Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2151 Posted: 22:05:10 12/07/2019
When Martus arrived, he gave a quick nod. "So I believe you have been informed of yesterday's... wait a second," he began, wasting no time, only to be interrupted by an observation. "You. What's your name?" he asked, directing to Latnok.
"I'm Latnok - one of the guys here running the show when the captain's not around," he answered. "Same deal with our friend Risar here." Latnok found it a bit rude that Martus was only asking for his name specifically, but would soon find out why.
"So, Latnok. Discolored skin, burn scars on the face... just like the captain. Well, that confirms that."
"What is it? What are you talking about?" Latnok asked, hiding his annoyance at the seeming beating around the bush.
"The same traits as the captain... and of the supposed criminal. Duessul ordered him arrested on the grounds that the distinct features were unmistakable. I thought the captain looked a bit tall, and much older. But this - this proves that those traits aren't so unique."
Latnok needed a moment to process the chieftain's comments. A man with the same traits as him and the captain? Another Guardian? Perhaps... Adjudicator Julian? But why would he be a criminal? What was going on?
That would all be something to worry about later. For now, Latnok had to focus on what they needed to do to get the captain back.
"So does this mean you can release the captain?"
"Not quite so simple," Martus said. "Now that he is in our custody, it would take our votes to release him. You would have my vote, for having done that task for me. I'm sure some of the others will be more inclined to vote for you, with Duessul and his influence not being a factor and with proof that the features the captain was arrested for aren't unique - though they may feel like playing a game or two along the way. A trial, or something along those lines. Old custom, and people are naturally curious about the outsiders. And, of course, there are at least two of Duessul's old bootlickers who I doubt will change their mind even with this new information."
Latnok took a moment to think about all he was told. Now, how to proceed from here...
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2152 Posted: 23:57:46 12/07/2019
Angora was about to take a peek at the island to see if she spotted the cyclops. She wanted to ask permission to somebody in the island about Veris, though she hoped that beast wasn't there. She was even tempted to go to the island without Latnok's approval, but she knew that could spell way too much trouble for her, and also Maverick. She wasn't going to do it only for her hybrid friend's sake. The temptation was over when she started overhearing the conversation between Latnok and the strange man. Was Latnok... perhaps... the criminal they had been looking for? She didn't like Sere, but she firmly believed Latnok was a worse person than he was, most likely not above criminal activity. Maybe he was the one they were looking for? Him arrested would please her quite a bit as well. That way, both protégée and master could feel what they made her feel.

Meanwhile, Maverick continued distributing the food cart, not caring about why that man was there. Business about the captain no doubt. Whatever it was, everyone would know sooner or later, so he made no attempts to listen to the conversation.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#2153 Posted: 13:04:11 13/07/2019
Tyraika glanced at Shade when he nuzzled her, but only for a moment. She didn't take her eyes off Martus for too long. The nuzzle was a little more effective at calming her nerves, but she was still tense and watching the man warily. "I won't do anything reckless then, but I still don't like this guy. Hunters are the worst kind of people, even worse then pirates," she whispered. Tyraika listened to the conversation, but wasn't invested in the details. She didn't quite understand why the strange features mattered. Although, she didn't really care about whether or not the captain was locked up to begin with.

Kasidra made her way to the main deck to get herself some breakfast. She spotted Maverick with the food cart and approached him. "Good morning, Maverick," she greeted. Kasidra grabbed a plate of food and soon noticed that Latnok was talking to someone she didn't recognize. With how different Martus looked, she was sure that she would have remembered seeing him before, so she figured that he must have been from the island. Kasidra arrived too late to hear their conversation, but she figured it had something to do with the captain. Latnok would surely take care of it, so she didn't worry about the details.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#2154 Posted: 14:09:42 13/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“Yes I know. I’ve delt with his kind in my past close to when I first arrived here. But don’t worry I’m right here with you. I won’t let any harm happen to you or anyone on this ship.”
---
SC
#2155 Posted: 18:35:43 13/07/2019
Quote: Cynder09

Kasidra made her way to the main deck to get herself some breakfast. She spotted Maverick with the food cart and approached him. "Good morning, Maverick," she greeted. Kasidra grabbed a plate of food and soon noticed that Latnok was talking to someone she didn't recognize. With how different Martus looked, she was sure that she would have remembered seeing him before, so she figured that he must have been from the island. Kasidra arrived too late to hear their conversation, but she figured it had something to do with the captain. Latnok would surely take care of it, so she didn't worry about the details.

