Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#201 Posted: 04:17:21 25/03/2019
OOC: Is it still consider shipping if the couple is official? I always believed shipping was for those with potential, not canon.

Angora had walked around the ship for a while in hopes of catching some gossip, but decided it was better not to keep Shade waiting. Whoever, or whatever those creatures were, she was going to find out sooner or later.
"Well, this smells nice. So typical of Maverick. Look Shady. Pork chops, and really big ones. This sausage... most likely Maverick's doing. He's such a silly, kind hearted fool... but the world needs more people like him..." Angora said, almost looking like she was talking to herself.

Quickly noticing her spacing, she addressed to Shade more directly.
"Anyway, eat up Shady. This is with lots of love, so try to enjoy it and not gulp it down in one go. And don't eat my hands!" she warned playfully, wanting to enjoy the remaining time with him. She had no doubts Laszur or Sere would drag her away like a criminal if she lingered with the dragolet for too long.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi ate the food as provided by Maverick. "Thank you, Maverick!" she said. It was a frequent thing by this point, but that didn't make her any less inclined to thank him. "Wonderful food, as always!"
Angora was there, notably. Ilasi gave Angora a curious look, as she contemplated how Angora would feel about her presence. Did Maverick tell his friends about their status? She would find out soon enough, most likely.

"De nada Ilasi. I don't really like cooking after I did it so many times in my father's ship, but it really is a nice gesture when you do a great job and the people you love like it." Maverick explained warmly, taking a bite out of his own meal. It wasn't as well decorated as other occassions, since he focused more on the taste this time.

As he and Ilasi ate, he looked towards the direction Angora went.
"Angorita and Oscurito know. I told them last night." Maverick said, practically reading her mind.
"They took it quite well. Angorita wasn't even surprised, as if she was expecting it." he then said, hoping that would bring his girlfriend some peace of mind about his friends. He always believed Angora accepting Ilasi would be the issue, but he was beginning to think it may be the other way around. The mermaid didn't seem to like very much when he spoke about the troll, but Maverick hoped that it was all false and that it was all in his head.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#202 Posted: 09:42:22 25/03/2019
OOC: That's a fair point.

Angora's fears would indeed prove to be true. Sere quickly located her by Shade, and was less than pleased. "Laszur told you the deal," he telepathed to her. "You know the conditions. You know what we ask of you. Now get away from Shade before I have you thrown in the brig for insubordination, or tossed overboard." Was Angora even trying at this point, or did she just stop caring? Maybe this was a mistake after all.

Ilasi was satisfied with Maverick's disclosure of the matter. "That's very good to know," she said, audibly relieved. "Well, then... hopefully she proves to take my presence as well as she took the news. She seems to think that everyone's out to get her - and that seems to extend to me. Gods know that our restaurant outing didn't go well..." Ilasi made no attempt to hide her wariness, considering her last few encounters - and she went shortly back to eating afterwards.

"Yeah... not knowing or caring about your limits will do that to you," Latnok responded, as he switched his petting over to Chester. "Though I don't know why you'd bother with the drinks if they just make you feel ill without any of the fun. Anyway, we have plenty of booze on the ship, so it'll at least keep most of these men satisfied - or distracted enough to not care if they aren't satisfied."
As he spoke, he turned to face aft of the Enduring Legacy - the dock becoming smaller and smaller as the voyage went underway. This was going to be a long trip...
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:49:31 25/03/2019 by A Guy
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#203 Posted: 11:57:55 25/03/2019
Djinn was now juggling SWORDS. The only reason he wasn't juggling torches was the fact he was on a ship.
Grace finally finished scribbling whatever she was scribbling. She closed her book and placed it in her pouch, before approaching Latnok. She bowed casually and offered "If you need help with anything, I'm available."
Star commented "I thought it was supposed to be that Legendaries asked MORTALS to serve them, not ask for the reverse. Though, I suppose we should be grateful to have someone so powerful on our side."
Grace shrugged. "Eh, it's nothing so special. I just figured while I'm here I'd help out. Star, was it? Dialga wanted me to tell you that getting more time to tinker isn't a valid reason for using that ChronoModifier of yours."
Star turned a humorous shade of red. "I-I-I only d-did that once!"
"Well, he's been busy cleaning up the messes you make in the space-time continuum along with Palkia. None of the Legendaries seem to like it when you use that thing."
Star slumped slightly. "Would you tell him I'm sorry? I just wanted to finish a gadget, and wasn't thinking about the repercussions my invention has on the time stream."
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#204 Posted: 12:40:45 25/03/2019
"Well-- you've been busy I see.," Raclaw said looking at Star with a light-hearted smile. "You know, speaking of gadgets, I'm curious. What happens when you scan someone who is not a Pokémon with that Pokedéx of yours?," the fur dragon then asked taking the opportunity to fulfill an curiosity of his. He still meant to ask about the cybernetics, but had decided to wait on that subject. Chester, meanwhile, silently enjoyed the petting.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#205 Posted: 13:13:59 25/03/2019
Latnok gave the deck a brief scan, looking for any potential vacant tasks, before looking back at Grace. "We don't need any extra hands at the moment, from what I can see at least," he answered. "Risar might have something for you, but otherwise you can train for a bit." Speaking of Risar and free hands, Latnok recalled that Sere planned to actually make some prisoners full-fledged crew members (albeit on temporary probation) - he would undoubtedly get Risar's own thoughts on the matter.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#206 Posted: 13:15:14 25/03/2019
Star shrugged. "It inputs the data into a separate database." Reading Raclaw's expression, he guessed "You want to ask about the cybernetics, don't you? You've wanted to since that fight. I can see it in your expression. If you want to learn more..." The Zoroark dropped his cloak and his Illusion, standing at his full height. " I can easily show you." He tapped his claws against his chest. "Every part of my body can open up for maintenance on my cybernetics, including my chest." He opened a panel on his arm, showing the inner workings of his limb.
Grace took a step back. "But... How? I've heard of - and met - artificial Pokemon, but you're more like Genesect!" She was unnerved, to say the least.
Star looked at her. "I've been wounded dozens of times, both in fights and from my experiments. And now, I'm mostly machine." He closed the panel. "I have secrets upon secrets. Trying to fully understand me will only give you a headache."
Grace shivered. "I heard rumors. I now see that they're true."
Djinn was utterly oblivious, too busy juggling things. Finally, he stopped juggling and put his stuff away. He rummaged and pulled out a sandwich before eating it.
Grace looked at him. "To this day I have no idea where he gets those."
Star shrugs. "I'm sure some of the crew is wondering about it too."
---
#207 Posted: 17:51:54 25/03/2019
Angora's fears would indeed prove to be true. Sere quickly located her by Shade, and was less than pleased. "Laszur told you the deal," he telepathed to her. "You know the conditions. You know what we ask of you. Now get away from Shade before I have you thrown in the brig for insubordination, or tossed overboard." Was Angora even trying at this point, or did she just stop caring? Maybe this was a mistake after all.

