Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#151 Posted: 22:56:32 22/03/2019
OOC: Been posting from my phone lately, discovered that the laptop can act as a hotspot. How useful.
Star looked at the beagle. "It feels so strange, seeing the sun rise and set again. But why am I telling you all this? You can't speak, at least not in any language I know. I suppose it's just easier to open the heart when talking to someone so good at listening. Anyway," the Zoroark shifted his position, and then sat up and got into a kneeling position. "I should probably repeat all that for Latnok and Raclaw's benefit. They missed a lot of info."
Darkheart released her breath. Oh, thank the Maker. We're good for now.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#152 Posted: 23:14:13 22/03/2019
Latnok, satisfied with the gryphon's cooperation, lowered his bow, though he remained extremely wary. He wasn't sure how much the creature had heard of the Ardent Guardians, but this one was acting rather haughty, especially with the support he had.
"Okay. Here's the deal," Latnok began. "People don't like it when you're killing your animals. There are two bounties on you that seek to resolve that issue. One is to kill you - and, considering you have a mate and an egg, I would presumably have to kill your mate as well, though I could spare the egg for someone else. The other bounty wants you to be coaxed to leave rather than killed - pretty sure it's either a nature-lover or someone who has, or believes they have, met you before. That bounty would require that you take your egg and fly somewhere else with your mate, far away from here.
"If you leave like that, there will be no problem. Don't show up here again, and no one will care. If you don't leave peacefully, we will be forced to use more forceful methods to subdue you. I will say that it is very much in your best interest to just leave. Consider - I'm giving you this opportunity instead of just hiding somewhere and firing an arrow into your skull. I would highly recommend you take it. I would prefer to not have to kill you." Normally, Latnok wouldn't hesitate with doing such a thing - Raclaw, however, had opened up a new world of options. If he could solve all problems by just talking creatures into compliance...
---
I'm just... a guy...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#153 Posted: 02:28:13 23/03/2019
OOC: Indeed-- I've done that before in an emergency. Very useful when you laptop can connect to an network, but your phone can't for whatever reason.

"I-- I see. And this nature lover, their name wouldn't happen to be Omylia would it?," the gryphon responded after gathering their thoughts and briefly looking at Raclaw. The Fur Dragon could sense feelings of... sadness? Regret? Without reading further into it, it could best be described as something one may feel upon looking back at their past and wondering what could've been. Raclaw could symathese with the feelings somewhat, knowing that he had made decisions that took him down one path or the other. Sometimes those paths interweaved again and sometimes.. sometimes they didn't. And when they did; it would never quite be the same again. You could meet up someone from your past, but your newer experiences and their newer experiences could and would change how you saw each other even if only slightly. And sometimes you not even get along at all. Or they may like you, but not your new friends. Was this gryphon worried about someone... someone from their past? Raclaw was tempted to answer, but doubted that the they would even listen to him now. He would instead let Latnok answer, as the they at least had some respect for the Guardian.

---

Quote: darknessdawn
Star looked at the beagle. "It feels so strange, seeing the sun rise and set again. But why am I telling you all this? You can't speak, at least not in any language I know. I suppose it's just easier to open the heart when talking to someone so good at listening. Anyway," the Zoroark shifted his position, and then sat up and got into a kneeling position. "I should probably repeat all that for Latnok and Raclaw's benefit. They missed a lot of info."
Darkheart released her breath. Oh, thank the Maker. We're good for now.

As Star stroked Chester and talked-- the little Beagle and his big dropped ears continued to listen. And upon the Zoroark questioning themselves, Chester rubbed up against the their new furry friend and gave a slight whine as if to sympathise with them. Oh-- if only he could speak beyond Raclaw's presence. Reclaw was his best friend and master, but he wouldn't always be there nor could be always be there such as that very moment. There would always be missions where his presence was less useful or where he would more of a risk than a helping paw. And as Star asked if he should repeat it for the others' benefit, he would look up and give a nod... saying yes one of the only ways he knew how to. Maybe-- maybe they would understand that at least.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:25 23/03/2019 by redwes
#154 Posted: 02:53:18 23/03/2019
Star nodded in return. "Very well. I'll repeat all that - and more - when the others return." He gently scritched behind Chester's ears, his large, sharp claws surprisingly gentle - and effective at eradicating itches. "In the meantime, I can give YOU some attention." His cloak rippled slightly, light shining from behind the soft, durable, but expensive cloth and hinting at what he referred to as 'maintenance'.
---
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#155 Posted: 04:27:34 23/03/2019
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“I know. I need to work on that. I’m really trying my best to redeem myself for that day but they must make it difficult for me. Tourchering me, calling me names like the scourge of Redwater and making it sometimes impossible for me to try to make a difference. You know you and Maverick were nice to me and gave me positive reinforcement when I did good and of course let me know when I’ve done something. But when I try to state my opinion to these idiots it’s like talking to a brick wall.” Shade said. “They could learn a lot from you two. Providing positive reinforcement when I do good and negative when I do bad. I know they shock me already when I do something they don’t like.”

Angora was still absorbing Maverick's news when Shade chose to vent again. In some part, she was glad that her previous brainstorm was briefly shattered, but at the same time she felt frustrated for how Shade still felt.
"So? The world isn't perfect Shady. It isn't full of Mavericks or Angoras. You have this illusion, this obsession with believing people are going to treat you a certain way just because you want to. People are going to treat you unfairly, especially after what you did. It may not have been on purpose, but the fact remains that it still happened, and that it was terrible..." Angora lectured serenely, wanting Shade to understand other people's perspective.