Maverick had a plate especially for Kasidra, but she took it before he could say something, and it was alright. As the rest of the sailors picked what remained on the cart, Maverick looked behind him to see that man still talking to Latnok. While he wasn't interested in eavesdropping, the fact that it was taking a while meant it had to be serious. He was still in shock to know Sere was arrested. As much of a jerk he could be sometimes, Maverick couldn't see him as a criminal, but then again, many of his methods and ideals were questionable at best. Did he went too far one day to fulfil a certain goal?
---
#2156 Posted: 18:49:34 13/07/2019
After some deliberation, Latnok and Martus eventually settled. "Okay, that sounds like a plan," Latnok confirmed. "But what is currently happening in regards to the late chieftain?"
"Oh, fingers pointed everywhere," Martus said. "Including here, by some of Duessul's own - though the accusations are being dismissed by others as farfetched, on account of just how many assumptions it would take to make it true. Others accuse me - understandably - or some of the other chieftains. Some accusations fall on Duessul's men, as they were on sentry duty when Duessul was killed, and none of them show any signs of injury or resistance. Overall, not enough people will commit to any one course of action."
"Well, that sounds reasonable," Latnok said. "So... is it safe for us to enter the town?"
"Please, do tell your men that they are welcome," Martus said. "It's been a while since we've seen outsiders, and many are curious. They will be safe - you have my word."
"Okay. Risar will represent us, as I have to remain here to keep watch on some creatures."
"Very well. We look forward to seeing you. If anyone is looking for any of the chieftains, look for any guard and they'll be able to point the way out to you."
With the matter settled, Martus disembarked from the ship, as Latnok pondered what to do next.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2157 Posted: 21:12:31 13/07/2019
Angora quickly hid herself, not wanting Martus to see her. She was slightly disappointed when Latnok was arrested. He was still free and in charge. She wouldn't have minded Risar being the captain, since he was far more likeable despite their lack of interactions. But now that the strange man left and Latnok was there, the troll took a deep breath. She almost approached him, but decided to wait a little while before approaching him, knowing he had much to process... but also because she didn't feel ready to talk to him. She was sick and tired of always being treated harshly, and she strongly believed that even if she approached him nicely, he was going to make her miserable. Martus already gave permission for anybody to enter the island, but knowing Latnok, he was likely going to punish her if she headed to the island without his own permission. It would be another perfect excuse for him to treat her badly and maybe even throw her into the brig again. So she waited... and waited, staying around the ship, and far away from both Latnok and Tyraika while she prepared both her mind and soul to get close to the former...
---
#2158 Posted: 00:47:05 14/07/2019
Tyraika watched Martus leave, which calmed her nerves. Hopefully, he wouldn't come back. She laid back down beside Shade. His presence was comforting, as well as the promised protection. "Thanks, Shade. I'm glad you're here." Tyraika smiled. She had been taking care of herself for a long time, so it was nice to have someone else to rely on.

Kasidra sat down in a corner of the deck to make sure she was out of everyone's way, and that she was far enough away from the wild dragon. She quietly ate her breakfast in peace. Kasidra noticed that Martus had left, so she figured that the business had been settled, whatever it was. She figured she would hear about it soon enough. While Kasidra wondered what would happen with the captain now, she figured it probably wouldn't involve her. She doubted she would be at all helpful in that regard, but Kasidra was willing to help if need be.
---
#2159 Posted: 01:28:54 14/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“Always a pleasure. I don’t like others being harmed which is why I choose to defend instead of fight”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#2160 Posted: 02:12:02 14/07/2019
Risar looked at Martus leaving with a reassuring nod-- confidant that they would at least have a chance of getting their captain back.. with enough effort.

Raclaw and Chester looked towards each other and at Latnok. "Does this mean that we'll get Sere back?," the smaller canine companion asked. "It means that we have a chance, assuming all goes well and that Risar is able to represent us well.," Raclaw replied knowing the large Minotaur would do his absolute best for the captain's sake. "Risar shall do his best to help free our captain.," the trusted beastman than offered with another reassuring nod.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2161 Posted: 02:20:16 14/07/2019
"At the very least, we know that things aren't going to get worse," Latnok said reassuringly. "I'll sound the announcement to explain things to everyone and put everyone on liberty. From there, I'll be stuck here, so I wish you the best of luck, Risar." Latnok knew Risar well enough to have very good confidence that the minotaur would represent them well, even if his speech wasn't perfect.
With that, Latnok headed off, to find the assembly bell in the usual place Sere kept it. Once he did, he rang the bell loud and clear. The sailors around the ship began to assemble.
Leoquin was among the first to arrive this time. He had already been on the deck, waiting for the morning's news so he could continue on with his plan for the day.