Ilasi was satisfied with Maverick's disclosure of the matter. "That's very good to know," she said, audibly relieved. "Well, then... hopefully she proves to take my presence as well as she took the news. She seems to think that everyone's out to get her - and that seems to extend to me. Gods know that our restaurant outing didn't go well..." Ilasi made no attempt to hide her wariness, considering her last few encounters - and she went shortly back to eating afterwards.

As predictable as ever, Sere took some of his precious time just to be mean to her. But as usual, Angora knew exactly what to say.
"I'm simply bringing him his breakfast, nothing more. I was going to leave afterwards." she replied telepathically, resisting the urge to scream her lungs out. Why her? Why was Sere going out of his way to be cruel to her? He wasn't like that before. In the few times he decides to interact with her lately, it was to warn and threaten her. What did she do so wrong to deserve his cruelty? She had to rely on a complete stranger to get the help she needed, cause this old man, who knew her and her deeds refused to lift a finger to aid her in a moment of need, choosing instead to threaten and belittle her.

Maverick looked at Ilasi puzzled.
"I thought everything had gone well for you at that restaurant. I know Angorita can give the wrong impression, but she does like you. She simply has a hard time demonstrating it. She is still a proud creature after all. Heaven knows I had a hard time getting her to open up when we met." Maverick explained calmly, really trying to break that tension that still existed between his friend and girlfriend. Ilasi seemed to be too overly cautious around Angora, which was something Maverick wanted to fix.
---
#208 Posted: 18:09:26 25/03/2019
Sere would not be having any of it. "No one gave you permission to bring Shade breakfast. You will not be near him unless I, Laszur, Latnok, or Risar authorize it. Do not let me catch you again." Sere was already regretting letting Angora aboard. How did she manage to convince his immediate subordinates? And surely Angora knew the importance of eliminating Shade's reliance on her. He would be dead if he was deemed uncontrollable. It didn't matter what justification she could give at that point.

Ilasi's gaze began to subconsciously slip to the floor with the way the conversation was going. "Well... it didn't go as well as you hoped. And... you always take her side... but maybe I could get along with her more if I heard more than just empty words. For all your talk of her supposed kindness, I don't see her showing it to anyone but you and Shade. Have you ever considered that if so many people don't get along with her, maybe she should look at the most common factor?" As much as Ilasi hated bad-mouthing anyone, actions spoke louder than words - and Angora's actions said more to her than words from Maverick that she couldn't verify.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#209 Posted: 19:55:46 25/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“It smells good!” Shade said eyeing the pork chops. He then saw Angora was visibly distracted most likely by Sere. “It’s ok Angora. Just leave the pork chops for someone else. I can eat later.” He said. Though he was too big to go down below he was cable of getting his own food. “Let Maverick bring something over if he wants.”
---
SC
#210 Posted: 20:33:23 25/03/2019
Angora was nevertheless near Shade, and left the platter near him so he could eat alone. She then left to do some work around the ship, wanting to distract herself to prevent herself from crying. She hated Sere so much. After arriving to Falcon's Beak, Angora hoped deep inside that Sere would find out about the stranger helping her, so he could see for himself to what extremes she had to go through because he so cruelly refused to aid, he whom was suppose to be a Guardian that helped and protected others.

Ilasi's gaze began to subconsciously slip to the floor with the way the conversation was going. "Well... it didn't go as well as you hoped. And... you always take her side... but maybe I could get along with her more if I heard more than just empty words. For all your talk of her supposed kindness, I don't see her showing it to anyone but you and Shade. Have you ever considered that if so many people don't get along with her, maybe she should look at the most common factor?" As much as Ilasi hated bad-mouthing anyone, actions spoke louder than words - and Angora's actions said more to her than words from Maverick that she couldn't verify.

"Come on mi Ilasi. You know it isn't about sides. I know now many people like Angora, and I do admit many of her actions are questionable and wrong, but she is trying very hard to get better. But... nobody wants to give her that chance... or perhaps It's just me. Maybe I'm just too exagerrately patient." Maverick contemplated, starting to believe his exaggerated good nature made him one of the very few people able to befriend Angora.
"How I wish I could've been there to see what went so wrong between you. Angora can be mean, but... she has a great heart. She just rarely shows it due to being so bitter. But you've seen for yourself Ilasi. You witnessed the Galaxy Dragon when he appeared. How nice and polite he treats Angorita. He thinks very highly of her. Don't you... perhaps think... there might be a reason for it?" he then said, really wanting Ilasi to see, or at least try to give Angora a chance.
---
#211 Posted: 21:02:26 25/03/2019 | Topic Creator
”I’ll be ok Angora.” Shade telepathed to Angora. He then smiled in her direction. The morning sun shining off his scales and wings made him look pieceful. “I promise.” He said to himself. He then started to eat the meal Angora had left him. It tasted delicious. Maverick being a great cook had outdone himself.
---
SC
#212 Posted: 21:31:23 25/03/2019
Quote: darknessdawn
Star shrugged. "It inputs the data into a separate database." Reading Raclaw's expression, he guessed "You want to ask about the cybernetics, don't you? You've wanted to since that fight. I can see it in your expression. If you want to learn more..." The Zoroark dropped his cloak and his Illusion, standing at his full height. " I can easily show you." He tapped his claws against his chest. "Every part of my body can open up for maintenance on my cybernetics, including my chest." He opened a panel on his arm, showing the inner workings of his limb.
Grace took a step back. "But... How? I've heard of - and met - artificial Pokemon, but you're more like Genesect!" She was unnerved, to say the least.
Star looked at her. "I've been wounded dozens of times, both in fights and from my experiments. And now, I'm mostly machine." He closed the panel. "I have secrets upon secrets. Trying to fully understand me will only give you a headache."
Grace shivered. "I heard rumors. I now see that they're true."
Djinn was utterly oblivious, too busy juggling things. Finally, he stopped juggling and put his stuff away. He rummaged and pulled out a sandwich before eating it.
Grace looked at him. "To this day I have no idea where he gets those."
Star shrugs. "I'm sure some of the crew is wondering about it too."