But Angora wasn't done with him yet. She still had something very important to say.
"Look Shady! Look at me! You have seen how much people belittle me! How they hate me for far less than YOU have done! You know those people! And look at me! Have you seen me trying to take revenge? Have you seen me stabbing them in the back? Even sharing my feelings is wrong! I'm still trying to do good things despite how they keep stepping on me like a cockroach, just hoping that the abuse can stop! If it doesn't, well, I'll just have to get use to the abuse and accept that life can be unfair and bear with it, and just... hope that something better comes in the future. If you can't do the same, if you can't have patience and control, well then you better get used to the idea of us not being together like old times, and just get ready for a life of misery." Angora concluded severely, almost sounding like she was scolding Shade. Maverick was quite sad to see Angora express herself this way. A close look at her eyes and anyone could see she was on the verge of tears. Angora saying that last lecture with a sightly higher voice and with the emphasis on the word 'them', it was quite clear she was trying to make a certain man nearby to overhear...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#156 Posted: 04:45:01 23/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked at Angora for a moment then looked down. “Y-you’re right Angora. You’re right.” Shade had finally gotten it. “I love you guys too much to think on the other side of the tracks. To the light there is darkness. Both must balance each other out. Tomorrow I will make sure my promise is kept. I will not fail you again.” He then nuzzled bothe Mavrick And Angora.
---
SC
#157 Posted: 09:42:29 23/03/2019
At the mention of the name, Latnok quickly scanned his brain to recall where he saw such a name.Oh, yeah, the job poster. Of course. "Omylia? Yes, that was the job poster," Latnok answered. "Do you know her? ... that's a woman's name, right?" Latnok could only wonder where this would go from here. Would the gryphon demand to see this person? Be defiant? Or remain peaceful?

Sere had retired to his room at this point, but Laszur was still on the deck, walking about. A drink and some nice, rare meat, or mushrooms would be really nice right about now... he wasn't officially on patrol duty right now.
He wouldn't bother at the moment, however. He had those three to keep track of. He heard everything - including Shade's disparaging of him. The dragon would have to be taught respect for superiors. So many bad habits to weed out... At the very least, Angora seemed to desire his cooperation as well. That was a good sign.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#158 Posted: 14:11:52 23/03/2019
Angora accepted the affection, although it was clear that she was still upset. Maverick on the other hand, felt sad. He was hoping that the news about Ilasi would improve everyone's mood, especially Angora, but the tension was still around. He looked around to see if Sere was around, but found out to his disappointment that he was nowhere to be seen, and thus didn't hear what Angora just said. He knew his childhood friend. That last lecture was a serious cry for help. Angora has tried to appeal to the Guardians for an awfully long time, yet they treated her the same or worse than before. He didn't know about Angora's last conversation with Latnok, so Maverick assumed it was all still the same. On deck, the hybrid could only spot the galud that once kidnapped and treated him like a lowlife criminal, but Maverick wasn't in the mood to feel scared or nervous. He felt sad for Angora and Shade, and seriously doubted Laszur would speak to Sere what Angora just expressed. It pained Maverick to think his small friend would have to endure more abuse from the Guardians just because of some silly tantrums from the past.
---
#159 Posted: 20:25:19 23/03/2019
OOC: After this post and the next by A Guy-- we're time skipping to the next day.

Quote:
Star nodded in return. "Very well. I'll repeat all that - and more - when the others return." He gently scritched behind Chester's ears, his large, sharp claws surprisingly gentle - and effective at eradicating itches. "In the meantime, I can give YOU some attention." His cloak rippled slightly, light shining from behind the soft, durable, but expensive cloth and hinting at what he referred to as 'maintenance'.

Chester happily accepted the special attention-- soaking it all in and enjoying the gentle-but-effective itch relief provided by the claws.

---

Quote:
At the mention of the name, Latnok quickly scanned his brain to recall where he saw such a name.Oh, yeah, the job poster. Of course. "Omylia? Yes, that was the job poster," Latnok answered. "Do you know her? ... that's a woman's name, right?" Latnok could only wonder where this would go from here. Would the gryphon demand to see this person? Be defiant? Or remain peaceful?