Ilasi's violin practice was interrupted by the sounding of the bell. Having been practicing for a while, she figured that now was as good a time as any to stop.
Ilasi exited her room, closing the door gently behind her, and began to head up, when she realized the dragon was still there. Where was Maverick? Likely busy with breakfast, still. She would have to manage.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:17 14/07/2019 by A Guy
#2162 Posted: 02:26:26 14/07/2019
Raclaw, Chester, and Risar quickly joined Latnok-- having all already been on deck and ether being an companion or fellow second in command. From observable range, Raclaw could see that Tyraika and Shade were only getting closer during their stay. It wasn't too surprising; the next best thing to freedom was another fellow prisoner and one who wouldn't mind being free themselves so long as they could take their 'family' with them.
---
#2163 Posted: 03:18:36 14/07/2019
Tyraika nodded slowly in understanding. She could see why Shade felt that way, and she personally tried to avoid unnecessary fights as much as she could. However, she wasn't against the idea, and would certainly fight if she felt the need to. Tyraika was about to reply to her friend, when she heard the assembly bell ring. She shook her head gently, still not quite used to the sound. Tyraika turned towards Latnok out of mild curiosity.

Kasidra was just finishing up her breakfast, when she heard the bell. Since she was already on deck, she was quick to assemble, and took her plate with her. The tiefling figured there would be news about Sere, and Kasidra wondered how much progress had been made on getting the captain back.
---
#2164 Posted: 04:37:45 14/07/2019
Maverick's food cart only had two platters left, but he was going to let the sailors take them during the meeting. He would always do a little extra so that nobody would be left out, but the food was never wasted. He went to the reunion cart and all and waited for the announcement. Good news he hoped. The day had began well enough, he wouldn't want anything to ruin it.

Angora was somewhat glad with the announcement, since that meant Latnok would be busy giving his speech and thus give her more time to prepare herself to talk to him. She hasn't been scolded in quite a while, so she was praying for Latnok to see that and to be in a good enough mood to listen to her without any of his harsh treatment...
---
#2165 Posted: 17:03:58 14/07/2019
With the crew more or less assembled, Latnok began. Ilasi was making her way to the back of the assembly right before then, looking for Maverick as she made sure to stay well away from Tyraika.
"Good morning, sailors," Latnok called out. "As you are all aware, our captain is currently being held here. But we have some good news; it's very clear that this is a case of mistaken identity, and we should be able to get him back before long - in fact, we are in the process of doing that right now. Besides that, the islanders here would be more than willing to have you all visit, and the chieftain I've spoken to assures your safety. I will remain here on the ship; Risar will be representing us out there. Otherwise... good job on not burning the ship down so far, I guess, and keep up the good work. Complete your duties, then you're good to go if you're not on the skeleton crew. That's all. You're dismissed."
The crew dispersed, sounding much more hopeful than before as they did.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2166 Posted: 19:28:51 14/07/2019
There were too many people around for Maverick to spot Ilasi. He didn't think she was ready to leave her room yet, so whatever the announcement, he would tell her. He was glad to learn that the captain will be returned in a while, and that they could finally visit the island. It wasn't exactly tourist attractive, but getting out of the ship for a while was always a welcoming step.

Angora heard the announcement and wasn't very pleased with the fact Sere was getting out soon. But he did spend an entire night in a prison, which should be enough for him to feel the way he made her feel. She even started to wonder if he thought of her even once, if he reflected upon the way he has treated her. Angora doubted it though, and decided to just proceed with what she was going to do earlier. She waited for the crowd to scatter before talking with Latnok. There was already permission for everyone to venture around the island, but since she wanted to involve Veris, she believed she had to ask Latnok's permission first before asking the same thing to the islanders...
---
#2167 Posted: 21:57:01 15/07/2019
With the matter cleared as best as it could be all things considered-- all that was left to represent the crew and to wait for further news, such as a trial. And while normally Latnok would be the one heading out, that position would instead be left to Risar. The large minotaur normally wasn't one to go shopping and the like; he figured he would do what he could and perhaps take the two companions with him. It had been some time since he had his axes sharpened and he knew how antsy the little Chester could get after being cooped on up the ship for long enough. Or perhaps the town had an small arena to briefly entertain them. Either way, the best thing he could do currently was to represent the Enduring Legacy and to entertain the two furred companions at the same time.

"Latnok-- with permission, Risar will take Raclaw and Chester out for a good look around. That is.. if they're willing.," the trusted beastman than said looking at the trio. He hadn't personally spent much time with Raclaw and Chester alone and it wasn't as if he had much to spend on in term of material goods. Perhaps a small shopping spree for whatever item(s) and two companions wanted was due. He had noticed that they tended to return from such land trips with *something* and this time Latnok would be too busy to do such a thing for them. Raclaw and Chester looked at each other before offering a nod. Raclaw didn't want to leave Latnok alone for too long, but he knew that a good walk would be best for both them. And perhaps even a good flight.
---
#2168 Posted: 00:15:55 16/07/2019
Latnok didn't want his duties on the ship to stop his companions from having some fun. "Sure, you can go ahead," Latnok said. "I'll be fine over here. Maybe I'll find Kasidra for a bit of sparring. Or maybe work with the wild dragon a bit. The wing should probably get some attention, so we're going to need to shackle her so Ilasi can work on her."
Leoquin needed no further orders; he was already headed off the gangplank, eager to see what this new place had in store.