"Woah...," Raclaw thought out loud as Star correctly figured his curiosity and proceeded to show off his cybernetics. "That is-- impressive. I can sense that your mind is still very much you.. erm original you. I'm curious; Can you still feel through all those cybernetics? Can you still feel the sensation of basic touch, such as how normal fur would react?," the Fur Dragon then asked rather curious on the subject. To be mostly machine is to be still be 'alive,' but what of the wind or even a slight breeze blowing gently across the tips of your fur? Just how 'alive' was Star beyond merely the original biological brain? Chester watched and had never seen such a thing before, although he couldn't imagine possibly going without possibility of feeling the sensation of being petted. The human hand, or any hand for that matter, was an amazing itch relief. And that was something that he, Dahlia, and Raclaw could agree on.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:55 25/03/2019 by redwes
#213 Posted: 21:33:47 25/03/2019
Ilasi listened patiently to Maverick, meeting his gaze - her face visibly softening as he spoke. Despite Ilasi's resentment, she couldn't help but be charmed as he kindly and patiently spoke to her. Is this real? Are we... really together? It was only about a day since the relationship became official, and she was still somewhat in disbelief.
"Oh, Maverick..." Ilasi began to look down again subconsciously. "Okay. I'll try again. One more time. I just... I want to see a little proof of this kindness to others I hear about. That's all... I will do it for you, though. I promise." Ilasi still had the lingering doubts about Angora, as nothing had confirmed Maverick's words - but she was going to have to learn to tolerate Angora anyway, if she was part of the package with Maverick.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#214 Posted: 21:45:36 25/03/2019
Maverick was grateful for Ilasi's attempts, though he could still sense her uneasiness.
"I won't pressure you Ilasi. Do things in your own time." He said, deciding to let Ilasi make the first move instead of forcing things. For now, they had jobs to do. Maverick always made sure to be close to Ilasi and keep an eye on his friends, both Shade's training and Angora's work. The troll looked so down, which really depressed him. He wished he could do something, but she was on her own now, and all he could do was wait and hope everything would turn out alright...
---
#215 Posted: 23:22:05 25/03/2019
Star grinned. "Yes, I still have my tactile sense. I wanted this body to be as close to biological as possible. It simulates my original form... With a few enhancements." He started combing his claws through his furry mane.
Grace looked concerned. "Any adverse effects?"
Star suddenly stopped grinning. "One. I have a time limit on my lifespan again. While my original body stopped aging due to all my time travel, this mechanical form still suffers from the ravages of time. Eventually, I just won't be able to maintain the machinery anymore."
Grace looked somewhere between concerned and confused.
---
#216 Posted: 00:18:39 26/03/2019
The beginning day of the voyage on the Enduring Legacy went uneventfully. The same could not be said of the events back on land.
As the day moved on and eventually turned into night, the weapons, equipment, and components that the workers back in Aelinon toiled to craft were being gathered, to be sent to the front lines. The human workers would be replaced with galud workers in the very same places, to make the most efficient use of the buildings.
Seraos was back in his castle, going over the plans for the initial days of the war with his experienced, battle-hardened generals - many bearing scars from the times they were on the front lines themselves. Was Glaveilio so prideful as to think that he would win this war? Or did he not think that Seraos would follow his word?
Finally... the moon settled in the sky, in the very spot it occupied when Seraos passed his ultimatum down. There was no missive. No message. Nothing.
"My king... it would seem that they have made their decision," one of his generals stated. "Their silence on the matter speaks just as much as any message would. "
Seraos let out an exasperated sigh. Why would Glaveilio do this? Just what was it? Would they really have to wage this bloody war rather than bringing the assassins to justice?
"It is time for us to act, my king. They do not fear us - we must instill that fear in them. They will resist, and there will be blood - but we will break them, as we have broken others throughout our history. And once we have crushed them under our boot and wiped any trace of their existence off the face of the world... there will be no one on the continent with the power or will to attack us. We will have a nation where our children can grow up without the fear of our borders being invaded. I have fought long and hard, and have watched many of my fellow soldiers fall by my side for the sake of the preservation of Aelinon... and we finally have a chance to show that their sacrifices were not in vain."
There was no more time to think. Now was the time for action. Seraos had given his word...
"Iacta alea est. We will answer."

As the days went by, Latnok, Laszur, and Sere continued to monitor Shade almost religiously. They put in their best efforts to ensure that Angora and Maverick were nowhere near Shade, and to catch any attempted telepathy by Angora (even if they couldn't decipher what she said.)
Laszur arose some time around noon. He already had a plan for the day. Now that Shade has had some time to adapt to not having the presence of his "family", the training could begin on a clean slate.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#217 Posted: 00:49:16 26/03/2019
Every night, Grace would return to her shy and timid Land Forme, and curled up in a ball until daylight. Djinn watched her jealously. Meanwhile, a low clanking hinted at whatever Star was up to. The Zoroark spent all night hard at work on various gadgets... Gadgets he never really finished. In the space he set up as his lab, numerous unfinished devices were strewn about. No one knew where he got his supplies, and no one would find out. He also created gear for the crew, should they desire it. During daylight hours, the Zoroark would stare ahead in the distance, searching for a hint of the shoreline.
Darkheart took to the skies at night, giving the ship space - and protection from aerial threats.
This particular day, Grace woke up and stretched before rushing outside. She had a funny feeling about today.
As did Star. When Latnok got up, Star was already outside, staring at the sky ahead. He was mumbling notes on the day, his observations, and the ship's approximate position, geographically speaking. He wanted to be prepared for anything.
Djinn had developed a reputation among the crew for magic, using it for literally everything. Grace was tempted to have him teach his spells to the Ardent Guardians. They could use them, very little of their magic was for directly attacking, and some monsters were easier to fight through spells rather than blades.
---
#218 Posted: 02:02:41 26/03/2019
As the days/nights passed and Raclaw found himself once again aboard the Enduring Legacy-- the usual routines returned with the addition of some new ones. With their existing cabins still in place including the not-quite-Easy-Eerie-quality bed, Raclaw and Latok would retain their separate rooms at least for the purpose of sleeping. Space was at a premium, so whatever eventual living solution they would come up with would have to wait 'till then. As the nights fell and Darkheart took to the skies-- Raclaw would briefly stare out his window onto the moving ocean and onto the black shadow that blotted out the stars as it moved. The Fur Dragon didn't know why he felt how he felt; he just knew that he did. Perhaps it because Darkheart was the first true dragoness he had ever encountered or perhaps it was something more. Whatever the reason, though, a small but growing part of him couldn't help but feel *something* as he briefly gazed before eventually falling asleep. Chester could recognize the glance and wondered just what would await their futures.

