darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > What do you think could be done for potential expansion packs?
Page 1 of 1
What do you think could be done for potential expansion packs?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1 Posted: 13:14:48 16/01/2019 | Topic Creator
We know about the door in Artisans which hints to an expansion in Spyro 1, but what else do you think could be done?

For Spyro 1 I think it would be more of the same. New levels based around platforming with no mini games.

I personally think they should create a Spring Home World for Spyro 2. I feel this will flesh out the game more, as it felt a lot shorter than Spyro 1 and 3 by only having three home worlds. I also didn't find the levels based around Winter Tundra to be the best. It would provide a nice expansion and really improve the latter half of the game if done well.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2 Posted: 16:21:37 16/01/2019
I wasn't aware that the door had any purpose besides [the word escapes me, but basically boils down to "so that the player knows how the dragons get in and out of the Artisans world." Cohesion? Consistency? Lugoscababib Discobiscuits?]. But for the sake of argument I'll say it's there for a DLC. I could only imagine it's to add a level that Insomniac didn't have time to put in originally, or a second secret level. I'm not sure if there was anything like Stormy Ascent in Spyro the Dragon, though.

I'm not quite sure how - design wise - a Spring world would differ to Summer Forest. I suppose it could have rabbits and greater foliage, but that kind of already exists in Year of the Dragon's lobbies.

I wouldn't want the Winter Tundra levels changed, even if I'm only a fan of the hub rather than the places (Mystic Marsh is God Tier though, don't @ me). By all means add to it, I'd love to see Toys for Bob's originality shine through once more.... but keep WT as it was. smilie

EDIT: CONTINUITY! The word I was looking for was CONTINUITY!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:58:17 17/01/2019 by Johnbonne
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#3 Posted: 16:42:21 16/01/2019
I'm cheap, so I'd be ok if they're free to download. If there is any DLC, though, I doubt it'd be for free.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 00:26:17 17/01/2019
Perhaps an experimental level to test an idea for a future sequel, different from all the other levels.

In terms of aesthetics and presentation, I'm thinking a otherworldly beautiful skybox with the music being calming ambience with the Japanese Shō wind instrument.

[User Posted Image]

Gameplay-wise, it would the most challenging platforming yet with basic, clear polygonal platforms but possibly a mix of platform-based puzzles to solve.

To justify it in the story, Spyro finds a secret portal as he explores deep in the Artisans World castle and Spyro follows a spirit that whispers to him. What it's whispering to him could possibly be foreshadowing a new villain for a sequel bait.

But that's just my dream idea for a DLC level.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Dreamweaver Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#5 Posted: 03:27:29 18/01/2019
I feel like they might stick with the Crash approach and just release a single level in a random game (at least to start with). I can't imagine them investing too much time in a whole new home world complete with more levels, but it would be a pleasant surprise, for sure.
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#6 Posted: 05:08:52 20/01/2019
Was there any cut levels from Spyro? That would be a good start. Like a director's cut.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 09:03:55 20/01/2019
There was some cut content in the second and third game, even down to two early concepts of Homeworlds from the first one (one of which was incorporated in Beast Makers), but it’s either in a very early stage or not enough to justify a DLC.
Would have made more sense if they integrated it in the base game.

Regarding potential ideas, if they had to limit themselves to only one game then I’d definitely want to see a Spring Homeworld for Gateway to Glimmer.
I honestly don’t care if it was never planned, you cannot go for a seasons’ theme and then leave one of them out: even with Autumn Plains having double the levels of the the other two Homeworlds I’ve still always felt as if the game was the shortest among the trilogy.
Probably just an impression, but it’s still annoying.

I think using a lot of flowers could help make it unique even when compared to Midday Gardens or Sunrise Spring: I mean lots of flowers, such as giant ones acting as platforms, big lily pads with waterlilies (perhaps you could burn one of them to reveal an orb), bloomed vines and tons of small and big flowers scattered among the grass.
Then you could have non-eatable butterflies and bees flying around and birds singing which would also serve as fodder.
They could even go for a wooden aesthetic for the main castle, just to help it stand out even more among the others.
No real problem for the levels’ themes, but they could continue creating pairs either because of the settings or the inhabitants.
Would also love to see the pterodactyl Ripto uses in the final phase of his fight as the boss of the Homeworld.

Can’t really think about anything “missing” from the first and third title, unless they really wanted to include the Machinists and the Aquifers, but any bit of original content would be a great way to understan how TfB could handle a potential brand new game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Dreamweaver Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#8 Posted: 23:41:00 21/01/2019
Quote: Drek95
I think using a lot of flowers could help make it unique even when compared to Midday Gardens or Sunrise Spring: I mean lots of flowers, such as giant ones acting as platforms, big lily pads with waterlilies (perhaps you could burn one of them to reveal an orb), bloomed vines and tons of small and big flowers scattered among the grass.
Then you could have non-eatable butterflies and bees flying around and birds singing which would also serve as fodder.
They could even go for a wooden aesthetic for the main castle, just to help it stand out even more among the others.

Okay, you just entirely changed my mind about having a spring home world. That sounds beautiful. Also, giant lily pads call for giant frogs. Just how it goes.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 08:26:55 22/01/2019
Quote: Dreamweaver
Quote: Drek95

Okay, you just entirely changed my mind about having a spring home world. That sounds beautiful. Also, giant lily pads call for giant frogs. Just how it goes.

Thanks, glad you liked it!
Oh sure, giant frogs would be great, you could even have to chase one around both on land and underwater to get another orb.