"Omylia-- and yes she a woman. She was my.. caretaker, friend, and at times rider. We were together for the longest time and held the strongest bond much like you and your Fur Dragon, young Guardian. I can tell you two are very close, just as we once were..," the gryphon started to explain and would follow through with something that Latnok partly expected-- an request to see Omylia or rather for Omylia to see her on account for having to watch her only egg. And suddenly, the the party of three would soon find themselves face to face with another gryphon. 'The mate!,' Raclaw's thoughts would exclaim as the slightly smaller male gryphon flew in and was less than pleased with the current company. What would follow would be what initially appeared to be unwanted combat, but fortunately the mother would be able to calm the mate down just enough. And after some talk-to-talk between the gryphon and the former rider (thanks to Raclaw's ability to translate)-- the mother, the father, and the egg would soon be on their merry way. Latnok, Raclaw, Chester, and their new friends would all meet up again at least once before the trio of Guardian/dragon/dog would return to the inn for a good night's rest.
---
#160 Posted: 20:28:42 23/03/2019
Ilasi found herself drifting into sleep on Dahlia's side, the buffalo's body heat granting her warmth and comfort in conjunction with the cozy fur. As Ilasi fell into a more relaxed pose, her reality became dreams - dreams of swimming, dreams of relaxing on the beach... dreams of the rhythmic pounding of boots on the ground.
Indeed, that would be one of the many things to wake her up in the morning, with the sound of a large bell ringing. Ilasi was in her cabin with Dahlia, but she could already tell what was happening - assembly of troops, and roll call of those citizens in the nearby districts who were registered with the specific skill sets needed.
Ilasi quickly changed clothes before stepping outside, bringing Dahlia along with her. Sere had ordered an early roll call today, at first light, on account of travel around the city being more of a hassle. Most of the sailors were there - some had undoubtedly forgotten, and would be accounted for later, hopefully. Sere was planning to leave by noon. Laszur was present - in some rather inconspicuous clothing, as opposed to his usual uniform. Latnok was by Sere's side, possibly with Risar.
Leoquin was already up and at it. The poison he had suffered earlier seemed to dissipate - oddly enough, it seemed intended to subdue its victims, rather than kill them. After the initial numbness, Leoquin felt normal again soon after transforming. He couldn't wait to get back to their travels. He only wished that Shade could just go away somehow...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#161 Posted: 20:38:09 23/03/2019
"The bells-- now we're in martial law.," Chester confirmed as Latnok and company had made their way to the ship for early roll call. Chester wasn't too worried though; he had Raclaw/Latnok and they would soon be leaving these lands once again anyway. As he followed his two beloved best friends, he watched as the city tried to sort itself out and as people got in their places. Risar would indeed rise and take his place next to Sere and Latnok. And nearby, Raclaw would take his place near the bonded Guardian with Chester never too far apart. The tension in the air was high, as many were eager to leaves and others eager to be rid of Shade. Many surface thoughts would agree with Leoquin, although most had stayed aboard anyway.
---
#162 Posted: 20:47:20 23/03/2019
OOC: Well. Okay! Um, I've got more character ideas, (I never seem to run out - or use them) anyone want to see 'em?
Star stood quietly among the crowd. Despite using his Illusion to appear human, his obviously-valuable cloak made him stand out. He avoided bumping into anyone, not wanting to draw attention to himself. Of course, with Darkheart standing next to him, it was easy to direct the crowd's attention to her so he could stay in the background, where he was most comfortable. Helen and Spike, however, were anything BUT subtle, as they were bickering. As always. Star silently approached Latnok and asked "So... Latnok. It's been a while. How about an update on the state of affairs?" If one looked closely, they would notice his eyes were bloodshot. He never slept if he had a choice, he'd rather experiment and tinker. And he didn't hide such details, so long as they didn't ruin his disguise. The redness contrasted the piercing blue, but it wasn't pleasant. He looked exhausted, despite his relaxed stance.
Darkheart simply followed Star, unsure what to do with herself.
Helen and Spike were arguing over... Something. Not even THEY could remember what the argument had begun over, much less why they were disagreeing about. At this point, they were arguing just to argue.
---
#163 Posted: 21:17:17 23/03/2019
OOC: So long as you can manage-- you're free to use them. And for reference, Latnok/company are on the Guardian ship right now. smilie

As Raclaw had taken his place-- he soon noticed the presence of an disguised Star, Darkheart, and even Helen/Spike arguing somewhere among the crew. "Don't worry... they're friends.," Raclaw reassured an cautious crew member who had grown wary of having to babysit dragons. Raclaw himself may have been trusted among the crew, but the same couldn't be said for Shade or for Dragonkind in general. He did wonder though; Were they planning to go with them back to Falcon's Beak? Or were they just visiting one last time before the ship departed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:14 23/03/2019 by redwes
#164 Posted: 21:32:27 23/03/2019
Sere had thoroughly gone through the roll call roster - noting who was present and who would have to be accounted for later. Once he had finished with the roll call, he called for attention with a commanding voice.
"Good morning, everyone," Sere called out. "As you may or may not know, Shade is with us - to remain obedient on pain of death. As you probably know by now, Aelinon is currently under martial law. What that means for you is that you'l probably be stopped if you're carrying anything bulky or unusual, going to highly important buildings, or otherwise look suspicious. Fortunately, a curfew would be highly impractical to implement in Redwater on account of the galud population.
"Our plan is to leave by noon, once everyone is sorted out. Do not worry about the other dragon - she is much more stable than Shade. I have fought by her side and can vouch for her myself. And, having served their time, we will determine which prisoners are worthy of becoming full-fledged crew members later on in the day. I would recommend heading back to your cabins for now, unless you are helping prepare the equipment on the ship. You are dismissed."
The crowd of sailors dispersed, some still apprehensive about Darkheart and the other unusual creatures. Perhaps she would be kept in the pen in the ship, with Veris... They were not too concerned with the others, Helen looking like one of the Guardians' pet hellhounds, and the others looking too whimsical to be threatening.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#165 Posted: 23:16:45 23/03/2019
That night, Angora decided to remain with Shade. She would have other nights at the cabin. For now, she wanted to remain with the dragolet as much as she could. Maverick headed to Ilasi's cabin to spend some time with her, only to find her and Dahlia pleasantly asleep. He didn't want to disturb them, so he decided it was best to stay with his friends that night too.

When the bells sounded, Maverick was already up, making breakfast only to Angora, Shade and Ilasi. He wasn't in the mood to cook for anybody else. Angora only woke up at the sound of the bells, and bid farewell to Shade, willing to tolerate whatever form of affection he showed. She wanted to leave as soon as possible before Laszur or one of the Guardians went to her to separate them. It was going to be a long and hard ordeal, but if the stranger from the island was willing to help her somehow like he did the last time, then it'll all be worth it.
---
#166 Posted: 23:35:18 23/03/2019
OOC: Okay, well, these two have a really good reason for being here: one is a Hoopa. They also have a unique gimmick as a team: Dual personalities!
Name: Grace
Species: Shaymin
Good or evil: Good
Appearance: In either form, a anthropomorphic Shaymin wearing a Gracidea bloom around her neck. For obvious reasons, her clothes are somewhat loose, with an emphasis on comfort and function over style.
Personality: While always good-natured, Grace has two different ways of acting, depending on which Forme she's in. In Land Forme, she's shy and ridiculously forgiving. In Sky Forme, however, she's protective and obsessed with justice. She's kind as a whole, and acts as the official leader of her two-mon team, though only because she's better at PR. She favors Sky Forme when out and about, since her Land Forme is so shy.
Weapons: Keeps a leaf-shaped sword on hand.
Elements: Plants (air as well when in Sky Forme)
History: According to most, she's an adventuring hero who joined with Djinn out of pragmatism. In truth, she followed him to this world and teamed up with him to keep him under control.
Other: YES SHE'S A POKEMORPH

