Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 37 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#1801 Posted: 03:09:12 04/06/2019
Tyraika stared at him quietly for a moment. "You were... Allowed? Just for following orders?" she asked. She could hardly believe it. There was no way these humans would allow captured dragons to play in the water... Right? Tyraika didn't know what to think. What she kept hearing from Shade went against everything she thought she knew about humanoids. She didn't feel like a fellow dragon would lie to her, but at the same time, she still didn't trust these humans. Did these collars do more than control them? Did it change how they thought and felt about the humans? It made sense to Tyraika, but how could she be sure? She couldn't risk getting collared. If only she could see proof of something, or talk to a dragon here that wasn't collared. Although, that seemed impossible. Any captured dragon would likely already be collared.

The dragon shook her head to stop all the confusing thoughts whirling around. Tyraika sighed. She looked at Shade. "The humans are pretty much all afraid of you, huh? Well, you're not scary to a fellow dragon. Don't worry, I'll keep you company for as long as I'm stuck here. That... Seems like it'll be awhile," she said, quietly.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1802 Posted: 03:17:11 04/06/2019
Quote: Spyroconvexity
”Look things like this take time and practice. It doesn’t just happen in minutes. Takes months or years of practice and consertation.” Neo said. ”I’ll try to teach you the best I can. I’ll do this once more for you.” Neo then started to channel more mental focus and soon Angora would be able to understand Veris once more.

"Years!?!?" Angora exclaimed, almost yelling it with the voice as well. With everything that was happening, she didn't even know if she would be able to live that long. While she wanted to keep complaining, she didn't want to keep Veris waiting. There might be a way for her to speed up the learning process, but she wasn't going to like it.

But there would be time for that later. Continuing with the drool cleaning, she began to talk, wanting to surprise Veris when she responded to his language again.
"Well then, at least it's the tongue and not the teeth. Speaking of which, how did the teeth cleaning work for you? Eating better I hope?" she asked, doing a comical chomping sound when she finished the sentence.
"As long as you promise not to eat me, I can do it again whenever you want." she then commented, touching one of his outside fangs playfully.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1803 Posted: 03:26:07 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade gave a nod at her question. He then smiled. “Thanks. And I’ll keep you company as well.” Shade said. He moved a little closer feeling happy around Tyraika. It made him happy to know he wasn’t just some mindless monster but a dragon (dragolet) with a heart and soul. “Though I do wish they get to know me before judging me.”
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1804 Posted: 03:41:07 04/06/2019
Veris gave Angora a grin, followed by opening his mouth wide to showcase his new teeth before closing his mouth. "My teeth feel... free. I want to see how they look! Do you think my human will like them?" he asked Angora with childlike enthusiasm. "And I can't eat you. Then no one will keep me company here. My human is too busy. He doesn't talk to me or play with me like you do. He is always so busy. I think my human needs to take a break sometimes and eat a good meal."

"For now, you are free, brother," the Ishulgite said. "We will summon you when we have need of you. Do not forget to be ready for afternoon prayer."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1805 Posted: 03:49:10 04/06/2019
Quote: A Guy
Veris gave Angora a grin, followed by opening his mouth wide to showcase his new teeth before closing his mouth. "My teeth feel... free. I want to see how they look! Do you think my human will like them?" he asked Angora with childlike enthusiasm. "And I can't eat you. Then no one will keep me company here. My human is too busy. He doesn't talk to me or play with me like you do. He is always so busy. I think my human needs to take a break sometimes and eat a good meal."

Angora gave a playful grin, ready to answer.
"I'm very sure Sere won't mind as long as you're happy and comfortable." she responded, before addressing to his other comment.
"Oh ho ho, so that's why you're sparing me? Because I keep you company and play with you? And give you food? Nothing else?" she asked tauntingly, raising one eyebrow. She was enjoying messing with him, and couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he noticed she was responding accordingly to what he said.
---
#1806 Posted: 03:53:25 04/06/2019
"Thanks, Shade," Tyraika said. She offered up a small smile of her own. She felt more at ease around him. Tyraika sighed and her smile faded. "Yeah... They seem to judge at the first sign of trouble, huh?" She paused. "I would probably call them out for that... If I wasn't guilty of doing the same thing..." she muttered.
---
#1807 Posted: 04:28:19 04/06/2019
Veris tilted his head at Angora in confusion - partly because of her sudden understanding, and partly because of her question. "Is your kindness to me not enough of a reason?" he asked earnestly. "You make me happy. Eating you would make me sad." To Veris, the matter was rather simple - and he couldn't understand what Angora could be trying to goad from him.

