darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Gateway to Glimmer’s Invented Challenges
Page 1 of 1
Gateway to Glimmer’s Invented Challenges
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1 Posted: 15:01:13 10/02/2019 | Topic Creator
I just started replaying Gateway to Glimmer, and since I’ve seen many people try to break the game over the past few months, I’ve decided to try and do something similar myself.

I was able to reach the Superfly Powerup inside the cave by the using the one outside (and thus without having to know climbing first), and even managed to get on top of the big rock in the first area, the one where a Scarlet Lizard spawns.

So when I reached the second gem lamps’ challenge, I decided to make it a bit harder by trying to complete it without using the Superfly Powerup a single time: believe it or not, I managed to complete it and decided to share this idea here in case anyone was interested to try it themselves.

Keep in mind it’s a very hard task, but it’s 100% possible and also very fun!

I’ll write down how I approached it in the following post, under spoiler so that you can decide whether to get a few tips or figure it all out by yourselves. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:05 13/02/2019 by Drek95
#2 Posted: 16:13:53 10/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Here is my personal solution!
Be warned, this challenge requires good control over charging, gliding and hovering skills and has a fairly small time limit.
You’ll have to pull off an almost flawless run, so I highly suggest you to get used to the path and to the various actions before attempting it properly.

First of all, use the whirlwind and reach the rocky platform with the building and a Scarlet Lizard by gliding and hovering at the right time: from there glide right to the closest of the small ledges of the central building and carefully hover to land on it; glide around the right of the building to reach the next ledge and repeat the process to reach the third one, which should put you right in front of the purple gem lamp (adjust the camera so you can see it clearly).

This is were the actual challenge starts!
When you are ready, glide over the lamp and hover just before reaching it to gain enough height to be able to light it up, then immediately start charging as soon as you hit the ground and head towards the whirwlind.
Remember to charge as often as you can, since it help saving precious seconds, and reach the second small ledge again to light the green lamp up (same hovering process as the purple one).

That was the hardest part for now.
Start charging again and use the whirlwind to reach the big platform again, then charge directly towards the yellow lamp and simply glide to torch it: hovering takes more time, so avoid it in this case.
At this point, run back to the whirlwind and just charge and jump to reach the orange lamp, while already turning yourself towards the whirlwind one last time.

Here comes the last tricky bit: instead of letting the whirlwind take you where it usually does, hover right above the very end of the left circular border of the platform and just breath fire to light the blue lamp up; if your are oriented towards it you should be able to do it without even needing to move.
From there, either glide or charge and jump to your left to reach the other side of the platform and take your final glide to the red lamp.

Pretty sure this can’t be done in the original game due to how differently hovering works, but the ledges should be there and collisions should also be a bit more forgiving.
Plus there’s the double jump, so there might be easier ways to achieve it.

I’m sure there are quicker or simply different ways to complete it, so please post your own experiences here!
I’ll try to come up with more challenges while I go through the game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:21:03 10/02/2019 by Drek95
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#3 Posted: 20:23:32 13/03/2019
I'm gonna try this, and update you
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#4 Posted: 23:06:43 13/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar
I'm gonna try this, and update you

Great, glad you found the idea worth a try!

I came up with a few more challenges, but I’ll wait until I’ll finish the entire game before writing them down.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me