Name: Djinn
Species: Hoopa
Good or evil: Selfish neutral (registers as Evil when Unbound)
Appearance: A mostly normal Hoopa with a gold necklace.
Personality: While not truly evil, he tends to think only of himself, and maybe Grace; assuming he thinks his actions through at all. While Confined, his selfishness mostly manifests as simple greed. But when Unbound, his ambitions aim a bit higher: Multiversal Domination, and the destruction of anyone and anything that stands in his way, with the possible exception of Grace. However, his Unbound Forme is patient, quite willing to wait millennia to enact his plans. He IS immortal, after all. He can afford to wait. His Confined Forme keeps his Prison Bottle hidden in his special rings, and only brings it out when desperate.
Weapons: Enough to equip an Sultan's army, and then some. Favors a group of six scimitars, which were forged specifically for him.
Elements: Most magical elements, particularly air, earth, water, and fire.
History: In his earlier years, the first few hundred, he ruled an entire desert as Sultan. However, he was a cruel and ambitious ruler who abused his power. Eventually, a priest sealed away his darker side to keep him under control. Eventually, Djinn became used to it, a minor psychological split resulting in the personality described above. He started to wander, his memories of being Sultan foggy while Confined, only properly returning when he's Unbound.
Other: He's fallen deeply in love with Grace. She's the only one he'll consistently put before his own desires.

Star listened to the announcement before noticing *something* in the distant sky. His eyes were drawn to the golden ring, though only due to his good eyesight.
Noone else seemed to notice it (possibly excluding Latnok and a few other chosen heroes), and Star was left to wonder what it was. It looked vaguely familiar...
---
#167 Posted: 02:51:41 24/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade too looked up he didn’t do anything to avoid punishment. But he kept his guard up. Seeing old alies gave him hope again. And gave him more reason to try his best to listen. “Captain! Look!” He said looking at the Golden ring in the sky.

Meanwhile this hasn’t gone unnoticed by Orion. His wings glowed and he was ready to intervene if needed.
---
SC
#168 Posted: 03:25:33 24/03/2019
Angora was hoping for Shade to be his affectionate self for one last time, but she was both disappointed and relieved when that didn't happen. What was in the sky that was so interesting? She looked up to see the otherworldly gold ring. Some bizzare spectacle of nature? A magic show? Or were the Silvianesti sending a message with their magic? Those and many other scenarios ran through Angora's head as she tried to figure out just what was keeping everyone distracted...

Down at the kitchen and missing everything, Maverick was done with the breakfast. As far as he knew, he would be in charge of some of the navigation, but he got prepared for this kind of atmosphere in case he was lowered to cook in order to favor Leoquin with that job. Plus there was a chance everyone loved and already got used to his meals, so he was preparing himself in case this became his official occupation during his stay in the ship.
---
#169 Posted: 06:45:28 24/03/2019
OOC: Wonderful. Now we have a guy with one half of his mind plotting to take over the multiverse while the other half is oblivious. Ain't life grand?
Out of the ring dropped two beings, one catching the wind and descending slowly despite a lack of wings, while the other simply floated down. The ring deactivated, and floated to the latter, shrinking around his waist until it resembled a belt.
Star's jaw dropped, and he kneeled. Spike and even Helen copied the motion. Star called to the others "Show respect to these. They are Legendary Pokemon."
Darkheart voiced what many were no doubt thinking. "Legendary Pokemon?"
Spike explained "They're the deities of our world. And these ones are seen even less than normal, which is why they're known as Mythical Pokemon. A classification including Arceus himself."
The Shaymin landed softly and waved her arm. "Oh, for heaven's sake. You don't need to kneel."
The Hoopa moved his detached arms to suggest a shrug. "Oh, why not. Among other Legendaries, we don't get such special treatment. Especially me."
The Shaymin leveled a glare at him before making introductions. "My name is Grace. This is Djinn." She looked at Latnok and Sere. "Ardent Guardians. I hope you'll excuse our quite literally dropping in like this. I wish to speak with your leader later."
Star stood up, noting "Aren't Shaymin usually quadrupeds?" Grace shrugged in response.
Djinn rubbed his hands together excitedly. "Well, Grace? What's next? Diving for treasure? Following a pirate's map to riches like a Sultan's?"
Grace looked at him. "Fat chance, Midas."
The Hoopa looked mildly disappointed. "Can't I dream a little?"
Grace glared at him again. "Fantasize on YOUR time. I need to coordinate with the Ardent Guardians. I'll need to work with them."
Djinn shrugs again. "Ugh, I wish you'd tell me WHY you need their help. Everything we've gone up against has been easy."
The anthro Shaymin didn't answer, not wanting to explain to him that HE was why. If he were Unbound... She shivers at the thought. The stories of Djinn before he was Confined chilled her to the bone. Thankfully, he wasn't inclined to take that Forme. She'd have to warn the Ardent Guardians nonetheless.
---
#170 Posted: 09:43:52 24/03/2019
Upon seeing the strange, apparently mythical creature take a spot on his ship, Sere gave the essentially overgrown rodent a wary gaze. "I am the leader you are looking for," he said. "If you do not wish to speak now, then you will likely have to speak to me in a few hours, or our ship will depart. We are headed to rather dangerous seas, so it is not a journey for anyone who is looking for a pleasant cruise. Alternatively, you could hang about the soon-to-be war-ravaged continent." Latnok looked on, though he said nothing, though he noted one of the creatures' vain obsession for jewelry.