During the days-- Raclaw would spend much of his time with Latnok to no one's surprise. The two bonded companions would eat together, train together, and even occasionally take a load off together. Alcohol wasn't entirely unheard of to the Fur Dragon and even though it required some additional effort on Latnok's part; the two would sometimes share in process of winding down for the day. When Latnok was busy elsewhere or would turn in early for bed, Raclaw would sometimes spend some time with Angora so as to help comfort the troll during her separation from Shade. And at other times, Raclaw would try to bring Angora and Latnok closer together even if only slightly. His efforts would not be entirely in vain, as Angora was at least slightly less frightened of the beloved Guardian and technically owner. And Latnok had seemed slightly willing at least, even if he doubted the troll's efforts at trying.

Risar, for his part, would do his job-- watching over the crew (including the newcomers), the troublesome trio that was Shade/Angora/Mav, and over the now mostly ex-prisoners. Although not all of the prisoners could be trusted (a certain "Henry" came to mind), many had adapted well to life and work on the ship. Those who were trustworthy 'enough' be be allowed more freedom and would be burdened less verses their prisoner counterparts. Those who couldn't be trusted would continue under the old program for a not-yet-determined amount of time. Perhaps they may one day become redeemable or perhaps they'll eventually find themselves destined to rot in a jail cell somewhere. When Risar wasn't on duty or when he was less busy, he would often stare out onto the distance sea thinking about many things. Somewhere out there were his brothers, perhaps free like he was or perhaps less so. When the minotaur would think about such things -- he would often place a hand on his back shoulder; the same back shoulder. Underneath his armor and tough outer exterior... the mark of the phoenix and of his old 'house' still remained. The mark of three-of-a-kind with only two other known individuals carrying it.

As the sun rose once again and a new day came to be-- Raclaw could feel that *something* was different yet familiar. "We're in the danger zone again, aren't we?," Chester barked recognizing that something was off. "We are.," Raclaw said as he awoke bright and early. He had grown rather accustomed to Latnok's schedule and Chester couldn't sleep much longer anyway, although there would always be times when one or both of them occasionally slept in. As a general precaution, he had also asked Damon to 'secure' the tail artifact and ensure that they didn't activate during any partially 'rough' dreams. The last thing he wanted was a repeat of the hotel room and thus far-- Damon had been successful keeping the artifact in 'tail band' form during one nightmare in particular. And it wouldn't be long until the fur dragon/dog duo soon made their way onto the main deck of the Enduring Legacy...
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:19:25 26/03/2019 by redwes
#219 Posted: 03:17:27 26/03/2019
The days went very slowly for Angora. Most of her jobs invoved cleaning the ship, doing watches in the cold and windy crow's nest or feeding Veris when Sere was too busy to do it himself.
"Well Veris, looks like you'll be my Shade for a while... a hungrier, non talkative one. I know you don't love me and only want me around for the food... but it's still very nice to be with you." she would say to the wyvern, sometimes cleaning his pen too. She would even attent Dahlia's needs when Maverick was overworked with the cooking. In very few occasions, she would spy on Shade's training to see if there was any progress. She never tried to communicate with the dragolet, not even telepathically, correctly assuming that Sere had enough resources and magic to know if she would do such a thing. In the times Latnok interacted with her, Angora would greet him politely, yet nearly emotionlessly. Latnok hadn't been mean to her unlike his boss, but she still attributed his kindness to Raclaw. She believed there was no way for Latnok to have a heart of his own. He treated her so awfully before, and now that Sere was doing the same, she was grateful to Raclaw for helping to stop at least one of the Guardians from being so cruel to her. And yet it still wasn't enough. Sere was so strict with her, and seemed to scold her for every little thing. He didn't treat anybody else that way, not even Maverick. While she never shed a tear in front of anybody, she would still choose a few corners on the ship to sob quietly, the moments happening so often that her eyes became swollen. She doubted anyone but Shade or Maverick would even care about why she was that way, but even if they did, she hoped they attributed it to lack of sleep.

Maverick's stay was quite pleasant, especially when he had Ilasi and Dahlia bonding with him and each other. Most of his job was navigation and tracing, and his special compass came remarkably handy. Most of his cooking was from his own will, though he sometimes found himself taking requests. He would also find times to be with Angora, but each time she would dismiss him in fear of venting and crying in front of him. He didn't know if Ilasi had found the time to talk to her, but even if she didn't, he still had faith that his girlfriend would give the little troll that chance and see for herself what a big heart she actually had when people bother to be patient and kind with her.
---
#220 Posted: 03:57:27 26/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Another high ranking official spoke as well. “My lord forgive me. But will this move not bring down the wrath of Orion? This move will no doubt get his attention and I’m sure what happened already has.” The official had heard the legends and rumors floating about him. “And what of the power we got from the scourge of Redwater? What do we do with the little we got?”

Shade meanwhile had not had an outburst sense they left. He occasionally saw Maverick and Angora but said nothing just only smiled at them letting them know he was ok. Just seeing them alone was good enough for him to try.
---
SC
#221 Posted: 06:29:29 26/03/2019
OOC: I will fully encourage shipping Raclaw and Darkheart. They're actually surprisingly compatible, heh.

Star took notice of the conditions of his old allies. Angora seemed to have something stressing her, and Shade was for all intents and purposes forbidden from having any friends. He wasn't good with people, however, and being aware of it he didn't ask Angora what was wrong, silently scrutinizing her expression as he scrutinized everyone else. He had never cared much about species, and only Humans had any prejudice from him (which he was fully aware of). Angora and Latnok were the first two members of the original group he truly bonded with. Of course he paid particular attention to them.
Grace, however, also picked up on the darker emotions, her Gracidea bloom wilting in the presence of anger, fear, and such. She shivered when this happened, suddenly feeling tired, which meant she was often shaking. There's so little gratitude on board... And so much darkness. What has happened in this land to make the people so harsh? she found herself wondering.
Djinn would watch everything without taking any of it seriously. He was easily the most light-hearted of the bunch. The Hoopa cheerfully joined in activities, whether he was wanted or not, and he usually wasn't wanted.
And Helen seemed to actually feed off it, while Spike suffered immense anxiety at the emotional turmoil surrounding him.
Darkheart found herself shaking in Raclaw's presence, feeling something she hadn't felt before. She would feel a sudden warmth in her cheeks, and tightness, and an instinctive need for his presence, daydreaming about him if she wasn't preoccupied otherwise.
---
#222 Posted: 09:05:51 26/03/2019
Seraos had met Orion before - but did not fear his interference. "And what would he do? Protect criminals? Protect those who would endanger us? Where was he throughout our entire history as we fought for our very own survival? Not protecting us, that's certain. He will not interfere. He has tried to threaten me once - but it will not happen. We have the Void Breaker - and something else as well... And as for the power of the Scourge - we need not show our hand yet. That will be our trump card..."

