Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > DarkSpyro's changed a lot since my first visit...
Page 1 of 1
DarkSpyro's changed a lot since my first visit...
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 21:42:10 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
I remember when I first came here in the Christmas of '11. Back then I was little more than an innocent Skylanders fanboy, I still believed the world was an idyllic place. That I could become anything I wanted to be, achieve anything I wanted to achieve, that I'd always be as happy as I was then. I was so wrong. As soon as I witnessed the unfairness of the world I was shaken. My innocence is now crushed, I have fallen into a pit of depression and I can't escape. Remember when everyone used to love this place? Now it's a grim dystopia run by the cruel dictator dark52 and his elite bodyguards, the "mods". The rest of us live in poverty.
I woke up this morning to the sound of ExtremeSpyro beating his wife again. I had even less sleep than usual the night before, I worked as border patrol for below minimum wage and had to stay two hours of unpaid overtime or the mods would kill my family for disobedience. I got home at 11PM and eventually cried myself to sleep at 1AM before waking up at 4AM... I had to get to work by 5, usually I'd set my alarm to 4:15 so I'd get a little extra sleep but ES decided to start beating his wife a little earlier today so the screams woke me up instead. I guess I should be thankful, my alarm is terrible anyway. I only had enough money to buy secondhand and this one emits a horrific noise that gives me a migraine whenever I have to hear it. As for ES, well, he's a common criminal who lives next door. He gotten away with at least twelve counts of murder but the mods refuse to do anything about it. He also killed my cat and stole my life savings once which was somewhat inconvenient, who I am to complain? I should be grateful to still be alive in this world.
Anyway I got dressed, picked up my pistol then left my house, tripping over a loose board and scraping my knee. I made a mental note to buy some medicine later or it'd get infected and I'd die. It already happened to a few people I knew and I was always asked to put them out of their misery. After this I limped on my way, stopping to glace at some other users beating someone in the town square. I could barely make him out but when I squinted I recognised the kid of gnarlytreesnex, he was almost unrecognisable from the bruises covering his body. I heard the chanting as they continued to beat him senseless, "Dumb ways to Skylander! Dumb ways to Skylander!" They continued kicking his body around. There was no way to tell if he was even alive anymore. Nobody would care, people get killed 'round here all the time.
It all reminded me of dark52 again. He was currently lazing around in his castle, probably using our taxes to prepare another feast with the mods. He didn't need to worry about us. No, as long as we paid our harsh taxes anything was allowed. Murder and theft were commonplace under his rule and nobody cared. Sometimes the work he put us through was cruel. I've heard casualty rates are quite high at the gem mines - sometimes as many as twenty deaths a day. On a good day, only eleven or twelve people would lose their lives. I was lucky to be tasked with the border patrol. Whilst we occasionally get some pretty bad ones trying to cross over, the most deaths we've ever had in a single day was eight. Most of the time it was simply Spyro or Skylanders fans, unaware of the reality awaiting them, expecting a utopia for the discussion of Spyro and Skylanders. It always saddened me to see their smiling faces only to know they could quite easily die by the end of the day. Sometimes they'd no sooner enter darkSpyro than be shot dead by a passerby… I was used to it by now.
I continued along until I found dark girl in the same alley as usual. "Got any change?" she asked, but I hurried forward. It always pained me to see her like this. She used to smile, too, but days of happiness for us all were long gone. Now... ah, I can't even bring myself to describe what she's gone through. She has to resort to this simply to survive. She doesn't want to be friends anymore, she's only in it for the money now. There are bruises all over her body, often her customers would get too aggressive and it's kind of a miracle she hasn't died yet. Sometimes I think about putting her out of her misery but can't bring myself to do it. When I think of how she used to smile, asking to be friends, I can't bring myself to do it. How she could end up like this, it's merely one drop of despair in this glass called darkSpyro. A sickening reality but reality nonetheless.
I eventually arrived at my post. There weren't many here today, likely they were killed on their way here. Maybe a new mass murder or something. The only person besides me was sleeping on duty so I did my duty as a civilian of darkSpyro and shot him. If I didn't I'd be disobeying orders - it clearly stated that anyone not doing their job must be shot on the spot, one of the few rules dark52 had set up. Now I was alone on border patrol. I walked over to the gates and noticed three Skyros heading my way, smiles on their faces. This was what I hated about this job, when innocents like them show up. I could heard their cries of innocent glee: "Oh boy, I can't wait to talk about Skylanders!" said the one on the left, "This is gonna be so much fun!" said the one on the right. I looked around but, of course, there was nobody. I knew what I must do.
I opened the gates and stepped outside, then shot the one on the left. The other two stared in shock and I immediately shot the one on the right too. Now only one Skyro remained. "What's your name, kid?" I asked. "Uh, J-Jimmy, sir." He was terrified. I don't regret what I did, I was merely saving them from a horrible fate. I have warned others before yet they still come through these gates. The only way I could save at least one life was to show him what awaited firsthand. "Listen, Jimmy, turn back now. DarkSpyro is a cruel place. It's not the utopia others speak of, it's harsh, cruel, terrible. There are no Skylanders here, only poverty and death. So run, run until you find a new civilisation. Warn them of here. Tell them that, no matter what, they must never come here. Ever." "Y-yes, sir." replied Jimmy. He ran away and that was the last time I ever saw him.
An hour or so later some new recruits arrived. I imagine the news of the lost patrols reached dark52 so he sent some new ones in. By the end of the day two were already killed from a more violent guest, aside from that it was mostly more Skyros. I simply endured it and hoped Jimmy would find somewhere to carry my warning. Was there even anywhere outside darkSpyro? I had been trapped here so long, I no longer knew of the outside world. Perhaps we were the last remnants of a dying world. Perhaps these people were only trying to find a safe place to stay. I hope not, because the idea of this dystopia as their last hope depresses me. I just hope there is somewhere better than here... maybe I can visit that place someday.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2 Posted: 22:20:29 31/01/2019
can you transfer some of your writing power to me pls
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 22:25:45 31/01/2019
I'm not going to lie, this seems like a pretty decent novel.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#4 Posted: 23:34:47 31/01/2019
if you had just been friends with dark girl then all of this could have been avoided
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:01 31/01/2019 by Jaggedstar
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#5 Posted: 10:39:12 01/02/2019
i am writing this on my dsi in remenberance of dark girl.
i actually genuinely wonder where dark girl is, to think she is an average citizen of this society is unfathomable and i refuse to believe it.
like what if one day she randomly stumbles upon this website and sees our posts worshipping her merely for asking new users to be her friends? what if she’s ....dead? how will we bring her back to life and call her name and save her from the dark? in the words of evenesscence, of course.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#6 Posted: 11:19:15 01/02/2019
Damn, all you had to do was Ctrl + Shift + I, you could just change all of the stuff you don't like into your own thing, I do it all the time!
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#7 Posted: 12:55:37 01/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: whirlwind fan
i am writing this on my dsi in remenberance of dark girl.
i actually genuinely wonder where dark girl is, to think she is an average citizen of this society is unfathomable and i refuse to believe it.
like what if one day she randomly stumbles upon this website and sees our posts worshipping her merely for asking new users to be her friends? what if she’s ....dead? how will we bring her back to life and call her name and save her from the dark? in the words of evenesscence, of course.

Who ever said she was human? She may have been a test bot by dark52, he might have noticed how we don't have any friends and created dark girl to pity us. Maybe dark girl never wanted to be our friend. Maybe she was merely a creation of dark52 to remedy our pathetic lives.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me