Back in several cities in Silvianesti, the air was uneasy. Elven soldiers hung about to maintain order, after a riot at the castle. There was one day left before Seraos would act on his ultimatum, and there wasn't a peep from the government as to bringing those in charge of the regicide attempt to justice.
There were churches and cathedrals for those who wished to worship. Many were congregated in one such recently erected structure now, for they knew no way out of their predicament. At the head stood an elf, in exquisite physical form yet in simple forms.
"Elves of Silvianesti!" he called out. "Our government has failed us! They seek to throw our lives, and those of our sons and daughters away in order to avoid acknowledging their own wrongdoing! But even in these trying times... there is one who can save us!
"Oh, yes, I know what you feel. Empty words from another priest, yes? But... today, I will show you. Have faith, and we will live to see peace yet!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#171 Posted: 11:27:05 24/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Ooc: oh boy they got the attention of Orion himself. Especially Djinn.

“Star Who are these creatures?” Shade said. “They aren’t here to cause trouble?”
---
SC
#172 Posted: 12:58:01 24/03/2019
Angora was getting tired of having so many bizzare creatures appearing around. Star and the others were old friends, even if one of them has changed considerably, but these were too strange looking. The only thing that relieved her was that she wasn't the only strange looking creature. She was a troll, a relatively common creature, but she was still odd looking with her condition.

Maverick was placing the meals on a tray and carefully left the kitchen to head for the stairs. The main deck seemed to be awfully quiet. It usually was that way when Sere gave his announcements, but he was already done with that. He would soon get his answer when he got to the main deck, remaining between the door and the stairs to see what was going on. He was quite confused. There seemed to be... creatures of some sort out there, but he couldn't see well with many of the crewmembers in the way. He wanted to see what was going on, but at the same time he wanted to deliver the breakfast to his friends and girlfriend. The smell was intense and delicious, but Maverick was afraid the meal would get cold if he didn't find space to walk in. Just exactly was that commotion?
---
#173 Posted: 13:07:17 24/03/2019
"Just how many different Pokemon are there?," Reclaw telepathed to Latnok as the new newcomers made their introductions. And how we're all these creatures finding their way into their world?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:10:34 24/03/2019 by redwes
#174 Posted: 13:14:44 24/03/2019
Ilasi was near the back of the crowd - not all the way back, but somewhere in between everyone else, to avoid drawing too much attention to herself. Despite the commotion, one thing caught her attention - the unquestionable smell of food. Maverick's cooking. She began to shift away, with constant requests to give her space to move.
Finally maneuvering her way to the back, Ilasi had confirmed her hypothesis - it was indeed Maverick, and it was indeed his food. Ilasi quickly walked up to him before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "Good morning, Maverick!" she greeted. "As you can see, the ship has some rather unusual guests today."