In his cell, Sere simply sat waiting for the new day. A guard came by to check on the prisoners, handing Sere a meal. It was cooked fish - not the best, but edible enough.
"The chieftains are gonna talk with your guys to see about gettin' you free," the guard said. "Turns out your features aren't that unique, you have another guy on deck who has those same features."
Sere nodded. He had faith that things would be sorted out in the end. "Thank you," he said to the guard. He wondered how those back on the ship were doing. Was the crew still in order? Latnok and Risar could certainly keep things that way - at least while he was on board the ship. How was Veris doing? Angora was hopefully still doing her job. What about the wild dragon? Her wing would probably need a look pretty soon. Sere had to trust in his crew to be doing what they needed to in his absence.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2169 Posted: 01:42:50 16/07/2019
Maverick left the main deck as soon as the reunion was over, wanting to leave before the sailors scattered and crashed with him as it has happened before. He went downstairs with the cart, in such a rush that he didn't noticed his beloved girlfriend nearby.

Angora waited around, getting out of her hiding place and remaining near Latnok and company. She waited for Risar to leave with the two unique pets before approaching him.
"Um... a moment with you sir?" Angora asked, in the meekest way that has ever come from her. Her ears were droopy and even a different color. She was so afraid of his response, but she was proud of herself for at least gathering the courage to approach him and talk to him, especially after their last talk resulted in her being thrown into the brig again. Now she waited to see on how he would react...
---
#2170 Posted: 02:19:56 16/07/2019
As Angora approached Latnok-- Risar departed the ship alongside both Raclaw and Chester. Nether canine nor Fur Dragon had any issue with the large Minotaur, the former companion even sharing an ironic past both he and Risar having once been a former pet. Of course... their present situation varied greatly with one having remained 'free', while the other practically walked back into their old life albeit with a much more exciting twist. It wouldn't be long until the furred trio inadvertently caught up with Leoquin; a small crowd would naturally begin to make room for the unique trio of Minotaur, Canine, and Fur Dragon. The trios' eyes looked out for anything of interest such as an arena or perhaps a good marketplace.
---
#2171 Posted: 02:35:18 16/07/2019
Meanwhile, far away back at Redwater, Huntress entertained herself doing some bounty hunting tasks, which were extremely rare lately with the war. She would ocasionally help the behemoths as well, but it always depressed her when some soldiers returned with corpses from the war. Some were left at the battlefield, but others were brought to their place of origin so that their families could say a brief prayer for them before they were fed to the behemoths that remained in the city. They needed some in case the Silvianestri were stupid enough to attack the city directly again like they did in the arena.
---
#2172 Posted: 02:43:57 16/07/2019
As the four made their way past the walls and into the settlement, they would find that the majority of the people within who weren't soldiers of some sort were elves, with a few other species mixed in. As opposed to the human guards, these people were all within various age ranges.
"Hey, guys," Leoquin greeted as the others caught up to him. "How's it going? Why don't we see what this place has going for a tavern? As good a place as any to learn about things here. We can likely learn more about the chieftains as well."

Angora was the last person Latnok expected to be speaking to him. He had completely given up on the troll at this point, and wanted nothing more than to never have to deal with her trouble again - having gone through much to try to work with her, with her seemingly not capable of sufficient adaptation as a result of her own stubbornness.
Latnok gave a quick look down, folding his arms. "Yes, what could you possibly want from me at this point?"[/i] he asked her, not even attempting to hide his disdain.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2173 Posted: 03:03:57 16/07/2019
Angora was as equally disappointed by his behavior as him, having expected him to at least have the decency to respond to her with a tiny bit of kindness since she addressed to him respectfully. But she pretended the tone didn't existed, and continued to answer normally.
"Just... wanted to ask permission to go the island sir, and... also ask the people to... give me their own permission to give Veris some excercise." she said, with a tone less meek than before but still very respectful, even if she didn't believe he deserved it.

Below deck, Maverick left the food cart where it belonged and immediately filled his small bag with oats, wanting to give his beloved Dahlia an extra helping to compensate the lack of time he has spend with her.
---
#2174 Posted: 03:11:50 16/07/2019
Latnok gave Angora a glare for a second before answering. "Go ahead," he said. "And know this - if you do anything stupid and get yourself arrested, no one is coming to bail you out again. Not after the thanks we got for the last time. If you represent us poorly out there, it'll be the last time you ever have the opportunity to represent us." As far as Latnok was concerned, kindness was completely wasted on Angora at this point - she would never be able to compromise, so he was not going to bother.