Laszur stepped out on deck, to the sound of men hard at work. Most on board wouldn't know him - most times he had to meet someone he wasn't working with, it was either for their capture or assassination. He wore plain clothing fit for the sea, and a translucent cloth to soften the sun on his eyes. Magic would work as well - it took more effort to maintain than simply wrapping the cloth, however.
Shade was on the deck, in his usual spot - many dared not get close to him. Laszur brought himself up to the dragon without hesitation.
"Well, Scourge," he said, without trying to hide his disdain. "You are going to begin your lessons in obedience today. I will give you orders, and you will follow them, no matter how you feel about them. Do I make myself clear?"

Latnok wasn't completely oblivious - over time, he would begin to pick up on the triggers behind Raclaw's more "warm" emotions. Of course, his subtlety in the matter would be extremely lacking, even with the very first time he mentioned such a thing.
"So, Raclaw... how's it gonna go? We have enough alcohol to give a behemoth a buzz. How about I cook up a nice meal, get a big tub of wine, light some candles, and just leave you and our dragoness friend to have a little chat?" Latnok hadn't exactly played matchmaker before - he was going purely off the stereotypical fancy date.

Leoquin, mounted on the crow's nest with a wide field of vision of what was to come, meticulously took observations of what was to come. There were the landmarks to show that they were making progress - the most notable thing, however, was the mass of clouds very far off in the distance. They would be going through a storm - but there would be plenty of time to prepare. Though he was, in typical merman fashion, more than happy to be in the rain, it would force him into his aquatic form for a time. At the very least, he wouldn't want to be up on the crow's nest when it hit. He would present his observations to Sere later, though the captain most likely had some idea of what was going to happen, as would the rest of the crew.
As Ilasi completed her daily water purification, she noticed Leoquin as he used his various tools to make measurements. "Anything interesting?" she asked.
"Just stormy weather up ahead," he replied nonchalantly, not taking his eyes off the horizon. "We have time. You think they'll keep the dragoness inside the wyvern pen during the storm? Doubt she and the Scourge would both be able to fit." Ilasi felt very bad for Shade - she knew Leoquin had a point, however, and doubted he would take kindly to her voicing any support for Shade.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:35:11 26/03/2019 by A Guy
#223 Posted: 10:13:07 26/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“From the legends I’ve heard he protects the balance of good and evil. But what if we are going to war for the wrong reasons? What if it wasn’t the king who ordered the attacks and assassinaton attempt?” The official said.

“Yes sir. But can I ask one thing? Can I be called Shade? Being called the scourge of Redwater makes me feel bad and lowers my self esteem.” Shade respectively said.
---
SC
#224 Posted: 12:03:15 26/03/2019
A third general butted in, giving his own thoughts on the matter. "Where was this 'balance' of good and evil when most humans on this continent were being oppressed by the dragon overlords? Did he deem their own actions in pursuit of power to be good? If he were to intervene, he would have done so long ago. If the king of Silvianesti didn't order those actions, why has he not punished those responsible, as we have asked? The attacks on our people had traces of ancient elven magic. The attempted regicide was undoubtedly a coordinated action by Silvianesti - they knew where to attack, were well-coordinated, wielded Silvianesti weapons, and the soldiers had their currency on them - which they attempted to hide in the general area before it. This was them - and they will answer."
King Seraos continued to sit on his throne - which was little more than a somewhat fancy, built-in seat - as he listened to the discussion. "General... do you doubt the righteousness of our cause? If so, you have my permission to resign. But if you are with us, I will need your full cooperation, regardless of your feelings on the matter. I have already given my word, and our people are eager to have the elves punished for their crimes - to backtrack on my word at this point would be disastrous for the stability in f our nation within, as well as our own safety. It would cause others to see us as weak, and give them the courage to attack us with impunity. Many before me have worked hard to keep Aelinon alive, and I will not be the one to have it collapse on itself."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#225 Posted: 12:31:37 26/03/2019
Back at the ship, Angora proceeded to do her assigned and not assigned tasks, ignoring everybody on board, even her beloved friends. Helen, Spike, Grace and Djinn, strange looking creatures just like herself. They weren't treating her badly, which lead Angora to believe they have never heard anyone badmouthing her. This could've been her chance to befriend somebody, but with the state she was in, she was afraid to mess things up. She continued to do things silently, her sorrow and actual lack of sleep these last days making her seem a couple of years older despite still being the same size.

Maverick also continued to do his work, looking at Angora painfully and hating not being able to do anything for her. When Sere ordered her around, he was slightly more harsh with her, but he knew he would make things worse for the both of them if he tried to say something. When will that man ever give the poor troll a break?

Doing some map reading one day, Maverick briefly looked up only to see Ilasi talking to the rude merman Leoquin. He got curious as to what they were talking about, but he simply shrank his shoulders and buried his nose on the map again. Got him wondering if Leoquin already knew about him and Ilasi's new relationship. She chose him, the monkey man, above another merfolk. It was quite a miraculous turn of events. Maverick at one time believed Ilasi would hit it off with Leoquin since they were the same kind and after he disappointed Ilasibso many times. It was still incredible how everything turned out.
---
#226 Posted: 13:08:03 26/03/2019
Laszur stood sharp as he addressed Shade with an authoritarian tone, his visage reflecting his words. "You will have your name back when you earn it," he asserted. "No one cares about your self-esteem. Do you think you deserve to be proud of yourself after what you've done? Once you have learned complete respect and obedience to authority, then you will get your name back." Laszur was firm and uncompromising in his demeanor, having a mission and intending to see it through.

Despite what it may have seemed like, Sere was paying attention to Angora's actions - like he did everyone else's. There was something about them that he had to consider, however...
"Angora. Come here, to me," he ordered. Some action was in order...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#227 Posted: 15:21:38 26/03/2019 | Topic Creator
"I just have a hunch that it was an unknown party that wants this war. But whatever you decide to do my king I am with you."

