Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How experimental should a new Spyro sequel be?
Page 1 of 1
How experimental should a new Spyro sequel be?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 10:37:43 02/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is good and all but it feels more like the foundation for a truly great new Spyro game that doesn't exist yet. Similar to how Mortal Kombat 9 retold the original trilogy before diverting from the sequels with MKX, the next Spyro sequel should be it's own thing than obligating developers to retread the less popular Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail.

How experimental? While I want to see things left unchanged like platforming as the core, Tom Kenny still voicing Spyro and re-purposing both Grendor and Red, and a story that obviously doesn't take itself too seriously but I'd love to see a new variety in art direction and music. Obviously, the majority of music should still be heavily influenced by Stewart Copeland's iconic tracks but I want to see later levels and hubs diverting with synthwave, lofi, piano, heavy metal, etc. It would have to depend on how the level looks.

Another thing that would be cool is having Sparx being able to shoot enemies with Spyro similar to the pods that assist 2B, 9S and A2 in NieR Automata and expansion on Spyro's powerups and how they change his scales but instead of a portal, Spyro could get a meter that then activates his powerup breathes like Dante's Devil Trigger.

But that's all just me. Whatever the next Spyro game ends up being, I hope it's not a Live Service but it's owned by Activision so I'm just expecting too much.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:46 02/01/2019 by StevemacQ
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 11:43:08 02/01/2019
Probably as experimental as the 2 sequels that came after the first game really. Of course with re-usage of some characters and maybe a few dark notches? (I mean 3rd game had a genocidal sorceress so... why not?)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#3 Posted: 16:05:25 02/01/2019
I'd like them to focus more on the platforming elements of Spyro game play, like in the first game. Don't get me wrong, the minigames in 2 and 3 were fun for the most part, but I feel that adding minigames is a cheap way to pad out the game. I get why they did it; 2 and 3 only had about a year of development.

I dunno... I just kind of like the emptiness of the original game. It's kind of peaceful. 2 and 3 stress me out with all of the side quests and stuff.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me