Meanwhile, Latnok gave a physical shrug as Raclaw spoke to him telepathically. "Who knows? Just like everyone else, I'll work with them if they're cooperative and kill them if they're hostile," he assured.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#175 Posted: 14:03:17 24/03/2019
Maverick was really glad to see her, but he could see everyone's interests were on the new guests.
"Morning. Yeah, I can see that. Two you say? Requesting jobs I suppose? Boy, this is NOT going to be a calm voyage, but the Guardians never removed that job offer, so it's not that surprising." Maverick commented, enjoying Ilasi's company but wishing he could get a better view of the creatures. The ship already had many people, but if these ones were hard to see, it meant they were small. Another dragon like Darkheart was probably going to be too much for the ship to handle, not to mention more cooking if Sere accepted them.
---
#176 Posted: 15:38:05 24/03/2019
Star took a "breath" (being mostly mechanical, he didn't actually have to breath, but even he felt nervous) and began reciting Pokedex entries. "Shaymin, the Gratitude Pokemon. Number 492 in the National Pokedex. The blooming of Gracidea flowers confers the power of flight on it. Feelings of gratitude are the message it delivers. It has the ability to clean up pollution, creating immense energy in the process." He turned towards Djinn and continued. "Hoopa, the Mischief Pokemon. Number 720 in the National Pokedex. It gathers things it likes and pushes them through its hoops to teleport them to a secret place. The majority of its power, along with its harsher instincts, is sealed away into a Prison Bottle. Thank Arceus." He suddenly covered his mouth, while Djinn looked confused.
Grace, on the other hand, was impressed. "You're a knowledgeable one, aren't you!" She turned to Sere. "May I speak with you in private?"
Djinn started demonstrating the use of his rings. He reached in one and pulled out various items, mostly shiny valuables. Putting it all back, he finally found something practical: his six favorite scimitars. Beautifully ornate, the blades were enough to slice through armor if it wasn't enchanted for strength. He showed them off then put them back. "The best part about my rings is that nobody else can use them! Or maybe it's that they double as transportation? Hmmmmmm..."
Grace looked at him, her expression showing some disdain. "Careful, there, Djinn. You're thinking, and you might strain your brain."
He glared in response. Star stifled a comment. Then he noted "So Legendaries argue as much as mortals?"
The two responded in unison "YES!" Star stepped back, paws raised.
"Okay. Geez."
---
#177 Posted: 15:45:05 24/03/2019
Latnok looked along at the droll display as Sere began to step away. "You may," Sere told the flowery creature. "I do not know if we will be able to support you on this expedition, however. We are out of cabins, and we can only hold so many rations. We are pushing the boundaries as it is with some other unexpected guests." At the very least, these creatures seemed able to readily move great distances - and maybe feeding themselves wouldn't be an issue. Sere entered the ship - he would head to his own cabin, which was a somewhat basic office with a bed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:57:43 24/03/2019 by A Guy
#178 Posted: 16:56:58 24/03/2019
Angora wasn't in an urge to introduce herself to the new and possible recruits, needing some space to gather her thoughts. She was thinking on what to do next when the smell of Maverick's cooking invaded her nostrils. At the very least it pleased her that some things hadn't changed. She followed the scent when she encountered Maverick with Ilasi, and suddenly remembered last night's news.
"Oh. Buenos días Angorita. Look, I brought something for you and Oscurito." he said happily, showing the tray. He was about to ask what those creatures were when Angora took her platter and Shade's.
"Good morning. I'll... take the food to Shade. I'll see you later." she said, giving a small nod to Ilasi in greeting and departing, leaving the two of them alone. Maverick could tell something was bothering his small friend. He wanted to believe it was because of the sudden newcomers and not because of yesterday's news, but nevertheless, he was going to confront Angora about the matter later, but for now, he just wanted to enjoy a good breakfast and find out who those creatures were.
---
#179 Posted: 17:01:36 24/03/2019
OOC: Dear Arceus it takes forever to type on here.
Grace blinked. "Rations?"
Djinn reminded her "Not everyone gets their energy by absorbing nutrients and sunlight or purifying the air, Grace. Most of us 'eat'. It's the act of-"
Grace hurriedly shushed him. "I know, I know. I just forgot for a moment." Turning to Sere she explained "While I can eat food like you, I don't have to. I'm like a plant." She followed him and leaned back against the wall. "Now then, I need to ask a small favor. I need your help with controlling Djinn should he be Unbound. That Forme remembers his time as a Sultan, and is planning to take over the multiverse. Djinn's main personality is oblivious, and I prefer to keep it that way. Oh, and another thing. My Forme will change as well, and that side is very shy. I can only take my current Forme during daylight hours. I also have to keep THIS on hand." She gestures to the Gracidea around her neck. "Would you mind helping me with that? I'm sure we'll both be of use to you."
Djinn was tapping his fingers impatiently. He hated waiting! What was taking Grace so long?! Reaching into his ring, he rummaged until he pulled out the Prison Bottle. He looked at it, listening to the ominous whispers only he could hear. Shivering, he put it back. "Dunno why they wanted me to keep it on hand, but it gives me the creeps!" He had meant to whisper, but being quiet wasn't his strong suit.
Star shuddered at the sight. They let him have his Prison Bottle WITH him?! It should be locked away for eternity!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:39 24/03/2019 by darknessdawn
#180 Posted: 17:18:28 24/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“Hey Star. What’s that bottle he has?” Shade said curious.
---
SC
#181 Posted: 17:24:12 24/03/2019
Star spoke in a hushed tone. "That, my friend, is the Prison Bottle. Should it be opened, he will... Be... Unbound. If that happens..." Star began shaking. "Even other Legendaries find an Unbound Hoopa intimidating. If he's Unbound, we need to use the Prison Bottle on him again. It's both the solution and a potential danger. But since he already has it, there's no way to take it. Thank Arceus he seems less than inclined to use it."
---
#182 Posted: 17:27:31 24/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“Well should that happen I’m sure it will get the attention of Orion. The great protector of the Galaxy.” Shade said. “I’m sure they already are being watched by him now.
---
SC
#183 Posted: 18:07:56 24/03/2019
Sere listened along as Grace spoke, not quite knowing how to make sense of it all. It all seemed so sudden...
"You may stay, if that is what you wish," he said. "Until I become somewhat more experienced in this whole...situation, I will limit my interference to observation. I do not have cabins for you, however; until a few of us die on this journey, you will have to sleep in the wyvern pen with Veris - my wyvern - and the other last-minute guests, if you need sleep. Shade prefers to sleep outside, so we will leave him there.
"And one more thing - I would prefer if you remain as inconspicuous as possible. Our crew already has major concerns about Shade, and we have another dragon - the last thing I need is for them to not be willing to be on a ship with so many unknown, potentially unstable creatures."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#184 Posted: 18:31:07 24/03/2019
Grace shrugged. "I appreciate the warning. But if Djinn is Unbound, I WILL need help in making him Confined again. And I'm more comfortable outside myself. Djinn? I really don't know if he actually sleeps or not." She bowed and left, going back out onto the deck. She relaxed in the sunlight, bringing a small book out of a pouch on her belt and a pencil. She began scribbling something in Unown Runes.
Djinn approached and stared at what she was writing. "Whatcha doing?"
Grace pulled the book out of sight. "Do you mind? This is my DIARY."
Djinn groaned and started trying to get it. "C'mon, just a peek!"
"No! It's private!"
Star was restraining giggles at the absurdity of the sight before him.
---
#185 Posted: 19:13:52 24/03/2019
Sere wasn't quite done with Grace yet, and he was far from giggling. "So... tell me one thing," he telepathed. "If this creature is so dangerous and unstable, why should I keep him aboard my ship? Why should I not just kill him right now? We have already had to deal with Shade losing control on several occasions, and are prepared to kill him if he shows any such signs. If I keep you aboard the ship, and he goes rogue, the entire crew will most likely mutiny. You cannot come on board without some guarantee of his stability on this voyage, which is dangerous enough as it is." The crew's own concerns weren't something he could dismiss; he was already pushing it by keeping Shade on board, even with the extra pay.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#186 Posted: 19:28:08 24/03/2019
Grace was surprised by the telepathy, but responded with her own. It's highly unlikely he'll transform. He won't do so willingly, but I worry someone will be foolish enough to open his Prison Bottle. If that happens, we'll have about twenty seconds before the transformation finishes to get ready before all Hell breaks loose. She resumed writing.
Djinn sighed and gave up on reading Grace's diary. He resumed browsing through his wealth. Finally he grew bored of THAT and started just watching Grace. Something about her drew his attention.
Star rummaged around in his cloak and began tinkering in the warm sunlight, which was unfamiliar to him but was still quite comfortable.
Helen lazed about on the deck, enjoying the sun, and only being half-hearted when she inevitably growled at someone. Spike perched on her, watching the sky.
Darkheart curled up so she was more compact and less conspicuous. And for comfort, she covered herself with her wings, disliking the bright sunlight.
---
#187 Posted: 19:51:53 24/03/2019
Sere gave a dissatisfied scowl at Grace's s vague answer, as it failed to assuage his fears. "I don't need a 'probably'," he telepathed. "I need a guarantee. If this only happens if someone opens this prison bottle, then I will take hold of it and keep it with me. I will not risk us all on a 'probably'.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#188 Posted: 20:05:40 24/03/2019
Grace groaned audibly. Good luck taking it. He hides it in his ring. Speaking with you was a precaution. It's a worry of mine. IF this happens - and that's a big IF - I will need help. She scribbled notes. There are other reasons we're here, but I see no reason to bring them up until we reach land. She couldn't tell him her goals, any more than she could tell Djinn why she was with him.
---
#189 Posted: 20:27:01 24/03/2019
Sere was growing increasingly annoyed. "Listen. I've dealt with 'probably not' with unstable creatures before. Shade, who can't control himself and needs others to do it for him. He was given a court order to stay grounded. I accepted that and moved along, feeling he would respect that - what I didn't know is that he would be dumb and selfish enough to violate such an order to transport Angora somewhere, them go to Redwater and kill several hundred people.
"That is the last time I deal with 'probably not' with unstable creatures. I will have that bottle, or we are going nowhere."