On deck, Latnok brought the finished meals up, ringing the bell to indicate to others that food was ready. He had put effort into the food, like always. He made no particular attempt to tempt Tyraika, figuring that her hunger would eventually bring her in - if not now, then later.
He hadn't spoken to Kasidra after the mission. They were going to spar later...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1808 Posted: 05:23:19 04/06/2019
Veris tilted his head at Angora in confusion - partly because of her sudden understanding, and partly because of her question. "Is your kindness to me not enough of a reason?" he asked earnestly. "You make me happy. Eating you would make me sad." To Veris, the matter was rather simple - and he couldn't understand what Angora could be trying to goad from him.

"Oh don't worry Veris. I was just teasing you." Angora said, wanting to explain the real meaning behind the joke. She wanted Veris to say that there was something else other than all the caring she gave to him, like he loved and accepted her the way she was, but she'd rather wait for Veris to say it himself or at least realize it. She didn't feel used, but made her a little sad those seemed to be the only reasons he was so gentle and patient with her.

She didn't say anything about it however, and decided to apologize instead.
"I'm sorry. I was just joking. Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable again. I realize now I tend to do some bad jokes. I will stop if you want. Neo, you know, the spirit that helps me with my magic, allowed me to talk to you again, and I don't want to make you uneasy. So go ahead, ask me anything you want. We can talk about anything. I'm not needed on the main deck right now, and I'll just get lonely and bored in my cabin, so I can stay with you for a while." Angora assured, wanting to make sure Veris understood that she never meant to make him feel bad in any way. He was currently the friend she had the most contact with, and the last thing she wanted was to make him feel uncomfortable. She had to be careful on how she teased him, or simply stop altogether.
---
#1809 Posted: 10:12:26 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Yes they do. They never got to know the true me.” Shade said. He looked at Tyraika. “Thank you for giving me the chance to prove I’m not the monster everyone thinks I am.”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1810 Posted: 12:10:52 04/06/2019
Quote:
On deck, Latnok brought the finished meals up, ringing the bell to indicate to others that food was ready. He had put effort into the food, like always. He made no particular attempt to tempt Tyraika, figuring that her hunger would eventually bring her in - if not now, then later.
He hadn't spoken to Kasidra after the mission. They were going to spar later...

As the bell rung-- Raclaw and Chester would be one of the first to show up, the former briefly pondering if the fur-like Tyraika would partake in their meal. However, he saw that the new dragon was still with Shade and figured that she had found solace in the previously troubled dragolet. Risar gave one long stare before heading to get food himself. While the large Minotaur didn't wish a collar on Tyraika; he hoped that two wouldn't prove to be a bad influence on each other.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:11:24 04/06/2019 by redwes
#1811 Posted: 15:13:05 04/06/2019
"You're welcome," Tyraika said. she heard the dinner bell, and while she didn't know what that meant, the smell of food gave her an idea. She looked over and saw Latnok with the cart. Tyraika sighed and looked back at Shade. "Hey, don't you want food, too? They do feed you, right? Don't worry about me, just go eat." She hoped she could watch and see what could happen. Latnok had already explained that she wouldn't get food until she asked politely for it, but Tyraika didn't know the specifics of that. Did she just have to ask for it, or was there more to it then that? Perhaps watching Shade would give her an answer.

Kasidra was already heading up to the deck, when the smell of food and sound of the dinner bell made her pick up the pace. When she arrived, she saw Latnok at the food cart. The tiefling figured as much. With what happened earlier today, she doubted Maverick would leave the mermaid's side any time soon. The thought gave her an idea. Perhaps she should check on them and bring them some food. Kasidra didn't know if Ilasi was awake yet, but surely the faun hybrid would be hungry, right? It was at least a good enough reason to see how they were doing.