"I was never proud of myself after that and I will never be proud." Shade said. He looked down. He then took a breath. "I will obey."
---
SC
#228 Posted: 15:47:48 26/03/2019
Laszur seemed satisfied with Shade's answer. "Good. Now, your first task in obedience - respect. While you are on this ship, you will refer to everyone as 'sir' or 'ma'am'. In addition, you will not question the orders given to you by those in charge of you. When you are asked something, you will always respond. Is that clear enough for you?" Laszur looked at Shade, expecting an answer - the very first test.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#229 Posted: 16:30:51 26/03/2019
Maverick was below deck, attending to Dahlia's needs. As usual, he was talking to his mount.
"You know, I still can't believe what has happened all these days. Ilasi, she's with me. She talks to Leoquin normally, so I doubt he knows about us. Sometimes I wish I could tell him so I can rub it in his face. He's so rude and disrespectful." he expressed to the dirt buffalo, Leoquin having been one of the very few beings who ever got any negative emotions out of Maverick since starting his new life.

Despite what it may have seemed like, Sere was paying attention to Angora's actions - like he did everyone else's. There was something about them that he had to consider, however...
"Angora. Come here, to me," he ordered. Some action was in order...

Angora was cleaning the main deck effortlessly, already getting used to the work. She flinched when Sere called to her. As much as she despised it, she obeyed.
"Yes captain?" she asked in a nearly robotic voice as she approached him, expecting more mistreatment and abuse from his part, but at that point, she felt like she was made out of stone. She was even prepared for a slap. What more could Sere want from her besides someone to be cruel to?
---
#230 Posted: 16:37:58 26/03/2019
Sere looked down at Angora. This time, his expression was neutral, and his face somewhat softer. "Your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed," he told her. "Take the next two days off." Sere didn't shy away from disciplining Angora - but it was just as important to encourage good behavior as it was to punish bad behavior. "If anyone bothers you, tell then to talk to me."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#231 Posted: 16:50:53 26/03/2019
All Angora could say was what possessed him. He couldn't be this kind by himself, could he? Perhaps either Latnok or Raclaw suggested it? Maybe Risar whom he greatly respected? The minotaur didn't seem to think highly of her, but at least he has never been mean to her.
"Ok..." was all she could reply, still expecting something more. With some free time, she believed it would only mean she would get bored. She was forbidden to talk to Shade, and Maverick had his own work plus Ilasi, so the two of them were out of the question. It was so hard to make friends, especially when you weren't good at it...
---
#232 Posted: 17:06:20 26/03/2019
OOC: Latnok isn't even close to subtle. I actually kinda like it. Now then, I have a plot. If everyone agrees, Angora can visit the Noctus Woods.
Spike became more and more distraught. As a Togekiss, he thrived on joy and happiness. Neither of which was exactly in large amounts on board the Enduring Legacy.
Grace joined Star in watching the sky. Finally she asked him about it. "You've spent every day up here just watching the sky. What are you doing?"
Star pointed ahead. "First and foremost, I'm watching the weather. We have a storm coming, and it's not going to be pretty. Anyone who's not already got their 'sea legs' is going to be VERY ill. Second, I've been calculating our position. Third..." He subtly gestures to Shade and Angora and drops his voice to a whisper. "I'm worried about my friends."
Grace didn't quite get what he meant. "Oh, so you know the troll and that mysterious 'scourge of redwater'."
Star hushed her. "I've adventured with both in the past. As is frustratingly common for humans, the entire crew seems to be rejecting both out of hand. I was especially close to Angora... I can tell she's been crying. A lot lately. But what can I do about it? I'm not good with people, we bonded over a shared interest in technology. I'll be more than useless at comforting her. I don't even have the courage to ask what's bothering her. This is the sort of thing my beloved, and Kira, were good at."
Grace suggested "Why don't we contact them. Djinn IS a Hoopa."
Star blinked. Why haven't I thought of that? We could set Angora up to speak with them! THEY'D know how to help!" Star began daydreaming about his beloved, a Zoroark named Shade (what was with that name? It seemed to be quite popular). He remembered his Absol friend Kira, last of the Blade tribe. He remembered Stone, the Golurk guardian of his sacred home.
Grace called over Djinn, and after warning him that this was to be kept secret (they doubted Sere would approve), told him the plan. That night, he would lead Angora over to Star's lab and the three would offer for Angora to speak to those dwelling in the Noctus Woods. If she accepted, Djinn would transport her there, alongside Star so she would be treated as a friend rather than foe. They would have a time limit, but Angora would get to meet the group.
---
#233 Posted: 17:16:57 26/03/2019
Sere was rather dissatisfied with Angora's response, her tone and casual answer coming off as an attempt to slight him. "That's 'Captain' or 'Sir' to you," he rapidly reprimanded. "I did not give you permission to be disrespectful. When you speak to me, I expect a solid and respectful answer - just like I would from every other member of the crew. Do not make me regret giving you this reprieve." Sere sighed internally - give Angora an inch, and she takes a mile...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#234 Posted: 18:41:32 26/03/2019
Angora almost smiled, this being a response she expected. She was being neutral and emotionless for sure, but she wasn't being rude. Sere simply took the ommition of one word disrespectful.
"Ok. Sorry sir. Captain." she said in the same neutral tone, honestly expecting absolutely anything from this man. She was being meek and submissive, yet she still received the notorious scold, all because she left one single word out. She hoped somebody was nearby to see this, so they could ser for themselves how much Sere abused his power over yet. A troll who wanted absolutely no trouble, yet still gets it.
---
#235 Posted: 20:15:01 26/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Laszur seemed satisfied with Shade's answer. "Good. Now, your first task in obedience - respect. While you are on this ship, you will refer to everyone as 'sir' or 'ma'am'. In addition, you will not question the orders given to you by those in charge of you. When you are asked something, you will always respond. Is that clear enough for you?" Laszur looked at Shade, expecting an answer - the very first test.

“Yes sir.” Shade Shade said. “May I ask a question sir?”
---
SC
#236 Posted: 20:58:07 26/03/2019
Laszur gave Shade a look of curiosity. "Permission granted. What do you have for me?" he asked. Shade asked permission to ask a question before being told to do so - it seemed that learning respect might actually not be too hard for him, with him being proactive on the matter.

