his belt, grabbing a ceremonial knife. "You are a part of the past. Our world has no place for these old relics," he said forcefully to the bound Glaveilio. "You have gone through such lengths to maintain your power - and for what? You hoped that you could save the people from your own foolishness - but you cannot. We have someone who can save us - the god Ishulgu."
Cernentium brought the blade of the knife within less than an inch of the king's throat. As he did so, the elves gathered around began to cheer increasingly louder. Glaveilio remained unflinching, despite the danger. "No last words? I would offer you the opportunity to join us - but we are very clearly past that point - now, your time is at an end. Make way for the future of the people." With a quick motion, Cernentium brought the blade to Glaveilio's throat and quickly pulled back, making a clean cut. Bleeding profusely, the king quickly died, as the Ishulgites securing him let go of him, dropping him to the floor with little regard, as the people cheered on.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1994 Posted: 17:44:43 16/06/2019
Kasidra chuckled. "A sunburn, huh? Hmm, maybe that's from being stranded on these islands for so long. Maybe I'll return to my normal color when I return to the mainland?" She shrugged with a smile.

The tiefling blinked and glanced back and forth between Maverick and Ilasi. "Hey, what's with you two? You're acting like you're the ones in trouble. You guys did nothing wrong. It's okay, I can explain things on my own. You don't need to do anything." Kasidra didn't quite understand why they seemed so afraid. The punishment wouldn't be that severe, would it? "It's only a first offense. So long as I make up for it, and it never happens again, I should be fine. Don't worry about me, I can take a little punishment." Kasidra smiled to reassure them that the situation would work itself out.

Tyraika sighed as she continued to walk. It started out as a means to simply put distance between herself and the humanoids, but the walk turned out to be kind of nice. She didn't have the energy to do too much, but it was still a good idea to get some exercise at least. Tyraika figured that a walk should be fine for now. "I don't plan on staying long enough to get to know any of those humans that well," she replied to Shade. She sighed. "If you want to be... Friends... With them, that's up to you. I don't plan on it, though. I just want to go back home. The sooner I can do that, the better. Until then, it's best if everyone just keeps their distance."

Tyraika noticed the wyvern come out and paused briefly. She stared back at him and had remembered that she saw him fly around back on her island. Tyraika noticed that he wasn't alone this time either, seeing the troll with him. She blew a puff of smoke and quietly continued her walk around the deck. Tyraika made sure to keep her distance from the crew.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:29 16/06/2019 by Cynder09
#1995 Posted: 19:02:07 16/06/2019
"Well, tell him to talk to us nonetheless. Señor Latnok may be nice, but he can get too easily angry." Maverick warned, having seen beforehand Latnok's temper too many times. He didn't want to scare Kasidra, but figured he should warn her regardless of what happens.

At the main deck, Angora got the grappling hook and saddled up Veris, climbing him and thanking him for his patience and gentleness. She was paying no mind to Tyraika, but was still hoping the dragon could see for herself that Shade wasn't the only dragon who cared for this silly little troll, and that she could see for herself how stupid and misplaced her rudeness and cautiousness was.
"Alright Veris. Time to fly. Remember, don't venture too far from the ship." She warned, wanting to give him freedom but at the same time not wanting him to be too loose with his liberty. While he flew and got his excercise, she was going to be on high alert, with all her senses perked up. The day was beautiful and the waters were calm, but this archipelago was treacherous, so she didn't want to take any chances.
---
#1996 Posted: 19:40:05 16/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“That is your choice I won’t force you into things you’re uncomfortable with. “ Shade said. He looked to see Angora mounting Veris. “Looks like she is taking him out for a flight. Perhaps once they take off we can go see Raclaw?”
---
SC
#1997 Posted: 15:40:25 17/06/2019
Before long, Veris was soaring in the sky, darting about around the ship. He would enjoy the feeling of the briny breeze against his face while he had the opportunity to. He did wonder what the plans were for the new dragon on board. Was it a friend? Or was it a beast captured by the Guardians?

As the day went by, some time after Veris returned, Latnok would eventually come back on deck, to relieve Sere of the task of watching Tyraika. As the captain disappeared into the ship, Latnok kept his attention focused harshly on the new dragon. "You didn't cause any trouble while I was gone, did you?" he asked. "Didn't lash out at any other people? Because we're going to have a fun time if you did." The long chain of recent events had Latnok in anything but a good mood.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1998 Posted: 16:10:53 17/06/2019
Upon the Guardian's return-- Raclaw and Chester soon returned to Latnok's side, the later having taken a brief nap after a long play session. Raclaw had stayed awake, but knew that Chester would no doubt accompany him as he planned to stay up later with Latnok. The two companions could be seen briefly cuddling together; the larger Raclaw serving as both a companion and living bed. Risar, meanwhile, offered a respectful nod upon Latnok's return.
---
#1999 Posted: 17:22:09 17/06/2019
Maverick continued taking care for Ilasi, bidding Kasidra farewell and wishing her luck. He still wasn't ready to get back on the main deck, and he knew his girlfriend wasn't either, so he decided to stay there with her and do whatever she wanted, knowing that both of them having a free day was a miraculous break, especially in a place as strict as that.

As the day went by, some time after Veris returned, Latnok would eventually come back on deck, to relieve Sere of the task of watching Tyraika. As the captain disappeared into the ship, Latnok kept his attention focused harshly on the new dragon. "You didn't cause any trouble while I was gone, did you?" he asked. "Didn't lash out at any other people? Because we're going to have a fun time if you did." The long chain of recent events had Latnok in anything but a good mood.

Angora brought Veris for a smooth landing, very happy with his well behaved manner. She barely had to guide him.
"Well done boy. You truly outdid yourself. You deserve a nice, long rest... and a hearty meal." Angora said as she untied herself and proceeded to guide the wyvern to the enclosure, noticing Latnok just before heading downstairs. She really had to speak to him, but given their disastrous last talk, not to mention he seemed in a really bad mood right now, it was out of the question.

Even so, Angora gave a small nod in greeting and respect like Sere did before her, saying nothing and leading the wyvern back to his pen, heading to the kitchen and getting him a large bowl of fish to vary the meat. She would return later to groom him, but for now, Angora left Veris alone, heading back to her cabin. She knew Maverick was still with Ilasi, so she was going to let them be for now. She lied down on the bed, covering her face and pondered about so many things...
---
#2000 Posted: 20:47:37 17/06/2019
After her walk, Tyraika simply laid down on the main deck, far from any crew members who may have been working there. She watched Veris while he was flying and simply laid her head down when he was done. When Latnok came out and spoke to her, she raised her head to meet his gaze. "Good morning. I understand," she said in monotone. Tyraika didn't care if her response made sense at the time or not, she simply repeated what she was taught to say. However, this time, she added to it. "If I had, wouldn't you have heard about it already?" she asked. "No, I didn't," she stated calmly.
---
First | Previous | Page 40 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me