The tiefling walked over to the food cart. "Hello, Latnok," she greeted. "Sir, do you think it would be alright if I brought Maverick and Ilasi their dinner? It would give me a chance to check on them and see how they're doing," Kasidra said.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:53 04/06/2019 by Cynder09
#1812 Posted: 15:35:18 04/06/2019
With Angora clarifying herself, she also paved the way for Veris to ask her questions, which he would take advantage of. "Where is your human?" he asked her. "He doesn't seem to like me much. What does he do now? Is he busy often? Has he made more food?" Veris really appreciated moments like this where he could just talk and have a conversation - it was a deeper connection than he was accustomed to.

Latnok allowed the sailors to take their own meals, though he had something set out for Raclaw and Chester already. He had an idea of what Raclaw would ask, and would preempt it. "The wild creature will get food when she has shown herself to be capable of asking for it in a suitable manner," he telepathed. "She must know humility before she will accept any form of instruction - and she must accept instruction if we're to train her in acting in ways which don't endanger the lives of others."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1813 Posted: 16:00:05 04/06/2019
Maverick heard the very faint sound of the bell, but even with how far it was, he recognized the sound.
"Oh, just in time. Looks like señor Latnok did the food this time. Want me to get you something?" Maverick asked, knowing food would help Ilasi with the recovery.

With Angora clarifying herself, she also paved the way for Veris to ask her questions, which he would take advantage of. "Where is your human?" he asked her. "He doesn't seem to like me much. What does he do now? Is he busy often? Has he made more food?" Veris really appreciated moments like this where he could just talk and have a conversation - it was a deeper connection than he was accustomed to.

Angora was quite surprised to know Veris was so interested in Maverick. She was certain he would ask about something else, like where were they, or when would Sere return. No surprise that food was a subject however.
"Calm down Veris. I already told you. Maverick doesn't hate you. He's just a little cautious. He's quite a nervous human the poor lad." Angora explained patiently, never expecting Veris to be this interested in befriending Maverick... or maybe it was just because he was interested in having more of his food.
"I can tell him to make another meal for you. And once he sees you really don't mean him any harm, you can be great friends. He just have to learn not to be so nervous around you." Angora then stated, knowing Maverick's fear was misplaced, although just a little bit understandable. They both learned Veris was willing to eat even humans, so a close approach may be a bit more difficult for the poor faun man than before.
---
#1814 Posted: 18:00:57 04/06/2019
Ilasi continued to look down, though she seemed just a bit calmer than before. "I would really... appreciate that," she said. She really didn't want to go back up to the surface if she didn't have to.

Veris laid down, satisfied with the answer given to him for now. "He can make more food for me? I would like that!" he said eagerly, as he began drooling to a small degree.

Latnok then noticed Kasidra coming up for her own plate. It would've been a good opportunity to talk about more sparring, but she immediately requested to bring food to Maverick and Ilasi. "Good on you, looking out for your fellow crew mates," he praised. "Initiative. I appreciate that. Go ahead. Let Ilasi know that we're working on a solution to the whole problem. I'm going to be training the dragon." Latnok wasn't sure what sort of arrangement would work in the end - but he was certain that discipline would be part of the solution.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1815 Posted: 18:11:34 04/06/2019
Angora shook her head, with a grin accompanying it.
"Oh you silly beast. It's always food with you, isn't it? Heh, I'm surprised you haven't eaten your own tail." Angora said jokingly, but then specified it as such in case Veris took it too literally like it was usually the case. She really enjoyed talking with him, which motivated her even further to master both healing and animal talk. Such useful abilities.

Ilasi continued to look down, though she seemed just a bit calmer than before. "I would really... appreciate that," she said. She really didn't want to go back up to the surface if she didn't have to.

"Ok then mi Ilasi. I'll bring it for you right now. I'll leave you my bag in case you need anything. You need how to use it, right? Just think on what you want, and if it has it, it'll bring it outside." Maverick instructed, just in case Ilasi didn't understand the concept that well yet.

He then left the cabin, wondering what Katnok had prepared. He didn't like the fact that he had to go to the main deck with such a wild dragon there, one that probably hated him right now, but perhaps he could yell to someone from downstairs to bring the food to him so that he wouldn't have to set foot on the deck...
---
#1816 Posted: 18:16:36 04/06/2019
Kasidra smiled. At least her experience was going well so far. It was unfortunate what happened with the dragon, but hopefully the training would fix that problem. "Yes, sir," she nodded. Kasidra grabbed two plates, both for her crew mates rather than herself. She didn't have enough hands to properly carry a third plate, so she decided to come back for hers afterwards.