Sere would then take a more direct approach. "You. Djinn. I will need collateral to ensure your cooperation. I will need your bottle," he ordered.

OOC: You probably missed it, but at this point it would be unbelievably out-of-character for Sere to tolerate something like that after what Shade did.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:40 24/03/2019 by A Guy
#190 Posted: 21:02:22 24/03/2019
Djinn looked confused. "Why would you WANT it? It's creepy and weird." Nevertheless, Djinn cooperated, handing Sere the Prison Bottle. The moment Sere took hold of it, he would hear the same dark voice Djinn heard earlier, whispering promises of infinite wealth and power if he only opened it. It prodded at his mind, showing images of the former Sultan's wealth, his army, his unspeakable dark magic. It whispered All this, and more, can be yours if you free me.
Grace watched closely, one hand on her sword. She didn't know how strong Sere's will was, but she was ready to attack if Sere so much as touched the cap.
---
#191 Posted: 21:17:53 24/03/2019
Sere was slightly startled at the sound when he touched the bottle - but only slightly. He had much experience dealing with evil spirits - and, unfortunately for whatever was in the bottle, Sere was probably the least likely person on the ship to be swayed. He had already dedicated his life to his cause - he had no desire for wealth and power except as a means to an end, to protect people, and appeasing an evil spirit would do the exact opposite.
"Very well," he said, satisfied, as he put the bottle into his bag. "You may stay as long as that is in my possession. Now, I will lay out some rules.
"First - I am the captain. You will always follow my orders. Latnok and Risar - the other Ardent Guardian on this ship and the minotaur, respectively - are my immediate subordinates for this journey. You will follow their orders unless they contradict mine. Laszur is a representative of Aelinon - if he needs to do something, make sure you stay out of his way. Stay in general good order, and everything will be fine - otherwise we may need to give you some time in the brig to cool off. It would be in your best interest to avoid injuring anyone on my crew or destroying anything, intentionally or not - my men are wary of you as is."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#192 Posted: 21:27:56 24/03/2019
Djinn listened eagerly, while Grace continued scribbling. It was apparent to everyone but Djinn that she wasn't just making a diary entry. Grace relaxed, glad that Sere was strong-willed. She agreed to the terms, then quietly asked "This isn't your first encounter with an evil spirit, is it? Your response indicates you have experience with such things."
The spirit of the Prison Bottle started swearing violently at Sere, trying to convince him with threats once he found a fool who would accept his offer. You think I can be contained forever!? Let me out, or I'll destroy everyone you love and make you watch, then destroy you! If you don't free me, some other foolish mortal will!
---
#193 Posted: 21:42:04 24/03/2019
Sere gave an exasperated sigh as the spirit continued its futile efforts to sway him. "Some would say I've seen it all..." he responded nonchalantly, giving Djinn no context as to what he was referring to. "If it exists on this world, more likely than not I've fought it, and have details of such a creature written in our guide books. That's part of the function of the Ardent Guardians - to be experts at fighting many dangerous creatures, most notably those which would be difficult for average people to kill. Not just big monsters, but others which can be incorporeal or elusive." As the time passed, the late crew members were beginning to arrive on the ship - Sere was ready to leave as soon as they were all accounted for.