With their chat done, Ilasi wandered off as Leoquin got himself down from the crow's nest. Leoquin decided it would probably be a good idea to report his observations to Sere.
After some searching (Sere not being difficult to find), Leoquin found him by the bow, facing forward. "Captain!" Leoquin called.
Sere turned around. "What is it?" he asked.
"Storm up ahead. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be moving - our distance between it has only changed as much as we've moved. We should have a few hours."
Sere thought for a moment. Traces of the storm were becoming more visible, though very far off. "Interesting. Get some rest - I'll likely need you on deck when it hits, considering you can help others who fall overboard. We'll start making preparations. Tell Ilasi the same thing."
"Aye-aye, captain!" Leoquin eagerly acknowledged, as he set off to fulfill the captain's orders.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#237 Posted: 20:59:19 26/03/2019
OOC: No complaints here. And yeah-- subtlety isn't exactly Latnok's thing. smilie

Latnok wasn't completely oblivious - over time, he would begin to pick up on the triggers behind Raclaw's more "warm" emotions. Of course, his subtlety in the matter would be extremely lacking, even with the very first time he mentioned such a thing.
"So, Raclaw... how's it gonna go? We have enough alcohol to give a behemoth a buzz. How about I cook up a nice meal, get a big tub of wine, light some candles, and just leave you and our dragoness friend to have a little chat?" Latnok hadn't exactly played matchmaker before - he was going purely off the stereotypical fancy date.

"So uh-- you know.," Raclaw said somewhat embarrassed as he began to blush. He shouldn't have been surprised-- of course Latnok knew. They were linked after all, although some subtlety on the subject might've been appreciated if not unexpected. And of course, Latnok wasn't the only one new to love. Raclaw, himself, had never truly seen an dragoness before nor had he ever experienced *those* emotions before. The tightness, the warmth, the almost instinctive need to be around the black dragoness even if they weren't directly interacting. He didn't even know what was the best way to approach all of this, although of course Darkheart had already made the first move. Unless it hadn't meant what he thought it meant.. and he had been mistaken all along? The fur dragon didn't even know what else to say when Chester spoke up. "Comeon Raclaw-- we both know. It's obvious that you like this dragoness.," Chester said looking up at his embarrassed friend and master. He had seen Raclaw gazing out as Darkheart flew and blotted out the stars.

"Well uh-- I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.," Raclaw managed to respond drooping his ears sheepishly. He was clearly quite embarried over the subject.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:57 26/03/2019 by redwes
#238 Posted: 21:35:17 26/03/2019
OOC: As long as no one else objects... It's happening.
Star had also observed the storm's lack of movement. "It's no natural storm. I've seen something similar back in my world..."
Grace finished his sentence. "But such things are usually the creation of powerful Legendaries."
Djinn looked nervous. "I don't like the looks of that."
Darkheart hurried to the deck. She couldn't dare to fly in these conditions! Her thoughts went to Raclaw. When the storm hit, she could hide with a shadow and wait it out without getting wet, but he couldn't use such storm avoidance methods.
Helen retreated into the stables, along with the ruffled Spike.
Star, Grace, and Djinn waited on the deck, prepared to face the storm... And whatever had brought it.
The spirit of the Prison Bottle resumed his dark whispering. A storm approaches... But I can feel it's supernatural nature. I feel a force that must be it's cause. Such things, if as powerful as they seem, will be a barrier to my conquest... And must be eliminated!!! He pushed a tiny piece of his horrible power outward, forming a magical eye with which to watch the proceedings. He couldn't manifest further; the Prison Bottle was too powerful.
---
#239 Posted: 21:50:34 26/03/2019
OOC: I should probably hit F5 before posting.

Latnok wasn't expecting Raclaw to be so willing to try it out after being so shy and reluctant. "Come on, you've already went through one adventure with her," he said. "It'll be just like old times."
Latnok wasn't going to wait for further opinions from Raclaw on the matter, however, having already been given the okay. "HEY! DARKHEART!" he telepathed forcefully to the dragoness. "COME OVER HERE!" Latnok's increased sensitivity to others, however, showed itself once more, if only in a minor matter - he realized how that might have come off as, recalling that he was one of Sere's immediate subordinates on the journey. "That's a request, not an order!" No doubt Raclaw would be able to pick up on the telepathy through the mental link. Latnok wondered how either party would take this event.

Sere noted the odd eye coming out of his hyperspace bag. There was little doubt as to the source - it would be the Prison Bottle, the object he just added. "Observe," he telepathed to the spirit. "You can try as you might - the only thing you will ever see is how, despite the hardships, we will prevail in the end. You want me dead, don't you? You can watch me live, live long enough for me and my allies to build what you've sought to destroy." Sere didn't know how much the spirit inside would care, but a little badgering wouldn't hurt.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:34 26/03/2019 by A Guy
#240 Posted: 22:10:47 26/03/2019
Darkheart nearly jumped right out of her skin. She hurried to Latnok's location. "Please be a little less sudden with the telepathy. I nearly had a heart attack- hi Raclaw!" She suddenly felt that strange warmth in her cheeks. "Um... W-why did you c-call me?" she stuttered.
The spirit of the Prison Bottle turned its hateful gaze upon Sere. If you truly intend to build and protect... You should be careful. That storm... Only a being of tremendous strength could create such a thing. In my home world, creatures who could do so were counted among the ranks of Legends. And it's as much a nuisance for me as for you. I will eliminate it myself if it's still alive once I am freed from this accursed Prison Bottle. The spirit was by no means subtle about his intentions. At least he was being honest.
Djinn shivered at the approaching storm.
---
#241 Posted: 22:39:09 26/03/2019
"Oh. I'm sorry," Latnok said - in a neutral tone, suggesting he meant it but wasn't overly concerned. "Anyway, I think it's time for a little fellowship. I'm rather curious to see how my two dragon friends get along in a more relaxed environment than what we had last time. The others we've been with are all occupied... except Star, who ... well, I don't want him constantly interrupting things for some reason or another like he does with all of his doohickeys. So here's what will happen - you two will head into Veris' pen. I'll prepare a nice meal for the two of you, and some other refreshments. We'll see how things go from there." Of course, Raclaw knew exactly where Latnok was going - Latnok didn't believe that Darkheart would have any particular reason to know, however, besides confirmation bias.

Sere audibly scoffed at the audacity of the spirit for suggesting such a thing. "How stupid do you think I am?" he asked. "You getting free of that thing is infinitely worse than whatever little drizzle we're going to be up against."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#242 Posted: 22:45:36 26/03/2019
Raclaw blushed embarrassingly-- having not expected Latnok to *immediately* get the ball rolling. "Uh.. hi Darkheart!," he managed to say before Latnok explained what was going to go down. That was IF Darkheart accepted...
---
#243 Posted: 23:07:11 26/03/2019
Darkheart was now visibly red. "O-okay then L-Latnok!"
The spirit laughed, a horrible sound that echoed up Sere's spine and vibrated his bones. You really think I considered that a possibility? You've proven too strong-willed to use as a puppet. No, I'm merely planning ahead in case you don't kill the source of the storm. I've had millennia to plan my Multiversal Domination. What's a few more centuries?
---
#244 Posted: 23:26:54 26/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Laszur gave Shade a look of curiosity. "Permission granted. What do you have for me?" he asked. Shade asked permission to ask a question before being told to do so - it seemed that learning respect might actually not be too hard for him, with him being proactive on the matter.