The tiefling left the deck and headed to Maverick's room, where she had last seen them. She figured they would still be there. Before she even got there, however, she came across Maverick in the hallway. Well, that was convenient. "Oh, hey, Maverick. How's Ilasi doing? Any better?" Kasidra asked. She showed him the plates in her hands. "I brought food for you two, you must be hungry."
---
#1817 Posted: 18:25:58 04/06/2019
Maverick didn't know why she was carrying two plates, but was glad to see her.
"Oh, hey... Kasidra, right? Si, Ilasi is much better now. She just woke up, but she still needs rest. Her wound is fine though. Almost as if it never existed, thanks to you and Angorita. Still, she has to take a break before willing to face the dragon again." Maverick explained, deciding to leave Ilasi's little freak out about the blood magic she did a secret. He didn't want to make Kasidra feel bad about it.
---
#1818 Posted: 18:45:00 04/06/2019
"Yeah, that's right," Kasidra nodded. "That's good, glad to hear it," she smiled. The tiefling nodded again. "Understandable. I don't blame her, after what happened. Speaking of which, though, Latnok said that he's going to train the dragon. So they're working on the solution, and hopefully, it'll work out. He told me to let her know, unless you rather tell her yourself," she said. Kasidra held out the plates of food towards him. "Well, here. Take these. Can't have Ilasi starving to death after we just healed her."
---
#1819 Posted: 18:55:47 04/06/2019
Maverick was very happy to know he didn't need to go up the main deck.
"Oh gracias. Didn't want to go up there after an experience like that." he said my taking the plates before realizing what Kasidra said also.
"Train the dragon? He wants to train her?" he asked, doubting such idea.
"She's a wild dragon. She should be released once she's healed. I don't think she's ever been restrained like this her whole life." he then said cautiously, disliking the idea. An attempt to train her may make her behavior worse, and this endanger Ilasi more. Why did the Guardians feel the need to train and restrain every creature they came across? What happened earlier was an accident, one that wasn't neither Ilasi or the dragon's fault. He started to wonder if it was a punishment.
---
#1820 Posted: 19:12:43 04/06/2019
"You're welcome," Kasidra nodded. "Although, the dragon seems better now than before. Last I saw, Shade was keeping her company. Maybe she's only comfortable around other dragons?" The tiefling shrugged. "I don't know. I'm no expert. I just know that Latnok said he's going to train her. Unfortunately, it isn't our call to make. It's probably just a precaution for everyone's safety, though. We can't have her hurting Ilasi again. Even if she's released, Ilasi won't be able to get close enough to heal her at all, if she acts out like that again. So the training probably isn't a bad idea," Kasidra said.
---
#1821 Posted: 19:33:50 04/06/2019
Maverick knew Kasidra was making much sense, but he still wasn't fond of the idea.
"Well, I just hope señor Latnok is gentle with her. He tends to be very harsh with his methods? It's not her fault what happened. She is after all, just a wild animal taken out of her home, her very way of life." Maverick expressed, imagining how hard it must be for the new dragon to adapt to such an abrupt change.
"But I also noticed how well she bonded with Osc... Shade. They can keep each other company, and he can help her be calm around others. It'll probably be a long process, but we have no other choice." he then expressed, knowing these next hours, and maybe even days were going to be crucial for almost everybody.
---
#1822 Posted: 19:47:08 04/06/2019
Kasidra sighed. "Honestly, I don't really expect anyone to be gentle with her after what happened. Regardless of how it happened or whose fault it is, mistakes were made and someone almost died. That's pretty serious. Wild animals are unpredictable. If they can't be trusted, then they have to be trained or restrained somehow. It's the only way to really ensure everyone's safety. It's unfortunate, but there's not much we can really do about it," she said. The tiefling nodded. "Yeah, hopefully it all works out. Maybe bonding with Shade will help her," she shrugged.
---
#1823 Posted: 19:56:15 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Why don’t you come get some food with me? It’ll get you used to being around the crew.” Shade said unaware of what Latnok telepathed to Tyraika.
---
SC
#1824 Posted: 19:56:54 04/06/2019
Maverick knew it mostly depended on Shade right now. And in part Raclaw.
"Well if what you said is true and she only gets along with dragons, that's the safest bet we got." he expressed, knowing he couldn't do anything about whatever happened there.