Meanwhile, with Ilasi being unable to find Maverick, she resumed her typical task of water purification. Perhaps they would go to the island later together - if Latnok didn't pull her to help out the wild dragon.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2175 Posted: 04:58:58 16/07/2019
"I understand sir." she replied, very glad that she was finally able to get out of that step. Now that that was over with, the next step should be easy. Since Latnok was in front of her, she tried to gather the courage to tell him about her other request, she opened her mouth to say something, but then she decided to keep her mouth shut. It would be a waste of time for the both of them asking something he knew he was going to say no. She wanted lessons in magic, but he was out of the question. She treated Latnok with respect, yet he couldn't have the courtesy to do the same for her at least once, all because he insisted on keeping the stained image he had of her instead of looking far beyond that past appearance like Maverick, Shade and even Veris did.

With the request over and ignoring the second one, Angora prepared to leave his sight, the image of Veris being happy about going out making her smile. She was going to try to adopt Maverick's cheery disposition when she entered the island. If she made a good impression and the islanders liked her, troll and all, Latnok would know how awfully he was misjudging her. And if she had extreme luck, she would find a wizard or any other magic user that would help her train her powers while she was there. That way, not only would she demonstrate to Latnok what he has been missing, it would also show him that she will never need him anymore. Angora wasn't looking for his approval anymore. He wanted him to feel guilty... if such a sentiment could exist within him.
---
#2176 Posted: 13:15:10 16/07/2019
Quote:
"Hey, guys," Leoquin greeted as the others caught up to him. "How's it going? Why don't we see what this place has going for a tavern? As good a place as any to learn about things here. We can likely learn more about the chieftains as well."

"Agreed.," the furry trio said with Chester offering a bark. For Raclaw's part-- it had been some time since he had been to a tavern proper. It would be a good change of pace and he was sure that Latnok would be jealous. Plus it would be good to know more about the chieftains, whom were currently holding their beloved captain captive.
---
#2177 Posted: 16:06:04 16/07/2019
Tyraika didn't really hear any part of the assembly speech, as she was distracted by a certain smell. For a moment, she thought it was fish, which made her a bit hungry. Although, breakfast was just served, and she didn't smell that fishy scent until just before the assembly. Then Tyraika started thinking it smelled familiar, but unlike any fish she had eaten before. She tried to think back to when she last smelled it and an image flashed in her mind. Oh. It was her. Tyraika shook her head gently. No, it couldn't be. There was no way that mermaid would come back out here after what had happened. It had to be the dragon's mind playing tricks on her.

Tyraika didn't even see her during the assembly, so she figured it must have just been her imagination. After the crowd dispersed, however, she spotted Ilasi on deck. Tyraika just stared in disbelief and quietly watched while the mermaid went about her job of purifying the water. The dragon couldn't believe she was actually out here, but of course Ilasi was avoiding her. That part was to be expected. Tyraika figured the mermaid wouldn't dare come any closer.

Kasidra was glad to hear that the situation with the captain should be resolved soon. That was good news. She trusted that the others were taking care of it, so she focused her attention on what to do for today. Latnok said that they were free to visit the island now, which certainly sounded nice. At least it was a different island from the one Kasidra had been stranded on. She wondered if she could do some shopping there. The tiefling didn't have much money, but she had acquired some by working for the islanders she had been stuck with. Maybe it was enough to work with. Seeing as how others were already heading to the island, Kasidra decided to go as well, so she headed down the gangplank.
---
#2178 Posted: 18:07:24 16/07/2019
Maverick played with Dahlia shortly after she had her oats, but after a while, she stared at the door. Maverick knew what was happening.
"I know dear girl. I know. I haven't taken you out in such a long time, but I can't take you out. I don't like the appearance of that island, and let's not forget you're still afraid of Oscurito. Oh, and also, there's a new dragon up there. I don't want to risk him wanting to hunt you." Maverick expressed, knowing Tyraika was a fully wild dragon unlike the rest, and seeing a dirt buffalo might trigger her hunting instinct severely. Maverick knew Dahlia got depressed locked inside there for such a long time, so he took out his hyperspace bag and placed some toys so that she would choose. But she wasn't in the mood for that yet. She wanted to remain with Maverick for however long she could before he returned to his girlfriend and job.
---
#2179 Posted: 20:38:16 16/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“Hey Tyraika what are you looking at?” Shade said. “You looking at Ilasi? You want to apologize for the mess huh?”
---
SC
#2180 Posted: 23:24:06 16/07/2019
Strolling the island, Leoquin eventually spotted what seemed like a decent, reasonable tavern. People were sitting out, talking, and relaxing. There was some tension, with Duessul's name being mentioned a few times - there was otherwise the typical tavern environment. All of the humans here were older men, just like the guards, though the other species (still primarily elves) were of the typical age range at a tavern.
"That seems as good a place as any to start," Leoquin said, already feeling easier. The people so far haven't seemed to be particularly hostile, at the very least.
As they looked on, a merman wearing a pelt and the skull of a marine creature - presumably either a large fish, or a sea monster of some sort - approached and entered the tavern. Other people who saw him seemed to take note, some rising to give a greeting.