By the way, I have to point out that while I’d love a brand new Homeworld I still think single levels like the ones we got for the N. Sane Trilogy would be far more likely to happen.
I could however see them creating an empty Homeworld to gradually fill with levels as the year goes on.
Still, better set our expectations relatively low, since we aren’t even sure about getting anything at all for now. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#10 Posted: 11:02:23 22/01/2019
Aye, that sounds really good, never thought about it being like that, Drek! Perhaps we might see some asset re-use from the Beast Makers' homeworld from the first game, or Autumn Plains? Not played beyond that so I couldn't speak for what other worlds would be like that (except maybe the second one from YotD?)
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 474
#11 Posted: 14:51:29 10/02/2019
What if there was like a "Grandmaster Galaxy" "Darker Side "Champion's Road" kinda deal, that just threw together all the bosses and stage mehcanics and enemies into a huge ass, linear platforming stage? As long as its not "Mummy-Me Maze Forever"... shudder
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#12 Posted: 01:41:08 11/02/2019
Actually, seeing this topic pop up again, I've given it some thought, and I think I'd want to see an expansion that works as a crossover between N.Sane Trilogy and Reignited. We got a similar concept with Thumpin' Wumpa Islands in Skylanders Imaginators, and I think it could be better fleshed out here.

Or like some sort of Spyro meta crossover where he meets the other versions of himself.

Or, as I'm throwing out ideas, a Spyro/Crash crossover where they both meet previous versions of themselves.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Thomas OMalley Blue Sparx Gems: 598
#13 Posted: 21:30:55 15/02/2019
I feel like they might stick with the Crash approach and just release a single level in a random game (at least to start with). I can't imagine them investing too much time in a whole new home world complete with more levels, but it would be a pleasant surprise, for sure.

This, basically.

Quote: ThunderEgg
Actually, seeing this topic pop up again, I've given it some thought, and I think I'd want to see an expansion that works as a crossover between N.Sane Trilogy and Reignited. We got a similar concept with Thumpin' Wumpa Islands in Skylanders Imaginators, and I think it could be better fleshed out here.

Or like some sort of Spyro meta crossover where he meets the other versions of himself.

Or, as I'm throwing out ideas, a Spyro/Crash crossover where they both meet previous versions of themselves.

I think it could be an idea to do this for a future game. I saw an idea in a video awhile ago about swapping Spyro and Crash's playstyle around so that Spyro would be in a linear platformer and Crash would be in an open world. I wonder how that'd work.
---
Ev'ry body wants to be a cat ~
#14 Posted: 05:59:15 16/02/2019
Quote: Thomas OMalley

This, basically.

I think it could be an idea to do this for a future game. I saw an idea in a video awhile ago about swapping Spyro and Crash's playstyle around so that Spyro would be in a linear platformer and Crash would be in an open world. I wonder how that'd work.

We kinda saw that with Crash: The Cortex Conspiracy and Spyro: Ripto's Rampage, but besides being a compilation of mini-games set in hub worlds, all it really did was put Spyro in a side-scroller. Which to be honest, wasn't that bad at all. In a review I'm working on I'll go on to say that Spyro: Orange was the better of the two GBA games.

Would be kinda neat to see that on consoles and PC though. I personally would prefer Spyro do another side-scroller, and Crash be in the open world a la A Hero's Tail. I doubt most people would remember the GBA games, which mostly sound cool until you actually play them and realise what they are.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#15 Posted: 12:01:35 16/02/2019
Quote: Johnbonne
Quote: Thomas OMalley

This, basically.

We kinda saw that with Crash: The Cortex Conspiracy and Spyro: Ripto's Rampage, but besides being a compilation of mini-games set in hub worlds, all it really did was put Spyro in a side-scroller. Which to be honest, wasn't that bad at all. In a review I'm working on I'll go on to say that Spyro: Orange was the better of the two GBA games.

Would be kinda neat to see that on consoles and PC though. I personally would prefer Spyro do another side-scroller, and Crash be in the open world a la A Hero's Tail. I doubt most people would remember the GBA games, which mostly sound cool until you actually play them and realise what they are.

That's an unpopular opinion, most people say that the Crash counterpart is better.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#16 Posted: 20:04:24 21/02/2019
the gba games were pretty crap tho aha. thanks vicarious visions. ;p
at least you have redeemed yourselves.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#17 Posted: 20:09:32 21/02/2019
oh sorry, i was referring to the spyro orange/crash purple games. cx
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#18 Posted: 09:25:30 22/02/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bolt
the gba games were pretty crap tho aha. thanks vicarious visions. ;p
at least you have redeemed yourselves.

Eh, I liked Season of Flame, and Season of Ice was just okay.

VV didn't work on those games just to let you know, Digital Eclipse worked on Season of Ice, Season of Flame and Attack of the Rhynocs
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#19 Posted: 07:55:27 23/02/2019
Back on topic, there's an idea: put hidden (or make an arcade room) where one can play select levels from the GBA games!

Quote:
That's an unpopular opinion, most people say that the Crash counterpart is better.

I think my reasoning was that the controls were better, but mostly because we'd just had Wrath of Cortex which was hugely downplayed the platforming aspect. I didn't need any more mini-games and vehicles after that. The best parts about Crash: Purple imo were the ones where you either lifted weights, did time trials (those were awesome) or falling down and hitting all the crates. The other two Crash GBA games were mostly asset flips of the second and third game, but because of the level design stood out as some of my favourites in the entire franchise. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:56:05 23/02/2019 by Johnbonne
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me