After finishing the sentence, he then remembered what he had on his hands.
"Oh, almost forgot about these plates. Anyway, better get going before the meal gets cold. Please make sure to visit us often and keep us updated about everything Kasidra. I don't think I'll be setting foot on the deck for a while. Neither will Ilasi. And I'm willing to bet Angorita isn't either, so we'll keep in touch." Maverick said, bidding farewell, knowing he has already taken plenty of Kasidra's time and that he has kept Ilasi waiting long enough. He didn't know where Angora was, if she wasn't with Veris anymore, but he knew her well enough to figure out she would want to avoid the main deck for a while too.
---
#1825 Posted: 20:16:20 04/06/2019
Tyraika glanced at Latnok and looked back at Shade. "Oh, I..." she trailed off. She wasn't sure if she should tell the truth, or lie and say she wasn't hungry. Tyraika sighed and lowered her head. "I... Can't," she admitted. "The human told me I have to ask politely first." As hungry as she was, the prideful dragon wasn't sure if she was ready to make that move yet or not. Tyraika was still wild and wanted to hunt.

Kasidra nodded. "Alright, I will. I'll let you guys know if any progress is made. I'm not sure when the training is supposed to start, but I'll let you know when it does and how it's going. See you later, Maverick." The tiefling didn't mind playing messenger for now. She understood why they would want to avoid the deck for the time being. In the meantime, Kasidra headed back to the main deck to get some food for herself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:25 04/06/2019 by Cynder09
#1826 Posted: 20:25:58 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“He did? Oh....well how about I wait with you? When you’re ready we both can ask if you want.” Shade said. Shade being the kind Dragolet he is felt bad for her. He didn’t want her to feel left out.
---
SC
#1827 Posted: 20:36:04 04/06/2019
"Food is good! Food makes you feel good and gives you energy! Food helps you grow!" Veris said. "Everyone should want food!" Though VEris was aware that angora wasn't being serious with her comment, he still didn't understand quite why liking food was noteworthy.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1828 Posted: 20:43:16 04/06/2019
Tyraika raised her head in surprise. "What? No! You're not in trouble. You shouldn't have to go hungry." She shook her head. She gently nudged his shoulder with her head. "Just go eat. I'll be fine," she insisted. Tyraika may have been too stubborn and prideful to go get food yet, but she didn't want Shade to starve on her account.
---
#1829 Posted: 20:55:38 04/06/2019
Maverick entered the cabin pushing the door with his body.
"Well, here you go Ilasi. Kasidra was already bringing this to us. Don't worry about going up there. It's alright if you need all the rest you can get. I know you're not ready to return... and neither am I." Maverick specified, handling her meal to her, already knowing which one belonged to him. Their diets were quite different. He was still concerned about the new dragon, but decided not to make Ilasi have the same concern as well and decided to not say anything about his conversation with Kasidra unless Ilasi asked and he had no other choice.

"Food is good! Food makes you feel good and gives you energy! Food helps you grow!" Veris said. "Everyone should want food!" Though VEris was aware that angora wasn't being serious with her comment, he still didn't understand quite why liking food was noteworthy.

The wyvern have become such a drooling mess that Angora had to keep her distance to avoid being dripped. She had enough with his licks.
"Easy, easy there Veris! Sheesh! I know food is important, but there are other things to think about you know." she commented, now understanding that food wasn't just a strong necessity for Veris. It was an obsession. With enough starvation, she was certain he would forget all about friendship and go after anybody in his line of sight, except maybe the Guardians. She didn't know how old Beris was, but if he was given food every time he asked, he would be bigger than Shade.
---
#1830 Posted: 21:20:40 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Alright then.” Shade then went and asked Latnok for his food. “What’s on the menu today Latnok?”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1831 Posted: 21:31:20 04/06/2019
Latnok allowed the sailors to take their own meals, though he had something set out for Raclaw and Chester already. He had an idea of what Raclaw would ask, and would preempt it. "The wild creature will get food when she has shown herself to be capable of asking for it in a suitable manner," he telepathed. "She must know humility before she will accept any form of instruction - and she must accept instruction if we're to train her in acting in ways which don't endanger the lives of others."