Latnok was glad that Angora was leaving his sight for now. He had grown tired of her presence on board the ship, after his previous efforts at helping integrate her proved fruitless. "You better be on your best behavior," he telepathed to her as she was leaving. "Because, I promise you, when - and I say, when - you slip, I will make sure that we never have to deal with you again. You have made a fool out of me for the last time."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2181 Posted: 00:20:59 17/07/2019
"Yes sir." Angora replied with her own telepathy, Latnok's sudden mind comment not surprising her at all. She was even kinda expecting it. She was so used to Latnok's hostile behavior towards her that she wasn't letting it offend her. She replied to him normally, like any other sailor would, and if he wanted to make a fool of himself by being harsh to someone who was being nothing but calm and respectful around him, he could go ahead. She thought he would notice she was about to comment something else, but whether he ignored it or really didn't noticed, it was better that way.

Angora disappeared below the gangplank, determined to make a good impression. She didn't approached anyone though, not wanting to get on anyone's back, but she did gave a small and rather meek smile to those she thought made eye contact with her, and a small hand wave in greeting. She didn't know if people would recognize her as a troll or if they would confuse her for some other creature, but she wasn't going to let her appearance or species stop her. She was going to be friendly with everybody. She was hoping she didn't have to encounter the cyclops, but if she did, she was going to be polite and and greet him like everybody else. While she walked, she looked around for someone who looked like a high ranked officer or something similar that would have her permission to have Veris excercise there...
---
#2182 Posted: 14:42:08 17/07/2019
Tyraika turned her head sharply to look at Shade in shock. "What? No! I wasn't- Why would I even-" She didn't understand where Shade got such an idea. Why would she apologize to that mermaid? It's not like Tyraika intended to hurt her for any reason. It was just an unfortunate series of events that were out of the dragon's control. She regretted what happened, as it only made the whole situation worse, but she wasn't completely sure if it was her fault or not. How could she have known something that bad would happen? Tyraika sighed and shook her head gently. "It doesn't matter. She wouldn't understand me, and it's not like she would even give me a chance to talk anyway. She'd just run back inside, far away from me." Tyraika expected Ilasi to avoid her like the plague after what had happened, regardless of whose fault it really was.

Kasidra strolled through the island, looking around at all the sights and people roaming around. She was searching for some sort of shop or marketplace in particular, as the tiefling hoped to be able to buy something, if she could afford it.
---
#2183 Posted: 17:31:27 17/07/2019
Quote:
Strolling the island, Leoquin eventually spotted what seemed like a decent, reasonable tavern. People were sitting out, talking, and relaxing. There was some tension, with Duessul's name being mentioned a few times - there was otherwise the typical tavern environment. All of the humans here were older men, just like the guards, though the other species (still primarily elves) were of the typical age range at a tavern.
"That seems as good a place as any to start," Leoquin said, already feeling easier. The people so far haven't seemed to be particularly hostile, at the very least.
As they looked on, a merman wearing a pelt and the skull of a marine creature - presumably either a large fish, or a sea monster of some sort - approached and entered the tavern. Other people who saw him seemed to take note, some rising to give a greeting.