Ilasi ate the food as provided by Maverick. "Thank you, Maverick!" she said. It was a frequent thing by this point, but that didn't make her any less inclined to thank him. "Wonderful food, as always!"
Angora was there, notably. Ilasi gave Angora a curious look, as she contemplated how Angora would feel about her presence. Did Maverick tell his friends about their status? She would find out soon enough, most likely.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#194 Posted: 21:49:59 24/03/2019
Grace nodded in response. "That's why I chose to ask your assistance." She was STILL scribbling in her little book. Whatever she was writing was taking a while.
Djinn looked confused at the conversation. "What're you two TALKING about?"
"Nothing."
Star continued tinkering, occasionally mumbling something.
Darkheart had fallen asleep, as had Helen. Spike seemed eager to help. He tried to assist without pestering the sailors.
The spirit of the Prison Bottle gave up, realizing he couldn't sway Sere.
---
#195 Posted: 21:58:49 24/03/2019
With the conversation seemingly done, Sere got to his feet, happy that the bottle spirit at least stopped its incessant efforts. He had other matters to attend to.
"If we're done here," he said, "then I'll head back onto the deck. I need to get further accountability of my men. Once we're all here, I'll set out. I must warn you - this will not be a pleasant journey. We are headed into the so-called "Danger Zone" of Falcon's Beak - a ring where storms are oddly severe, with tales of some dangerous creature or another appearing every now and then. Of course, that doesn't stop many of the more adventurous types who want to make a name for themselves - many who I have contracted - but be prepared for the worst."
Sere then looked directly at Grace as he focused his thoughts. "As for that spirit... what do you think would be a good punishment for its rudeness?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#196 Posted: 22:01:00 24/03/2019
As the two Pokémon deities negotiated their stay aboard the Enduring Legacy-- Raclaw laid down and relaxed near Latnok, the little Chester laying down beside him. From what Raclaw could tell, the new Pokémon were staying aboard.. and that included Darkheart no less. The dragon's continued presence hadn't escaped his notice and the dragon/Houndoom duo had seemingly fallen asleep right there on the deck. Raclaw briefly stared and small growing part of him wondered what exactly the dragoness' previous gesture had meant. Chester looked up at his larger companion and and saw where the Fur Dragon's glance had briefly taken him. Chester recognized the glance, except this glance was different. Darkheart wasn't just some old acquaintance or a friend from adventures past -- she was a dragoness, something Raclaw had no doubt seen very little of in his life.

Elsewhere, Risar was present helping account for the latecomers and generally keeping an eye out-- more so on the new deities.
---
#197 Posted: 22:39:23 24/03/2019
OOC: Can anyone give me a rundown of who's being shipped with who?
Grace gave Sere the telepathic equivalent to a shrug. I really don't have an answer. You can't really do much to punish someone who's already sealed for all eternity. If I were to choose something, I'd say you should remind him of his current situation... And show him THESE memories. She projected the state of affairs in the now-democratic desert the spirit once ruled. Peaceful and happy, with a completely different government? It may not seem like a punishment to us, but it's a crushing blow to the spirit's ego.
Djinn was juggling his rings for giggles. He needed SOME way to occupy his time.
Darkheart blushed in her sleep, as if she was aware of Raclaw's gaze.
---
#198 Posted: 23:01:48 24/03/2019
OOC: ATM the only character of mine shipped is Ilasi.

Sere grabbed his bag before leaving - keeping the memories in a nice, safe spot in his mind. The spirit might be expecting some sort of retaliation immediately - Sere would take his time, hit him when he least expected it...

Once Sere was on the deck, he began the process of accounting for the rest of the crew members. Checking over with Risar, it would be plain enough that everyone was onboard. There was no reason for the ship to remain in the dock anymore - no one wanted to be here for the chaos - or rather, extreme order - that was likely to ensue.
"Risar, have the men pull anchor," Sere ordered. "Hey! Leoquin! You'll be navigating right now."
"Aye-aye, sir!" Leoquin responded dutifully, ready to take the wheel.
Laszur began to slip away from the rest of the crowd to return to the cabin designated for him. With the sun showing itself, he would need as much rest as he could get on this rowdy ship. Sere didn't seem to command this crew as strictly as he would his own Guardians, but that was what you would expect of a mostly mercenary crew, something Laszur would have to put up with.

"Here we go again, eh Raclaw?" Latnok said as he petted the fur dragon on his head absent-mindedly. Though he wouldn't be able to say when, it had become something of a habit he picked up with his continued bond with Raclaw. "We have a little extra company this time. You know, that Djinn guy looks like the rather jovial type. I wonder what he's like after downing a bottle or two..." Latnok, though he felt some of Raclaw's emotions, was currently oblivious as to their exact origin, though he would no doubt be able to figure it out soon enough.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#199 Posted: 23:38:31 24/03/2019
OOC: Besides *this*-- Chester and Risar don't have anything going for them at the moment.

"Aye, Caption.," Risar said with a nod as he began issuing orders. Things seemed to be returning to normal at least; the newcomers seemed to be mostly staying out of the way. Shade and company were where they typically expected to be, although perhaps together for not much longer. And Raclaw had taken his usual place next to Latnok's side-- and seemingly having grown very accustomed to the petting that humans often provided to their four-legged friends. The two certainly had a unique bond and a bond that had only grown since the Fur Dragon had so willingly allowed the Guardian to claim his collar.

"I'm sure he wouldn't say no to finding out, assuming he can hold his liquor.," Raclaw said looking up at Latnok with a slight smile. Indeed-- he had grown very used to the petting and didn't even mind what it did or didn't do for his public image. Besides, his bond with Latnok had been no secret and the collar claim itself had all but been outed not that long ago. A small part of him was reminded of when he used to just lie down next to one of his old 'owners' and simply comfort them. He may not had always been able to speak, but he had always been there for the ones he loved.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:31 25/03/2019 by redwes
#200 Posted: 00:04:35 25/03/2019
Were someone to give Djinn a drink, they would find him able to drink enough to kill a normal human, and that he didn't show signs of drunkenness. Aside from a hangover the next day. It was Grace who would get strange after a few drinks. Speaking of Grace, the anthro Shaymin seemed relaxed, but was, in fact, hyper-alert. She scanned the sea and sky alike, cautious of a sudden change in either.
Star looked up at Latnok. "Back when I was organic, I would drink cup after cup of sake. Never got drunk or had a hangover. I was lucky, though. I've seen great people laid low by alcohol." The Zoroark grinned, showing just a few too many teeth.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me