"Agreed-- she must be taught. And politeness will be a good start.," Raclaw telecommunicated as he and Chester began to eat their already laid out meals. As a dragon who had effectively been tamed since birth, he knew well what rewards would await a well-behaved dragon. Not to mention the safety of the crew and civilization as a whole. He was rather curious about fur-like dragon, but understood the risks that would remain with a fully *wild* dragon. Risar retrieved his meal with a respectful nod and ate nearby. As per the usual, Latnok's cooking was quite satisfactory.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1832 Posted: 21:47:58 04/06/2019
Latnok grabbed a tray with some meat and corn on it for Shade. "We have beef today," Latnok said simply. "I put some seasoning in it. Do try not to choke on it," he added jokingly before handing Shade his tray. He wouldn't be surprised if the wild dragon skipped this meal - but Latnok knew she would cave eventually.

Ilasi gratefully took the food from Maverick. "So kind of her to think of me," she commented, as she began cutting a chunk of the beef prepared by Latnok. Ilasi didn't know what the Guardians had planned for the dragon now - but was really hoping that she wouldn't be a part of it. At least here, she was safe - and she had Maverick to keep her company.

"I do think about other things!" Veris said in protest as he tensed up slightly. "I always want to make sure my human and others are safe, and I hope to make them happy with me!" Veris slouched, subconsciously taking a more defensive posture with his wings.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1833 Posted: 22:17:08 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Thank you.” He gave a simple nod and walked away he soon went next to Tyraika. “See? Simple as that. I only asked politely.”
---
SC
#1834 Posted: 22:24:14 04/06/2019
Maverick began eating too, leaving two glasses on the table besides her, one with water and another one with milk so she could pick between the two of them. He drank milk from the bottle itself, having forgotten how good it was.

"I do think about other things!" Veris said in protest as he tensed up slightly. "I always want to make sure my human and others are safe, and I hope to make them happy with me!" Veris slouched, subconsciously taking a more defensive posture with his wings.

Angora felt very uneasy with Veris' behavior, never having expected him to be so defensive about her claim.
"Calm down Veris. Please! I didn't mean anything by it. I just never met someone so... eager about food is all." she said, trying to correct, or at least mellow down her previous claim. The wyvern was clearly very protective of his master, though she wondered what he meant by others.
---
#1835 Posted: 22:25:27 04/06/2019
Tyraika watched closely to see how this interaction would play out. She overheard Shade ask what was on the menu, whatever that is, and get food for it. She blinked and tilted her head. Was that it? You just ask a weird question and get food? This civilized life made no sense. The idea sounded simple enough, but Tyraika still wasn't sure about it. She never had to ask for food a day in her life. She either hunted for it herself or it was provided by her parents. Tyraika never had to ask, it was expected that her parents would feed her, until she could hunt on her own. What a strange custom these humans and captured dragons had.

"I... See..." Tyraika muttered. "So that's all I do? Also, what's a menu?" she asked.