With their chat done, Ilasi wandered off as Leoquin got himself down from the crow's nest. Leoquin decided it would probably be a good idea to report his observations to Sere.
After some searching (Sere not being difficult to find), Leoquin found him by the bow, facing forward. "Captain!" Leoquin called.
Sere turned around. "What is it?" he asked.
"Storm up ahead. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be moving - our distance between it has only changed as much as we've moved. We should have a few hours."
Sere thought for a moment. Traces of the storm were becoming more visible, though very far off. "Interesting. Get some rest - I'll likely need you on deck when it hits, considering you can help others who fall overboard. We'll start making preparations. Tell Ilasi the same thing."
"Aye-aye, captain!" Leoquin eagerly acknowledged, as he set off to fulfill the captain's orders.

“Do I have to listen to the other crew members that are below the ranks of you, Sere, and Latnok? Because some I’m more worried about them abusing power over me if that’s the case, sir.” Shade respectfully said.
---
SC
#245 Posted: 23:45:49 26/03/2019
Latnok wasn't quite sure why Darkheart had a noticeable change in coloration, but he had the okay from both parties now. "Okay - you two can relax in the wyvern pen for now and keep Veris some company while I get some nice food prepared for you," he said. "Or you can stay out here until the storm hits. The wyvern pen is a little more... secluded, though, in case you don't want everyone and their mother bothering you. Try not to have too much fun without me." Latnok soon left, without much concern for how much time it would take him to prepare an adequate meal. The two would have some time together now..."

"Besides Risar, no one other than those you mentioned are authorized to give you orders," Laszur assured. "You must, of course, act within reason - if someone asks you to move out of the way, you should oblige them."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#246 Posted: 23:58:06 26/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“Understandable. I tend to stay out of the way anyways so you don’t have to worry about that.” Shade said. “Is there anything I can do to help? The approaching storm looks bad.”
---
SC
#247 Posted: 03:12:27 27/03/2019
While news of the event reached Angora when Leoquin told Sere, she wasn't worried, or nervous. Maybe it was her time to show off a bit and improve her image, although she was tempted not to help Sere if he found himself in danger. He cushioned him and Veris' fall when battling against the White Shadow, yet she was never acknowledged for it. It was possible Sere gave her a brief thanks in that time, but given the way he has been treating her, she honestly couldn't remember. Since she would have the next two days free, she was planning on what she could do during that time, though she didn't have much time to think with the upcoming storm, which looked like it was stationary. They were close to Falcon's Beak for sure, although Angora didn't believe a creature was causing it. The White Shadow was defeated and wouldn't return for a very long time according to Orion. What else could there be out there?

As Angora pondered, she noticed Ilasi alone not so far from there. She was expecting her to be with Maverick, or even Leoquin, but she was all alone. However, she couldn't find how to approach her. Angora still believed Ilasi hated her, but... that wasn't going to change if nobody ever made the first move. The troll already cried until she couldn't no more, so insults and rejections weren't going to do anything to her. To approach Ilasi, Angora discretely rolled an apple she kept in her pocket for a midday snack, and finally close to her, that's when she took her chance to break the ice.
"So now... another accursed storm. I've heard merfolks transform against their will with water. Good thing you have Maverick. He's too kindhearted, to almost the point of annoyance." Angora commented casually, hating the way she began the conversation, but that was the best that came out of her head.
---
#248 Posted: 03:26:51 27/03/2019
Latnok wasn't quite sure why Darkheart had a noticeable change in coloration, but he had the okay from both parties now. "Okay - you two can relax in the wyvern pen for now and keep Veris some company while I get some nice food prepared for you," he said. "Or you can stay out here until the storm hits. The wyvern pen is a little more... secluded, though, in case you don't want everyone and their mother bothering you. Try not to have too much fun without me." Latnok soon left, without much concern for how much time it would take him to prepare an adequate meal. The two would have some time together now..."

Raclaw looked at both Darkheart and Latnok awkwardly when every involved party had indeed approved of the involved interaction-- aka the first date. Chester looked at Raclaw briefly and barked something understandable only to Latnok and Raclaw. "Want support?," the little Beagle barked knowing how awkward/embarrassing such a first moment would inevitably be. "Go.," Raclaw responded in one single bark as Chester turned to follow Latnok. Perhaps the little dog would get scraps or something. It was rare for the two canine-like friends to ever separate, but this was a special moment and Darkheart was a special dragon. As soon as the others were gone-- Raclaw looked at Darkheart. "Well-- shall we go inside?," he said with a somewhat awkward smile.
---
#249 Posted: 03:43:23 27/03/2019
"Just be on guard for anything unusual," Laszur told Shade. "Not much is known about these waters - at least not nowadays. They weren't always like this." Laszur looked out to the sea - it was almost like he was sent on a suicide mission. At least, that's what others might think when they heard of him being sent off like that.

Ilasi was visibly startled by Angora's sudden appearance, and surprised by her seemingly initiating a conversation. "Oh, uh, hey Angora... yeah, the whole transformation thing isn't all it's made out to be. Just nature's way of making sure we're always ready to swim, I guess... Maverick insisted on carrying me the last time I was in my aquatic form. Sometimes, I wonder what I ever did to deserve his kindness..." Ilasi's gaze subconsciously drifted away as she started mentioning Maverick - though her confidence had grown, there was still something to be desired.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#250 Posted: 03:49:12 27/03/2019
OOC: Sere should have been careful what the spirit of the Prison Bottle overheard. He's found another target for his temptations and offers. Let's see how strong Angora's will really is.
Darkheart nodded, her face turning redder and redder. She couldn't stop blushing, and had no clue why!
The spirit of the Prison Bottle found Angora a rather curious - and appealing - target to tempt. He began mentally reciting a speech. He gently prodded Sere's mind, to get his attention. Tell me about the troll. I desire information. Surely you would be willing to indulge my curiosity? The eye gazed at Sere, seemingly looking through Sere into his very soul. I doubt it would be dangerous to anyone. She seems... Emotionally distraught, almost to her limit. An almost completely broken soul. Such things... I have not seen often. I notice you treat her harshly. Is there a particular reason for this? The spirit laughed quietly, already planning how to tempt her. Or do you simply dislike her for some reason? he asked, disguising the reason for his laughing.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me