Page 1 of 1
What is this thing?
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2746
#1 Posted: 03:50:23 13/01/2019 | Topic Creator
If you jump on the bounce pads around here in a certain way, you can get the camera to clip out of bounds, and you can see this loaded... skull thing... As far as I remember, this isn't used elsewhere? Am I misremembering and this is the design of the Undead Source? Don't know why it'd be here in Crawling Catacombs.

This is on the Wii version (captured with Dolphin, but I found it in the first place on an actual Wii lol).

Just thought I would post a small fun thing here. This one in particular intrigued me and is probably more entertaining than segment skips I found with smilie.

[User Posted Image]
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:50:45 13/01/2019 by Drawdler
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6545
#2 Posted: 12:59:02 13/01/2019
That's a non-cutscene version of the Undead Source, yeah. You never see it outside of the CG cutscene so it has no reason to be there.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
#3 Posted: 00:06:33 14/01/2019 | Topic Creator
nnnnnooooooo I went to that level and fought the boss later yesterday and the Undead Source looks like this, including the ingame model, unless it's inconsistent somewhere.

[User Posted Image]

Perhaps at some point the Undead levels were in a different order, with Catacombs being last, and I imagine they would've tried making it a descent deeper and deeper kinda progression. If that thought is actually accurate, I think they made the right call, because Creepy Citadel is fabulous and the Fire levels (... which are also fabulous) went on to do this schtik.
---
#4 Posted: 14:09:30 07/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Related thing found.

So there might be more things like these in a lot of places. ?

It was A PAIN IN THE ASS to transfer this video, in order to upload it, so I hope you enjoy it. Read the description for more info.

---
Wishblade Gold Sparx Gems: 2512
#5 Posted: 02:55:16 15/07/2019
Is that Hex's soul gem?
---
Any last wishes?
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6545
#6 Posted: 12:53:28 15/07/2019
Dunno if anyone watches Boundary Break and the like, but those have a purpose in scripting - but these seem to be way closer to the level for assets that ended up not getting used. That cannon probably was left there in an early version to be called during cutscenes and they just never took it out since it's OOB, though.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me