Kasidra had returned and she received a plate of food for herself. "Sir, I delivered the food and spoke with Maverick," she said to Latnok. "I gave him the message and he'll tell Ilasi. He said that they don't feel comfortable being on the deck, so I'm going to be a messenger for them in the meantime."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:09 04/06/2019 by Cynder09
#1836 Posted: 23:28:46 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Just ask nicely and he’ll give it to you.” Shade said. “Hehe a menu is something you get food from. Just ask and they’ll get it for you. But sene we are on a ship it is limited so just ask what’s to eat and ask nicely if you can have some.”
---
SC
#1837 Posted: 23:42:12 04/06/2019
Tyraika blinked and tilted her head to the other side. "Oh. How strange. I just call that nature." She still didn't quite understand the concept of a menu. "They have fish, right? I mean, they should. There's water everywhere. Plenty of fish to eat," she said.
---
#1838 Posted: 00:13:16 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“They might but right now what we can eat is what they cook.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1839 Posted: 00:18:18 05/06/2019
"Cook?" Tyraika asked. "What kind of animal is that? Does it taste good?"
---
#1840 Posted: 00:26:49 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade chuckled a little. “It’s not a animal it’s how some creatures eat. They don’t like to eat raw meat like we do so they cook it using fire to make it taste better.”
---
SC
#1841 Posted: 00:32:18 05/06/2019
"Oh. Well, that's no big deal. I could do that, if I wanted to," Tyraika said. She was tempted to show her fire breath off to him, but knowing the humans, they would probably mistake it for an attack. So she refrained from any displays of magic.
---
#1842 Posted: 00:37:06 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Heh same here but i have different flames than other dragons. I have blue flames. They are hotter than regular flames. Sometimes I have green flames but only in extreme situations.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1843 Posted: 00:43:29 05/06/2019
Tyraika's eyes widened with interest. "Oh, neat! I bet that's quite a sight to look at. The added heat would make it more effective, too. My fire is pretty standard. I use my electricity more often, actually," she said.
---
#1844 Posted: 00:46:44 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Oh? So you have two ability’s? Cool!” Shade said with interest.
---
SC
#1845 Posted: 00:57:16 05/06/2019
Tyraika smiled and raised her head with pride. "Yeah, I have two elements. My parents did, too, and so did my siblings. It's pretty common for my kind, actually."
---
#1846 Posted: 01:04:15 05/06/2019
Latnok nodded. "That makes sense. We'll have to get the beast to a point where we would be confident that anyone could approach it without it lashing out," he said. "It's not going anywhere with that wing. It could heal wrong if we don't get it patched up soon enough - but all the more reason to get this thing under control."
All the talk of Ilasi reminded Latnok of something else - something worth explaining. "We can make decisions - but when we're wrong, we're often not the ones paying for it. We were careless, not applying the proper restraints to a wild animal, and one of our own was nearly killed as a result. That is not a mistake we can afford to make again with this thing."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1847 Posted: 01:11:42 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Oh that’s cool!” Shade looked down at the passing water. “I never knew my parents. I don’t even know if there’s other of my kind out there.”
---
SC
#1848 Posted: 01:31:43 05/06/2019
Tyraika's smile faded and she lowered her head slightly. "I'm sorry," she said softly. She thought of asking what happened to them, but felt that might be too personal of a question, so she refrained from doing so.

Kasidra nodded in agreement. "Yeah, there's no way anyone could treat its injuries if it lashes out like that. We could end up with a repeat of last time or something equally disastrous," she said. "The wounds could also get infected before we can heal them. We don't have forever to wait, if we want to help it, and also prevent further harm to the crew." She considered the possibility of her blood magic being useful in restraining the dragon, but feared the possible result of it mistaking her restraint as an actual attack. It was too risky to actually consider.

The tiefling sighed and nodded slowly. "What happened is unfortunate and it could have been prevented with precautions. We got lucky but we might not again. It could end up much worse, if there were another incident like that," Kasidra said. "I hope it responds well to the training."
---
#1849 Posted: 01:36:16 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“To tell you the truth I’m not from this world. I am actually a Dragolet. A visitor from a long gone world.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1850 Posted: 02:02:22 05/06/2019
Ilasi tried out some of the milk - and was immediately filled with a sense of relaxing bliss. She began fo ease up noticeably, though she was still not willing to go up to the deck just yet. "I'm really glad you still have this," Ilasi said, as she took more sips of her drink. "Maybe I can focus on a bit of reading after this is all done... Oh. We have an issue. That... accident... that was all of my sedative. I will need to make more." Even amidst everything that had happened, Ilasi still wanted to make sure she had the tools to do her job.

Veris complied with Angora and took a more relaxed posture. He didn't immediately have anything to say, typically ceasing any sort of noise when told something along the lines of "calm down."

Latnok took another look at Tyraika, who seemed to be occupied with Shade. "When you attack my crew, and are not willing to correct the very attitude that brought them harm... then I have no kindness to waste on you. With her complete disdain for us non-dragon folk, I wouldn't even be surprised if she was lying to us just to get healed. She will learn her place here, or she will wish she did. The captain and I will both be on the same page in regards to that after what happened."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:16 05/06/2019 by A Guy
First | Previous | Page 37 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me