Raclaw gave a glance towards the merman-- the hunter being quite noticeable and perhaps even recognizable to the some of the local tavern regulars. Risar and Chester took notice as well, the later looking up at his two now three companions. "I wonder what he killed.," Chester thought out loud; the little Beagle's barks would only be barks to those who weren't benefiting from Raclaw's shared abilities. "Something big-- perhaps a shark or similarly sized sea creature.," Raclaw responded. At least the locals didn't seem to have any issues with any of them thus far. And soon... a Fur Dragon, a Beagle, a Minotaur, and a Merman would soon walk into a bar. They were certainly an diverse party without a doubt.
---
#2184 Posted: 20:17:47 17/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“I’ll transl for you!” Shade said with a smile. “She is a tough mermaid. Heh she was actually afraid of me once but eventually found out I was nothing like the monster everyone sees me as. I’ll go ask her if she is ready to have you close.” Shade said as he went to Ilasi.
---
SC
#2185 Posted: 22:27:17 17/07/2019
Inside the tavern, the patrons engaged with each other in the typical manner. There were several who looked at the entering crew members briefly, before resuming their discourse with their companions.
Up at the counter, a younger elf was tending the bar. The merman stranger was sitting by the counter, seemingly awaiting a drink. Leoquin didn't hesitate to take a seat nearby.
"Hey there," the stranger said. "I take it you fellows are from the ship?"
"Yes, we are," Leoquin said. "We're trying to find these chieftains that we're supposed to be speaking with regarding our captain."
"Well, you're speaking with one of them," the stranger answered. "The name's Ray. Who might you all be?" he asked politely.
"Well, my name is Leoquin." Leoquin looked to the others to provide their own names - figuring that Raclaw would introduce Chester.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2186 Posted: 22:44:56 17/07/2019
"Risar.," the large Minotaur said with a nod. "The name's Raclaw and this little guy here is Chester.," the Fur Dragon said with a smile as the little Beagle jumped onto his head. Chester offered a friendly bark before jumping down again. Raclaw didn't resist-- having been very used to the little dog's motions.
---
#2187 Posted: 23:36:56 17/07/2019
Angora continued walking around the island, apparently nobody paying attention to her. Not that she minded though. No attention was still better than negative attention. She usually draw much for her unique appearance, but it seemed that these people were so used to seeing anything that her presence wasn't that interesting. But it didn't matter. Looking around, Angora saw what looked like a guard. He was dressed similarly to Martus.
"Excuse me sir. I need... information. I want to know if somebody can let me give some excercise to a wyvern locked in the ship. He's a mount and he hasn't gotten excercise in a long while." Angora explained calmly, being very respectful and cordial. First appearances meant everything to her now. If the man couldn't give her permission, she was hoping he would lead her to someone who could.
---
#2188 Posted: 20:04:41 18/07/2019
Tyraika would have replied to Shade, likely to tell him not to talk to the mermaid, but he had already left to go do so. She sighed and watched from a distance. She didn't expect this to go well. Why would Ilasi want to be anywhere near her after what happened? Tyraika was sure that the mermaid wouldn't even heal her wing now. Perhaps another healer on board would, if they were willing to approach her. Certainly there was at least one other healer, if Ilasi was able to heal from her own injuries. Although, Tyraika still doubted that anyone would be willing to get too close to her.
---
#2189 Posted: 22:00:08 18/07/2019 | Topic Creator
”Good morning Ilasi! How are you feeling?” Shade said. “Listen Tyraika the dragon over there feels bad about what happened and I was hoping if you’re ready to give her another chance. I wouldn’t want her wing to heal improperly especially for a dragon like herself.” Shade said with a smile. “I’ll even stay by your side and protect you if she reacts in any hostile way. She isn’t used to others besides other dragons around her.”
---
SC
#2190 Posted: 20:05:45 20/07/2019
The guard gave Angora an indifferent look. "If yer not flyin' the creature over our walls, then yer free to do what you want. We only care to protect this 'ere space," he answered, before returning to his routine, with seemingly no interest in Angora's request.

Ray nodded along as the others gave them their names. "A really odd group you guys have here," he said. "Pretty similar to how this island became what it is today, actually. Mercenary ships came here to take shelter from an incoming storm. That storm never went away. So here we remain, making the most of it and developing as a society here."
Ray paused to think for a moment. "...say, what are you guys here for? On the archipelago, I mean. Wait, hold that thought." With a motion, Ray called the bartender over.
"How may I help you, sir?" the bartender asked.
"Give us a pitcher of Riptide," Ray requested. "And cups, of course."
"Certainly," the bartender said, before returning to the back of the counter to begin preparing the drink.

Ilasi, for once, answered rather bluntly. "I'm not approaching that dragon unless she's bound and sedated," she said. As kind as Shade was, Ilasi was't counting on him to be able to properly restrain Tyraika, should the need arise. She would be much more trusting of Latnok securing the dragon.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2191 Posted: 20:14:19 20/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“Come on Ilasi. You can’t avoid her forever. At some point you will have to be near her without her restraints. You gave me a chance why not her? Why is she any different from me?” Shade said. “Look she really does feel bad about what she done to you and I hate you having to be afraid of her being near. Give her a chance like the king gave me a chance to redeem myself.”
---
SC
#2192 Posted: 23:22:48 20/07/2019
Back at Dahlia's little stable, Maverick continued playing games with her, spending a great time. Afterwards he would try to spend time with Angora as well. Ilasi may be his girlfriend, but he had other girls to take care of too.

Quote: A Guy
The guard gave Angora an indifferent look. "If yer not flyin' the creature over our walls, then yer free to do what you want. We only care to protect this 'ere space," he answered, before returning to his routine, with seemingly no interest in Angora's request.

Angora was disappointed to see how cold the guard treated her even after she had been so nice and respectful. But better to be treated indifferently that rude or cruel. With the permission granted, Angora prepared to leave, giving a brief 'thank you sir' to the guard before leaving. She looked around, a bit distracted, but continued heading her way, knowing Veris would be happy knowing he would be allowed to fly. She had to take him off immediately since she didn't want him to overhear any of the sailors or guards taking about his master's predicament, so she needed to do things quick...
---
#2193 Posted: 00:49:52 21/07/2019
Ilasi was not moved. "I'm sticking to that," she insisted. "For my own safety, the dragon must be restrained appropriately and sedated before I am willing to get near her. That is not a chance I wish to take again." Ilasi couldn't comprehend how a "wild" creature like Tyraika could ever feel guilt.

Meanwhile, in the enclosure, Veris lay looking at the door, boredom on his face. He eagerly awaited the chance to take off and spread his wings again.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2194 Posted: 01:26:16 21/07/2019 | Topic Creator
“Well I won’t force you but when you feel comfortable you can approach her.” Shade said as he went back to Tyraika. “Well Tyraika I tryed but she won’t approach unless you’re sedated and shackled unfortunately. But I did welcome her over if she is willing to give you a chance.
---
SC
#2195 Posted: 01:35:48 21/07/2019
Quote: A Guy
Meanwhile, in the enclosure, Veris lay looking at the door, boredom on his face. He eagerly awaited the chance to take off and spread his wings again.

As if answering his prayers, Angora entered his enclosure, not even announcing herself in order to give him the surprise, although her scent probably gave her away.
"Oh Veeeeris..." she said in a singsongy voice, wanting to look at his expression when she told him.
"Guess what buddy? You're going flying today! Managed to get permission." she said with a smile, already preparing Maverick's grappling hook in order to take him out as soon as they were outside...
---
#2196 Posted: 03:16:20 21/07/2019
Veris' demeanor instantly changed with Angora's return, with the bored look on his face evaporating and becoming excitement instead. He stepped over and gave Angora a lick, before lowering himself to allow her to mount. He remained blissfully unaware of the state of events outside the ship.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2197 Posted: 03:47:18 21/07/2019
Angora still didn't like licks, but she was far more tolerable of them than she was in the past. She knew she had to get used to them. Veris gave them, and hopefully after all this ordeal was over and Shade was allowed to talk to her and Maverick, he would have to tolerate them from him too.

Leaving the enclosure open, Angora quickly mounted the large wyvern, securing herself very tightly and leading the way.
"By the way Veris, as soon as you're outside, we fly. Remember that the new dragon is up there and she's a really jumpy type." Angora commented, knowing Veris has already met her, but that was the best excuse she could come up with in order to make Veris take off and prevent him from overhearing the situation that was happening with his master.
"Oh right. Before I forget, you're allowed to fly anywhere you want as long as it's not over the walls. The people there are quite the protective type, so let's stick to the area." she then said, wanting Veris to have the warning before he decided to get too crazy with the freedom. She would probably have to control his movement, but it always helped when he knew what to do on his own.

Soon they reached one of the stairs that lead to the main deck, and Angora waited for Veris to get out and fly on his own. It was still surprising how the hallways of the ship were wide enough to give him some space, tightly for sure, but he could still walk. A big vessel for sure the Enduring Legacy was.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:53 21/07/2019 by Felines
#2198 Posted: 17:43:40 21/07/2019
Veris rapidly took off as soon as they were outside, not being particularly interested in staying around to make idle talk with those on the ship. As he took off, he remembered Angora's warning to stay away from the walls which he intended to obey. He knew the sort of impression he could make on others by suddenly flying in when they weren't expecting him.
Instead, Veris, would fly in the opposite direction, over the clear blue sea. He began picking up speed, feeling completely liberated compared to how he was moments before.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2199 Posted: 18:06:11 21/07/2019
Angora braced herself, feeling glad and proud of herself for managing to get Veris the exercise he so thoroughly needed. Like Dahlia, he was usually so depressed being locked up. While she wanted the dirt buffalo to go out too, she knew she would be a much harder, if not impossible case. She was going to let Maverick take care of that particular matter and only be in charge of things like food.

With the wind slapping her face, Angora was prepared to guide Veris in case he was tempted to go over the walls, but he was well behaved and obedient. She couldn't be more happier about his compliance. While she has flown with Veris before, this flight in particular was making her feel very nostalgic.
"You know Veris, I use to fly with Shady like this. No pain, not a care in the world. It was just us and Maverick. We... we were happy. Heh, a dragon, a troll and a human hybrid. A trio you would never have expected to happen, huh? I..." Angora was about to say something else, but changed her words.
"I... thank you for bringing me this trill again." she concluded, wishing she could understand Veris as much as he understood her, but her powers still needed growing, or at least that's what both thought. Her power was growing, but she didn't realize. But understanding or not, Angora was glad to have Veris' friendship. His master hated her, but he loved her, and that was more than enough for her. She couldn't win over Sere or Latnok, but their mount saw what those two refuse to see. It pained her to think that, one day, she would have to say goodbye to Veris, possibly forever, but in the meantime, she wanted to enjoy his company as much as she could.
---
#2200 Posted: 18:39:48 21/07/2019 | Topic Creator
As Veris and Angora took off Shade looked at the two. “Oh how I wish I can fly once more. The feeling of being free and the wind in your face is like nothing ever experienced. I wish Laszur would trust me enough to fly with at least Latnok or Sere or himself. I haven’t had an outbreak in months.”
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me